SOS But I'd Rather Freeze to Death!

Sorry I'm A Bad Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

School ended at noon because of some renovations that was going to happen during the weekend so I tried to leave school as early as I could so I wouldn't run into trouble again.

Yes it was only noon but I'm kinda still paranoid at the thing that happened to me last time.

The walk home was quick because I was literally running. 

"Wow, I made it home within 15 minutes." 

That's a new record for speed walking.

As I made my way up the stairs several rats came flying down the steps.

"Oh my God, that is so gross." I cringed before continuing up.

Once I reached my floor, I was met with my landlords, Mr and Mrs Lee.

"Oh, good afternoon Mr and Mrs Lee." I greeted as I approached them.

The two turned to looked at my with surprised expressions.

"A-ah, afternoon, Areum." Mrs Lee greeted back,"We didn't think you were going to be home any time soon."

Something felt fishy. They looked really nervous.

"Yeah, school ended earlier than expected. Is uhm... Is something wrong?" I asked as I felt myself get nervous too.

"There's no point in beating around the bush is there?" the husband and wife duo looked at each other.

"Well, you see dear, there's been an infestation of rats in the building." Mrs Lee explained.

Oh, that explains the rats scurrying down the staircase just now.

"This building is pretty old and it needs to be renovated and fumigated clearly." Mr Lee sighed exasperatedly.

"But it looks fine to me." I tried to laugh off the awkwardness of talking to my landlords.

I haven't spoken to them very much except through email.

"The furnishing is all brand new of course, but there are some parts of the building that need to be fixed up." Mr Lee looked at me worriedly,"I'm afraid that you might need to move out for a bit while we get the renovations done."

M-move out? But I have no where else to go!

My parents don't live in this area where it's near the school.

I can't move back home by this weekend.

As if reading my mind, Mr Lee continued,"But dont worry. We have somewhere for you to stay. Its nearby your school too."

Haah that's a relief.

"R-really? That's great. for how long am I staying there?" I felt my spirits pick up.

"About two months or even less than that if we start the renovations as soon as we can." Mrs Lee smiled.

Well it's only for a while right?

"When can I move in?" I asked.

"Today in fact." Mrs Lee laughed heartily,"Oh, he's gonna get along well with you. He has a thing for pretty girls."

The two shared a laugh while I just stood there weirded out. 

'He'?

"Oh, no worries Areum, he's our nephew, he lives on his own in a large two bedroom house." Mr Lee noticed my confusion,"He's very friendly and I think he's around your age."

Around two hours later

I had quickly packed my necessities and some of my belongings before I went out the door again, narrowly stepping over a running rat on my way out.

"Alright i'll send you over there since i'm on my way to work anyway." Mr Lee loaded my boxes into his car's boot before we left.

"I hope you're okay with this. Once again, we're really sorry." Mr Lee apologized for the 10th time that hour.

I laughed,"No worries. If anything, i'm the one who should be sorry. I'm causing so much trouble."

"Don't say that, Areum. It's not your fault." 

It was a short drive over to his nephew's.

After helping me with the boxes, Mr Lee straightened his back and smiled,"Now go ahead and ring the doorbell. I'm sorry I can't help you from here. I need to get back to my office. If he says anything just say that his Uncle Lee is your landlord who called this morning."

I nodded and thanked him again as I watched him drive away.

"Well, i'm on my own now." I sighed heavily as I shifted my things by the front door of the house.

I rang the doorbell and waited patiently for someone t

Please log in to read the full chapter