And then I met you: 08

And then, I met you

ATIMY // 08

 

Wonwoo didn't know how it turned out like this; he nuzzledcloser to Mingyu's nape involuntarily, inhaling his fragrant smell. Was it the shampoo? Cologne perhaps? He smelled sweet and strong definitely manly but the older couldn't figure out what it really was.

 

"I am well aware that I smell pretty good and if you're wondering, its my shampoo. Its called Rock my head. How appropriate right?" Mingyu suddenly said which made Wonwoo snap out of his trance.

 

"W-what are you talking about?" he asked, feeling his blood rush up to his face.

 

The city boy let out a scoff at the other's reaction, "You, Wonwoo, were smelling me like a freaking ert."

 

The daycare teacher could practically see Mingyu's smug smile from the tone of his voice. He decided it would be  better  if he stayed quiet to avoid further remarks from the arrogant boy- cough. Mingyu. 

 

There was no sign of Jungah halmeoni around the house so Mingyu figured she must've went somewhere. Wonwoo, on the other hand couldn't wait to get away from leave Mingyu's back. When he was finally let down the sofa, he released a sigh of relief, giving him the chance  to calm his beating heart. This relief didn't last long though for Mingyu was back after a minute or two, bending down on one knee and took the older's injured foot.

 

He slightly moved the injured man's foot and the said person let out a low hiss, "You should've been careful if you can't tolerate pain well, you clumsy being."

 

Wonwoo kept quiet like he was a child being scolded. The younger gently and slowly rotated his foot, adding pressure more and more until he unexpectedly pulled it.

 

"! Mingyu!"

 

Mingyu laughed and immediately put an improvised ice pack over Wonwoo's reddening foot. The latter panted to recover from his mini heart attack before shoving Mingyu aside, "What was that!?"

 

"That was me trying to relocate your dislocated foot, idiot." The younger rolled his eyes and started doubting how Wonwoo became a teacher because sometimes, he can be slow.

 

-

 

For the next three days, Wonwoo felt like some kind of royalty, having the city boy doing everything for him. It felt great because for once, he seemed superior to Mingyu.

 

On the fourth day, he was awakened yet again by the smell of fried chicken. Though it wasn't really an ideal breakfast, it smelled good and he was hungry. He sat up slowly and scanned his room and saw Mingyu close the door.

 

"Morning, sleepy head." Wonwoo blink. Was he hallucinating? Why was Mingyu shining?

 

Wonwoo nodded and rubbed his eyes. The younger approached the bed while chuckling as Wonwoo's hair was sticking up in all directions possible. He ruffled the injured man's hair and was pretty surprised. Wonwoo's hair was soft.

 

"Hey, you're hair is soft. I like it!" he said nonchalantly.

 

"T-thanks!" Wonwoo thanked with a slightly high pitched voice.

 

"So.. how's your foot?" Mingyu asked and set the tray of food on the other's bed side table.

 

"Its good, doesn't hurt that much anymore. I can pretty much walk on my own now." the older proudly said and moved to face the table,

 

"I'm gonna go back to the day care today."

 

"What!? You can't. You'll get yourself even more hurt so no."

 

The teacher's eyes widened at the other's strong opposition, "Excuse me?"

 

"I said you can't go. Your foot is not fully healed yet and you're limping. You'll be a bother in there." Mingyu rephrased.

 

"I told you I'm fine! I can walk already!" Wonwoo reasoned. Mingyu could hear his heavy breathing, he could tell that the other had his cheeks puffed with air.

 

Mingyu vision turned weird; he saw Wonwoo having those cute puppy eyes and couldn't resist. Maybe he scolded him too much, "Alright, okay. But I'm coming with you. You never know when you need someone out there and I just don't think Seokmin nor Soonyoung can handle you."

 

Wonwoo finally grinned. He took a bite of the chicken, "Oh!  This is good!"

 

"You can't just eat chicken! You need to eat this speciur seaweed soup too. I made it for ya." Wonwoo wasn't listening so Mingyu took the dish  himself and fed Wonwoo.

 

"Ya- yah!" Wonwoo shoved Mingyu away, luckily, the latter didn't spill food anywhere. "I'm your hyung! Call me hyung!" He pointed at the younger accusingly.

 

Mingyu only laughed and shoved a spoonful of soup inside Wonwoo's mouth, "Yeah, sure. But I'm taller than you."

 

The dark haired boy quickly swallowed the soup and fired back, "Height has got nothing to do with this!"

 

Mingyu brushed him off, "Whatever! Finish your food and get ready. We'll go out after you eat."

 

"Fifteen minutes?! But-"

 

"One minute down, Wonwoo." the city boy warned with his big canined grin.

 

Wonwoo couldn't reason back. He munched on his last piece of chicken and got out of bed to get ready. For the first time in his twenty-one years of existence, Jeon Wonwoo completed (rushing and imperfect) getting ready. By the end of their promised time, the two met downstairs.

 

The light haired male checked his non-existent watch and turned to the teacher, "You did well, Wonu!" He praised using a sing-song voice.

 

"Stop treating me like a child!" Wonwoo pouted, "I'm twenty-one years old, for God's sake!"

 

Mingyu smiled. A very charming smile. Slowly he leaned closer to Wonwoo- closer and closer. Wonwoo didn't know what to do, he started panicking inside. After realising what might happen, he closed his eyes tightly and waited. He felt a hand brush his hair. When he opened his eyes, he saw a grinning Mingyu.

 

"Your hair is sticking up right here." The taller male mentioned and straightened the other's hair.

 

The light haired boy internally facepalmed upon feeling his cheeks heat up. I freaking thought he was going to kiss me! Jeon, snap out of it!

 

"Ready to go?" Mingyu asked, still wearing that 'cocky' smile.

 

"Yeah."

-

 

After having lunch at Jam-jam's, the 'family' decided to stroll down the park which made little Sunghoon much excited, jumping up and down while holding both his parents' hands.

 

"I want Cheol appa to push me there!" Sunghoon demanded while pointing to the swings.

 

"Should I?" Seungcheol grinned.

 

"Yes, yes, yes! Umma, I can right? Can I, please?"

 

"Alright but don't play too hard okay? Make sure you hold on tight. After this, we're going home for dinner. I'm going to cook spicy braised chicken." Jihoon nodded and ruffled his son's hair.

 

"Spicy braised chicken!" Seungcheol and Sunghoon exclaimed simultaneously.

 

When both realized that they have the same favorite, they giggled and raced towards the swings. Seungcheol intentionally lost for the sake of hearing his son's laughter and Jihoon followed behind with a small smile.

 

The twenty-two year old carried the toddler up to sit. He started pushing the swing and as the ride rocked back and forth, Jihoon sat down beside his son as well. Seungcheol looked different- he looked like an experienced father.

 

Even though the pink haired male said it would be better for them not to get back together, the taller male thhought differently. He and Jihoon should get back together and he wasn't going to take a no for an answer. He terribly missed the other's existence and now that he had found him, he wasn't going to let him go. Not now, not ever. He'd do everything, even if he had to start from scratch.

 

"Appa! You gotta push umma too! Its so fun!" Sunghoon mumbled.

 

"Umma is too old for this, baby." Jihoon answered. The toddler's face fell and he pouted. Seeing this kicked-puppy-in-the-rain-face, Seungcheol just had to cheer him up.

 

The adult walked a bit closer to the pink haired boy. He poked his shoulder and received a glare but he smiled awkwardly. He whispered, "Hey, you're never too old for fun swings and playground. I mean few swings wouldn't hurt, right? Besides, we don't want Sunghoon getting sad. Don't we?"

 

Seeing his son's dejected face, Jihoon felt something pull at his heart. He hated to admit that the other was right even though he was. Jihoon didn't want his son to be sad either.

 

Jihoon poked Sunghoon's arm and the child looked at him. "Alright. I'll ride this with you, but only for a bit. Is that okay?"

 

A big grin replaced the toddler's frown. "Its okay! Yes!" he answered. With that, Seungcheol literally gave himself a pat on the shoulder and smiled.

 

After giving a warning, he pushed both of the riders on the swing. Sunghoon's giggles were like music to his ears and although Jihoon was silent, he was pretty sure that the other was enjoying him too.

 

Of course, he was right. Jihoon's lips formed a smile. Being with Sunghoon was his happiness and if the latter was sad, Jihoon couldn't take it.

 

"Having fun, buddy?" Seuungcheol asked while watching both swings move.

 

"Yes!" Came Sunghoon's answer.

 

"And you, Jihoonie?"

 

Hearing that nickname after a very long time made Jihoon's heart beat a little faster. Instead of anwering, he only gave a nod, afraid his voice might betray him. He convinced himself that the cause of his beating heart was the adrenaline from the ride. Seungcheol smiled to himself and let Jihoon off.

 

-

 

Going home together with Jihoon and Sunghoon brightened the twenty-two year old's mood considerably high. While walking, he started imagining things like going home together hand in hand and going to parks for picnics everyday.

 

"Yay! We're home!" Sunghoon ran in the living room and took his toys out before calling Seungcheol to play.

 

"Go ahead, you can play with him while I prepare dinner." Jihoon adviced while setting his shoes aside.

 

"Can I help you with anything?" the taller asked.

 

"I can do it by myself, thanks. You can just go play with Sunghoon." After saying what he wanted to say, Jihoon walked away to the kitchen.

 

Seungcheol watched him leave then he walked over to the kid, "Oh my! There's so much toys!"

 

Sunghoon giggled at his reaction and gave him toys so they could play together. After some time, the toddler got tired and found refuge in Seungcheol's hand, snuggling him. The adult pet the child's hair and enjoyed that moment. Suddenly, both guys smelled the delicious dinner on the process, they locked eyes before running to the kitchen.

 

"Umma! Is it ready yet?" The kid asked and hugged Jihoon's leg.

 

"Yes it is! Why don't you go wash your hands and sit down, Hoonie?" Jihoon grinned.

 

Once everyone was seated, Jihoon tapped his son's hand on the table before looking at Seungcheol. "Um.. Sunghoonie, what do you think about Seungcheol hyung?" he asked, a little bit hesitant.

 

Sunghoon tilted his head a bit; a sign telling he was thinking. "Well, I like Cheol appa!" he cheerfully answered.

 

Jihoon sighed at the simple answer. He then held the child's hand and talked again, "Then... How would you feel if I told you... Seungcheol hyung is your real appa?"

 

Silence filled the room as Jihoon and Seungcheol waited nervously for an answer. Seungcheol felt like time stopped, he was especially scared to hear his son's answer. What if Sunghoon gets too shocked to answer or what if he hate him because he had been missing out of his life for a very long time?

 

Turns out, he didn't need to worry anout anything when the child finally answered.

 

"I know." Sunghoon grinned, his eyes closing slightly, creating a crescent shape.

 

-


A/N: Its been soooooooo long! I'm sorry guys! How have you been? I just want to tell you readers, I'm not abandoning this fic, I love this so much okay?
Now, I hope this update made up for my absence ><
Thanks for staying with me! I love you all!
Thanks for waiting! To new readers, please give this story lots of love by subscribing, recommending, upvoting and commenting!
 
SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
-ellemoonbin ♡