Chapter 13

Almost Heaven

Breakfast today was prepared by the cook. P’ Push decided to hire one since both Mook and I will be staying with him for a while. He joked that if he let us cook, it is only a matter of time that we will burn his house down. Can you believe him? He has so little faith on us... Grrrr...

 

P' Push knows us too well, actually based on past experience, if we are lazy, we tend to skip our meals or eat junk food. Hehehe... I think that is what he worries about... (^.^)


 

A week passed by since the reunion. A few of my friends have either called, or send me text to catchup. However, I did not hear anything from the obnoxious man. Earn... How's he doing anyway?


 

I spent time daydreaming about that gorgeous hunk with an attitude. Who taught him to French-Kiss like that? It seems that he had a lot of practices. Must be with his girlfriends... Damn this cheeky brat! I feel the urge to smack his head right now to vent my anger. Moreover, he must think that I'm lame and a bad kisser. So what, if I don't have that much of experience in this area... Sigh...


 

Pete ruffled his hair frustratingly, while both of his audiences at the breakfast table looked on amusingly. It is not often they have the chance to see Pete loosing his cool as he is always calm and collected. This is a rare sight.


 

Suddenly, his mobile phone rang and made Pete startled. The caller id shown that Noh is calling him. Hmm.. This is so unexpected, what he wants from me now?

 

Pete greeted politely, “Hi, Noh! How are you doing?”


 

Noh started; “Hi, Pete! I'm fine, thanks for asking. The reason I call you is because I want to invite you for a weekend getaway on Pong's behalf. Do you remember him? He is a small guy with black-rimmed glasses. Always a bid timid but overall a nice guy.”


 

Pete asked; “Yes, I remembered him. What's the occasion?”


 

Noh replied; “Pong is getting married to Nong Nan within a few days. Therefore we are going to organize a bachelor party for him at Hua Hin beach this weekend. Its a two days one night trip. Would you like to join us?”


 

Pete curiously asked, “ Who else is coming?”


 

Noh answered; “Phun and I, Ohm, Film, Fee, and also your old gang Por, and Card, and a bunch of other guys...”


 

Pete kept his tone light and tried to hint casually, “Anyone else is coming?”


 

Noh hesitatingly replied; “Hmm...In case if you are wondering, Earn can't make it that day. He has a prior engagement for a magazine's photoshoot.”


 

Pete tried to cover his disappointment from his speech. “I can't confirm right now. Let me consider first. I will let you know tomorrow.”


 

Noh reminded; “Don't forget to text me your answer tomorrow, Pete. I need to make the reservation. I really hope that you can join us. We can have so much fun together.”


 

Noh added before they ended the conversation. “One more thing Pete, before I forget... For our weekend getaway, strictly no girls are allowed, sorry...”