1 장

Love Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jongin has never been the second best all his life.  Ever since he started going to school, he had always been first.  Not until she came. 

 

CHAPTER  1

 

Ever since I started going to school, I've always been on top. I always had the highest scores during classes and I had always been the best in sports. Many kids envy me since I'm the only heir of the Kim Corporations. I am wealthy. I am smart.. I am popular.. If the world was mine, I would be king. 

I really despise studying though. I'm too lazy for those kind of stuffs. Maybe I'm just too smart  for my own good for being able to get the highest scores with one or no mistakes out of the entire class. That's what I've always thought, not until the day I met her.

Among the entire class of rich students, she was the only one who looks poor. She's quite snobby. She's so quiet that you would even wonder if she was able to speak at all or not. My first impressions of her were somewhat on the negative side. But I never thought that she'd be the one who would beat me. 

It was during Math time when I started to hate her. I've always loved Math compared to the other subjects. The teacher was giving out the test papers that time and she announced that there was only one student who got the whole test perfect. 

"Kim Jongin-ssi. As expected of my top student."The  teacher said. And  being my confident self, I thought it was because I was the one who got the perfect score.. When I looked at my paper, I wasn't expecting it at all. 

"Hey Jongin, what score did you get?" my friend, Zelo, asked as he took the test paper I was holding out of my hands. 

"Woah! You did a great job Jongin! Too bad you got  it wrong in item number eight. But still, you have the second best score in the entire class." Second.... Second... Second... It sounded foreign to my ears. The word kept on repeating on my mind. I couldn't keep my mind out of it. How come I'm second? Then who's first if it's not me? I kept on asking myself. I was suddenly pulled out of my reverie when my teacher called her name. 

"Jung Soojung, congratulations for having the perfect score." The teacher said. Everybody gave her a round of applause except for me.

I hated her more during PE period. Who said boys are better than girls in sports? Well apparently, she did. If I'd remember it correctly, she said, "It doesn't mean that because you are boys that you're better in sports since you have much higher endurance than us girls. We can be better too." And I hated it more when she proved her words correct. She had beaten me once again, the school's champion in track and field.

 

I let her slide that day, thinking that it was all because of luck. But she had continuously beaten me in every subject and in every sport days after, that it came to a point that I finally had enough. The moment I got home, I asked my mother to hire me the best tutor she could find. To say that she was shocked  because of my sudden outburst was an understatement. I didn't thought I was dumb. I just wanted to beat her. I studied and studied. I didn't play with my frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter