A secret of a stargazer | - snapshot -

Beneath the black canvas

Author's Note: 27 years, Jongin spends his life with being a stargazer. No one seems to care for his existence but his family. He has it all, wealth, luxurious life—you name it, but he chooses to lock himself in a room, away from people, away from society. In his heart, there is a sealed promise and a secret which is still waiting to be unfolded, to be unveiled. He has waited since his 10th birthday, he waits and waits. 12.00am, Jan 14th, on his 27th birthday, still, he is waiting for the promise to be fulfilled and for the secret to be unveiled. 

 


 

"Happy birthday," Mrs. Kim coos, caressing the side of Jongin's face tenderly and the younger breaks into a wide smile. She misses him, so much. The look of longing in her eyes is signaling Jongin how much she has missed to see the jovial, cheerful Kim Jongin. How time flies, the last time she checked, Jongin was only a year old—catching his small steps, running around the house and every time her baby was falling, she would always be there. Never once she had missed to see him growing up but after his tenth birthday, her son has changed a lot.

Jongin would rather spend his days locked in his room, doing things she does not even know. She knows her son likes to stargaze but then as years passed, it is as if Jongin is someone she has never met. He barely talks, barely walks outside the room and barely sets his two feet out of the mansion. Jongin is away from society, drowns in his small world which no one can perceive but she never pushes him in talking, voicing his thoughts out loud yet she will always be there to listen. And she is glad when sometimes, Jongin would walk in her library and talk to her.  

"You miss me," Not a question because Jongin knows it and he gently stares in her honey-brown eyes; finding it mesmerizing for how much he has loved her as his only friend, girlfriend and parents.

"A lot." She adds and she leans in to peck a kiss on Jongin's cheek. "I want you to talk, or at least say hi to the guest. Can you do it?" Mrs. Kim waits, momentarily gazes at her son with tiny hopes budding in her chest but her smile fades when Jongin gives her no respond. 

"Alright, I got it—," 

"Ma,” Jongin cuts her off and grins causing the elder to frown in confusion. "I can do it."  

It takes her a moment for the words to sink in and when it is finally digested in her mind, she flashes him her most beautiful smile. "That's my boy." 

 

--------------------

"Oh Sehun," The boy in front of him has a thin smile stretched on his pink thin lips when he tells him his name and a slight of red hue dusting on his cheeks. With the pale skin, long lashes batt on his undereyes skin as he blinks, jet black hair with bangs fall just above his eyes and those sparkling eyes, looking nothing but so captivating as though they are the galaxies for Jongin to treasure and his looks are appealing. He looks ethereal and Jongin can only stare; mesmerized by the beauty of the boy. 

Jongin does not know someone from his past, Oh Sehun—his puppy love—would grow up to be this beautiful and alluring. He is lost for words. Unable to say anything and to have Sehun right in front of him is like dream he could never realize would be true. 

"Jongin?" Sehun looks at Jongin and arches his brows, wondering why Jongin suddenly looks astonished in front of him. He does not know what to do but the only thing he has in his mind is only to poke the caramel skinned male's cheek with his index finger then giggles when Jongin jolts in surprise. 

"I—Uh, sorry, I was..." Jongin trails off and smiles sheepishly whilst rubbing the back of his nape as he feels a blush started to creep up his face. "I was thinking that you've grown up so much, I just..." 

"It's okay." Another giggle is heard and Jongin feels his legs are starting to get jelly. Sehun makes him feel weak. "You look cute when you're stunned." 

"What?" 

And Jongin knows, he has a reason. He is being a stargazer for a reason. And the reason is Oh Sehun.