- Tutor Kim Taehyung - TaeKook

BULLETPROOF ONESHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook had his head bedded on his arms as he let himself get lulled to sleep by the monotone voice of his teacher lecturing their students about the importance of organization.

Honestly speaking, Jungkook didn't give a about what she was saying. He only came to school because he had to – and he was only putting enough effort so he would only just pass his classes. All Jungkook ever thought was making a career in dancing and singing, and he didn't need a good graduation for that. When he came home from school, he would always toss his bag away, changing from his uniform into comfortable clothes and commuted through half of Seoul to meet up with his best friend Jimin, who he'd practice with until late at night.

The bell signaling the end of the lesson ripped Jungkook from his slumber. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and ruffled his hair, letting out a big, hearty yawn. Only three hous left, he told himself, scooping his bag up from the floor and threw it over his shoulder. As always, he was the last in class, taking his time to get to his next class and not caring if he's going to be late or not. Just as he reached the door, the sharp voice of Miss Lee cut through the air, causing him to stop in his tracks.

“Jeon Jungkook” she sighed. “Can you stay for a moment?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes, turned around over-dramatically and groaned.

“I'm sorry, I know I'm not supposed to sleep in class and it's never going to-”

“You're failing this class” she interrupted him mid-sentence, her voice sounding tired.

“No I'm not” he argued, crossing his arms tight over his chest. “I made sure to pass.”

Miss Lee pulled a sheet of paper out of her bag, shoving it over the table for Jungkook to take a look at it.

“That''s your last test” she stated. “You were too busy sleeping to notice that I handed it out. I wanted to have a talk to you about it, anyway.”

Jungkook squinted at the red scribbling at the top right corner of it, cocking his head to the side to make sure that he really was reading right.

32 %. The red ink stung in his eyes like a sharp needle and he groaned in frustration.

“That's not possible!” he objected. “You must have marked it wrong. I made sure I'd-”

“Jungkook!” she interrupted him once again, her voice unwavering. “I did certainly not make a mistake. And I don't want you to fail either.”

“So?” He was well aware that he was giving her an attitude, even pushing his lip out like a kid, but he didn't care. “What do you suggest then, Miss Lee?”

“Tutoring” she replied bluntly. He scoffed at her words, about to turn around and walk out on her, but she didn't give up.

“Jungkook, you're not dumb, so don't pretend to be. Come to this room after your classes and meet with your tutor. He's a senior student and really good at math. He already agreed to tutoring you.”

Jungkook snorted, turning around and approaching the door. “Please consider it.”

“Whatever” he returned, raising one hand into the air as he walked out, curtly waving her good-bye.

During the whole next three classes, Jungkook's mood lingered on a constant low. Usually, he would brush off situations like this easily, stuffing it back into a corner of his mind, ready to forget about it. That day, though, it really nagged on him.

As the bell released the students for the day, Jungkook went to his locker, stowing his books into it and slammed it shut. He decided it would be best if he just forget about Miss Lee and what she had said. She must be mistaking. Jungkook wasn't failing.

Denial weighed him down, slowing his steady step towards the exit of the school, until it he halted right before the set of doors leading out of this hell. Jimin was waiting for him to practice, and his brain was cram-full with new ideas for choreography. He told himself that there was no space for math in his head.

But why did he stop, though?

“I don't pretend that I'm dumb” Jungkook muttered to himself, loosening the tie around his neck and ing the first button of his white dress shirt. “In fact, I'm pretty smart.”

Competitiveness got a hold of him, and he turned in his place, his steps picking up into a jog up the stairs and down the hall until he stood in front of the classroom. He regulated his breathing before confidently knocking on the door. With a grin, he pushed the door open, not even waiting for a response. He was going to prove to Miss Lee that he wasn't the lazy everyone thought he was.

Walking in, Jungkook's attentive eyes scanned the room, finding a person sitting at two pushed together tables near the back of the room. A boy in uniform, probably slightly older than him, looked back at Jungkook. The hint of teal in the boy's bangs instantly caught his eye, thinking that dying the hair was prohibited at their high school. He must be the school's darling, Jungkook mocked inside his head, because any other student would have gotten in trouble for it. Jungkook knew that for a fact, since he had gotten expelled for it before.

“Jeon Jungkook?” the boy asked, his voice deeper and more melodic than he had expected. He answered with a curt nod, re-adjusting the strap of his backpack.

“And you are?” Jungkook's voice sounded cold and distant in his own ears and he flinched.

The boy pressed his lips into a thin smile, brushing his colored bangs out of his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter