Chapter 5

Love and Doubts

Wonwoo’s POV

 

Its been a week since Jun went to China to visit his parents. His parents last saw him when Jun introduced me to them. That stupid hesitated to go because he doesn’t want to leave me alone and even wanted me to go with him. But Im not that crazy to accept his offer so I refused saying that he and his family should bond.

 

But his absence made me realize how I depended on him a lot. Just like when I was getting my books on my locker, I have to try putting the combination 5 times before getting it right. Jun is always the one who will get it for me. It feels like a part of suddenly disappeared. Im not like this before I met Jun. I am the type of person who doesn’t care if someone would help me or not.

 

Then it hit me. I changed after meeting him.

 

“Ahh!”

 

Not again. “Sorry! Im so lost again” What a good way to start your day Jeon Wonwoo, you really is something huh?! This is so embarrassing! I was about to get up after picking up the things I dropped when a hand suddenly appeared in front of me. I looked up and saw the last guy I want to see right now.

 

“Again..”

 

Again? What does that mean?. I looked at him confused but Mingyu just smiled at me. I took his hand and stood up.

 

“why is it that I always see you being so lost in your own thoughts?”

 

Don’t worry Kim Mingyu I’m also asking that to myself. And you don’t know how embarrassing and annoying is that.

 

“Alone? I don’t see you that often on your locker, it’s always the Chinese dancer who will get your books. Where is he?”

 

What the heck?? How did he know that? Is he some kind of a stalker? But who’s stalker is he? Jun’s? or Mine? I want to ask those things to him but something is telling me that I should get away from him, so I continued to walk away.

 

“You two broke up?”

 

We…. Broke…….. Up? That stopped me from walking and turned around, facing him. I cant stand him being so nosy about my private life

 

“what did you said?”

 

“Im asking you if you’re still together with that guy”

 

His eyes. Its pretty. Making him look like a puppy, its different from the last time I saw him. But that is not the thing here.

 

“who said that to you?”

 

“I believe that my question is answerable by yes or no” and a smirk appeared on his face. What a jerk. tch

 

Fine. To end this nonsense conversation.  “We’ are still together. Happy? Satisfied?”

 

Mingyu’s face changed upon hearing my answer. His eyes. It’s the same look I saw when we are at the cafeteria “No.” then he walked past me as if he didn’t even saw me.

 

I look at him. err. His back I mean. What the hell is that guy’s problem? Why ask a question if you are not going to be satisfied with the answer! thinking about it is making my blood to boil. I can’t understand him.

_______________________

I thought that after the conversation they had a while ago would made Mingyu’s presence disappear just like how it was before. But Im wrong. I can feel him staring at me during our class and its just so creepy. I cant take it anymore! I faced him, and guess what? That giant just smirked at me. Making me roll my eyes before turning back at the professor at the front. And when Im so immersed with the lesson I felt my phone buzzed, I secretly opened the message.

 

From: Hoon

Lunch Together. Don’t say no.

 

As if I have other choices. Its also what I realized after Jun left. Im not used to eating by myself alone anymore. So I spent my lunch breaks at the library. I don’t want to eat with Jihoon and Soonyoung if Im not with Jun, I’ll just be third wheel to those two.

 

To: Hoon

Ok.

 

Lunch break.

 

I grabbed my things and quickly walked out of the room. I don’t want to see Mingyu. I’ve got enough of him for this day. Jihoon was outside our class with his arms crossed & his eyebrows furrowed, he is looking like he is ready to kill someone. I immediately went to him.

 

“Stupid Hoshi! Stupid! Stupid! STUPID!!!!!!!!!”

 

Jihoon’s sudden outburst made not only me but everyone in the hallway flinch. I tapped his shoulder carefully. Even if I learned hapkido when I was younger, I don’t want to mess with this evil guy

 

“H-Hey! You ok?”

 

“Do I look like Im ok?” he looked at me as if I have asked him about his height. So scary..

 

“Do you really want me to answer that?”

 

“Aish! Lets just go” He walked away first and I followed him from behind. I can still hear Jihoon muttering whatever he is saying a while ago. We walked straight to the cashier and ordered.

 

“So? What’s up?” I asked him as soon as we both sat down.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Yeah right. Say that to your murdered beef. Spill it”

 

“Its Soonyoung”

 

“Is he dead?” Jihoon threw a tissue at me. “What? Im just saying what you told me when I asked you where Jun is before. Ok let’s go back to the topic. So what’s the deal with Soonyoung?”

 

“Are you not confused why Im not with him right now?”

 

“Now that you’ve said it. Im confused.”

 

“He’s with DK, the new student. And we all know how friendly that idiot is so he volunteered to be DK’s guide” then Jihoon started to murder his food again.

 

“So why are you angry?” Jihoon looked at me as if I just asked him the most stupid question ever. “What?”

 

“He chose DK over me! We always make sure to eat lunch together except if he has  a competition to attend to. He even make sure to take a break during his practice just to eat with me. But where is he? Tss”

 

Oh.. that’s the reason why. This is one of the reason why I feel like there is something special going between them. Soonyoung ALWAYS eats lunch with Jihoon. He never missed a lunch break. And I think that Jihoon felt like Soonyoung is already getting tired of him.

 

“So you are angry because he is not with you? Or because he is with DK?”

 

“W-what?”

 

Jihoon was caught off guard. I got you right there Lee Jihoon.

 

“What is the real score between the two of you Jihoon?” This is the question that he have been avoiding ever since.

 

“I-I don’t know”

 

“You don’t know?

 

Jihoon puts his head down and kept quiet.

 

“You like him”

 

“No! what question is that”

 

“ That is not a question. That’s a fact. Oh come on Jihoon. We both know what you are feeling for your Hoshi”

 

Jihoon just sighed. we remained quiet for a moment, then out of a sudden the whole cafeteria was filled with a loud laughter. And since Im facing the direction of the cafeteria my eyes looked at it automatically.

 

Soonyoung is with a guy who I assumed is DK that Jihoon is talking about. Both of them are laughing. I am somewhat thankful that Jihoon is not facing the door and Im silently praying that Soonyoung wont see him. But as if on cue Soonyoung turned his head to him and started making his way to where we are sitting.

 

Soonyoung sat beside Jihoon making him shocked. DK sat beside me.

 

“Hey Guys! Wonwoo this is DK he is a new student and I’m touring him around the school”

 

I nodded. I already know him. I kept on looking at Jihoon who is busy staring at soonyoung. Oh boy.. This is going to be so bad. Jihoon suddenly sprinted out of the cafeteria. Soonyoung left flustered.

 

“What happened to him?”

 

I shrugged, I don’t want to say anything to you Kwon Soonyoung, But there is one thing that Im sure of.. You are so dead Kwon.