c h a p t e r t w o

It's Complicated, but I Prefer This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You will be working as partners for this project, so each of you need to take a small paper right here. I've written the chapters." The lecturer, Mr. Kim said as he started calling out the students' name one by one. The class was only filled with 20 students, so it's going to be 10 groups.

"Im Jaebum, Park Jinyoung, Mark Tuan, Choi Youngjae." It turned out Jaebum got the first chapter, Jinyoung got the fifth chapter, Mark got the seventh chapter, and Youngjae got the third chapter.

"As long as I don't get the fifth chapter, then everything will be fine." Irene sighed right after she said that.

"Why? Because Jinyoung sunbae got it, unnie?" Seulgi asked the obvious question.

"Whatelse could be the reason? How I wish my partner is either Youngjae, Jaebum, or Mark." Then Irene turned her head to Wendy's seat, only to see the girl is closing her eyes. It seemed like she was praying.

"Looks like somebody wants to be Mark's partner that bad." Irene carefully whispered to Seulgi, not wanting the other girl to hear.

"I know." Seulgi slightly replied, but little did Irene know, Seulgi secretly wishing to got the first chapter.

"Bae Joohyun, Son Seungwan, Kang Seulgi!" Mr. Kim suddenly called their names, making Wendy startled. The three quickly went in front of the class to take the papers. Seulgi slowly opened her paper as she pray it would be the first chapter.

A smile crept upon her face once she found out that she's partner up with Jaebum. And fortunately, the same goes to Wendy.

"Oh ." Irene muttered under her breath when she saw the 'fifth chapter' on her paper. "Today's not my lucky day." Irene said as she looked at Jinyoung, who was glaring at her for whatever reason. Mark couldn't hide his happiness because he smiled broadly to Wendy. On the other hand, while Jinyoung and Mark being very obvious, he tried to keep his 'cool face', but deep inside, he's over the heels with his destined partner. Well, project partner.

"The presentation will starts next week and each week we'll have two groups. For the groups of chapter one and two, be prepared from now." Mr. Kim said as he dismissed the class.

As the lecturer took his leave, Mark went to Wendy's seat to discuss about the project, while Irene hurriedly packing her things--it's obvious she's avoiding Jinyoung to talk about the project. But unfortunately, Jinyoung was fast enough to realize it, so he quickly grabbed her arm before she could go anywhere.

"Not so fast. We need to talk about the project."

"Ugh can't we talk about it later? We still have two weeks anyway." Irene said as she getting annoyed by the presence of Jinyoung.

"Look we only need to divide the parts. I don't wanna talk to you either." Jinyoung coldly said, unlike his usual bright personality.

"You do the first half and I do the second half. Done. I need to go." Irene escaping the class before Jinyoung could ever say anything.

Jaebum managed to talk to Seulgi despite witnessing the chaos that happened between Jinyoung and Irene. "Seulgi, do you have time? I-I mean I think it's better if we talk about the project now."

"Y-yeah. W-well I have a meeting with the student body at 5, but I have two hours to do the project." Seulgi embarrasedly replied. Oh stupid Seulgi. You've never been like this before. 

The two ended up sitting in the library with their heads buried in their own books. The two have stayed like that for almost two hours, with a typical library silence surrounding them. It was like that until Jaebum decided to break the silence.

"Seulgi-ah, are you done?" Jaebum whispered to Seulgi, not wanting to disturb the others.

"Yeah, sunbae. Here's my summary." Seulgi replied as she handed her written paper to Jaebum.

While Jaebum read her paper, Seulgi keep staring at her watch until she finally said, "I'm sorry, sunbae but I think I have to go now." With an apologetic face.

"Oh, that's fine you can go now. I'm gonna stay here finishing the assignment." Jaebum smiled at her.

HIS PRECIOUS SMILE! Again, Seulgi squeals inside.

"U-um...are you sure it's okay for me to leave? I mean I can hand the meeting to Bambam." PLEASE MAKE ME STAY HERE.

"Yeah that's okay, there's nothing much left to do." Jaebum replied. OMG HE CAN'T READ MY MIND.

"O-okay I'll go now, sunbae." Seulgi said as she started walking to the student body room.

If I could tell you the truth, I want you to stay here with me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I VOTE FOR HORROR THEME THIS MONTH!" Bambam shouted.

"NO!" Yeri shouted back at him.

"WHY???"

"WHO THE HELL WANTS TO READ THAT!" 

"STOP YOU GUYS!" Seulgi finally ended the other two's childish fight. They were discussing the theme for next month's e-magazine and it seems like Bambam was obsessed with the horror theme while Yeri...she's afraid of those things.

"We'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter