The Reset Button

Reset

A/n: so~ since I’ve been sooooo addicted to episode these days XD the first few lines of this story is inspired by one of the stories on that game. It’s called “rebounding: redemption” by Peiyang. With changes, of course. I won’t copy someone else’s work 100%. I’ve even asked her permission for this. If you guys are playing episode too, you should really read this story bcs I’m sure you’ll love it! It’s just like Reset, with the time turning, and regret about past thingy, only a better version! XD you can even create your own characters, which I really love! Okay, that’s it my ramblings XD

Check this out!


Reset (chapter 19): The Reset Button


We all have something we deeply regret.

Maybe something we didn’t do, something we didn’t know fast enough.

Maybe a dream we didn’t pursue.

Or maybe someone who we didn’t hold on to.

But we all can’t help but to wonder.

“What will happen if I didn’t do that back then?” Leeteuk asks as she stares through the window.

Today is the day that she’s supposed to meet with Yesung, and she’s feeling really nervous?.

What if he hates her? She never came to pick him up like she promised.

It’s raining outside today, as if the night skies were crying, and said ‘yes, he hates you’ to her as an answer.

“If you didn’t do what?” Jongjin asks as he sat beside her.

“Oh, Jinnie” Leeteuk said. “You’re here”

“Of course” Jongjin said. “Told you, I wouldn’t miss a chance to see him no matter how busy I am”

“You must miss him a lot” Leeteuk said.

She was being rhetorical.

However, she’s the one who separated both of them because of a very selfish reason. What will happen if he finds out?.

Jongjin sighs. “Umma, are you worrying about it again?”

“About what?”

“About what will happen if I know the reason you left him at that orphanage”Jongjin said. “I know. I already know. And I never think that it’s selfish. You did the best”

“What?” Leeteuk asks as she stares at him. “But how did you know?”

“Well… when you decided to ask for my help to look for him, I can’t help but ask the owner of that orphanage first” Jongjin said. “She told me everything. And I understand. I mean, I’m sure he will understand. I’m sure he wouldn’t want you to sleep with that jerk Moon Junwon either”

“But—“

“No more buts” Jongjin said. “Besides I believe it when people said mother knows best”

Leeteuk laughs upon hearing him.

“Finally, my mom is going back to normal” Jongjin said.

Leeteuk was about to say something when the sound of approaching footsteps disturbed her. She turned to look at who it was.

She can’t believe her own eyes.

Yesung. Her son is there. Right in front of her eyes. Looking more alive than ever.

Yesung is the first one to break the silence. He clears his throat. “Mrs. Park Leeteuk and Mr. Kim Jongjin?” He asks.

Actually he didn’t have to ask. He remembers Leeteuk’s face clearly. She never changed a bit.

“Hyung, why do you have to be so formal towards us?” Jongjin asks. “I mean, we’re your family”

Yesung smiles bitterly. “Does a family left someone behind for years?” He asks.

There’s a moment of silent. Leeteuk sighs. “Yesung-ie” she said. “This isn’t a proper way to start a conversation. Sit down”

Yesung was about to say something when Tae Hee tugged his shirt. “Papa, what’s going on?”

He realized, it’s not good to have this kind of conversation in front of his daughter. He fakes a smile. “Nothing, honey” he said. “Just sit down, okay? Your grandma asked for it”

Tae Hee nods as she sat herself down on a chair beside him.

Leeteuk smiles upon seeing their interaction. No matter how hard the situation is for him, he acted like he’s fine in front of his daughter. “You must be Yesung-ie’s daughter, right?”

Tae Hee looked up. “How did you know? I never met you”

Leeteuk laughs softly as she pinches her cheek gently. “I’ve heard about you from your grandma Chullie” she said. “What’s your name?”

Tae Hee smiles at her. “My name is Tae Hee”

“Tae Hee? That sounds as pretty as you” Leeteuk said. “And my name is Leeteuk, you can call me grandma Teukie” she said, she turns towards Jongjin. “And this is your uncle Jinnie”

Tae Hee looks at him. “You looks just like Papa!” She said. “Are you twins?”

“Wow. That’s the first time I heard that” Jongjin said jokingly. “Anyway, nice to meet you, Tae Hee”

“Anyway” Yesung said coldly. “What is it that you wanted to talk about?”

“Hyung!”

Leeteuk sighs—again. She knew very well this would happen. She knew Yesung wouldn’t accept her so soon. “Jinnie, do you mind playing with Tae Hee for a while?”

“What?”

“Please. Bring Tae Hee outside with you” Leeteuk said. She turns towards her. “You want to play with uncle Jinnie, right?”

Tae Hee nods. “Can I? I don’t really like adults’ conversation”

Leeteuk laughs. She turns towards Jongjin. “What are you waiting for?”

“But—“

“No buts” Leeteuk said.

Jongjin sighs. “Fine” he said. He turns towards Yesung. “Hyung, don’t be too rude to her, because I wouldn’t even care if you’re my brother once you did”

“On the other side” Yesung said. “Take care of my daughter. Because I really don’t care who you are if something happened to her”

There’s a moment of silent. Jongjin smiles. “I don’t really remember times with you, but at least you’re still the Yesung hyung that I remembered. The one that would protect everyone he loves, just like a hero” he said. He holds Tae Hee’s hand. “Let’s go!” He said as he left with her.

While Yesung just looked down upon hearing what he said. A hero? Protected everyone he loves?. That was all lies. He’s no longer a hero. Years passed, he’s zero now.

“Yesung-ie—“

Yesung looked up. “Don’t misunderstand this, I only wanted to see you because of Tae Hee” he said. “And because my mom forced me to go”

Leeteuk smiles. “Seems like Chullie is really treating you well” she said. “I’m relieved”

“What do you want, actually?” Yesung asks. “First, you dumped me like I was nothing. Like you never wanted me. You promised to fetch me, but you never came!. And now, that I almost forget about you, you try meeting me again and act all nice. What do you want actually?”

Tears starts forming in Leeteuk’s eyes upon hearing him. She predicted this. She knew this would happen.

But when it actually happens, why does it hurts so much even though she actually knows that it would happen?.

“Yesung-ie…” she said, trying her best not to cry. “You know I just wanted to see you. I missed you”

“Liar” Yesung said. “If you missed me, why only look for me now?”

Leeteuk ignores him. She smiles. “You looks just like your father when he’s your age”

Yesung laughs bitterly. “Yeah, and you never had the chance to see me growing up” he said. “Because you’re too busy with your own world. Because you never care”

Leeteuk sighs. “Look, Yesung, aren’t you being too rude now?” She asks. Tears starts falling from her eyes. She can’t control it anymore. “I just wanted to see you. As your mother. Is it so wrong?”

“Well, it’s not wrong” Yesung said. “If only you never acted like I was unwanted”

Leeteuk wipes her tears. She smiles bitterly. “Looks like I need to explain to you, right?”

“Explain about what? Lame reasons why you need to throw me away?”

“Fine” Leeteuk said, ignoring him—again. “Since you’re old enough to understand, I’ll tell you” she adds. “You still remember I used to work at a nightclub, right?”

“That was your last workplace before you left me”

“Yes. Remember Mr. Moon Jun Won?”

“He was your boss”

“Yes” Leeteuk said. She takes a deep breath. “That night, he asked me to sleep with him”

“What?”

“He asked me to sleep with him” Leeteuk said. “Or I must make you work for him when you’re old enough. I really don’t want you to work at that kind of place. I want you to have a bright future, but you know, I also doesn’t want to sleep with him”

“But why—“ Yesung said. He was lost for words. How come he just find out about this now?. “Why don’t you tell me? I could protect you”

“Yesung, you’re still so young. I don’t want to be a burden to you” Leeteuk said. She wipes her tears. “Besides, your father told me to never let you go to the wrong path”

He did anyway. No matter how hard Leeteuk tried to keep him away, he did go to the wrong path. Tears starts forming in his eyes as he felt even more like a failure than before.

If only he knew, if only he was able to protect her.

“I choose to left you with Mrs. Hong, whom I known from a café where I worked part time” Leeteuk said. “And I left that job. My salary was only enough for two people’s living, and the one Jun Won wanted was you. I don’t know what that man capable of if you stayed with us. I was filled with my own worries. What if he kidnap you?” She asks. She sighs. “So that’s it. I left you. I wanted you to live a happy life, as much as I wanted you to stay with us”

“But why?” Yesung asks. He stares right into her eyes. “Why did you promised to fetch me? Why did you never come?”

“I came, Yesung-ie” Leeteuk said. “But I was too late. You’re already adopted”

“Then why did you come so late?” Yesung asks. Tears starts falling without him realizing it. “Do you know how much I waited for you everyday? Do you know how much the other kids teased me because I always said ‘my mother will come’?”

“Yesung-ie, I’m so sorry” Leeteuk said. “2 years after I left you, I got a job at a boutique. And that’s when I met your stepmother” she said. “She’s such a nice lady. She treated me as her best friend, not as a staff of a boutique. She even suggested me to create my own fashion line, and offered to be investor” she adds. “So I did. Thinking that, maybe, this way, I can fetch you soon. But years passed. Little did I know that Chullie already adopted you”

“She never talked about me?”

“She did. In fact, I also talked about you to her. But I never noticed that it was you, because she never said that one of her sons was adopted” Leeteuk said. “Besides, I only know Kyuhyun since Chullie usually brought him with her everywhere she goes when he was a kid”

Yesung sighs. “I can’t believe this” he said. “I mean… why don’t you tell me?”

“I just  want you to live a normal life, honey” Leeteuk said. “It’s fine if you hate me, I understand—“

“Is there a way to hate you after you explained all of this?” Yesung asks. “I just… I felt like a failure for not being able to protect you”

Leeteuk smiles at him as she stands up and hug him tight. “Don’t cry, Yesung-ie” she said. “You’re not a failure. It’s not your fault, you were so young”

“I just… Umma, I’m sorry” Yesung said as he hugs her back. “I’ve been hating you for years without knowing a thing about the reason you did that”

“Oh, that’s fine. In fact, I deserve the hate” Leeteuk said. She smiles at him. “Now, let’s say goodbye to the painful past. We don’t have to feel it anymore, though” she adds. “So, tell me about your girlfriend”

“Girlfriend?”

“Don’t lie, Yesung-ie. Chullie told me you have a girlfriend” Leeteuk said teasingly. “Or should I say, soon to be wife? Not that I already give you my blessings”

Yesung smiles bitterly. “We’ve broken up”

“What?”

“We’ve broken up” Yesung repeated, clearly. “Just a few hours ago”

“Oh, my… but why?” Leeteuk asks. “It isn’t because of me, is it?”

Yesung shook his head. “No” he said bitterly. “It’s my own fault. I can’t trust her”

And with that, his tears falls. The moment he realizes that it’s because of him.

That once more they were so close to being in love.

That once more, he had to be reminded that almost is never enough.

That once more, he ruined it himself.

There’s a moment of silent. “It’s fine, honey” Leeteuk said. “Everyone makes mistakes. We must learn from that mistake, and go on with our lives”

“The problem is… I don’t think I’ll ever be able to go on with my life” Yesung said. “She… she’s the one who helped me stand up when I was down. She’s the one who made me able to forgive myself. How will I ever be able to live without her?”

Leeteuk stares at him sadly. She wipes his tears away and  hugs him tight. “Love will find its way” she said as she rubs his back to calm him. “If she’s the one for you, love will find its way. Sometimes, not in the most romantic way possible, sometimes, maybe in the weirdest way possible” she adds. She laughs. “I suddenly remember your father”

“Appa? What’s with him?”

Leeteuk smiles as she reminisce her late husband. “Well… we met in the weirdest way possible” she said. “I was going to fetch my boyfriend in the airport when we bumped into each other. And you know what? The first thing he said after he bumped into me wasn’t sorry, but ‘please, be my wife’”

“What? That’s crazy” Yesung said as he laughs softly.

“I know, right?” Leeteuk asks. She laughs. “And I rejected him. Lots of times, mainly because I was still with my boyfriend that I never took your father seriously. I never see all his ways of proposing me” she adds. “But he won’t give up. Until one day, I found out that my boyfriend is cheating on me the whole time. Your father was there, witnessing the whole thing with me. He didn’t say a thing, but he grabbed my hand, and dragged me with him to a church. That’s when said, ‘Park Leeteuk, for the 100th time, please, be my wife’ and I finally said yes. And we get married, right there, at that moment. You have to see the look on your grandparents’ faces when we said we’re married”

“100th time? He proposed you 100 times?”

Leeteuk nods. “Well, he always find a moment to propose me” she said. “So… what I’m trying to say is, love will find its way if you won’t give up” she adds. “If you think your girlfriend’s the one for you, then fight for her. Find her everyday, ask her to get back with you everyday, even when she’s already annoyed by you, because, in the end, us, girls will choose the guy who fight for us more than any other guys”

Yesung laughs. “Umma, that’s crazy” he said. “But worth trying”

Little did he know that his love will find its way in one of the most ridiculous way ever.


~~~***~~~


Rays of sunshine crept through the opened curtains. Sungmin slowly opened her eyes and realized that Kyuhyun is not there, beside her. She sat on the bed only to realize that she’s only covered with a blanket. Nothing else. She pulled up the blanket, lay herself down as she blushed profusely.

“Oh,my god” she said to herself. “I can’t believe I just did that with him again after years. And what is it, Lee Sungmin? ‘You can even do more’? For goodness’ sake. That sounds cheap as . I can’t believe I said that” she adds as she covers her face using the blanket. “Aish, how will I ever be able to face him after saying such a thing?”

She quickly uncovers her face as she closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep when she heard the door opened.

She can felt the empty space on the bed beside her lowering, as if someone had sat in there. She can felt something warm on her forehead—Kyuhyun kissed her forehead. “Open your eyes, now. I know you’re awake” he said.

Sungmin open her eyes, and the first thing she see is Kyuhyun, smiling at her. And yes. Still with that smile she missed a lot. Still that smile that makes her fall for him. “Are you trying to kill me?”

“Huh?”

“Smiling at me like that. Are you trying to make me die from heart attack?”

Kyuhyun cringed. “Ew, cringeworthy”

Sungmin shrugs. “Maybe I’m not myself when I’m with you” she said. “I keeps on saying cringeworthy things”

“Oh, are you referring to what you said last night?” Kyuhyun asks. “’You can even do more’?. You’re lucky I just realized how cringeworthy it was this morning, when I woke up”

“Thanks for reminding me” Sungmin said sarcastically. She covers her face using her hands as she blushed profusely.

Kyuhyun laughs. “You’re welcome” he said.

“I just want to vanish from this world right now. This is too embarrassing”

Kyuhyun laughs—again. Seems like he’s in a really good mood today. “Hey, it’s not that bad” he said. He holds her hands so that she won’t cover her face anymore. “No need to cover your face”

“Yeah, not that bad” Sungmin said. “Yet, you laughed at it”

“Well, come to think of it, there’s so much stuffs who is even more cringeworthy than what you said”

“And what is that?”

“Well… that line from that love story drama between a special force captain and a doctor you used to watch?” Kyuhyun asks. “What is that line… ‘should I apologize or should I confess’?” He adds. There’s a moment of silent. “Okay, your lines are even more cringeworthy than that line. And I can remember how much I cringed when I heard those lines from that drama”

Sungmin rolls her eyes at him. “Thank you for lifting me up and then throwing me down again” she said. “But, how could you know I watched that drama?”

“I was there, remember?” Kyuhyun asks. “While you’re watching at the living room, I was always there, sitting at the couch beside you”

“Yes. But you’re always working or doing something with your laptop, iPad, and those boring documents” Sungmin said. “I mean, that won’t make you know the lines”

Kyuhyun laughs. “So you never noticed”

“What?”

“Well… aren’t you suspicious that I only brought my work home the day when that drama aired?”

There’s a moment of silent. “Now you mentioned it, you also usually do your work on your office or even if you brought it home, you usually did it on your office at this house” Sungmin said suspiciously.

“I did that on purpose” Kyuhyun said. He smiles at her. “That drama was cringeworthy—“

“It’s actually heart fluttering, you know?”

Kyuhyun laughs. “That’s how girls say it. I still prefer cringeworthy though” he said. “Well, like I said earlier, that drama was cringeworthy as , but all girls around me keeps on buzzing about it”

“All girls?”

“Well… Seulgi, those girls at my office, Wookie” Kyuhyun said. “I thought you’re the only normal girl who isn’t affected, but I was wrong”

Sungmin laughs. “No one can resist captain Yoo”

“Whatever” Kyuhyun said. “So one day, when you watched it, I was really curious what that drama was about, and don’t remind me of how many times I cringed”

Sungmin laughs. “Seriously, are you jealous?”

“Hate to admit, but yes” Kyuhyun said. “I don’t know how, but I ended up paying attention to your face more than the drama” he adds. He laughs. “Your facial expression was hilarious that I had to head home from work soon on the day that drama aired and sat beside you when you watched while pretended to work”

“You did?”

Kyuhyun nods. “Stupid, right?” He asks. “Considering we’re not in really good terms when that drama aired”

There’s a moment of silent.

That drama aired right when they were having their continuous fights before she decided to cheat on him. They weren’t talking to each other for a few weeks.

“But… why?” Sungmin asks. “I mean… why didn’t you say something to me?”

“Well… don’t you remember? We were having continuous fights. Every word will turn into an argument, and the next thing I know, we were shouting at each other” Kyuhyun said. He shrugs. “I never wanted to fight with you. That’s why I didn’t talk to you”

“I thought you were ignoring me” Sungmin said. “I thought… I thought you don’t care about me anymore”

“If I don’t care, I wouldn’t even bothered to sit beside you” Kyuhyun said. “Plus, watching that cringeworthy drama just because I was jealous since even you were in love with that captain Yoo”

Sungmin laughs. “Oh my, see who’s jealous” she said. “How cute”

Kyuhyun laughs. “You better get up, take a bath and get dressed or else we’re going to be late”

Sungmin sat on the bed as she holds the blanket. “Where are we going?”

“Well… come to think of it, I’ve never introduced you to everyone I know, right?” Kyuhyun asks. “Today, I’m going to bring you to my office, and introduce you to everyone”

“What? But, why?”

“I just wanted to start a new beginning” Kyuhyun said. “This time, I won’t let any stupid misunderstanding ruin us anymore. Is it okay? Or you don’t want?”

Sungmin smiles at him. “You know, sometimes you can be all sweet just like those drama main leads”

Kyuhyun laughs. “What’s with you today?” He asks. “You keeps on flirting with me”

She pulled him closer to her. “Well… flirting with my husband is fine, right?”

“We’re going to be late”

“You’re the CEO”

“So?” Kyuhyun asks, pretending that he doesn’t understand.

“You can come anytime you want” Sungmin said. “Besides, this won’t take long”

Kyuhyun flashes a smirk. “Well, what will I get if I follow what you want?”

“I don’t know… maybe you’ll get what you want?”

“And what is it that I want?”

Sungmin flashes a smirk. “Well, you know that best” she said seductively.

Kyuhyun laughs. “You know I can never resist you, right?”

Sungmin laughs before she pulls him into a passionate kiss.

Seems like they are going to be late after all.


~~~***~~~


“Yesung? What are you doing here?” Ryeowook asks in shock when she saw Yesung in front of her house’s door.
“I’m going to drop you to your office. What else?” Yesung asks. “However, there’s only a day left of my ‘holiday’. I want to spend it with you”

“But—“

“Tae Hee will be back from school around 12. Do you want me to fetch her first, or you first to have lunch together?”

“Yesung, we’re—“

“Oh, or should I fetch you first and we fetch Tae Hee together? As her parents”

“Yesung—“

“Anyway, do you want to meet my mom? I mean, my other mom?” Yesung asks. “She’s going to be happy to see you”

“Yesung, stop talking, please!” Ryeowook said, raising her voice in annoyance. “Did you hit your head somewhere?”

Yesung laughs. “No” he said. “Did you?”

“Stop trying to change the topic” Ryeowook said. “I hope you still remember that we have broken up”

“So?”

“So stop acting like my boyfriend, okay?”

Yesung laughs—again.

Ryeowook frowns. “What’s so funny?”

He smiles at her. “I know you still love me”

Ryeowook blushes upon hearing him. “W-what? Don’t be too confident”

“What’s wrong with being confident?”

Ryeowook rolls her eyes at him. “You just stole a song lyric” she said. “Demi Lovato, Confident”

“Correct” Yesung said. “You’ve won a prize”

“Huh?”

“The prize is, a date with me”

Ryeowook cringed. “Goosebumps inducing”

Yesung laughs. “Let’s go. Or you’ll be late” he said as he holds her hand.

She pulls her hand away. She can’t let this be. She can’t be hurt again. “I can go by myself”

“Hey, you better take the offer while it’s still there”

“Don’t be too confident, Yesung” Ryeowook said. “Who says I still love you?”

There’s a moment of silent as his smile vanished upon hearing her. He expected this. He expected Ryeowook to say stuffs like this.

“If I still love you, I won’t break up with you” She adds, lying so that he will leave.

Yesung flashes his best fake smile. “Do you know how many times my father proposed to my mom?”

“Huh?”

“100 times” Yesung said. “I will always try so that you’ll finally say you love me again. I will never give up, so don’t expect me to”

“But—“

“You know what? I change my mind” Yesung said. “You’ll skip work today”

“What? Are you crazy? I can’t—“

“Yesung? Why are you here?” Jihyun asks as she walks towards both of them.

Yesung smiles at her. “Hello, Jihyun ajumma” he said. “Can I take Ryeowook with me today?”

“No. Umma, he’s trying to kidnap me”

There’s a moment of silent. Jihyun smiles. “Okay. I just need to call her office”

“What?” Ryeowook asks in shock.

“Thank you” Yesung said. He holds Ryeowook’s hand. “Let’s go” he adds as he drags her with him.

Jihyun laughs softly upon seeing them. “Yesung”

Yesung stopped. He turns to look at her. “Yes?”

“Just don’t get anyone pregnant, okay?” Jihyun asks teasingly.

Both Yesung and Ryeowook blushed profusely. Yesung laughs. “Not without Wookie’s permission” he said before he dragged Ryeowook with him.

Ryeowook hits his arm gently. “Why did you say that to my mom?”

Yesung laughs. “I wasn’t lying, right?”

Ryeowook pouts at him. “Whatever”

While Jihyun just stares at them while leaning her back on the door. “Kids these days” she said to herself. “Yesterday, she came home crying and locked herself in her room. Today, she even skipped work with him” she shook her head. “How cute” she adds.


~~~***~~~


“Aish, this is so tiring” Sungmin said as she leaned against the elevator wall. “You should’ve told me last night”

“So you won’t say ‘you can even do more’?” Kyuhyun asks teasingly.

They are currently inside the lift going up to the highest level, Kyuhyun’s office. He already introduced her to most of the staffs in this building. Only his secretary and his assistant left.

Sungmin flashes a fake smile. “Thanks a lot for reminding me”

Kyuhyun smiles back at her. “You’re always welcome”

“But seriously, I didn’t even get enough sleep last night” Sungmin said as she closed her eyes, resting her tired eyes.

“Oh, my poor wife” Kyuhyun said teasingly. Seems like he recovered really well, from the way he came back to his old habbit—teasing his wife. “Not to mention you also did ‘morning sport’ earlier”

Sungmin open her eyes and shots him a weird glare. “Are you being ert?”

Kyuhyun shrugs. “Maybe” he said. However, he promised not to lie to her.

“Don’t be” Sungmin said in a warning tone.

“Why?”

“That’s my part”

Kyuhyun laughs. “Weirdo”

Sungmin smiles at him. “You know, what? I feel relieved every time you smile”

“Is this time for one of your cheesy lines again?”

Sungmin laughs. “No” she said.

“Why?”

She shrugs. “I’m just glad” she said. “I hurt you for years. You never smiled at me anymore. I can’t even remember when I last see you laugh freely like this” she adds. “Now you smile and laugh freely again. I’m just… glad. At least you can smile again”

Kyuhyun smiles back at her. “Then don’t ever make this smile disappear again”

“You know, I remember my mom once said a smile is just like someone’s true colors” Sungmin said. “And Kyu, your true colors, they are beautiful” she adds as she smiles towards him. “And that’s why I love you. So don’t ever be afraid to let them show. Because they are beautiful”

Kyuhyun blushes upon hearing her. He clears his throat. “You know what? From all your cringeworthy lines today, this one is the less cringeworthy” he said as he turns to stare at the buttons—somewhere else other than her.

“Are you shy?” Sungmin asks teasingly. “How sweet. I wasn’t trying to say cringeworthy stuffs though”

“I—I didn’t!”

“Are you sure? Your cheek is as red as a tomato though” she said teasingly.

Kyuhyun was about  to say something when the lift opened. “Whatever. We’re here” he said instead as he went out from the lift.

Sungmin chuckles. “How cute” she said as she follows him.

“Oh, Mr. Cho, you’re back!” Jinki said excitedly.

“Are you okay?” Nicole—his assistant asks. “We’re really sorry. We didn’t come to see you. Your father told us it’s better to give you privacy”

Kyuhyun smiles at them. “It’s okay” he said. He pulls Sungmin’s waist closer to him. “Jinki, I know you know her already, and Nicole, I’ve told you much about her, this is my wife, Lee Sungmin”

“Oh, hello, Ma’am Lee” Jinki said excitedly. “So, are you pregnant?”

“Huh?” Sungmin asks shockedly.

Nicole elbows him. “Sorry for Jinki’s rudeness Ma’am” she said. “It’s just, he’s your fan”

“My fan?” Sungmin asks. She stares at Kyuhyun who just shrugs his shoulder.

“Yes” Jinki said. “I mean, you’re really beautiful, and you can even win from all those woman who tried to flirt with Mr. Cho” he adds. “We’re really curious why he never introduce you to us when you’re this beautiful and elegant. He told us that you’re not allowed to feel stressed or tired if you want to get pregnant soon” he shrugs. “That’s why I thought you’re already pregnant, that’s why he brought you here”

There’s a moment of silent. “Oh” Sungmin said. She fakes a smile. “Unfortunately, not yet. Thank you for asking”

Kyuhyun coughs. “Anyway, Minnie, you better rest inside my office now” he said. “And Jinki, just e-mail my schedules for today” he adds as he goes in his office with Sungmin.

Sungmin sighs when they are already inside his office. “Why did you lied?”

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything. He just pretended to be busy with his work.

“Why did you lied?” Sungmin asks. “Why did you lied to them?”

Kyuhyun sighs. He puts the document on top of his table. “So what am I supposed to tell when they asked about my wife?” He asks. “In parties, where I always came alone while the others brought their wife, or fiancee,  and they asked me about my wife, what should I say?” He adds. “That she’s busy having an affair?”

“You could’ve told them that” Sungmin said. “You don’t have to make me sound so nice in front of them”

“And make myself sounded so pathetic?” Kyuhyun asks. “No. more importantly, to make everyone who didn’t even know your name judge you?”

Sungmin looked down. “You don’t have to protect me, you know” she said. “After what I did to you”

Kyuhyun stands up and walks towards her. “You know I can’t, Minnie” he said. “I also don’t know. Maybe it’s because I’ve been loving you for so long, I can’t just say stuffs about you”

She hugs him tight. “Thank you” she said. “I’m so lucky to have you”

He hugs her back. “Enough with this sad talk, okay?” He asks. He smiles at her.”I just want to leave all those stuffs behind”

She lets go of him. “But—“

“Okay, that’s it” Kyuhyun said. “I know you’re very lucky to have me. There’s no other girl who is as lucky as you who can have a guy like me as their husband”

Sungmin hits his chest gently. “Way to ruin a serious conversation”

Kyuhyun laughs as he leaned his forehead on hers. “Why so serious?” He asks.

Sungmin smiles at him. “You’re right” she said. She give him a quick peck on his lips. “We should’ve left it all behind”

“See? You’re being flirty again”

Sungmin laughs. “Told you, being ert and flirty is my part”

“Well, you better do your part nicely” Kyuhyun said before he kissed her lips.

And with that kiss, he knows he has decided that he needs to stop.

He needs to stop trying to forget. However, trying to forget is just going to waste his time.

Just like in games, he’s just going to overwrite the bad memories, and replace it with the good one he’s going to write from now on.

It’s not going to be as easy as it’s said. But at least he know, it’s not going to be as hard as he imagined.

As long as she’s here by his side.


~~~***~~~


“Noona, you have one unread notification on your phone” Jongin said as he gets Ryeowook’s phone on top of the center table.

“Just ignore it” Ryeowook said, still reading her magazine.

“Too late” Jongin said as he reads the unread text.

‘Wookie, today, I’ll be back from Japan. First flight early in the morning. Just want to let you know’

“It’s from Yesung hyung though” Jongin said. “You sure want to ignore it?”

“Jongin, he’s just an ex”

“Ex?” Jongin asks. “You’ve broken up?”

Ryeowook rolls her eyes at him. “Long time ago” she said. “Two month ago to be exact”

“But you have a date with him just last month”

“He kidnapped me, okay?” Ryeowook asks.

Jongin sighs. “Seriously, aren’t you tired of your relationship? It keeps on going on and off and on and off again”

“You don’t understand, Jongin” Ryeowook said. “He loves me so much, I know that. I also felt the same… it’s just… sometimes he act like he didn’t. He can’t trust me on his every decision, and he can’t even discuss his problems with me” she adds. “It’s like… even if we get married, I’ll just end up being a bad wife to him”

Jongin shrugs. “Well… it’s your problem anyway. But if you ask me, I think you’re overthinking” he said. “This text is sent exactly 3 hours ago though. Flight from Tokyo to Seoul usually takes 2 hours 20 minutes time. I’m sure he’s already arrived by now”

“Why are you telling me all this information?” Ryeowook asks.

“I didn’t tell you anything” Jongin lied as he smiles sheepishly. “I was just wondering. He’s already here, why didn’t he call you?”

“Maybe he’s tired” Ryeowook said. She tried to sound fine, but ended up sounded bitter instead. “Maybe he gave up. Maybe he finally accepted our break up”

Jongin ignores her. “The weather here is pretty bad though” she said. “I wonder if something bad happened”

“Kim Jongin!” Ryeowook raises her voice at him. “Did you know that every single word means a prayer?”

“I know. I’m just saying” Jongin said. He flashes a smirk. “Besides, didn’t you just say you don’t care about him?”

“I—I… it’s not like I care!” She stammered. “I mean, I just want you to watch your words. About everyone! Not just about Yesung!”

Jongin chuckles. “Why so panicked, then?” He asks. “Seriously, you’re always like this. Firstly, when you broke up because you don’t think you can forgive him. You said you don’t care, but when he came here drunk, fainted in front of you, you suddenly became the very first person to approach him. And now, you suddenly showed that you care just because some of my words”

“You’re really—“ Ryeowook stops talking when her cellphone rang. “Who’s that?”

“I know you wished it’s your prince Charming” Jongin said teasingly. “But no. It’s from an unknown number”

Her eyebrows furrowed. “Unknown number?” She asks as she gets her cellphone from Jongin. “Hello?”

‘Is this Ms. Kim Ryeowook?’

“Yes, I’m Kim Ryeowook. Who is it?”

‘Do you know Mr. Cho Yesung?’

There’s a moment of silent as a rush of bad feelings came towards her. “Yes. I’m his girlfriend” she lied.

‘I’m Jiyeon, a stewardess at today’s flight. We’re currently at the nearest hospital from Incheon airport. We has arrived from Tokyo safely, but when we arrived at Seoul, due to the bad weather—‘

“Just go straight to the point please” Ryeowook said nervously.

‘Well, it was so slippery, so the aircraft went through a bad landing, and well… how to say it nicely… it’s slipped, and the machine went off immediately as some sparks appeared from some of the machines’ Jiyeon said. ‘So… as our safety procedures said, we need to evacuate the passengers first, so, our crew, including captain Cho helped everyone evacuated and—‘

“Just go straight to the point. Please.” Ryeowook said, emphasizing her every words.

‘So, he escaped last and… too bad… he was too late. The aircraft exploded right—‘

Ryeowook didn’t wait for Jiyeon to finish her words as her cellphone dropped on the floor. Tears started falling from her eyes.

She said she doesn’t care. She pushed him away.

But when the worst actually happened, she can’t help but felt the suffocating, hurt feelings.

“What happened?” Jongin asks, even though he heard what Jiyeon said.

“I—I need to go right now” Ryeowook said as she stands up and left.

Jongin picked her phone up. “Hello?”

‘Hello, who’s this?’

“I’m Kim Jongin. Kim Ryeowook’s brother. I heard you wanted to explain further but she didn’t listen” Jongin said. “What is it?”

‘Oh. I wanted to say that the aircraft exploded right behind him, just as he was only a few steps away from the aircraft’ Jiyeon said. ‘But he’s safe. He just broke his right leg because he fell down when the aircraft exploded’

There’s a moment of silent. Jongin laughs.

‘Excuse me? What’s so funny?’

Jongin stops laughing. “Nothing” he said. He tries his best to hold his laughter. “I’m just… watching. Okay, thanks for the information, Ms.?”

‘Jiyeon’

“Thanks for the information, Ms. Jiyeon” Jongin said before he ends the call and continue laughing.

Jihyun came out from the kitchen. “Jongin, what’s so funny?” She asks. “And where’s your sister?”

Jongin shook his head. “Someone’s over reacting again, I guess” he said as he wipes his tears that came out because of too much laughing.

While Jihyun just stares at him weirdly. “Why both my son and daughter are so weird?”

 

~~~***~~~


Ryeowook ran inside the emergency unit when she arrived. She found a girl with a stewardess’ uniform.

“Ms. Kim Ryeowook?” The girl asks. Ryeowook nods. “I’m Jiyeon”

“Where is he?”

“Huh?”

“Where is Yesung?”

“Uhm, okay, Ms. Kim, look, I need to explain something—“

“Wookie? Why are you here?” Yesung asks as he appears from behind Jiyeon while holding a crutch.

“And you? Why are you here?” Ryeowook asks. “Almost completely fine?”

Jiyeon gulps nervously. ‘I’m dead meat’ she thought. ‘I explained it in a wrong way though’. She clears . “Well, I guess you want to have a private conversation. I need to leave. See you later, aligator!” She said, pretending to be excited before she took off running.

There’s a moment of silent. Yesung stares at her confusedly. “What happened?”

“Well… Jiyeon called me, she told me that you escaped late and—“

“Wait. I think I get it” Yesung said. He laughs. “I think there’s a big misunderstanding going on”

“Huh?”

Yesung laughs, harder this time. He holds his stomach. “Let me guess, you didn’t listened to Jiyeon untill the very end?”

“What?”

“The truth is, yes, I escaped late and all” Yesung said. “But I’m already outside. So I’m just pushed a few meters, okay, probably centimeters away” he adds.

Ryeowook can felt herself blushed profusely. “So it was my fault” she said. “For not listening”

Yesung wants to laugh again, but he knows this is not the right timing. “Unfortunately, yes”

She covers her face with her hands. “I just want to disappear right now” she said before she sat on the floor.

“Hey, Wookie, it’s not that bad” Yesung said. “I’m happy though. At least you care” he adds as he holds her hands to remove it from her face.

Tears starts running down her cheeks as he did.

“Hey, why are you crying?” Yesung asks. “At least I’m fine, right?”

“Do you know how much I worried about you?” Ryeowook asks. “I thought I’ll never see you again. I blamed myself for trying to push you away” she said. She looks down to hide her tears. “I blamed myself for lying, telling you I don’t love you anymore. When in fact, I still really love you… I’m just afraid I’ll get hurt again”

There’s a moment of silent. Yesung smiles at her as he sat down beside her even though his leg hurts. “At least now you know I’m fine, right?” He asks. “And about your feelings, Wookie, I always know. And you know I always felt the same about you”

Ryeowook quickly hugs him as she cries in his chest. “I’m sorry” she said. And she kept repeating those words while he just rubs her back to comfort her as he whispered “it’s okay” to her ears.

She looks up and stares right into his eyes after a few minutes. “Yesung?”

“Hm?”

“I’m ready”

“What?”

Ryeowook smiles at him. “I’m ready” she said. “Marry me now”

There’s a moment of silent as Yesung just stares at her with wide eyes open. “A—are you sure?”

Ryeowook nods.

Yesung smiles in relief. “You know your wish is my command, right?”

Ryeowook nods. “I always know” she said. “And my wish is, marry me now”

“Okay” Yesung said. “Kim Ryeowook, this may not be the most romantic proposal ever like I promised you. In fact, this is one of the weirdest. We’re sitting in the middle of a hospital emergency unit and everyone is staring at us as if we’re out of our minds, but I don’t care. And I don’t even have a ring with me right now, but…” he stops for a while as he stares right into her eyes. He smiles sweetly at her. “I love you. Will you marry me?”

She nods. “I do” she said. “And I love you more” she adds before she kissed his lips.

Yesung’s eyes widened for this is the first time for Ryeowook to made the first move. He smiles between their kiss before he closes his eyes, enjoying his kiss with his soon to be wife.

Everyone in the emergency unit starts cheering for them.

“Miss, you’re so lucky” she said. “He’s such a nice guy. He’s just like a hero when he saved us earlier. Right?” One of the passengers whom Yesung saved, an old woman said.

The other passenger agreed. “It’s as if he doesn’t care about his own safety” adds another old woman.

Yesung laughs as he lets go of her. “I don’t think she’s lucky” he said as he stares right into her eyes. He smiles. “I’m luckier to have her” he adds which everyone replied with a teasing tone.

“Excuse me, you’re an aircraft captain Cho Yesung, not alpha team captain Yoo Sijin” Kyungsoo, his co-pilot said teasingly.

Ryeowook laughs. “Yeah. That’s too cheesy”

“Said someone who was a big fan of that drama” Yesung said.

This is why love will always find its way.

Even in the most stupid, ridiculous way ever.


~~~***~~~


“Oh, Teukie ajumma, long time no see” Kyuhyun said when he sees Leeteuk in his parents’ house, sitting on the sofa with Heechul. He bows at her. “Why are you here? I mean, you rarely came here”

“I invited her here to have dinner with us” Heechul said.

“Huh? But you said we’re having dinner with Yesung hyung’s family?” Kyuhyun asks. “Oh, or are you Yesung hyung’s mother?”

Leeteuk nods. “Long time no see, Kyuhyun” she said. “You’ve grown up into a handsome man. You looks just like Chullie, by the way”

Kyuhyun laughs. “If only I knew you’re his mother, I would’ve sent him back to you as a return to sender a long time ago” he said jokingly. Leeteuk laughs. “Well, if you’ll excuse me for a while, I’ll just put these bags in my room and—“

“Kyu…” Sungmin called from behind him.

He turned towards her. He sighs. “Minnie, I’ve told you I’ll just put this away, right?” He asks. “And I’ll go back and carry you here?”

She nods. “But I’m bored” she said. She pouts. “What took you so long?”

Kyuhyun laughs. “I’m just saying hi to Leeteuk ajumma. Why are you so clingy?” he asks. He turns towards Leeteuk. “Teukie ajumma, this is my wife, Lee Sungmin. Minnie, this is Park Leeteuk. I know her as Umma’s friend, but I just find out that she’s Yesung Hyung’s mother too”

Sungmin turns towards her too, and bowed at her. “Nice to meet you” she said. She tightens her grip on the back of Kyuhyun’s shirt. She doesn’t even know why, she just loved to cling with him.

“Minnie, seriously, you know that your bags are heavy, right?” Kyuhyun asks. “Don’t pull my shirt, or else I’ll fall backwards”

She lets go of him. “Sorry” she said as she smiles sheepishly. 

Kyuhyun laughs. “Seriously, you’re so clingy today” he said. “You stay here for a while okay? I’ll put this on my room” he turns towards Heechul who just stares at them in shock. “Umma, Minnie is not feeling well today, so she can stay here and sit with you while she rest, okay?”

“Wait” Heechul said. “You reconcile with her?”

Kyuhyun nods. “I thought you know?”

Heechul hits his head. “How could I know if you don’t tell me?”

“Umma, that hurts!” No. it’s not Kyuhyun who said that. Sungmin did.

Heechul looks at her confusedly. “Minnie? You just defend him?”

“You shouldn’t have hit him. He’s your son” Sungmin said as she pouts. “I don’t want to be disrespectful but—“

Heechul laughs. “Oh my, how sweet” she said.

“Anyway, where’s Appa?” Kyuhyun asks.

“In his room” Heechul said. “Busy and killjoy as always. Don’t you ever be like him!”

Kyuhyun laughs. “I won’t promise though” he said. “Well, I’ll go upstairs then” he adds before he left.

Heechul walks towards Sungmin and embraces her shoulder. “So, Minnie” she said. “Tell me, am I expecting a baby soon?”

“Huh?”

“You think I don’t know?” Heechul asks. “Just a while ago, Kyuhyun said that you’re not feeling well, and you’re acting extra clingy towards him. Like, everybody can tell that’s a symptoms of…” she stops talking as she coughs. “Pregnancy”

“Eh?” Sungmin asks, blushing profusely. “No way”

Leeteuk laughs. “But she’s right. That’s the symptoms of pregnancy” she said. “Well, not everyone gets clingy to their husband, but I did though. I remember clinged over Kangin when I was pregnant with Yesung-ie”

“B—but it can’t be” Sungmin stammered. “I mean…” she coughs. “We just started doing ‘that’ again from a month ago. Like, it can’t be”

“It’s possible though” Heechul said. “If you did it continuously” she adds teasingly.

“Now, did you do it continuously?” Leeteuk asks, joining Heechul in teasing.

“Well… we did it almost everyday” Sungmin said shyly. 

“Oh, my. I didn’t know he’s that strong” Heechul said. “You acted just like newlyweds”

Sungmin shrugs. “You can call us a newlywed though”

“But seriously, don’t you guys want a child?” Heechul asks. “I mean, it’s been almost 8 years”

Sungmin blushes—again. “Well, we… we’re working on it”

“We’re working on what?” Kyuhyun asks as he and Hankyung stand behind her.

Sungmin turns towards him in shock. “Oh, Kyu. You’re here” she said.

Hankyung shook his head as he knew that this is because of one of his wife’s prank again. “Chullie, stop teasing your daughter in law”

Heechul pouts. “I just wanted to know” she said. “Anyway, Teukie, where’s your other son? I thought you have two sons?”

“Oh, Jinnie is busy today” Leeteuk said. “He’s my heir. And unfortunately he needs to attend a meeting tonight”

“By the way” Kyuhyun said. “Has anyone noticed that Yesung hyung is not yet here?”

There’s a moment of silent.

“You’re right” Heechul said. “He said he’s going on the first flight for today”

“Today’s raining all day” Hankyung said. “I just hope nothing bad happens”

Leeteuk was going to say something when someone barged in.

It was Yesung and Ryeowook, both of them soaking wet.

“Umma, Appa” Yesung said. “Me and Wookie are going to get married tomorrow”

There’s a moment of silent as they tried to absorb what he just said.

Kyuhyun’s the first one to notice. He laughs. “Said someone who called me crazy 8 years ago”

“Yesung… tomorrow, with no planning, and all, are you crazy?” Heechul asks.

“Then we plan it all  tonight” Yesung said. “I’m just going to ask for your blessings”

“But why are you soaking wet?” Leeteuk asks.

“Well… it’s raining all day, and we can hardly find any taxi” Yesung said. “So we ran to the train station”

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes at him. “I wish my brother is smart enough to call the taxi service”

“I left my phone on the aircraft” Yesung said as he smiles sheepishly. “The aircraft exploded”

“What?” Leeteuk asks. “But you’re fine, right?”

Yesung nods. “I just broke my right leg. But I’m fine anyway”

Hankyung laughs. “Very smart, Yesung” he said. “A groom broke his leg just a day before his unplanned wedding day”

“How could you ran all the way to train station?” Kyuhyun asks.

Yesung shrugs. “I don’t know” he stares at Ryeowook. “Maybe it’s the power of love”

“Ew, cringeworthy!” Everyone said towards him.

Yesung laughs. “Anyway, so how do you say?”

Heechul shrugs. “Well… we no longer have any rights towards you” she said, trying to manage her tone but failed. “Ask Teukie”

“But I still want to ask for your blessings too” Yesung said. “Told you, I have two families, right?”

“B-but—“ Heechul stops talking. “So you don’t want to go back to Teukie?”

Yesung shook his head. “I don’t want you to miss me and cry over me everyday” he said. “Besides, Teukie Umma got Jinnie with her”

Heechul hits his chest gently. “Too confident” she said. She smiles. “I said yes. And Hannie of course will said yes too if I said yes. What about you, Teukie?”

Leeteuk laughs. “Is there a reason for me to hinder my son’s happiness?”

“Alright! Then it’s fixed!” Heechul said. “Gears up, people. We have a wedding to plan tonight!”

And they become extra busy for the night.


~~~***~~~


They just finished planning the wedding at midnight and just managed to sleep a few hours ago. Thanks to Yesung and Ryeowook who said it at the very last minute, everyone in their family needs to help—even Jongjin who just came a few hours ago, and Ryeowook’s family who just got called needs to help too.

Sungmin slowly open her eyes as she can’t feel Kyuhyun beside her. She sat on the bed and stares at the clock.

1.30 A.M.

Her eyebrows furrowed. “Where is he?” She asks. She got up the bed and stares through the window.

The rain has stopped since a few hours ago. And Kyuhyun was there, sitting under a cherry blossom tree in the middle of the garden.

She quickly ran out of his room, and followed him at the garden.

“What are you doing here?” She asks Kyuhyun who opens his eyes upon hearing her voice.

“You’re awake?” He asks.

Sungmin nods. “I can’t feel you beside me” she said as she sit beside him. “I’m used to having you by my side”

Kyuhyun holds her hands. “Really?”

“Stop changing the topic. What are you doing here?”

Kyuhyun laughs. “So impatient” he said. “Well… this tree is my secret place when I was a kid”

“Doesn’t seem secretive at all” Sungmin said teasingly.

Kyuhyun just laughs as a response. “It’s not” he said. “But when I was a kid, Umma would bring me everywhere with her. But there are still times where she can’t bring me with her, so she had to leave me here with the maids” he adds. He closes his eyes as he reminisce his childhood. “I dreamt my wildest dreams here, when I was a kid. From being an astronaut to being an idol”

Sungmin laughs. “You ever dreamt of being an idol?”

Kyuhyun nods. “Weird, right?” He asks. “I may not seem like it, but sometimes I sing just out of hobby”

Sungmin stares at him in shock. “Really?”

He nods. “I can still sing now. Want to hear?”

She nods. “Prove your skills”

Kyuhyun laughs before he opens his eyes and stares right into her eyes.

And we


After the day we promised together


Everything in the world has changed


You came into my days


Like a nice breeze, do you know?”

Sungmin closed her eyes as she listened to his song. “I never know you can sing”

“I never tell it to anyone” Kyuhyun said. “It’s only you and this tree who knows about it”

Sungmin opens her eyes and stares right into his eyes.

The moonlight, the night wind, the blooming cherry blossoms.

As if the three of it creates a spell, Kyuhyun closed his eyes and leaned his face to kiss her lips.

The spring has come.

It’s time to forget the reset button and just continue with the current game.

However, the boss is beaten already.


To be continued…


Comments are highly appreciated! If there are typos, I’m really story. I typed this chapter while at the hospital because I’m sick T^T