And then I met you: 10

And then, I met you

ATIMY // 10

A/N: Hello hello everyone! I missed you all so much! I'm sorry, I haven't updated in so long! I have no excuses, it's just that I haven't has the motivation to continue this story but now, I think I am ready! I will somehow fix this story as it goes on. Most of you might not remember this story anymore but to those of you who still do, thank you for waiting for me!

As always, this isn't proofread  ><

Now, I'll shut up and let you read! Enjoy~! ^^
~ ellemoonbin ❤️

- - -

After all the kids were picked up from the daycare, Wonwoo can't help but feel very anxious walking behind Mingyu on their way home. Somehow, his brain can't help but think about the recent event which caused a lot of happy giggles. I have been robbed he thought.

"Hey! If you don't walk faster, we might miss grandmother’s green onion pancakes so hurry up before Seungcheol gobbles all of it!"

"I-I'm walking as fast as I can!" Wonwoo replied, almost running behind the younger, annoyed. "You're too fast! Can you slow down and maybe wait for me?"

"I told you, Seungcheol-hyung might inhale everything and won't left any!" Mingyu whined and walked faster.

Wonwoo grumbled but jogged faster anyway.

Both arrived home a few minutes later and were greeted by the appetizing smell of green onion pancakes.

"Grandmother, we're home. And wow! Those look delicious!" Mingyu greeted as he looked at the multiple pancake pieces.

"You go call Wonwoo so both of you could sit down and eat." Grandmother announced and transferred the last piece of the said snack onto the tray.

Mingyu found Wonwoo lying down on the sofa and staring into space. He walked towards the older and crossed his arms on his chest.

"Grandmother said to come and eat snacks. We're lucky, Seungcheol-hyung isn't here yet." The taller male announced.

Wonwoo doesn't seem to hear what he was saying. So he shook the other and woke him up from his daydreaming.

Wonwoo stared at Mingyu and observed his face but then his eyes slowly traveled down the younger's mouth. He felt like his own lips are getting warmer. And then, Mingyu shook him. Oh goodness! Did I just stare at Mingyu's lips?! Wonwoo, you idiot! Stop thinking about bizarre things!

"I-I'm sorry... What were you saying?" Wonwoo stuttered.

"I said come to the kitchen now. We're eating onion pancakes! Seungcheol-hyung isn't here yet so I'm going to eat as much as I can. If you stay here, more for me!" Mingyu babbled excitedly and made his way back to the kitchen.

Wonwoo gasped and ran after Mingyu, "You're not getting any of my share!"

Mingyu laughed loudly as he sat down and Wonwoo followed, immediately taking a pair of chopsticks from the side. The three of them, including Jungah-halmeoni ate to their hearts' content.

Seungcheol arrived a few hours just in time for dinner and greeted them.

"I'm home!" He said.

"Hyung! You're just in time for dinner! Too bad, though. You missed grandmother's onion pancakes, so good!" Mingyu grinned.

"Ah, Seungcheol! You're home." The elderly acknowledged. "I'll get you a plate."

Before Jungah could stand up and get a plate, Seungcheol stopped him. "It's alright, grandmother. I already ate." He grinned.

"Where'd you eat, hyung?" Mingyu asked as he put the steamed rice in the middle of the dining table.

"I was at Jihoon's." Seungcheol's grin became wider.

"You were at Jihoon's?" Wonwoo asked.

"Oh, yeah." Seungcheol answered, "Sunghoon was discharged and he's coming to Manse starting from tomorrow. Which reminds me. Wonwoo, Manse is taking volunteers, right?"

"We do, but you have to come in for an interview first. No papers necessary, though. Just your Identification card." Wonwoo nodded after putting the last pair of chopstick on the table.

"Can I come by tomorrow? I want to play with Sunghoon!" Seungcheol exclaimed like an excited child.

"I can't be too sure about that, hyung. Normally, the owner has to interview you first but she's currently sick. And we can't interview you because we're but teachers there." Wonwoo smiled apologetically.

Upon hearing the new, Seungcheol's mood faltered, "oh..."

"You don’t have to worry about that, dear. You can go ahead and participate tomorrow. I'll personally tell the owner about you! I'm sure Kahi will agree." The elderly smiled and pat his back.

"For real!?" Seungcheol gasped, "Thank you so much grandmother!" He giddily gave Jungah a tight hug.

"I think Seunghceol-hyung is acting too excited just to play with a child." Mingyu commented on the side and watched his cousin skipping away from the kitchen, perhaps to go to his room.

"Stop talking while you're filling up your mouth with an indescribable amount of food, you pig!" Wonwoo laughed.

"Don't insult me!" Wonwoo fired back, "At least I have meat in my body. You, on the other hand is an skinny as my chopstick!"

After hearing this, Wonwoo began talking about how Mingyu needed to address him politely and call him hyung because he's older.

"If you weren't as  handso—I mean, if you weren't taller than me, I could have strangled you right now!"

"Wait, wait! Could you repeat that?" Mingyu intervened.

"How am I supposed to repeat all that?!" The older of the two questioned beyond belief.

"No, just the last part! You think I'm handsome?" Mingyu wiggled his brows.

The black-haired male opened his mouth to retort something back but when he was at a loss for words. So, he closed his mouth and looked away, "I didn't say anything."

"Grandmother, you heard it, right? He thought I was handsome!" The youngest asked.

Jungah nodded wordlessly and shook her head, "You boys should stop your yelling while were eating. Aigoo. But, yes. I think I heard Wonwoo say the word."

"You think I'm handsome huh? Don’t think about me too much or you're gonna fall for me even more." Said handsome guy smirked and continued eating.

On the other side of the table, Wonwoo internally cursed. Why did you say that, stupid! After this, he's not gonna let me see the end of it. Arrogant brat.

Thump thump. His heart beat sped up. He sneakily took at peak at Mingyu and as if naturally, his eyes traveled down to the younger's lips again. This is not good. Stop it, Wonwoo. Stop beating so fast, heart!

- - -

On the next day, Seungcheol woke up first and immediately got ready. By the time Wonwoo woke up, he was already trying out different kinds of outfits. After deciding on a simple white button-up with a baby blue cardigan and a pair of whitewashed jeans, he went downstairs and met Wonwoo in the kitchen.

"What a good morning, huh?" He smiled and almost startled Wonwoo.

"Hyung, aren’t you too early?" Wonwoo eyed the older from head to toe and felt the need to comb through his bird's nest hair.

" I didn’t want to be late." The older shrugged.

"It's five in the morning, hyung. We're not supposed to go until the next hour and a half. Mingyu isn’t even awake yet." Wonwoo chuckles at the others obvious excitement.

"Ah~ I can't wait to see Sunghoonie!"

Before Wonwoo could ask further, the older already disappeared from his sight. He made a mental note to ask about it later.

Seungcheol patiently waited and counted each second until he hears Mingyu shuffling downstairs to the bathroom, probably to get ready. He looked towards the wall-clock. Six-thirty. Fifteen more minutes until they leave.

Thanks to his patience, Choi Seungcheol was able to wait for time. When Wonwoo announced their leave, he immediately stood up and followed the young teacher.

When they got there, the other teachers were already taking children in one by one. But as they approach the day care center, he doesn’t see his little ball of sunshine.

After a few minutes though, a familiar figure approached the vicinity. It was Jihoon.

Seungcheol ran up to the entrance, not even bothering to tie his shoes and opened his arms wide for a racing toddler towards his direction.

"Appa!" Little Sunghoon jumped into his father's arms.

Jihoon followed suite and bowed to Seungcheol slightly. Then, he walked towards the other teachers and gave them Sunghoon's bagpack containing his daily daycare essentials. He then came back to the entrance where the father and son was.

"Baby, I'm going now. Be good okay? Mama loves you!" Jihoon caressed his son's face and pecked his forehead.

"Sunghoonie will be fine because appa is here!" His son grinned.

"Yeah, don't worry. I’ll look after out Sunghoon, so there's no need to worry." Seungcheol expressed and kissed his son's cheek.

Our Sunghoon, Jihoon thought.

"Anyway, I've put everyhting in his bag. If there happens to be an emergency, Manse has my contact information. I have to go now." Jihoon advised and waved his hands as he walked away from the day care center.

I'm gonna have to get Jihoon's phone number from Wonwoo. "Looks like it's just us two now, huh? We'll have lots of fun, love." The young father promised and walked inside.

Sunghoon greeted all his friends and bragged about finally meeting his father. The toddler pointed his little fingers towards him several times each time a new friend arrives. The young father watched his son with a proud grin.

"So, Sunghoonie is calling you appa?" Wonwoo asked, which startled the older.

"Yeah." Seungcheol nodded, "Can you believe it? After all this time, the love of my life is here with our little bundle of sunshine. I just can't believe I met them here."

"Love of your... You're Jihoonie's husband!?" Wonwoo seems to have attracted the kids' attention but Seungcheol was fast enough to cover his mouth.


"Shush you!" When Wonwoo nodded, the slightly shorter male removed his palm on the younger's mouth. "It is a bit complicated but I can't tell you right now. We're on duty. And if I tell you now without Mingyu, he is going to sulk for ages. I'll tell you both at home, okay?"

Wonwoo nodded his head. The striking similarities between the two seemed more apparent now. They look like one another.

"By the way, can you give me JIhoon's number?"

"You don’t have it?" Wonwoo raised an eyebrow.

"I told you it's complicated, right? I just... I want to fix whatever went wrong between us and this lack of communication is not helping me achieve that." Seungcheol's eyebrows furrowed.

Sensing the desperation from his hyung's voice, Wonwoo agreed. "I'll give it to you after we close."

The day went well. Seungcheol played lots with his son as well as the other kids. Man! Those kids sure knew how to tire a guy out. Even though he felt exhaustion, Seungcheol thought it was all worth it. Seeing his son smile is enough to wash all the tiredness away.

At the end of the day, When the other kids parents' starts flocking in, Seungcheol sat down the wooden bench in front with Sunghoon and waited for Jihoon together.

"How was today, love?" He asked and fixed Sunghoon's messy hair from nap time.

"Today is fun!" The little one exclaimed. "But it could be even more more more fun if mama was here! We could sing together and dance together."

"Mama has to work for you, baby. You know that, right? I'm very proud of you because you're a very good son for mama." Seungcheol praised and thumbed his son's cheek.

"Why can't you come live with us papa?" Curious eyes stared back at Seungcheol.

"I.. It's complicated at the moment, baby. But I promise, I'll try hard so mama and I couold talk properly about this. However, keep it a secret okay?" Seungcheol smiled.

"Secret? Why?" The infant asked.

"If mama knew I want to live together, he will be very surprised and might reject me. So we keep quiet, okay?" Seungcheol explained.

The child doesn't seem to have understood it but he nodded nonetheless because he wants his mama and papa to stay with him in the same house all the time.

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit late." Jihoon appeared suddenly, panting.

"Mama!" Sunghoon grinned and ran towards his mother.

"I'm sorry, baby. I had to change a song suddenly." JIhoon bent his knees to meet his son's eye level.

The little child shook his head and smiled, "That's okay! Papa waited with me."

Jihoon glanced to where Sunghoon's fingers pointed to. Seungcheol smiled. Jihoon smiled back. He carried his son and walked towards Seungcheol, who also stood up and took Sunghoon's bagpack.

"Thanks for looking after him today." Jihoon timidly smiled.

He was a lot more beautiful up-close. Seungcheol managed to stir away from his thoughts and handed back his son's bagpack. "No worries, I want to spend more time with Sunghoon anyways. And you too."

"I- um.." Jihoon cleared his throat, "Yeah, okay. Well, we better go. I have to prepare dinner."

"Yeah." Seungcheol smiled fondly at both of them, "Goodnight."

- - -

When Jihoon finished tucking his son to bed and washing the dirty dishes, he showered and got ready for bed. When he was about to switch the lights off, he heard his phone vibrate against his desk.

He approached the device. It was a text message from an unknown number. Due to his curiosity, he opened it.

"To the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on, sweetdreams. <3 – Seungcheol"

Jihoon's felt his whole body warm up. He threw his phone on the bed and turned the lights off. He climbed up the bed and shut his eyes.

What's wrong with my heart?