Drifting The Plot

Reset

Chapter 8: Drifting The Plot


A/n: FINALLY! They are getting married in the next chapter XD but of course, there will be another conflict after they got married. There will be a lil' Yewook moment in this chapter and next chapter too, as requested. But remember, just a lil' because they haven't become a couple even in the present--turtleYe is being slow/? XD
Btw sorry for not being able to update last week when I've promised to update. My fckin phone is broken since last tuesday, it can't be charged with anything else but an ORIGINAL LG CHARGER, so I need to buy a new charger bcs mine is lost, and it took me a few days to find my long lost charger, and luckily it worked :")

Anyway, here it is, chapter 8 that took like 8 years for me to type! Hope you enjoy it!

"I'm sorry Kyu, but this is your job to drive the storyline back into its place. This is drifting too far, I can't do anything, especially when I'm invisible to everyone but you" Kangin continues.
Kyuhyun closes his eyes as he takes a deep breath. "I know" he said. "I know that I've done everything the wrong way, but how could I know that I've done something the wrong way when I don't even know what I did wrong? Minnie cheated on me just because she doesn't love me! I don't know why must put the blame on me when I'm the victim here!"
Kangin stares at him seriously. "Do you know why I gave you this chance to reset your life?" he asks. "Out of all person who suffered more than you, why must I choose you?"
Kyuhyun opens his eyes and stares at him. "So you have a reason?"
"Of course" Kangin said. "The reason is, that's right, you're the victim. But you never acted like one. You don't have any hatred towards your wife and Yesung for what they did to you. You never showed your pain and sufferings to anyone else but Ryeowook. You never any girl other than your wife just to turn the favor when in fact, you can do it anytime, knowing that you're rich and handsome, any girls would just open their legs for you, but instead, you acted in front of everyone that your marriage life is really happy. You acted like a couple who's trying really hard to have a baby when in fact, you never touched her after your honeymoon because of feeling afraid that she might doesn't like it. You fought with your bestfriends just for her, and You even fired all the maids that talks bad about your wife, even though you know, what they said is real! Yes, you cried. But you cried behind her. You don't even tell her any of your pain and sufferings. You don't tell her how you waited for her to go home at night, you don't even tell her that you know everything! But now, where's that person? He's acting like a victim now"
Tears starts forming in Kyuhyun's eyes as Kangin mentioned that. "Now that you mentioned it, I felt like I'm such a fool for doing all of those things" he said.
"Yes, you're such a fool" Kangin said. "You're such a fool for loving your wife too much, you give all your happiness to her
that there's nothing left for you anymore"
Kyuhyun sat on a bench as he stares at the ground. "Was it wrong?" he asks. He looked up and stares at Kangin. "Was it wrong to love someone that much?"
Kangin shook his head. "No, it's not wrong. Any girl in this world would want to be loved like that especially by someone like you" he said. "You don't do anything wrong. You just choose the wrong path"
Kyuhyun grunts. "So you mean the right path is not marrying her at all?" he asks. "The right path is not knowing her at all?"
Kangin sighs. "I don't know" he said. "I really don't know. All I know is that once you choose the right path, then that's when you'll wake up from your coma"
There was a moment of silent.
"But what if, you've tried this hard, but it turns out that she's not your right path?" he asks.
"Then I'll not wake up from my coma" Kyuhyun said.
"What?"
"Then I'll not wake up from my coma if that means I had to lose someone I love, my happiness" Kyuhyun said. "I'll still love her, I'll still marry her"
"And let everyone wait for you?" Kangin asks.
"No one will wait for me" Kyuhyun said. "Okay, maybe Umma, Appa, and Wookie will. But that's okay, they will be fine. Umma and Appa has Yesung hyung, while Wookie can look for another man"
Kangin stares at him unbelievably. "You're beyond fool" he said. "You're crazy. You would give up your life for her?"
"That's fine, at least I can love someone I love" Kyuhyun said.
Kangin smiles. "This is why I give you this chance" he said. "Because you know what you want. Now, go chase her, and tell her the truth"
"Her?"
"That Minnie girl. Who else?" Kangin asks.
Kyuhyun stares at him confusedly. "But I thought you don't like her for me?" he asks.
Kangin smiles. "Why would you think so?"
"Because no one likes her for me. Except for my parents" Kyuhyun said. "She's a type of drama queen that everyone hates while I'm 'everyone's friend'. Besides, you said that she's not the right path?"
Kangin laughs. "I just said, what if" he said. "But seeing the way you acted awhile ago, I think even if I said that she's not your right path, you'll still choose her, right?"
Kyuhyun smiles. "You're right" he said.
"See?" Kangin said. "Now, stop your stupid revenge plan and fix everything!"
"But what if I can't fix everything?" Kyuhyun asks.
Kangin smiles. "You can" he said. "Now, the first step is to chase her, right?"
Kyuhyun smiles. "I guess you're right, ajussi" he said before leaving.
Kangin sighs. He gets his pocket watch on his pocket and opens it.
A photo fell down as he opens it. He knealt down to get it. It was a photo of him, with a kid.
"I just hope I'm doing the best for everyone" he said. "And for you too, son"


~~~***~~~


Kyuhyun rang the doorbell of the Lee's frantically. He was about to force open the door when someone opens the door.
It was Sungmin herself. She seemed so messy.
"Min--" she slammed the door closed even before he could finish.
Kyuhyun rang the doorbell frantically--again, but no answer, so he started knocking the door crazily.
"Leave me alone!" Sungmin shouts from inside.
"No!" Kyuhyun said. "I'm not going to stop untill you open this door and talk to me!"
"Never!" Sungmin said. "I've told you! I give up! I'm tired!"
"If you're not going to open this door and talk to me, then I'm going to open it by myself" Kyuhyun said. "At the count of three"
No reaction from Sungmin.
"One..."
"Two..."
Kyuhyun sighs as he stares at the door. "Two and a half" he said. "I'm serious, Minnie, I can force open this door anytime"
"Three" the door swung open as soon as he said it.
"What do you want?" Sungmin asks. "Giving me another false hopes?"
"No, I--"
"Then what do you want? Pretending that you love me?" Sungmin asks sarcastically. "I'm fine, just go with your girlfriend, the Ms. Perfect Kim Ryeowook"
"Would you please listen to me?"
"What for?" Sungmin ask. "So that I could become weak and turn my way back to you?"
"Yes"
Sungmin's eyes widened. "What?"
"Yes, I'm here to talk to you, so that you would become weak and turn your way back to me" Kyuhyun said.
There's a moment of silent. Tears starts forming in Sungmin's eyes. "But... Why? Why are you being so cruel? Just as I was about to give up, why did you do this?"
"Because I love you"
"What?"
"Because I love you! Can't you see?" Kyuhyun ask. "This guy, the guy that Ms. Perfect Kim Ryeowook likes, he loves you.  He become weak because of you. Can't you see?"
"You don't have to do this" Sungmin said. "Don't lie. You're hurting yourself"
"But what if I'm not lying?" Kyuhyun asks. "What if I'm telling you the truth?"
"You're... Not lying?" Sungmin asks.
Kyuhyun nods. "Can you see a lie in my eyes?" he ask.
Sungmin shook her head. "But... Why did you become Wookie unnie's boyfriend?" she ask. "If you don't love her"
"I... I was confused. I thought I loved her and thought of you as my sister, because there's no way I would love you" Kyuhyun lied. He can't tell her the truth, right?. "But I was wrong. I forgot that love came in an unexpected way towards the unexpected person. I realized it when you confessed to me. But it's too late, I'm already Wookie's boyfriend. So I rejected you and tried to avoid you, but you came to me again, making me weak by each of your plans"
Sungmin stares at him. Her failed plans. It turns out it's not failed at all?. "So... All of my failed plans..."
Kyuhyun nods. "It's not failed. Your plan succeed" he said. "And today, is the last straw. When you tried to seduce me"
Sungmin blushes when Kyuhyun leans his face forward. "You can do anything to me, but just don't seduce me" he whispers to her ears, giving her some strange feelings. "Because you'll never know what I can do once I let go of my self controls"
Kyuhyun was about to kiss her when Sungmin pushed him a bit. "What about your relationship with Wookie unnie?" she ask.
Kyuhyun sighs as he stands properly. "You have to be patient about that" he said. "I'm sorry"
"So you haven't broken up with her?" Sungmin asks.
"I'm sorry. Really. I panicked when you said you want to avoid me, I'm afraid that I'll lose you forever" Kyuhyun said. "That I had forgotten about Wookie"
"So you want to make me your other woman? Seriously, Cho Kyuhyun?" Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun is not respecting her as a woman, and she hates it.
"I'm sorry" Kyuhyun said. "I promise to end this as soon as possible, but as of now, please, just be patient"
Sungmin stares at him. "But... We might hurt Wookie unnie if she finds out" she said.
"I promise, she will find out from me only, she's not going to be hurt. No one is going to be hurt" Kyuhyun said. "At least not that much"
There was a moment of silent. "Fine..." Sungmin finally said. "But end it as soon as possible"
Kyuhyun nods as he embraced her in a hug. "I promise" he said. "No one is going to be hurt with our relationship"


~~~***~~~


Ryeowook was doing her task when Kyuhyun called. She stares at the clock. It's 9 P.M.
She raises an eyebrow. 'What's going on? It's too late for him to call me' she thought before answering the call. "Yeoboseo?" she asks.
"Hello, Wookie, are you free tomorrow?" Kyuhyun asks.
"Wait a minute" Ryeowook said as she looks at her planner. "Yes, why?"
"Can we meet for awhile? At the cafe near your condo. Tomorrow at 12" Kyuhyun said.
"Why?" Ryeowook asks.
There's a moment of silent. She can hear Kyuhyun sighs. "I have something to tell you" he said. "It's important"
Ryeowook could sense that something bad is coming. "Is this related to our relationship?" she asks.
Another moment of silent. "Yes" he said after a few seconds.
'So he finally realized his feelings' Ryeowook thought. "I always knew this day was coming" she mumbles.
"What?" Kyuhyun asks when he didn't hear her clearly.
"No, nothing" Ryeowook said, sounding cheerful. "Well, see you tomorrow, I love you" she adds before she hangs up.
She stares at her cellphone's lock screen. It's a picture of her and Kyuhyun on their first date. Even though it was very obvious that Kyuhyun was faking his smile, but she likes that photo. Mainly because it was the only picture of her and Kyuhyun. She tried her best to hold her tears, but failed.
"Why did you hurt me like this?" Ryeowook asks. "Why did you give me false hopes when in the end you will still not turn towards me?"


~~~***~~~


Sungmin was currently studying for her final tests when suddenly she remembers Kyuhyun's confession this afternoon.
She covers her blushing face with her hands. "Seriously, why can't he confessed to me in a more romantic way?" she asks. She lets go of her face as she takes a deep breath, trying to control herself from screaming like a fangirl. "I can't believe that I'm already his girlfriend, I mean... After all those confessing thingies, I'm finally his girlfriend"
Sungmin stares at her bunny stuffed animals on top of her bed. She gets up and hugs it. "You hear that Mr. Bunny? All my failed plans... It turns out it's not failed at all!" she adds before squealing like a fangirl. She pouts after a while. "Seriously? Are you not happy just like me?"
There's a moment of silent. "Oh, right. You're just a doll, I forgot it" she said. She laughs softly. "Seriously, do you think I'm getting stupid and crazy because of him? I never felt this kind of feelings before, not even towards Yesung oppa, is this what called love?"
The stuffed toy just sat there, smiling. "Aish, don't tease me" she said as she hugs the bunny tightly. She was still playing with her stuffed bunny when suddenly her cellphone on top of the bedside table rings.
She gets it and looks at the caller ID.
'Yesung oppa'
Sungmin raises an eyebrow. "Why did he called?" she asks. "It's already late at night" she adds before answering. "Yeoboseo?"
"Minnie?" Yesung ask. "I've decided"
"About?" Sungmin asks confusedly.
"About us. About letting you go" Yesung said. "I... Look, can we talk about this properly tomorrow?"
Sungmin was about to say no when she remembers Kyuhyun's words.
'No one is going to be hurt with our relationship'
Maybe Ryeowook won't be hurt, but she knew Yesung would be hurt if she didn't have a proper farewell with him. "Where?" she finally asked.
"I'll just fetch you tomorrow at 12, is that okay?" Yesung said.
"But, I can--"
"It's okay I'm not going to do anything" Yesung said. "I'm just going to say something"
"Fine. I'll wait for you tomorrow"
"Good" Yesung said. "Good night" he adds before he hangs up.
Sungmin stares at her phone. She sighs. "This is weird. I'm having a relationship with two guys with a really different charm and personality in a really close time" she said. "And worst, they are families" she adds.
She hugs her stuffed toy tightly. "The mature and romantic Yesung and the childish and not romantic Kyuhyun" she said. "One doesn't want to let me go and the other one wants to let me go but failed. They are really different"
She stares at the ceiling. "I just hope nothing goes wrong" she adds before closing her eyes.


~~~***~~~


Ryeowook was staring at the window near her seat when Kyuhyun come.
"I'm sorry, am I late?" he asks. "I'm the one who made an appointment, I'm supposed to be the one who came earlier, but I'm late"
Ryeowook turns towards him as she faked a smile. "That's okay, besides, I came here a little bit to early" she lied. The truth is she came here two hours earlier because she wants to think of what to do if Kyuhyun really wants to break up with her. She really doesn't want to let him go even though she knows that everything were just fake for him. "You can take a seat" she adds when she notices him just stood there awkwardly.
Kyuhyun take a seat in front of her. "Are you okay?" he asks worriedly. "You seemed like you're not fine"
Kyuhyun was right. She doesn't semeed fine. Her eyes were puffy because of crying and lack of sleep. She tried to cover it with make up, but of course, anyone who take a closer look on her will notice. And unlike her usual style, she's only wearing an oversized purple tshirt and jeans with a pair of white sneakers, and her hair is tied into a messy ponytail, anyone who knows Kim Ryeowook's usual style will know that she's not fine just by seeing her dressed in nowhere near feminine and girly like this.
Ryeowook laughs softly--which was fake, of course. "This? I stayed up untill 3 a.m. to do my task, that's why my eyes were puffy" she said. "And about the way I dress up, well, I just want to try something different. Why? Am I not good in it?"
Kyuhyun shook his head. "No, it's just that... It's... Different" he said awkwardly.
"Why are we becoming so awkward like this?" Ryeowook asks. "We're a couple, right?" she adds on purpose, just to see Kyuhyun's reaction.
Kyuhyun just smiles awkwardly upon hearing the word 'couple'. He's hurting her, he knows it. But if he kept it any longer, it'll just hurt her more. "Wookie, about what I want to talk about..." he stops for a while.
"I know, you said it's about our relationship, right?" Ryeowook asks, pretending to be fine even though deep inside she really wants to stop Kyuhyun from saying it.
Kyuhyun nods. "It's been almost 2 months since we become a couple" he said. "And I've realized my feelings, my real feelings"
He stops as he stares at Ryeowook, observing her reaction. She's just staring at him blankly.
He sighs. Why does this felt so hard to say?. "I think we can't continue this--"
He stops talking when Ryeowook stands up.
"Why?" he asks.

Ryeowook facepalmed. "I forgot that I need to buy stuffs for my task" she said. "The due date for the task is tomorrow! Will you accompany me buy it?"

Kyuhyun stares at her confusedly. She never forgot anything before, why must she forgot it now?. But he smiles towards her. "Okay, let's go" he said.
'This will be the last' he thought.
Ryeowook flashes an apologetic smile. "Thank you" she said. "And sorry, I just remember it"
Kyuhyun laughs softly as he hold her hand. "That's okay, and let's have a date if we have some spare time" he said. 'One last date' he adds in mind.
Ryeowook just smiles at him. Actually she was lying. Her task due date isn't tomorrow, but next week.
'I'm sorry for holding your happines, but I just want to be selfish' she thought. 'I'm not going to let go of you that easy'


~~~***~~~


"So what do you want to talk about?" Sungmin asks when she and Yesung arrived in a cafe.
It's been 30 minutes since they arrived in this cafe and Yesung still haven't said anything.
Yesung laughs softly. "I'm sorry, are you bored of waiting?" he asks.
Sungmin rolls her eyes. "Too bored that I'm going to die of it" she said. "Just tell me what are you going to say"
"Okay, sorry for making you wait, it's just that... Saying this isn't as easy as what it seems" Yesung said. "I want us to have a proper farewell"
"A proper farewell?" Sungmin asks.
"Yeah, a proper farewell, I've accepted our broke up, and let's be friends" Yesung said. "Agree?"
Sungmin laughs. "How could we think of the exact same thing?" she asks. "I was about to ask for that first if you don't ask me"
Yesung smiles at her. "That's great then" he said.
Sungmin sighs. "Now I feel relieved" she said. "You know what? It felt awkward how our relationship completely changed after that day. I don't love you anymore, but I don't want our relationship to suddenly become awkward like this"
Yesung nods. "I understand" he said. "But before I completely let go of you, I have one request"
"What is it?" Sungmin asks.
"Let's have a one last date" Yesung said. "Come to think of it, we never have a date at all"
Sungmin didn't say anything. What if Kyuhyun sees them?. He might think about it the wrong way. "I don't think I can" she said.
"Why?" Yesung asks. "Just take this as a friendly date"
"I know but..." Sungmin said. "I have a boyfriend"
Yesung raises an eyebrow. "As far as I know you liked Kyu?" he asks.
"That's it" Sungmin said. "He's my boyfriend"
Well, it's not like Yesung would do something bad, right? He's his brother.
"What?" Yesung asks shockedly. He felt hurt, but he hide it well. "But... But he haven't broke up with Wookie!"
"I know" Sungmin said. "He said he would end it as soon as possible"
"But she will be hurt?" Yesung asks. "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to let you go if it's hurting someone. I know her, she's a good girl, she doesn't deserve to be hurt like this. Not even a tiny bit"
Sungmin sighs. "Oppa, please understand" she said. "I also thought the same as you, but he said that Wookie unnie will find out from him only and she won't be hurt that much"
Yesung sighs. "Sometimes I just don't understand the way he thinks" he said before he stands up. He smiles at her. "Well, I'll just talk to him about this later, as of now, let's go!"
"But what if he sees us?" Sungmin asks.
Yesung rolls his eyes. "It was like 10 chances out of 1.000.000 opportunities. Besides, he left his car at home, so I'm sure he's not leaving far from the house" he said. "And even if he sees us, I'll explain"
"Including what happened the day we broke up?" Sungmin asks. "You have to tell him. He has the right to know"
There was a moment of silent. Yesung sighs. "I'll tell him when I'm ready" he said. "Now do you want to go, or not? It's just a friendly date, remember?"
Sungmin nods. "Okay, let's go" she said as she follows him.


~~~***~~~


"Oh?" Ryeowook said when she's walking with Kyuhyun at a bookstore. "Wasn't that Yesung oppa? What is he doing here?"
"Where?" Kyuhyun asks.
"There he is" Ryeowook said as she pointed towards Yesung who is reading a book about law.
Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow. "What is he doing here?" he asks.
Ryeowook shrugs her shoulder. "I don't know, why don't we ask him?" she ask as she drags Kyuhyun with her.
"Wait, Wookie, maybe he's busy? We don't know, right?" Kyuhyun asks, because as of now, he really wants to avoid Yesung, so he's not going to remember him and all his lies.
Ryeowook rolls her eyes. "Who is busy on weekends?" she asks as she drags him.
They were only a few steps away from him when they can heard Yesung talk towards someone behind the bookshelves. "Seriously, Lee Sungmin? This is a 'one last date' and you want to spend it at a bookstore? How boring" he said as he sighs and closed the book.
Sungmin walk out from the bookshelves. She pouts. "I just want to look for a book, they said it's already published, but it's not yet here" she said.
Yesung sighs. "You and your weird books" he said before turning away. His eyes widened when he sees Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. "Kyu? Wookie? What are you guys doing here?" he asks.
Sungmin turns away too only to find Kyuhyun glaring at her. Her eyes widened. "What the hell are you doing here?" she asks.
Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow. "Shouldn't I be the one who asked that?" he ask. "Ms. Lee Sungmin?"
Sungmin was about to lie when she saw Ryeowook beside him. 'What a liar, he said he would end everything as soon as possible?' she thought. "Me? As you could see, I'm having a date with Yesung oppa" she said which makes everyone including Yesung stares at her in shock.
"What? You? A date with Yesung oppa?" Ryeowook asks. "Wow. Since when did you guys become a couple?"
"No, it's not that kind of date, I swear" Yesung said. "We were just--"
"Why did you seemed so panicked?" Ryeowook asks as she notices Yesung's reaction.
"Panicked? Who? Me? Of course, no!" Yesung said as he faked a laugh. "I was just shocked to see Kyu here, well, you see, he left his car at home, so I guess he's not going that far"
"This isn't far from your house. Only 10 minutes by bus" Ryeowook said.
That's when Yesung cursed in his mind. How could he forgot that?.
Ryeowook was about to ask if he's okay when she noticed Kyuhyun and Sungmin is glaring at each other. And combined with Yesung's panicked reaction, it's really clear what's going on here.
Ryeowook flashes a smile. "I have an idea! Let's go on a double date!" she said.
Yesung was about to reject when he notices the glare-exchanging-war between Sungmin and Kyuhyun. "I'm in, let's go" he said which earned a questioning.i glare from Sungmin.
"Great!" Ryeowook said. "Let's have a lunch first. Han river park would be great, what do you think?"
Yesung smiles. "That's great" he said. He turn towards Kyuhyun. "Since you didn't bring your car with you, let's just go with mine. I'll drive" he adds which change Sungmin's questioning glare into a 'how-dare-you' glare.
"Okay!" Ryeowook said. "We'll just pay for this first" she adds before she drags Kyuhyun with her.
" him" Sungmin said. "He's such a liar"
Yesung rolls his eyes. "Maybe he's just trying to end it now?" he asks. "He's not that kind of man, I know him" he adds even though it hurts for him to compliment another man in front of the girl he loves.
"By having a date with another girl who is currently his girlfriend?" Sungmin ask. "Super smart"
"Maybe they are just having a one last date?" Yesung asks. "Just like us" he adds bitterly.
Sungmin sighs. "Whatever is that, I hate him" she adds before leaving.


~~~***~~~


Kyuhyun and Sungmin were still on their war-exchanging-glares when they arrived at Han river park.
Yesung coughs to catch their attention. "I'm going to buy some coffee, what do you want?" he asks.
"You know what I usually order at a coffee shop" Kyuhyun and Sungmin said in unison, still glaring at each other.
Yesung sighs. 'Do they think that I'm their assistant or what?' he thought. "Okay" he said. "Wookie, let's go"
Ryeowook raises an eyebrow. "Me? Why me?" she ask.
"I may need some help later" Yesung said.
Ryeowook was about to ask any further when she notices Yesung's serious glare. "Okay, let's go" she said as she gets up.


~~~***~~~


"So, how's your relationship with Kyuhyun?" Yesung asks when they are on their way to the coffee shop.
"Me? Oh... Well, we're fine" Ryeowook said. "Nothing's wrong"
"You don't seemed like you're fine" Yesung said.
"I was just tired" Ryeowook said. "But we're fine. Everything's great. I love him" 'even though he never love me back' she adds in mind.
"Even though he's currently cheating with Minnie behind you?" Yesung asks carefully. He needs to tell her. Isn't this why he talked with her?.
"I know" Ryeowook said. "He tried to break up with me earlier, but I pretended that I have someting urgent to do. I don't want to let go of him that easy"
"Why?"
Ryeowook stares at him sadly. "Because I love him" she said. "A simple feeling that includes greed" she adds as tears start forming in her eyes.
Yesung nods. He understands Ryeowook's feelings because that's what he felt. "But he's not going to be happy" he said, mainly to himself.
"I know" Ryeowook said. "But what can I do? I love him. Oppa, you just don't understand"
"I understand" Yesung said. "I felt that too. I love Minnie, but I need to let her go for her own good"
"So you guys are having a one last date?" Ryeowook asks.
Yesung laughs softly. "Pretty much a friendly date" he said. "We've never been really together" he adds which isn't a lie. They are together, but they just don't seem as romantic as other couples because it always seemed like he loves her, but she never felt the same way.
"How could you become so mature?" Ryeowook asks. "How could you let her go?"
"Well... I would be happy just by seeing her happy. And her happiness isn't with me. So the best way is just letting her go" Yesung said. "You should try too, Wookie. You'll feel relieved despite of a great pain"
Tears starts falling from Ryeowook's eyes. "It's not as easy as what you said" she said. "If he isn't going to love me, then why did he gave me false hopes as if he's going to love me? Why did he hurt me like this when all I do is to love him?"
Yesung sighs as he embraced her in a hug, lending her a chest to cry on. "Cry as much as you want" he said. "You're free to let it go" he adds which makes her cry even more.
There's a moment of silent as he tried to comfort her by hugging her tightly. He flashes a smile as he felt something when they hugged.
Something comfortable.
Something he never felt before towards her.
Ryeowook lets go of him after a few minutes. "Thanks" she said weakly.
Yesung smiles at her. "That's okay" he said. "Do you feel better?"
Ryeowook nods. "And I think I'm going to let him go" she said. "Just like what you said, if he's happy, I would be happy too"
"That's great" Yesung said. "Good luck"
Ryeowook smiles at him. "But I'm not sure if I'm going to succeed in letting him go" she said. "If ever I failed, will you be there for me? Helping me like this?"
Yesung can felt his heart beating fastly as he heard her words. He nods. "I will" he said. "You just need to call me"
Ryeowook laughs softly. "I'll remember that" she said.
"Now, shall we go to that coffee shop before they got suspicious on us?" Yesung asks.
Ryeowook nods as she holds his hand. "But I'm going to give Minnie some lesson" she said. "So that she'll not think that she can get everything easily"
Yesung raises an eyebrow. "What lesson?"
Ryeowook giggles. "Secret"
Yesung laughs. "You're so weird"
He stops laughing when Ryeowook glares at him. He made a 'v' sign using his fingers. "But lovable" he adds which makes Ryeowook pouts at him.
"Whatever" she said as she lets go of him and left him behind.


~~~***~~~


"So why are you having a date with Yesung hyung?" Kyuhyun asks after Yesung and Ryeowook had left.
Sungmin frowns. "And you? Why are you here with Wookie unnie?" she asks. "Especially when you said that you would end it 'as soon as possible' with no one being hurt?"
"I'm doing that!" Kyuhyun said. "I was just having a one last date with her before breaking up with her"
Sungmin raises an eyebrow. "Isn't creating a memory with her will just hurt her more?" she asks.
"I don't think so" Kyuhyun said. "And you, why are you having a date with Yesung hyung?"
Sungmin rolls her eyes. "It was just a friendly date" she said. "You can ask him if you can't believe me"
Kyuhyun frowns. "The problem is I can't believe both of you" he said.
"What?" Sungmin asks. "Wow, this is such a great news. You don't trust your beloved hyung? and your girlfriend?"
Kyuhyun sighs. How could he so carelessly almost open up about the present?. In the present he can think and act way more mature than this. "Look, why are we debating about this?" he asks. "When we know we have something to take care of"
Sungmin rolls her eyes at him. "You're the one who started it" she said.
"That's because you're lying to me"
"What? I'm not lying!"
"Then why are you here with him?"
"I've told you, it's a one last date!" Sungmin said frustratedly.
"You're lying" Kyuhyun said. "If that's the truth, why are you saying the exact same excuses as me?"
"Because that's really what happened!" Sungmin said. "It's just a friendly date!"
"I can't trust you" Kyuhyun said. "Nothing will goes wrong if you just say the truth"
"But I'm saying it!" Sungmin said. "Why can't you trust me?"
Kyuhyun sighs. "Because your 'truth' isn"t the truth!" he said. "Tell me, why would you have a one last date with Yesung hyung? Are you a couple?" he asks, in hopes Sungmin will tell him the truth, so that he will know that he's not repeating the same mistake.
"Well... He confessed to me before, when you were still in the hospital" Sungmin lied. "And he said that he's not going to give up, but he just let me go today" she adds. She's nervous. He can tell it.
Kyuhyun flashes a smirk. "You're such a great actress, Lee Sungmin" he said. "I should've known that choosing you is a mistake"
He's jealous and hurt. And he supposed to be used to it because that's what he felt for almost a year.
But still, feeling it again even in your second life made you felt like a failure.
Tears starts forming in Sungmin's eyes. "A mistake?" she asks weakly. "Am I really that untrustworthy?"
Kyuhyun was about to say something when Yesung and Ryeowook come.
"Coffee's here!" Ryeowook said, sounded so cheerful even though she realizes Sungmin's puffy eyes.
Yesung smiles at both of them. "We didn't miss something, right?" he asks.
"Oh, well... Yeah, of course" Sungmin said. Her voice is trembling.
"Okay, then, let's start our lunch!" Ryeowook said all cheerful--again, even though deep inside she's trying to hide the pain she left.
Sungmin sighs. "I need to go to the restroom" she said as she stands up and left.
There was an awkward moment between them. Yesung coughs to break the ice. "Oh? Look, Minnie left her phone here" he said. "I'll just give this to her, you guys wait here" he adds as he picked up Sungmin's phone and stands up. He pats Ryeowook's shoulder before leaving, gesturing her that she can.
There was still a moment of silent even after Yesung left.
Ryeowook coughs. "Oppa?" she called to catch kyuhyun's attention.
Kyuhyun turns towards her. "Why?"
"Are you okay?" Ryeowook asks. "You seemed like you're spacing out"
Kyuhyun didn't say anything.
"Did you fight with Minnie awhile ago?" she asks.
Kyuhyun's eyes widened. "How could you know?" he asks.
"I've been crushing on you for years. How come I don't know?" Ryeowook asks. She flashes an obviously faked smile. "You've been trying to break up with me, right?"
"What?" Kyuhyun asks. "How... How could you know?"
"I know it since yesterday" Ryeowook said. "I know you never loved me. I never know the reason why you decided to love me even though it's very clear that you love Minnie, but one thing is for sure, when she started to like you, you're getting weak. So when you called me last night to talk about our relationship, I knew you were up to this. And I was right. So I stopped it even before you could finish"
"So you don't have any task due date tomorrow?" Kyuhyun asks.
Ryeowook laughs softly. "No, it's next week" she said. "I was being selfish. Sorry"
Kyuhyun can notice that she's hurt. "I-- I'm really sorry" he said.
"That's fine. You did nothing wrong" Ryeowook said. "I was the one who become selfish"
"But..."
Ryeowook puts a finger on his lips to stop him from talking. "No buts" she said. "I set you free. You're fine to start a new relationship with her"
Kyuhyun holds her hand. "You're a good girl. You don't deserve to be hurt like this" he said. "This is all my fault"
Ryeowook shook her head. "Love makes us selfish" she said. "So it's none of our faults"
Kyuhyun hugs her tight. "Thank you" he said. "And sorry. You deserve so much better than me"
Ryeowook hugs him back as she tries to control her tears. "That's fine" she said.
'Love doesn't mean I have to have him for me' she thought sadly.


~~~***~~


"I'm going home by myself" Sungmin said. "I'll wait at the bus stop, I'll call my driver to fetch me"
Yesung raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure? You came here with me, so you should've left with me too" he said.
"No, that's fine" Sungmin said. "Besides, it's almost dark, so I think you need to go home with your stepbrother"
"I'm going home by myself too" Ryeowook said. "There's something I need to buy before I go home"
Yesung stares at her. "Well... Fine" he said.
"I'll wait at the bus stop with Minnie" Ryeowook adds. She stsres at Sungmin who is still quiet before she tiptoed a bit and kissed Kyuhyun's lips which makes everyone stares at her in shock.
She lets go of him after a while. "See you later" she said before turning towards Sungmin who already turn her back and walks away.
"Minnie, wait!" she said all innocent-like as she follows Sungmin.
Yesung laughs. "She's so weird" he said. 'So that's what she meant by lesson' he thought.
He notices Kyuhyun keeps on being quiet. He sighs. "Kyu, can we talk for a while?" he asks.
"What for?" Kyuhyun asks.
"I notice that you avoid me these days" Yesung said.
"I don't"
"Really?" Yesung asks. "You used to tell me everything"
"I did" Kyuhyun lied.
"You don't tell me about your relationship with Minnie" Yesung said.
"So you know?" Kyuhyun asks. 'What's the point of telling you everything when you don't tell me anything?'
"Everything you see today, it's just a misunderstanding, we're just having a friendly date, not more, not less" Yesung said.
"Friendly date?" Kyuhyun repeated sarcastically. "Why?"
Yesung sighs. "I'm letting her go"
"Why are you letting her go?" Kyuhyun asks. "As far as I know you never has any relationship with her"
There was a moment of silent. "I'm going to tell you something" Yesung said. "Just... Make sure you stay calm after you heard this"
"I will" Kyuhyun said. 'I've got more than enough shocks'.
"I'm Minnie's ex, the one who made you in that accident" Yesung said. "I lied to you. I hide it because I was afraid that you might be mad at me and left me. I'm afraid that I would lose my family again"
Kyuhyun smiles as he felt relieved. "Finally you admitted it" he said. "I was afraid that you would hide it forever" 'just like before'.
"So you know?" Yesung asks.
Kyuhyun nods. "You should've been more careful when having your secret conversation with Minnie" he said. "I knew it even before I recover"
"And you don't hate me for that?"
"I hate you for lying to me"
Yesung sighs in relieve as he hugs him. "Thank you" he said. "I thought you would hate me"
"I wouldn't" Kyuhyun said. "Now let me go, people might think that we're gay"
Yesung laughs as he lets go of him. "Now I felt a little easier" he said.
"Just a little?"
"I haven't tell Umma and Appa" Yesung said. "It's a big accident and you're their baby. They would hate me"
"I'm their baby and you're their big boy. They won't hate you if you will just say the truth" Kyuhyun said.
Yesung shrugs his shoulder. "I don't think I'm ready for that" he said. "I'm sorry, please don't tell them. I'm going to tell them, later, when I'm ready"
"I'm not a tattletale" Kyuhyun said.
Yesung smiles. "Minnie seemed like she's mad at you awhile ago" he said. "Why don't you go and talk to her? I'm sure her driver haven't fetch her yet"
Kyuhyun didn't say anything.
"I let her go for you, and Wookie already let you go for her, so what are you waiting for?"
"Wait, how could you know that Wookie already lets me go?" Kyuhyun asks suspiciously. "As far as I know, that's a private conversation"
"I'm the one who talked to her" Yesung said. "And she seemed like she accepted it"
"Why would you do that for me?"
"Because that's what brothers are for" Yesung said. "Besides, just take it as a sorry from me"
There was a moment of silent.
"Minnie" Kyuhyun said all of a sudden. "Do you still love her?"
Yesung sighs. "I'm sorry, but yes" he said. "But no worries, I'll never disturb you. I've decided that I'm going to let her go and move on"
"Thank you" Kyuhyun said. "We're not even blood related, but you sacrificed so much for me"
Yesung smiles despite of feeling hurt. "That's what families are for, right?" he asks. "Now, go chase her! I'll wait here"
Kyuhyun smiles at him. "Thanks hyung" he said. "If you have any problems, just tell me, I'll help you"
Yesung laughs. "You're a baby, how could you help me?"
"I'll try my best" Kyuhyun said. "Don't feel awkward towards me, we're brothers" he adds before leaving.
Yesung sighs. He felt hurt, but he also felt relieved that he doesn't have to lose his family for the second time. He forces himself to smile. "This is even better than staying with her but hide a lie forever" he tried to cheer himself.


~~~***~~~


Yesung was right, Sungmin was still there, alone.
Kyuhyun walks towards her. "You said that your driver will fetch you?" he asks.
Sungmin looked up. She was crying. "I thought you already went home?" she asks, trying to sound fine.
"Yesung hyung explained everything to me" Kyuhyun said.
"You believed him" Sungmin said. "But not me"
"Because you lied to me" Kyuhyun said.
"I'm not--"
"Why don't you tell me the real reason why you and Yesung have a one last date?" Kyuhyun asks.
"Yesung oppa told you?"
Kyuhyun nods. "But I know it even before he told me" he said. "You guys should've been more careful with your private conversations"
Sungmin looked down. "I'm sorry... I thought you were supposed to hear ir from him" she said. "So I helped him keep it a secret"
Kyuhyun nods. "Well, I didn't blame you for that" he said. "But I blame you for one thing"
"What's that?"
"You made me jealous" Kyuhyun said.
Sungmin turns towards him, blushing. "Y-you also made me jealous!" she said. "Even you haven't broken up with Wookie unnie, right? Seeing how she kissed you. Not that I care about that"
Kyuhyun laughs. "You seemed like you care" he said.
Sungmin sighs. "If you don't want to break up with her, that's fine" she said. "I'll be the one who let you go. You can't keeps on hurting people like this"
"I'm not" Kyuhyun said. "I already break up with her"
"But she kissed you..."
"That's Wookie, maybe she just wants to tease you" Kyuhyun said.
"So you break up with her?" Sungmin ask. "For me?"
Kyuhyun nods. "I break up with Ms. Perfect Kim Ryeowook for Ms. Childish drama queen Lee Sungmin"
Sungmin smiles as she hugs him tight. "That was sweet" she said.
There was a moment of silent before Sungmin lets go of him and stands up.
"Why?" Kyuhyun asks. He was shock when Sungmin kneeled in front of him. "What are you doing?" he asks when he felt people around them are staring at them curiously.
"Cho Kyuhyun, will you marry me?" Sungmin asks which makes everyone stares at her in shock. "Spending the rest of your life with me? Will you?"
"What?" Kyuhyun asks, still shocked with the current situation.
He can see that even Kangin is staring at them in shock. "I can't believe that she' going to propose you" he said.
"Minnie, are you proposing me?" Kyuhyun asks. "I mean... You're a girl"
"I know I may sounded easy because I proposed you first, but I don't care" Sungmin said. "I got jealous as hell whenever you're with another girl and I can't erase you from my mind even if I tried. It can't be anyone else. It has to be you. Will you marry me?"
"Minnie, stand up" Kyuhyun said.
"Yes or no?"
"I said stand up" Kyuhyun repeated which made her stand up. Everyone stares at him disappointedly.
"Was that a no?" Sungmin asks sadly. "Please think twice. I do this only for you"
Kyuhyun laughs. "I won't think twice" he said. Sungmin looks down "I do" he adds which makes Sungmin looked up and everyone cheers happily at them.
He stands up and kissed her lips. "Lee Sungmin, you're hurting my ego" he said. "I'm the man, I'm supposed to be the one who proposed you"
Sungmin smiles. "I don't care" she said. "As long as I have you"
"That's sweet" Kyuhyun said. "I love you, wife"
"I love you too, husband" Sungmin said as she hugs him tight.
Everything seemed to be going on the righ path, right?.

To be continued....

This chapter talks about 2 kinds of love, love towards family, and love towards someone special to you--feeling happy that I finally could write KyuSung bromance again after years/? XD

Comments are always highly appreciated<3