- REQUEST - V + Jungkook

BULLETPROOF ONESHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already late when Taehyung returned home from practice. He's been a trainee at BigHit Entertainment for a while now, but there still hadn't been an opportunity for him to debut. „You don't fit the group's image“ was all he ever heard. There had been times when he had considered to just pack his things and leave for good.

At this particular day, he returned to the trainee dorm, got into the room he shared with 5 other boys who hoped of a great career in the company's next project. Taehyung tossed his bag into the corner of his room, angrily ruffling his hair and slumping down onto the lower level of a bunk bed he slept in.

This day hadn't been particularly good. Opposite, actually. His vocal teacher got angry with him and he couldn't remember the dance routine. All in all, nothing went well that day.

He let out a frustrated groan and brushed his hands across his face before sitting up and staring at the wall in front of him.

Just the,n he noticed something that hadn't be there when he left for the company building. A bed stood pushed into the little space in front of the beds. A normal, one level bed with bags and stuff scattered all over it.

“A new trainee?” he mumbled to himself, stood up and slowly approached the bed. He saw an iPod, a wallet, a plushie and, sticking out of one of the bags, a first-person-shooter for the MacBook placed on top of all the other things. Taehyung scoffed. What did this person think? That being a trainee was a piece of cake? He clenched his jaws together, grabbed a snapback and his own iPod and strut out of the room into the living room.

“Ah, Taehyung-ah!” he heard Seokjin, the oldest trainee among them, call after him. Taehyung wanted to ignore him, but Jin was still his hyung and that would be disrespectful. His mom didn't bring him up like that. “Hm?” he hummed, a little annoyed.. “What is it, hyung? I want to go out and practice some more.”

He spun around and saw the other guys – Seokjin, Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok and Jimin – sitting on or in front of the sofa, looking at him. Some had blank faces, others smiled. Sitting awkwardly on the floor, a little away from the other trainees, sat a boy with his knees pulled to the chest and his arms slung around his legs. He looked a little scared and out of place. And young. He must have been at least two years younger than Jimin and him.

“There is someone we want to introduce you to” Namjoon took over and pointed to the boy, who nervously struggled to his feet, wiping his hands on his sweatpants. “This is a new trainee, who will join us with practice from tomorrow on.” Taehyung nodded and, with his arms crossed in front of his chest, eyed the boy suspiciously. He, on the other hand, bowed quickly with his hands pressed to the sides of his legs. “Hello, I'm Jeon Jungkook, the new trainee at BigHit. Nice to meet you.” Taehyung nodded in Jungkook's direction and, while turning back around to walk out the door, he said. “I'm Taehyung. And I'm leaving now.”

Outside, it was still warm and the streets were still crowded and busy. Taehyung pulled his cap further into his face and pushed play on his iPod, the sound of his favorite music immediately filling his ears and lifting his mood. With a happy bounce in his steps, he walked to his favorite place to visit when he had a bad day, or simply wanted to be alone.

After a walk of about 10 minutes, he reached Han river. He always loved the city lights reflecting in the silent water at night. He let himself plop to the ground under one of the bridges crossing the river and closed his eyes for a second.

His thoughts immediately drifted off to this boy – Jungkook – and the uncomfortable expression on his face when Taehyung left just like that. Tae should have known better that to act like this, since it wasn't too long ago when he had been the new boy in the group. He knew exactly how weird and new and overwhelming all of this was. And he also remembered how bad he felt when he accidentally woke up Yoongi on his first day, who had said words that hadn't been exactly nice.

A guilty feeling spread in Taehyung's stomach and he planned on apologizing and introducing himself properly to Jungkook first thing in the morning.

After a while of just sitting there, Taehyung scrolled through his p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter