Chapter 2: Wine Night

And Then There Were Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Thanks for dinner, Ryeonggu.” I give him a sincere smile as we washed the dishes together. Seeing him act like a housewife got my mind going in a direction that was supposed to be forbidden. I suddenly have thoughts of going home to him after a long day at work, welcoming me with a warm hug and a peck on the lips.

“Aren’t we like a married couple washing the dishes together?” The words escaped my lips even before I can stop myself.

He laughed awkwardly and gave me a light push.

“W-wha-what are you talking about, Kyukyu?” He stammered, obviously surprised with my words.

When he looked up to my direction, I held his gaze and his smile faded. I was staring deeply into those mesmerizing eyes, letting myself drown in them while I debated if I should act on my feelings now. My eyes move down to his inviting lips, memorizing every curve and imagining how they would feel against mine.

I gulp and quickly go back to do the dishes upon realizing how inappropriate my thoughts were. What’s happening to me? Why am I like this towards him? Am I even g-ga-

I couldn’t bear to finish the words in my head. Just thinking about it is freaking me out. Don’t get me wrong, though. I am definitely not homophobic. I’m just not sure if I was already ready to accept the fact that my preference is changing. Oh Ryeowook, what have you done to me?

Slowly looking back at the man who has filled my mind, I notice that he was still in the same position- staring into thin air where my face was seconds ago. He then gave me a small smile and went back to finish the dishes.

“You’re so weird, Kyu.” He managed to let out a laugh. “If we were a couple, I refuse to be the girl.”

“Are you kidding me? You’re like the most feminine Super Junior member.” I assumed that he would drop the topic, but he didn’t. Well, isn’t this getting more awkward?

“So I’m the housewife who waits for my wine maniac of a husband to come home every night?” He led the conversation on, surprised that he was thinking of the same scenario.

I give him a chuckle instead of delivering a decent reply. Am I the only one who is making out the conversation as something that is weird? Wookie let his walls crumble down again and I should be happy that he was back to being comfortable around me. This is what I wanted, right? But why do I find the situation difficult all of a sudden?

We both remove our rubber gloves as we ended washing the pile of dishes of the 12th floor dorm. What now? I hurriedly think of what we should do next before the awkward silence fills the air.

“Speaking of wine, let’s have a drink tonight, Ryeonggu.” I invite him for a drink knowing that this is the only way I can calm down.

“But Kyu, don’t you need to wake up early tomorrow? You are so busy these days. Your album is about to come out, you’re shooting for your web drama and you’re also rehearsing for your concert. I think it would be best if you just rest.” The concerned Ryeowook resurfaced. I can’t deny that I always yearn for this side of him. Wookie taking care of me is one of the moments I cherish the most.

“All the more I should unwind and relax for a bit.” I reason out. “Please, Ryeonggu. You know that you’re my favorite drinking buddy.”

You’re my favorite. Period.

“B-but..”

He was about to argue back but I held his hand and gave him a sad puppy look.

“Please, oh, please, Ryeonggu.”

I just know that he will give in.

“Fine. Just stop showing me those puppy eyes. You look so ugly.” He said as a matter of fact.

“You’re the only person who has the guts to call me ugly.” I pull him out of the kitchen and made our way down to the 11th floor dorm.

“That’s what friends are for, Kyukyu.” He laughed. Ugh. Not that word again.

~~~

“When are you leaving for Switzerland?” We were both so busy with our individual activities that it took us a while before we can have a decent catch up session.  

“Tomorrow.” I checked the time and saw that it was past midnight already. “I mean later today.”

“What?!” He half-shouted. “And you still invited me for a drink?”

“I just wanted to hang out with you before I disappear again for a few days. Is that so bad?” I place my head on his shoulder, trying to act like a clingy person.

“It’s not like you won’t enjoy yourself there. Switzerland is one of the most beautiful countries and I can’t wait until Leeteuk hyung and I shoot our show there.” The three of us were chosen as Swiss Ambassadors and we were extremely honored. Unfortunately, I can’t join them for that show since I’ll be busy again during that time.

“I’m going there for a music video shoot. I won’t really get to roam around much.”

“It will be so awkward with Leeteuk hyung.” He blurted out and we laughed together.

“I wish I can come with you. It’s been a while since we travelled together, Ryeonggu, and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter