- It's gonna be alright - YoongixReader

BULLETPROOF ONESHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think I had this up before? I don't remember. 

 

Just like every day after school, you were walking home with your neighbor Yoongi by your side. You have been friends ever since you moved into the street a couple of years ago and both of you visited the senior year on the same school.

When you turned around the corner to the street you lived in, your heart dropped. In front of your house stood an ambulance. You got worried, and without you noticing, you ran towards your house. Inside, you saw some paramedics carefully putting your mother on a stretcher.

“Mom!” you called out, but she didn't answer. With her eyes closed and her face really pale, panic rose in your stomach. You rushed to the stretcher, but a paramedic gently pulled you away. “Miss, we need to take her to the hospital now.” You wanted to scream and you wanted to know what happened, but all you got out was a little whimper, but you backed away, since you knew that whatever has happened, she needed help.

You watched as two men carried your mother outside and loaded her in the back of the ambulance before shutting the door. Then, your eyes drifted away and landed on a figure standing in your driveway motionlessly.

It was Yoongi. Your best friend you left behind just five minutes ago. You opened your mouth as to say something, but, again, nothing would come out. Tears stung in the back of your eyes and you wished for nothing more than Yoongi wrapping his arms around you and telling everything will be okay.

In that second, something pushed into your view. You blinked a few times before realizing that it was your father holding a huge bag. “Dad!” you said breathlessly. “What happened? What's wrong with mom?” The tears started spilling from your eyes and you watched him set the bag to the ground. “I don't know. One second we were talking and the next...I don't know what happened.” It seemed like he was trying his best not to cry, so you slung your arms around him and hugged him tightly. “Will she be okay?” you sobbed and your dad pulled back. “I will go to the hospital now. They will run some tests. I will pick you up later to go see her.” He kissed the top of your hair and left with the bag in his hand.

Standing in the middle of the room, you let yourself sink to the ground and buried your face in your hands. So deep in worry, you didn't notice the person entering the house through the still open door, and as you felt a light touch on your shoulder, you blinked up into the face of Yoongi.

He held his hand out to you, but you just faced the floor and shook your head. With a tiny sigh, he sunk down next to you and grabbed your hands in between his. “Yah, (Y/N)! You will catch a cold sitting on the floor like that” he said with a quiet, calm voice. Your only response was a slight shrug. Right now, you couldn't think about yourself. Your thoughts were with your mother, and she was the only one you worried about.

Yoongi's thumbs started caressing the skin on your hands softly, trying to calm you. “Hey, I don't think your mom would want you catching a cold. And neither do I.” A little hesitant, you looked up at him. He nodded up the stairs and tried once again. “Come on. Let's go up to your room and we can talk.”

This time, you agreed and soon found yourself wrapped in your blanket with a cup of tea in one, and Yoongi's hand in the other hand. He sat next to you and just watched you stare into a blank space. The two of you sat in silence for a while, and, at any normal occasion, the way you sat next to each other would have been some kind of awkward – you had a crush on him ever since you met – but in this moment, you were simply thankful for his presence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter