Chapter 3: In Between

And Then There Were Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

“I’m sorry that Kyuhyun reacted that way.” Eunhyuk hyung kept stealing glances at my direction, the trace of worry and uneasiness evident on his face.

Staring at the window and letting the lights flash by, I had no idea that it was already past 3 in the morning if it weren’t for the clock in hyung’s car. Up until now, the tears won’t stop falling and my heart keeps on sinking every second. The look on Kyuhyun’s face crept back to my mind- releasing a new wave of uncontrollable tears. As much as I want to get mad at him for reacting that way, I was the one to blame. If I didn’t act on my feelings, he wouldn’t be confused right now. Worst, he wouldn’t even have questioned his preference.

“It’s all my fault. I should have waited and made sure that the feelings were mutual before I said anything. Kyuhyun’s a mess right now thanks to me.” I sniffed and reached for more tissue from the box.

“Ryeowook, are you sure that you like Kyuhyun in a romantic way? When I spoke to Sungmin hyung, he told me that you were still not sure how you felt for him.” Eunhyuk hyung questioned me.

I took in the question with a deep sigh and pondered on it.

When I decided to move out of the dorm, it was because of the unsure feelings I was starting to have for Kyu. I wanted to put a stop to it and avoid the possibility of it developing into something more, like love. Having eyes your fellow member in that kind of light violates a lot of unsaid rules especially when your idol group is one of the most renowned in the industry. We will be the subject of harsh criticism that may lead to our downfall. I would be putting myself in a rather difficult situation if I lived with only him under one roof and it would be the ultimate test of controlling my emotions.  

“I don’t know, hyung. It was kind of spur-of-the-moment. I wasn’t sure of anything until he looked at me intently. That should have warned me to stop and distance myself from him but I took the risk, feeling sure that he was also confused with his feelings for me. Maybe the alcohol in my system pushed me to do it.” I admitted, not wanting to go into detail again.

Stupidity is definitely my best friend. Come on, Wookie. Kyuhyun is your closest friend. You should have known all this time that he is definitely straight.

But is it so wrong to want to confirm if I have chance with him?

“Maybe you’re just infatuated with him? Come to think of it, his face is starting to look weird and he’s getting uglier.” Eunhyuk was lying and it was obvious in his tone.

“Come on, hyung. We both know that’s not true. He’s actually getting hotter and hotter….UGH why am I even saying this?!” I bury my face in my palms.

“Honestly, I just said that to make you feel better. He does look hot these days.” Eunhyuk hyung laughed, probably enjoying my torture.  

“You should be helping me, hyung!” I slapped his shoulder and I managed to let out a giggle as well.

“Hey! I’m driving! Why does your house have to be so far?” He complained.

“Incheon is not that far from Seoul.” I argued.

“Yes it is. All the more if you were dragged out by your crying dongsaeng at an ungodly hour.”

“Sorry for troubling you, hyung. I just can’t stay there anymore. Especially not now that I know how Kyuhyun thinks of whatever this is.” The waterworks stopped a few minutes ago but it starting to go back to operation again.

Eunhyuk hyung let out a sigh and gave my shoulder a squeeze. It was comforting to know that he doesn’t think that this situation is odd.

“I’m so exhausted, hyung. My eyes are in pain and I’m already breathless from all the sobs but it just won’t stop.” For the first time that night, I let my body relax, closed my eyes, and hoped that sleep will come to me.

“Go to sleep, Wookie. Clear your head and just relax.” Hyung turned down the volume of the radio.

“Thanks, hyung. Wake me up when we get there.” With that, I hugged Eunhyuk hyung’s dog stuffed toy and eliminated the bad memories I just had with Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun’s POV

What have I done?

Nothing is making sense now. Absolutely nothing.

I didn’t mean to throw those hurtful words at him. Confusion and fear must have taken over me. I didn’t even want him to leave the room!

I have been lying in Sungmin hyung’s bed staring at the ceiling ever since Ryeowook left. The questions popping inside my head are endless and I do not have any idea how to answer all of them. All I know is I’ve wronged Ryeowook and I must do something to save whatever left’s between the two of us.

What is it exactly that the two of us have?

Before I come knocking on his door, I need to clear one thing up and that is my feelings for him. Do I just want to be friends with him or do I want us to be lovers?

I want something in between friendship and lovers.                                                           

A bigger part of my mind is voicing out the answer to my question but the other part contradicts it. There is no such thing as an “in between” relationship. It’s either you want to remain friends or you want to be more, at least that’s what I believe in. I am not the type who just fools around and even if I am, Ryeowook does not deserve to be treated that way. His heart is pure and full of love.

If I do decide that I want to be involved with him, do I still stand a chance? Oh God, the way I told him to stay away from me…aish! Kyuhyun you are the biggest jerk. Ryeowook probably doesn’t want to see my face ever again.

I need Ryeowook right now. This is a situation that involves two people, we need to talk this out.

Standing up from the bed, I feel my body wobble and my head hurt a bit. It must be the wine. Not letting it stop me, I make my way outside and head to Ryeowook’s room at the upper dorm.

Please, please, let me talk to you, Ryeonggu.

I kept on praying while the elevator brought me one floor up. My feet practically dragged me out of the elevator doors and pushed me towards Ryeowook’s room as I have no idea what to say to him. Should I ask him what he wants us to be? Will that question come on too strong? I placed a hand on my head, feeling the throb of pain grow with each question.

When I entered the dorm, I realized that Ryeowook’s door was slightly opened with the lights closed. Is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter