c h a p t e r f i v e

It's Complicated, but I Prefer This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yo dude, don't forget to come to my wedding ceremony this Friday!" Mark reminded Jaebum over the phone.

"Why would I forget to come to my best friend's wedding?" Jaebum laughed out a little.

"I can count on you!" Mark said on the other line. "Oh, and Wendy said Seulgi's gonna come too."

"Seulgi?" A little scene came to his memory. "She's gonna come with her boyfriend, I believe." The scene where he saw her hugged another man.

"Boyfriend? She has a boyfriend? Wendy said she doesn't have one. How do you know about that?" Everyone can tell Mark was surprised.

"She is now. Well, I kinda came to her apartment last week after I got the address from her mom. I saw her hugging a man in front of her apartment." Jaebum told him.

"Wait, what? You what--"

"Mark!!! Help Wendy with the flower arrangement!" The voice of his mother, or known as Mrs. Tuan, can be heard in the background.

"Um dude we have a lot to talk about, but I need to help Wendy with things. We'll talk later bye!" Then Mark hung up the phone instantly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

One week ago

 

"Wonwoo-ah, thanks for helping noona with the new furniture." Seulgi patted the Wonwoo guy on the head. "As expected from my best cousin! I can rely everything on you!"

"Noona stop doing that! I'm not a kid anymore." Wonwoo started to whine. "Besides, I have just graduated from college. Don't you think it's too much?"

"I can't! You're still a kid for noona!" Seulgi once again.

"Oh by the way noona." 

"Hm?" Seulgi looked up to him.

"It seems like I can't make it to Wendy noona's wedding. I'm going to have an employee training session or something like that starts on next Monday until Friday." Wonwoo told her.

"You can't? But the wedding ceremony is on Friday evening, though. I'm sure the training will end at the afternoon."

"The training session is in Jeju..." Wonwoo told her another fact. "I'm not rich yet to rent a private jet to fly me to Seoul." He jokingly said as both of them laughed together.

"What's up with this kid and his obsession with planes!" Seulgi jokingly hit his arm. 

Seulgi instantly hug him and said, "Take care my baby cousin. Noona's not gonna be there for you so have to take care of yourself alright?"

"Noona! I said I'm not a kid anymore!" Wonwoo pushed himself away from his cousin. "I'm going now. Bye noona! Send my congratulatory message to Wendy noona and Mark hyung!" He said as he took his leave.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's 4PM on Wendy and Mark's wedding day. Irene and Seulgi decided to meet up at Seulgi's place after they did their hair on the salon. Well, Seulgi's place is closer to the wedding hall so it's more convenient to go from Seulgi's place.

"Unnie, where are you? It's already four." Seulgi sighed as she talked to Irene over the phone.

"I'm here, I'm here!" Irene voice can be heard from outside of Seulgi's apartment.

"Unnie!" Seulgi said as she opened the door for the older woman. "What's with your make up?" An uneven eyeliner can be seen on her right eye and her blush on seemed weird.

"I tried to do my make up on the taxi but I guess it's a fail. Seulgi-ah, where's your make up remover?" Irene asked as she let herself in.

 

As Irene to remove her horrible taxi make up style, a thought suddenly came onto Seulgi's mind.

"Ah right! So we're going by my car or..."

"Jinyoung's gonna pick us up tonight." Irene told Seulgi even before she finished asking.

"Jinyoung sunbae?" 

Irene and Seulgi somehow made up after they graduated. They were coincidentally meet up at the department store somehow brought them up to their relationship right now. Jinyoung decided to forget about how bad she was to him--he basically forgives her already. And Irene, she stumbled upon various relationships until in the end, she was the one who got hurt by the guy. Since then, she decided to stop playing with boys. Now she knows Jinyoung and herself are meant for each other.

"I thought you said he's on a business trip?" Seulgi asked her.

"Yeah, but he decided to come back home yesterday, so yeah he will pick us up later." Irene said proudly.

"Wow, I'm being a third wheel tonight. What a goooood day for me." Seulgi yawned as she thinks about the atmosphere she will about to face that night.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter