Chapter 17

Almost Heaven

Ohm trying to salvage the tense situation by suggesting for them to play limbo games.


 

The rest agreed to join the game, but Pete decided to withdraw from the game. He sat and watched the rest playing the games.


 

Earn decided to keep him company and excluded himself too.


 

They sat beside each other with two meter apart without saying anything. Pete kept his attention focused on the game and chuckled when he saw his friends fell trying to stretch their back while attempt to slid under the bamboo stick.


 

Pete was jealous seeing Phun and Noh's good relationship.

 

Noh who lost in their game of Rock, Paper, Scissors against Phun have to piggy-back his wet boyfriend on his back. Phun seemed like he was on top of the world at the moment; flaunting his happiness for everyone to see.


 

Earn keeps stealing glances at Pete and when he looked back, Earn looks away as though he was not looking.


 

Their tranquility was interrupted when their friends made a ruckus while they are playing in the water.


 

Por came out as the winner and they shown a splendid teamwork by carrying him off his feet and dunked the poor guy into the water.


 

Next, they switched their target to Pete and Earn's direction. Pete feeling alarmed, stand up and brushed off the sands from his shorts while backing away cautiously.


 

He was lifted up by Por and Card with his hand flailing helplessly asking for mercy. It went through deft ears and they dumped him into the water mercilessly.


 

Earn was in a good hand of Ohm, Noh and Phun, whom managed to lift him up after he struggled defensively against his predators. They dumped him into the water while chuckling evilly.


 

They ended up wet and covered with sands. They decided to take a quick clean-up at the open shower prepared there to wash away the sands before walking back to the hotel.


 

While Pete was leaning up on the tree to wait for his turn, he met Ohm, Noh's best friend.


 

Ohm's mischievous face was full of smiles and he was holding the volley ball. He made a beeline to him: “Pete, I heard that you have a hot girlfriend from America. You even brought her to the reunion party. How did you managed to score her, my man?”


 

Hot girlfriend? But Mook was not his girlfriend.


 

Pete who was leaning against the tree, curved the corner of his mouth and gave Ohm a thin smile.


 

He chose to avoid answering the question with Earn nearby and kept quiet. Ohm and he were not exactly in close term for them to discuss about his personal life.


 

Some of them took off their shirts before playing into the water just now. The rest took it off before hitting the shower.


 

Only Pete decided to take the shower with his shirt on.


 

Ohm questioned his action, but Pete just brushed it off saying that he will get too cold taking a shower without his shirt on.


 

Ohm can only scratched his head at Pete's oddity. Ohm forgot to bring along his towel and asked Pete to lend his.


 

After the quick shower, Pete passed his towel to Ohm then took big strides to the resort first.


 

The breeze made him feel a bit chilly so he hugged himself together while rubbing his arms to keep himself warm.


 

All of sudden, there was a coat draped on his shoulder. He turned with questioning look.


 

Earn gave a nonchalant look and said, “I'm sorry about just now. And use my coat,I don't want you to catch a cold.”


 

Pete was dumbfounded at Earn's caring gesture and did not managed to say anything before the man walked away coolly to return to their group of friends.


 

The fragrant smell of Earn's perfume mixed with his body's natural aroma on the coat lingered and gave Pete indescribable warmth in his heart.