c h a p t e r f o u r

It's Complicated, but I Prefer This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Are you nervous? -Seulgi

Yeah, sort of. -Jaebum

Don't be! I know you can do it! Oppa fighting! -Seulgi

Haha thanks! I feel a lot more relax now ;) -Jaebum

 

The girl named Kang Seulgi looking deeply into the exchanged text messages she just had with her sunbae turned-to-be-the-close-oppa, Im Jaebum. The next day after that was the examination day for Jaebum and his thesis. Seulgi thought a little message could help him from being too nervous and yes, it does helped him--at least that's what he told her earlier. The girl was about to reply the last message from Jaebum until something came up on her phone.

Come to the park nearby. I'll be there. -Jaebum 

Then Seulgi--she quickly grabbed her hoodie and put her shoes on.

 

It wasn't hard to find him in a dark park. Well, his tall figure and broad shoulders were totally stood out. Seulgi greeted him first with a wide-bear-like smile which basically made Jaebum goes crazy on the inside. 

"So...what's up?" Seulgi tried to break the silence as she sit down beside him on a bench.

"Hi, you're here." Jaebum said all of a sudden. "I thought you wouldn't come here."

"Why would I not? You were the one who asked me to come." Seulgi grinned at him.

They stayed silent for the next five minutes after Seulgi spoke. It's not an awkward silence to be honest, it's a peaceful silence that both of them were enjoying. Actually, Jaebum was nervous as hell on the inside. Why, you ask? He promised to his friends (and himself) that he's going to confess his feelings to Seulgi the night before the examination day. To tell you the truth, he already prepared his heart, whether she'll accepts or rejects him. He's ready for the night.

"Um...Seulgi I wanna tell you something."

"What is it?" Seulgi innocently asked, she has no clue about what's going to happen.

"You know, we've been really close these past months and I even kind of close to your mom. Things that happened in the past months--I feel like those are destiny? I don't know how to say it but it actually felt like that to me. Actually, I've been watching over you since like two years ago because you're...very attractive to me. And I'm glad everything happened this way. Truthfully at first I didn't think I would fall this hard for you but I actually did and I like it very much. I know you are now still not ready to be in a relationship because of your ex, but I feel like I need to ask this to you." Jaebum finally said his long confession. He paused for a moment, and took a breath. "Would you be my girlfriend?" The girl, Kang Seulgi, can only widened her eyes.

She doesn't know if she's ready to be in another relationship, even though she's also fall for Jaebum. It's not like she doesn't want to, but study and work are now her number one priorities. Moreover, her past relationship makes her some kind of trauma to start another one. Why? Her ex was cheated on her when she loved him wholeheartedly. Cheating may be seen as something small (because it happens a lot) but it's different for Seulgi. Her dad left her mom because there was another woman and she hated that. She hates everything that related to cheating.

"Um..." Seulgi started to open . 'You never know when love will come.' Wendy's famous word suddenly came up into her mind, making her even more confused.

"Um..." She said once again, hesitating.

"I know." Jaebum finally said it to her. "I know what you've been through and I don't want to force you to accept me just because tomorrow is my examination day." He told her with a forced smile. He expected this, but he never thought it will be that sad for him.

"I'm sorry." Was the only thing Seulgi can say that day.

"That's fine." Jaebum looked at her with a smile. "But you don't like me back?" Jaebum asked her curiously.

"I-it's not like I don't like you. I like you too. But I feel like right now is not the right time for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter