Act 7

Hitched

 

Corsica wasn’t anything like they had ever imagined. In fact, it was many times surreal and breathtaking than they had seen in pictures or travel brochures. The people, the place, the buildings, the scenic beauty. One can go on and never have enough of Corsica.

 

Just as Jung Soo had foreseen, it was the perfect weather for shooting. But their equipments were yet to arrive. In fact, they wouldn’t arrive for another day or two giving them more than enough time to go sightseeing.

 

“How are you feeling?” his assistant asked him as they headed towards the exit.

 

“Much better. Now this is the hotel we’re staying at. Taxi!” Jung Soo called out for a cab as Ryeowook took a look at the hotel. The brochure said it’s a resort of sorts since resorts were quite popular places frequented by tourists for their stay. And because this was the only place they could afford to stay at for a prolonged period of time.

 

“Siwon, Kyuhyun come on!” he called out to both of them. Kyuhyun yawned for the nth time because for a certain someone he’d had to give up his window seat. Siwon, on the other hand stopped on his tracks and turned around only to look at Kyuhyun scrunching his eyes and scratching his head messing up his hair in the process. For some unexplainable reason, something stirred within him.

 

He was about to scold him to step up on it otherwise they’d lose their way in an unknown place. But he couldn’t find his voice to do so. So he just stood there gawking at his arch nemesis like he was some attraction at a fair.

 

“Get your moving, we don’t have all day!” he finally managed to get those words out, but not before feeling flustered with all the annoyingly warm buzz that Kyuhyun had left him in.

 

“Tch. I guess I’d rather be a saint than expect gratitude from you!” Siwon received a snarky reply from Kyuhyun. But that’s how any sane person would react having to listen to the crap that spews out from your mouth first thing in the morning.

 

“Well …I..uh..” As Siwon began trying to sort of kind of possibly thank him he was interrupted by the shrill ringing of Kyuhyun’s phone. And almost as if by miracle, the gloom that had been set in Kyuhyun’s face was suddenly lifted as he noticed the caller ID.

 

“Hey there…ya…a few minutes ago..” Siwon had guessed with the way Kyuhyun’s voice sounded toned down that it had to be none other than his fiancée.

 

Although Siwon would never admit to this weird suffocating feeling even if he were tortured in some dungeon a hundred feet below the earth’s surface, his stomach plummeted upon realizing that Kyuhyun was engaged. He stood stock still right in the middle of the crowded airport as Kyuhyun walked by, still talking without a care for the world. Kyuhyun’s voice sounded oddly pleasant to his ears.

 

Pleasant? He wondered if it was something that he had eaten on his way that was making him feel funny. At the end he had settled that it was probably because of his stupid decision for that extra helping of kimbap on flight. Come to think of it, it did taste funny!

 

What was he doing? What was he thinking and why? He desperately needed to get his act together if he was supposed to work with Kyuhyun for this movie! A lot of things were riding on the success of this film and a lot was at stake. He couldn’t afford to be swept away by trivial things like this.

 

As he approached his entourage he only wondered if it was pre-emptive to consider this, whatever this was, trivial. Maybe it was time he considered his father’s advice and looked for prospective brides too. Or atleast get himself a girlfriend or practically anything to keep himself pre-occupied. Anything to keep his mind busy and keep it from wandering into uncharted territories.

 

But the more Siwon wished to stay away from the one person who had been making him feel woozy all day, the more destiny worked its way against it. He found himself cooped up at the back seat beside a peacefully sleeping Kyuhyun. The resort where they were supposed to stay was an hour’s ride from the airport giving Kyuhyun ample time to take a power nap to get rid of his nasty jetlag. This however wasn’t going down well with Siwon. So he decided to distract himself by engaging in a chit chat with Jung Soo and Ryeowook.

 

“Kyuhyun’s fast asleep, I suppose!” Jung Soo said.

 

“Yes. And look he is too cute. Sleeping like a baby!” Ryeowook cooed like a doting mother.

 

“Unfortunately, that’s as far as we can get to see him in this state. Don’t tell him that when he wakes up unless you want yourself strangulated to death!” Jung Soo warned his assistant.

 

As much as the pull was strong to look away, Siwon managed to take a good look at Kyuhyun’s sleeping face. There it was again. The strange stirring. It was the exact picture that had him transfixed earlier on the flight. Messy hair, parted lips, closed eyes, long lashes and the sun gleaming from outside struck a beautiful golden halo. A sudden increase in heart rate had him doubling over so much that Jung Soo had to crane his neck and ask him if he was feeling ok.

 

“I think I am a bit car sick. Can I switch seats with you?” he asked Ryeowook. The shorter one complied and ran over to the back seat and they resumed their ride.

 

“Are you ok Siwon? You look a little pale!” Jung Soo asked out of concern.

 

“Yeah. Its….Its just the jetlag I think! Nothing to worry about!” he managed with a wry smile on his face. Thankfully Jung Soo didn’t probe much into it until they reached the resort.

 

It was a beautiful resort atop a hill that had the most gorgeous panoramic view of the coast line. Cool blue waters, sunny skies and the crisp ocean air melted away their tiredness. To think how they had been able to afford such a breathtaking view of the island at such a low price baffled them. After unloading their luggage from the trunk, Jung Soo tipped the driver handsomely.

 

Meanwhile Kyuhyun looked like he had seen better days. To be honest, he looked miserable.

 

“Whats wrong? You slept off in the car for the entire ride and still look like !” Jung Soo asked.

 

“Yeah well I wasn’t the one snoring and snuggling into your assistant’s shoulders on the flight!” Kyuhyun whined in his sleepy voice.

 

“That explains the wet feeling I think. You were drooling weren’t you hyung?” Ryeowook accused him.

 

“Yeah yeah whatever. And you, for someone who is about to drop unconscious, your mouth doesn’t cease to amaze me!” Jung Soo pointed at the sleepy head and carried his luggage inside as Ryeowook followed. Siwon, on the other hand was standing outside trying to ignore their little conversation or more precisely, trying to put as much distance as he could from Kyuhyun.

 

“Are you planning to stand outside all day?” He heard Kyuhyun say as he his heels heading towards the reception counter. And what happened next just went by at such lightning speed that no one had expected things would turn out the way it had. Because of his jetlag, Kyuhyun wobbled on his feet as he turned but ended up tripping on his own feet. He was certain he was gonna plant his face on the tiled floor and leave a permanent impression, but to his surprise the impact never came. Instead a strong pair of arms was supporting him by his waist preventing him from falling.

 

“Seriously watch where you’re going!” Siwon grunted as he struggled to find his balance as well.

 

As Kyuhyun realized the situation, he immediately jerked away and sat down on the stairs at the entrance trying to catch his breath. Jung Soo and Ryeowook came running as soon as they had witnessed it.

 

“Here. Drink this!” Ryeowook offered him a bottle of water which Kyuhyun gladly took and gulped a few mouthfuls.

 

“Seriously whats with you two? One is car sick and the other has the mother of all hangovers! Are we seriously gonna be spending our two days worth of time inside a hospital?” Jung Soo sounded hysterical.

 

“Don’t blow your lid over a tiny hangover. I’ll be fine if I sleep it off!” Kyuhyun said as he got up dragging his luggage inside. He collected his room keys from the reception desk and stormed off.

 

“It’s the grumpiest I’ve seen him in a long time. Something happened?” Jung Soo wondered out loud, loud enough for Siwon’s ears.

 

“Lets get inside hyung.” Siwon said as he headed towards his room as well leaving a baffled Jung Soo and a frightened Ryeowook behind.

 

“We’ll be …..ok. Right hyung?” Ryeowook asked worriedly. All this tension around the two top stars of the industry was wearing him out.

 

“I wish I had an answer to that. Come on. We’re sharing rooms.” He said and both headed upstairs.

 

After settling in their comfortable rooms, they freshened up and came downstairs for breakfast. All three were in attendance except Kyuhyun. Jung Soo thought of calling him but decided against it thinking that he was probably taking a nap. Since they were hungry they had a hearty breakfast. As he finished his meal, Siwon received a call from his father.

 

“Excuse me hyung. I gotta take this.” He excused himself and walked out.

 

“Have you reached there already?” his father asked him.

 

“Yes dad. A few hours ago.” He replied. He could sense something was up otherwise his dad wouldn’t have called him. And he could almost guess what it could be.

 

“Siwon-ah we’ve received a nice proposal for you. You remember Yoona right, Mr. Im’s daughter?” his dad began. Same old same old. Even hell can freeze over but his dad’s control over his personal life can never be sorted. It was because of this imposing behavior of his that the two quarrel so fiercely whenever they were at home.

 

“Dad why don’t you understand! I am busy right now trying to take my career to the next level. I cant possibly be thinking about marriage.” He reasoned.

 

“Are you going to stay a bachelor for the rest of your life then? Why cant you understand that your mom and I are worried for your future?” his dad’s voice went up an octave. He was in trouble. At this rate, if his father blew his top he wouldn’t hear the end of it from his mom.

 

“I don’t want anything weighing me down. Especially not when I am doing this movie.” He said.

 

“Ok then you can consider this after you are finished with the movie.” His dad said. The sheer stubbornness overwhelmed Siwon. Well, he was his father after all!

 

“I..I’ll think about it. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to be on my way.” He said and hung up. On his way, where? He honestly didn’t know where he was heading. And then there was Kyuhyun. Right now he was probably peacefully loitering around in dreamland with Victoria. Siwon didn’t know if he’d live to see the day when he’d be jealous of Kyuhyun. The guy was a successful actor and singer and was happily engaged to one of the most gorgeous models in the fashion world. And once this project wraps up, he’d be hitched and enjoying his honeymoon in a private yacht or feeding ducks by the side of some pond in London’s countryside.

 

Feeding ducks?? Psh. Isnt that what old lonely people would do to pass their time?

 

Great! I think like an old geezer. No wonder I am single!

 

He went back into the restaurant just in time to join Jung Soo and Ryeowook again and he spotted Kyuhyun heading their way sporting a hoodie and a pair of baggies. From the look on his face, he seemed to have clearly gotten rid of his jetlag.

 

“Can I get some breakfast too?” Kyuhyun asked as he sat beside Ryeowook. It was 10:30 a.m. Siwon rolled his eyes at his tenacity to ask for breakfast when it was already time for lunch.

 

“Sure. There might be some leftovers in the kitchen.” Siwon quipped as Kyuhyun smirked but refused to meet his eyes.

 

“Hyung I didn’t know they were looking for part time waiters! Well no offense but he is doing a tremendous job being one.” And he smirked again. Siwon was tempted to drive his head through a wall for riling him up like that. But apparently thanks to Jung Soo’s quick thinking the inevitable was averted.

 

“Break it up guys. Jeez, we’re on vacation for Christ’s sake. And look there’s your food!” he pointed out as a waiter came with a plate of steaming pancakes and a tall glass of orange juice.

 

“Get ready guys. We’ll be touring around the island after this. I want you two to make it downstairs in 15, got it!” Jung Soo declared.

 

“Tch. Drill sergeants are probably more amicable.” Kyuhyun said in a whisper as he gobbled up his pancakes.

 

“I heard you. You’re lucky I like you and your voice.” He said and headed towards him room while his loyal assistant followed. Siwon and Kyuhyun were there sitting opposite each other. Just sitting. Cue awkward silence and annoying munching sounds. It was practically grating on Siwon’s nerves. He saw how greedily Kyuhyun ate those pancakes. It was like he was inhaling them at such an inhuman speed.

 

He is a pig!

 

Occasionally Kyuhyun would peek through his bangs to see just how Siwon was coping with this sullen silence. The man was just staring at him. It was ridiculous.

 

“I am not giving you my pancakes.” He said to Siwon and resumed his eating. Scoffing loudly, Siwon crossed his legs under the table and pretended to be busy with his phone. Why couldn’t he just get up and leave? Jung Soo did tell them to be ready in 15 minutes. But he was already in his casuals so not much prepping was needed.

 

He sneaked a stare or two in Kyuhyun’s direction who by the way was on his last pancake but that was expertly caught by his rival.

 

“Do..do you mind? I get the *hic*….” Kyuhyun stopped midway at his rant.

 

Siwon stared wide eyed at his rival who was now having difficulty stringing coherent words together because of the hiccups. It was funny how a person could get the hiccups just by getting stared at. It was the first time witnessing such a rare phenomenon.

 

“Damn *hic* just get *hic* lost *hic*” By now Kyuhyun’s face was sweating at the full blown hiccups. He tried quelling it with the glass of orange juice. But to no avail. He tried holding his breath. That too didn’t work. He was slowly working himself into a panic attack because of the nonstop bouts of hiccupping. He stood up on one leg and tried balancing his weight on it.

 

The restaurant was deserted except for the both of them. Siwon found it difficult to control his amusement at Kyuhyun’s antics. But he could see that the struggle was real. He started sweating profusely. Somehow Siwon wished deep down that he could provide some amount of relief and alleviate the situation.

 

Just then a waiter signaled at him from behind Kyuhyun. He was doing awkward expressions with his face that he just couldn’t decipher. He gestured back to know what was it that he was trying to tell. The waiter again made the same expressions and was now making kissy faces at him.

 

Was? Was he…..maybe…trying to tell him…to kiss Kyuhyun?

 

NO WAY IN HELL……

 

He turned around in hopes of escaping from this predicament but he could see Kyuhyun on the verge of passing out. Little drops of tears made way down his cheeks.

 

my life! And screw you Cho for ing up my life!

 

Cursing his luck, he faced Kyuhyun again and neared him. He was cheering himself with pep talks just to calm his nerves. This had to be done. Its now or never.

 

Its ok. Its like kissing your co-star. Sure I have kissed my co-stars in the past. Nothing special.

 

He held onto Kyuhyun’s shoulders and brought him near him in a flash as his lips ascended onto those soft smooth ones. A cure for the hiccups? Or something that will trigger a whirlwind that would never cease!?

 


 

Hey all!

You guys havent been expecting this, have you? /wiggles eyebrows/

I have a feeling a lot of my readers would be a squealing mess by now! Tee hee…

What do I say? I like teasing you guys!

A sudden brash action would cure the hiccups right!? Right?

Anyway what would happen now that this kiss has happened? Lets wait and see.

Read, subscribe and upvote guys. You know how much I love those!

And please leave a comment and tell me how you felt about this update! And I will see you guys next time!

Have a lovely day!