Homesick | -snapshot-

Beneath the black canvas

Author's note: Sehun has taken a wrong step. It is the step he should have never chosen. When the lights around him dim, he finally understands the meaning of love. But he is too late because he is now far away from home. Now all he feels is homesick. * Inspired by Homesick sung by Dua Lipa  

Genre: Angst | Pairing: SeKai / ChanHun 

 


It cracks and broken. The window he is staring at and the scattered glasses on the floor. The reason to his faith, the cause to his smile, the meaning to his breathing—they are all gone. The color of his life, it is drained, now painted in monochromatic. Colorless. The reflection in the mirror is no longer him. There, stands somebody else who is covered in blue. A grief filled soul and a lifeless body. 

The raindrops are now sliding down his cracked window, mimicking the way his tears drop, bead by bead, running down his pale face. He watches as the sky cries and the flowers are now drooped in crestfallen as if they know what's bugging him. It is this day he wished to never face in life. The fatigue washes over him as he falls on his knees. Reality hurts and to know the love of his life is leaving is much more hurtful. 

The feeling of when the sound of his footsteps slowly fades is beyond pain. It tears him apart. He lets out a silent cry that is soon becoming louder and louder with every bit of torture crawling underneath his pale skin. For all that happens, he does not want to blame him. Now the entire universe is singing him melancholic song, showering him with woes and heavy feelings. His happiness has become a foe, his miseries are now his friend. 

Every sound is put to silence and the sound of the heavy downpour padding the ground now hushed by the deafening sound of his own sadness. Of all that colorful, breathtaking things before him—he can only see black and the world has, eventually, lost its charms with the substitute of gray suffusing every wall, every corner, every space of the earth. 

He screams, he bawls but all he can hear is silence. Everything has gone. This place, this room he is in, is slowly changing into something he does not know; something he wish he could perceive and something he does not call home. All that surrounds him is looking so foreign in his eyes. As if he is isolated from every joy he deserves, from home.

By the time he is looking at the slowly falling picture frame which loosely hanging on the wall, he knows that the love of his life will never be back. And he can feel the homesick crawls, creeping under his chest. 

He is lost and strayed from his arms. 

Kai's arms.