A secret of a stargazer | - 002 snapshot -

Beneath the black canvas

'Jonginnie! Thanks for the dinner invitation! I'll be there in a short while. (*>.<*)' 

Jongin reads the text message he receives from Sehun and smiles as he taps on the reply button before typing a short 'okay' because he does not want to look so excited for being able to see Sehun; to have dinner with him. He so wants to hug his mother for this, for giving him an opportunity to spend some alone times with the beautiful male and at least lessen the worries in his chest.

He has been worried for not being able to talk to Sehun more, for not being able to go anywhere for a meet up—a date he wants to rephrase but it is just too soon he does not want to build a false hope—and he wants to start to open up for the society to accept how introvert his twenty-seven self is. 

It is during this time that Jongin wants to learn, again, on how to get going with people's behavior, to be known or to be called as a friend, to be friends with people and live a normal life. He has been opposing the fact of him having more friends back when he was ten because Jongin thinks he only had Sehun as his friend and after the younger left, he thought and thinks that he no longer has anyone to spend his free time with. 

To be frankly stated, he has a few or maybe three persons whom he thinks are close to him but they are drifting apart since he is too busy fumbling over nothing in his locked room. 

Now, now, his attention returns back to himself who is now standing in front of the length view mirror, studying his features and outfit of the day. He is clad in a pair of short gray khakis, with a plain white shirt. It does not really look good and Jongin chooses only to look more casual because he does not want Sehun to think he is being too excited for the dinner. 

-----------------------

"Jonginnie, meet my fiancè, Chanyeol and Chanyeol, this is Kim Jongin, my best friend." Sehun smiles but Jongin remains with a straight face, not showing any emotions but he does feel like crying right in front of them. 

'My best friend.' Jongin repeats in his mind. He never thinks Sehun would bring someone over to the dinner. Not that he wants to blame Oh Sehun but he feels dejected, sad and upset with the fact that Sehun already belongs to someone; someone whom he calls fiancè and by fiancè means they are getting married. 

He is in a total lost, for words, for acts and he only stands there, at the doorway, looking like a body without a soul; freezing like a stone, numbing like a dead body and he has no idea how to react to them. Shall he cry? Of course no, Sehun may think he is overreacting things. Shall he just act like nothing ever happened? Yes, maybe he needs to keep calm and rethink about this later. 

So he smiles, despite of the cracking sounds his heart is making, Jongin needs to show them that he is okay and the news he just gets is nothing but a good thing to start a day. 

"Oh, hi, I'm Jongin. Never knew this sweet boy here has a fiancè. Nice to meet you." He extends his hand for a handshake which Chanyeol gladly takes with a wide smile and Jongin thinks only one thing. Chanyeol is nothing but lucky. 

Jongin is surely good at putting up an act when Sehun's giggle is heard and Chanyeol raises his hand to ruffle the youngest of the three's hair. 

He can feel the jealousy starts to grow bit by bit at their contacts, feeling more envious when Sehun only leans closer to wrap his arm around Chanyeol's waist and the other does that; pulling Sehun closer until his arm is securely wrapped around the milky skinned male's shoulders. 

His heart is screaming. He swears if it was not for his unbelievably strong heart at the moment, he would've collapsed right in front of them or maybe died in frustration but then he thinks again, they are yet to get married. Apparently, he still has a tiny chance to win. 

The battle has just started. Jongin does not want to lose.