Chapter 23

Almost Heaven

Noh walked in with his sheepish grin and stopped at the end of Pete's bed. He gave his wai' for greeting while pointing to his side. “Good Evening, P', I'm Noh and this is my boyfriend, Phun.”

 

Phun who tagged along smiled politely while giving his wai'.

 

That is Ohm, my bestfriend.” Noh introducing Ohm while patting his shoulder.

 

Errr...that guy standing at the back there is our friend, Earn.” Noh was unsure how to introduce Earn to Push. He cannot exactly said that Earn was Pete's ex-boyfriend; he also cannot say that he is Pete's bestfriend. This grey relationship of them is a puzzle that he is not interested to solve.

 

Moreover, Noh is worried that he might say something unnecessary in this suddenly awkward situation.

 

Noh and the rest are curious to know what kind of relationship the older man has with Pete. This elegant man who is sitting by Pete's bedside seems too intimate with his patient to be called his personal doctor only, with the scene they witnessed just now.

 

Good Evening, Nong. I'm Push, Pete's very own 'guardian angel'.” Push introducing himself to Pete's friends while throwing naughty wink on Pete's way.

 

Pete mentally facepalmed himself at the exclamation and wants nothing more to do than hiding under his blanket right now.

 

Oh, my god! This man knows no shame and bounds for his flirtation and bold PDA.

 

Push corny lines made all of them cringed. With exception, of a broody man in the room.

 

Noh could not comprehended the older man and thought: 'What is wrong with this man? Does he has a bipolar personality? Just now the same man almost bite someone's head off seeing Pete's injury and now he is being too cheesy flirting with Pete.

 

Phun and Ohm snickered at the back with the cheesy remark.

 

Noh tried to keep a straight face but failed and chuckled at Push's introduction.

 

Noh tried to change the topic to their main focus now, “How are you feeling, Pete? That was a harsh blow that you received just now.” Noh asked worriedly on behalf of their friends.

 

The painkiller they gave me helped with the pain, I'm feeling slightly numb and muddleheaded right now.” Pete smiled reassuringly.

 

Phun interjected, “We're glad that you are safe. Everyone was panicked just now when that thug suddenly attack you. What actually happened?”

 

Push looked interestingly at the topic as he was also curious to know how Pete get involved in a brawl as it was unlikely with his calm and peace demeanor.

 

Pete looked down and played with the hem of his shirt while explaining; “There was this girl named Hannah who liked to get my number at the pub earlier.”

 

Ohm wolf-whistled while jokingly said, “Damn, this chic-magnet! How do you get them all?”

 

Everyone glared at Ohm's enthusiastic remark. Ohm raised his hand in surrender and apologized, “I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please continue with your story...”

 

Pete get back to his story, “She all of a sudden cried when we talked about his crush that she is trying to get over with. Then, the man in discussion appeared from nowhere and punched me because he thought I'm hurting the girl. That's how the fight started.”

 

Ouch! That must hurt.” Noh patted sympathetically on Pete's shoulder.


 

I’m sorry, P’. May I have a moment alone with Pete?” Earn intruded and asked permission for a private talk with the patient.


 

Push looked at Pete’s way asking his opinion telepathically. He looked back at Push and nodded to signal that it is fine to leave them alone.


 

Push rose from the bed and cleared his throat to hint for others to leave the room.


 

Noh wished to boost up Pete's spirit, “Get well soon, Pete. I pray for your quick recovery. I'll visit you again in Bangkok.”

 

Phun said, “Yeah, man. Take care of yourself. Before I forget, I'm sure the rest of our friend would like for you to recover soon. They are currently in the police station trying to clear this mess.”


 

Pete felt guilty ruining their night and apologized, “I'm sorry about tonight. I didn't see its coming.”


 

Ohm fist-bumped with Pete while said, “It's fine, man! None of it was your fault.” He continued cheekily, “I'll forgive you, Pete. If only, you teach me all the tricks you have in your sleeves to get all the girls.”


 

Phun and Noh slapped Ohm's head synchronously and warned, “Stop it, Ohm!”


 

Pete laughed at his friends antics and for a moment, felt much better that night after all the chaos he went through.