c h a p t e r s i x (f i n a l)

It's Complicated, but I Prefer This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Perhaps because they missed each other or perhaps they were very close back in the day, both Jaebum and Seulgi didn't realize that they've been talking for like three hours. Yes, in the balcony of the wedding hall. It was cold as expected because it's winter night, so Jaebum initiatively took off his coat and put it on Seulgi's shoulders to show her that he's a manner man. Seulgi worried at first because she thought Jaebum would catch a cold, but the guy told her, "I'm a strong man. I won't get sick just because I don't have a coat on." But then he failed-- he cough a few times right after he stated that. But yeah, he told her not to worry about him.

"Sorry to interrupt," A man's voice made both Jaebum and Seulgi's turn their heads at the same time. And there, they saw Mark still with his suit on. "but the party's over."

Right after Mark finished his sentence, Seulgi quickly took a glance at her watch, "Oh my god it's 10PM already!" The last time she checked, it was only 7PM.

"Wait, you have work tomorrow?" Jaebum worriedly asked.

"No, I'm off tomorrow," Seulgi suddenly stood up. "but I need to find Irene and Jinyoung. I came with them so I didn't brought my car."

"Umm Seulgi-ah, they left. About an hour ago." Mark informed her.

"THEY WHAT? DID THEY FORGET ABOUT ME OR WHAT." 

"Well..." Mark started. "They knew you were with Jaebum so...they left you."

"I can't believe this!" Seulgi fished out her phone from her purse and started to look up for Irene's phone number. Seeing this, Mark quickly mouthed 'Take her home!' to Jaebum, who was kinda flustered at first, but decied to do what the older guy instructed him.

"S-Seulgi," He had no idea why he stuttered. "Let me take you home." 

"Huh?" Seulgi looked away from her phone. "No, no, that's okay sunbae, I can take a taxi. Besides, my apartment is nearby."

"Oh come on, just let him take you home tonight, Seulgi." Mark told her, basically wanted the ship to sail. "Besides, he knows where your apartment is." Mark whispered to Jaebum--obviously . And to that, Mark recieve a punch on his stomach.

"Um, but is that fine?" Seulgi turned her head to Jaebum.

"Y-yeah sure that's okay." Jaebum replied with a smile.

"Alright, off to the parking lot you two!" Mark suddenly shouted.

"Oh, where's Wendy, by the way?" Seulgi suddenly asked since she couldn't find her best friend.

"She's upstairs in the hotel room." Mark replied.

"Oooh looks like someone's gonna have a steamy night tonight." This time, Jaebum's turn to teased Mark.

"And you're not?" Once again, Mark attacked the younger man, but Jaebum couldn't do anything. While Seulgi's busy with her phone (possibly texting Irene in capitals), Mark started to tease Jaebum for the last time that night. "Be careful you two! The girls might ended up giving birth at the same time!"

And to that, Jaebum quickly led Seulgi to the parking lot before she could understand anything.

---------------------------------------------

"Thank you for driving me home, sunbae." Seulgi said as soon as both of them arrived at her apartment's front door. Jaebum purposely tagged along with her because he wanted to show her the manner side of him.

"Hey, what did I tell you about sunbae?" Jaebum glared at her. He didn't like it when she called him sunbae instead of oppa.

"Oh right! Jaebum oppa." Seulgi granted his wish. "By the way, oppa. You wanna come in for a while?" The girls might ended up giving birth at the same time! Jaebum shook off at the thought of Mark's statement.

"N-no, thanks. It's getting pretty late and I have work tomorrow." Jaebum said as he took a glance at his watch. 

"Oh, right. It seems like I'm the only person who has an easy peasy career." Seulgi suddenly said.

"Waking up at dawn and countless research? No thanks." Jaebum smiled sincerely at his long-time crush. "I'm going now." Jaebum turned away from Seulgi but then he remembered something. "I heard you changed your number." He started. "And I'm sure you didn't tell me about it."

Panic, Seulgi quickly asked Jaebum to give her his phone. "My phone was stolen when I had a business trip in Japan, so I bought a new phone and number right away after I came back here." She explained, not wanting Jaebum to misunderstand. It did make Jaebum laughed though.

"Okay okay I get it. So um...see you when...I see you?" 

"Yeah, see you when I see you." Seulgi smiled before she got in her apartment.

 

 

"SOOOOO HOW'S IT GOES?" Irene teased Seulgi from the other line. Seulgi's phone practically rang right after she put down her purse on the dining table.

"WHY THE HELL DID

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter