Act 5

Hitched

 

 

Once Kyuhyun broke the news about him about to do Jung Soo’s movie, Victoria was most ecstatic. This year had started off on a good note for him. Not only had he bagged a promising movie he was gonna get married to the woman he held so dear to his heart all along. And this evening everything will be decided once and for all.

 

Victoria’s parents had decided to visit the Cho family’s house for a quiet family gathering. Kyuhyun and Victoria were just about ready to join them.

 

“Of all the nice outfits in your wardrobe, you’re wearing this?” she asked him as he emerged from their room. He was wearing a plain old tee and a pair of jeans like he was going out to buy groceries.

 

“Why? Whats wrong with this one?” he asked her. Crossing her arms, she sneered at him accusing his sense of fashion.

 

“Seriously Kyuhyun! We’re gonna be discussing our future together over a nice family dinner and here you are looking like you’ve raided Salvation Army on a 50% sale!” She accused him while he raised an eyebrow in confusion.

 

“Well excuse me for not being as fashion savvy as you.” he began.

 

“Take it off. I cant see you wearing that shirt!” she demanded.

 

“I like wearing comfy clothes Vic, I’m not about to walk the ramp.” He justified. Victoria decided that she needed to take matters into her own hands or in this case, his appalling tee that’s currently damaging her eyes.

 

“I am stripping you right here and now.” She quickly grabbed the hem of his tee pulling it all the way over his head and threw it somewhere behind her.

 

“Oohh…aggressive. Guess all that bedroom play did wonders to your temperament Ms. Song.” He slyly pulled her towards him while she gave him a hard shove.

 

“Ten minutes. I want my dapper boyfriend back.” She yelled and walked into the kitchen.

 

Kyuhyun subconsciously pulled a sullen pout and went inside to change taking his piled up tee with him. Victoria could be quite bossy sometimes and thanks to her now he had to subject himself to suffocating and sweaty torture. What was she expecting from him anyway? As he opened his wardrobe he could feel cold sweats breaking out. Should he go formal or semi-formal? How do these girls do it anyway? For a guy like him it should be easy but tonight is no ordinary night! He didn’t know the many difficulties of dressing up first hand because he has always had a team of professionals taking care of his wardrobe and make up.

 

! This is so ing tough!

 

He could have been standing in front of his wardrobe for God knew how long until Victoria’s voice sounded from downstairs.

 

Double ! I am in trouble!

 

“Kyuhyun! Are you ready yet?” she asked and he could listen to her climbing the stairs heading his way.

 

“Y..ya. Ju..just a sec.” he yelled.

 

“Open the door then.” She said and knocked a couple times.

 

“Wait..wait…I am uh…wearing my…um..my perfume right now…” He bit his tongue as he replied to her.

 

Perfume? Way to go smart !

 

“You’re so not ready aren’t you?” she asked rather calmly to which he opened the door and peeked his head out. She was wearing a gorgeous yet simple ankle length lemon yellow gown and had her hair in curls. She looked every bit the gorgeous diva who had stolen his heart the first time he had seen her. For a second, he felt ashamed to be calling himself her boyfriend, a boyfriend who couldn’t tell the difference between Chanel and Louis Vuitton.

 

“Aww….my cute little koala bear! Don’t sweat ‘coz your girlfriend is here to save you from a possible faux pas.” She cooed and barged inside. He was still in his jeans and facing away from her in embarrassment. She looped her hands around his waist, her head rested on his back.

 

“Hey. Turn around.” She said but he didn’t budge. So she circled around him standing in front of him. He looked sad, his shoulders slumped in a self declared defeat. She held his face with both hands and gently tipped his head so his eyes met hers.

 

“Baby, this isn’t the end of the world. And look, I am sorry I forced you to change. Just wear whatever you feel comfortable in ‘coz that’s all that matters right.” She said. He half smiled and looked at her through the veil of his chestnut brown bangs. Victoria had to slap herself for putting him through this because nothing should matter to her the most other than his smile.

 

“That’s alright. And besides you look gorgeous in that gown. It’d be a waste if you had to change again to match mine just because I am klutz.” He said and held her hands tight within his.

 

“Now I gladly bestow upon my fiancé the honor of dressing me up.” He declared and gave a gentlemanly kiss on her knuckles.

 

“You wouldn’t regret it, my love!” she said and began choosing his attire for the evening.

 

“Oh finally they’re here!” exclaimed Kyuhyun’s mom as soon as she saw them both walk in hand in hand. Victoria’s parents exchanged glances at their entry.

 

Given the fact that Victoria’s track record when it came to runway hits is pretty good, even the least fashionable person could blindly depend on her to dress them up. That said, Kyuhyun looked in every sense, a gentleman with the way he was dressed semi-formally enough to match Victoria’s elegance.

 

“Hey mom.” Kyuhyun greeted his mom while being enveloped in a warm hug. Its been a long time since they’ve seen each other after all. His mom then hugged her future daughter-in-law as well and ushered them towards the living room where everyone was seated.

 

“Congratulations on your successful concert Kyuhyun-ah. I heard it was a sell-out!” Victoria’s dad twittered. He was a cheery old man who resembled his daughter a lot in looks and mannerisms.

 

“Yes thank you abeo-nim!” Kyuhyun politely bowed. Victoria who was seated beside him gave him a reassuring squeeze to his arm.

 

“You look beautiful my dear! It seems some of your sense of fashion has rubbed off on my son as well!” Kyuhyun’s mom complimented Victoria.

 

“Ha ha..Umm…yes. Thanks so much eommo-nim” she sniggered subconsciously as Kyuhyun gave her a firm pat on her arm to stop what she was doing. It was best to go with the flow rather than announcing to the whole world that their darling son is a runway fashion disaster.

 

“Umm..well lets not wait any longer. Is the dinner ready mom? I am hungry!” Kyuhyun tried diverting the topic with the excuse.

 

“Ah I missed this so much!” Kyuhyun exclaimed as soon as he started tucking in.

 

“Isnt my daughter feeding you enough, son?” Victoria’s dad asked him to which Victoria whined and playfully hit him on the arm.

 

“Oh no. Nothing like that. She is a wonderful cook, abeo-nim!” he said and ate another spoonful of rice.

 

“He just misses his mom’s cooking!” Kyuhyun’s dad suggested.

 

After a hearty meal and a few leg pullings, they settled comfortably and had a friendly chit chat as two families going to be united over the marriage of their children.

 

“When shall we set the date for the engagement?” Victoria’s dad asked.

 

“How about next month?” Kyuhyun’s dad suggested.

 

Victoria side glanced at Kyuhyun and nudged his arm. It was his cue to tell them that he wouldn’t be available due to his shooting schedule for his new movie.

 

“Umm dad I have to tell you something. I have signed a new movie going to be directed by Park Jung Soo. And well I have to head to Corsica for the shoot starting this weekend.” He said.

 

Both his and Victoria’s parents congratulated him but his marriage was hanging and there was only three more days for his departure.

 

“What about after the shoot then?” his mom asked.

 

“The time limit has not yet been confirmed. Plus it will be too late by then.” Victoria interjected.

 

“Yes yes it will be too late. Don’t know if my son would last till then!” Kyuhyun’s dad mocked.

 

“Dad!” Kyuhyun’s face blushed a bright shade of red.

 

“What! Did I unintentionally let the cat out of the bag, huh son?” he mocked some more.

 

Meanwhile Victoria’s mother hush-hushed in her ear “You are using protection aren’t you?” To that, Victoria went beet-red and refused to comment on it either.

 

“Listen, can we get back to the topic for Christ’s sake!” Kyuhyun huffed in annoyance.

 

“Alright don’t get your boxers in a twist! What do you think we should do?” Kyuhyun’s dad asked Victoria’s dad.

 

“In that case, we can pre-pone it to Friday. It’s an auspicious day. What do you say Kyuhyun?” he asked. Kyuhyun and Victoria exchanged glances. It was finally happening. The sudden rush of blood due to all this excitement made them heady.

 

“I have no qualms whatsoever. As for this lovely lady here…..” Kyuhyun drawled and looked her in the eye. There was no hint of apprehension in her brown eyes. She was gonna be committed to this wonderful person for life and had been prepping herself up all this while being bound loyally to a beautiful live-in relationship. What more could she ask for? It was time.

 

“You have my answer already! There is no need to ask.” She agreed.

 

“This calls for a celebration then! Mr. Cho, I’ll be in charge of booking a nice restaurant for the event. You can start inviting all your near and dear ones. Give them the news!” Victoria’s dad jumped up in excitement.

 

“Can I…” he hesitated. It was his turn to initiate a hug but given the premise he didn’t know if it was appropriate to hug his fiancée.

 

“Oh for crying out loud. Come here you!” she said and pulled him in for the tightest hug ever. One that told them that they belong to each other now even with the engagement three days away.

 

Meanwhile Choi Siwon wasn’t that lucky when it came to love. He has dated plenty of women in the past but none remained loyal to him. Every year, the entire entertainment industry discusses his love life without missing a beat. It was a matter of great fascination how commitments were so short lived for a perfectly handsome man like him. Over the years, he had given up as well and began dedicating his entire life towards his acting career.

 

His father Kiho had even decided to set him up on a blind date with one of his colleagues’ daughters. As for how it went, well it remained an enigma to him even today as Siwon simply refused to open his mouth and forbade talking to his father for a week.

 

 Kiho was absolutely fond of his son. He doted on him more than on his daughter, Siwon’s younger sister, Jiwon.

 

As Siwon logged onto his twitter, there were tons of news feeds on Kyuhyun and Victoria’s impending engagement this Friday. It had apparently taken up the top spot on Korea’s Twitter trend list. So many wishes were pouring in from around the world that made him sick to his stomach. There was nothing more disgusting than having to share your sworn enemy’s happiness. He logged off immediately and plopped down on his bed. It was a tiring day for him.

 

Even though he had supposedly come to terms with Kyuhyun regarding working together, it was still tough to let go of the animosity altogether. He considered burying the hatchet many times in the past but Kyuhyun’s snarky mouth continued proving him wrong. It was a vicious cycle that just went on and on without an end.

 

He rolled onto his side to a more comfortable position and cursed himself as to why he was thinking of that annoying person. However it made him even more frustrated when he realized that Kyuhyun was his co-star in his new movie and his romantic interest nonetheless. Things just got interesting for him. Very interesting. He wondered what kind of a person Kyuhyun really was. He wondered if he was tender and warm under all the layers of spite and hatred. Obviously, he had to be otherwise Victoria would have ditched him a long time ago.

 

“Ahhh! Jesus Christ! I should be asleep instead of thinking about that piece of !” he ruffled his hair and switched off the night light. Though his body was able to sleep his mind kept bringing up episodes of his confrontations with Kyuhyun. All night he tossed and turned restlessly.

 

It felt as if it were only yesterday that the date had been finalized for their engagement. Friday came knocking their doors. Everyone was in quiet anticipation of this evening to unfold. Some of Kyuhyun’s close colleagues including Jung Soo were invited. Victoria’s friends and relatives were also present. The decorations were grandiose, the buffet had delicacies from around the world. One would easily mistake this for a real wedding instead of an engagement.

 

“I had been hoping for a quiet occasion but you blew my mind Mr.Song!” Kyuhyun’s dad exclaimed.

 

“It is my only daughter’s engagement after all. I am merely performing my duties as her father!” he said.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah didn’t you invite Siwon?” Jung Soo asked him quietly.

 

“I did though. Who cares! That is probably jealous ‘coz his love-life is down in the dumps.” Kyuhyun said.

 

Jung Soo could simply sigh to his retort. He had sworn the day when Siwon and Kyuhyun would exchange smiles in each others’ direction he would shave his head and become a saint.

 

After several pleasantries and introductions were exchanged, the rings were unveiled. Both were platinum rings encrusted with diamonds. Hands down, they were the star attractions of that evening. Both were pronounced engaged after they slid those rings onto each others’ fingers. It was only a matter of time before they would be pronounced ‘husband and wife’ and neither could wait for that day to finally come.

 

 


 

Oh dear god! I always have this tendency to make things more difficult for myself!

Kyuhyun and Victoria are engaged guys! I almost feel bad to have to break these two up for Wonkyu to happen!

My lord save me from this predicament.

Anyway this is the update for this week. And its exam week once again so I wont be able to update yet again till mid-March. Sorry again guys!

So kindly suggest your thoughts on this update and leave them in the comment box below!

As usual subscribe and upvote. I am absolutely floored with the kind of response this story has received so far. Many people are liking it and I hope it continues to garner such love from more people!

Thank you so much and I will see you guys next time!

Love you all and have a nice day!