And then I met you: 04

And then, I met you

ATIMY // 4

 

After Jihoon and Sunghoon had left, Seungcheol slumped back slumped back to his bed, the sleepiness he felt a while ago was all gone and he was bored t bits. He opened his phone and checked out his photos. He had been taking pictures of everything and anything eversince they arrive. Browsing through each one of the images somehow made him smile. The province was very calm and it was relaxing. Tall green grasses surrounded the small land and there were crops in almost everyone's backyard.

 

After a few more slide of his finger, he came across today's photos. He had pictures of Seungkwan, Myungho... basically everyone but of course, he couldn't not have a picture of his favourite toddler. He viewed Sunghoon's smiling image with a wide smile repeatedly.

 

He zoomed in at the child's picture too much that it only showed his nose, feeling a bit childish, "Hmm... we have the same eye colour."

 

Seungcheol squinted his eyes at another laughing picture of the kid, "We both have cute dimples too!" He chukled. "He's so cute! I miss him already."

 

Sunghoon looked a lot like Seungcheol when he was young. If he didn't know better, he would've thought that the child was his son. He locked his phone and sat up. He just thought of the greatest idea ever. The excited adult grinned and ran downstairs to look for Wonwoo. Fortunately, he saw the daycare teacher in the kitchen.

 

"Wonwoo!" he called.

 

"Oh, hyung! What's up?"

 

Seungcheol pulled a chair for himself and sat in front of the younger. The latter set his pen down the table and looked at him, waiting for him to speak up.

 

"I miss Sunghoon already and I want to go visit him tomorrow." Seungcheol grinned and looked at Wonwoo expectantly.

 
"Hyung, you just saw him today. And stop acting cute, that's gross." the younger laughed which made the other a bit flustered. "So? Why are you talking to me when you should be planning what to do?"
 
"That's why I'm talking to you right now Wonwoo-yah!" he exclaimed and pulled his chair closer to the table, "I don't know what to bring! I mean I'm visiting right? So its polite to bring something, right?"
 
"How about fruits then?" Wonwoo asked after thinking for a bit.
 
"Oh... I think that's good. Which fruits are available these days anyway?" the older asked while slightly tapping his cheeks.
 
"There are a lot of fruits these days. There are especially lots of plums but I don't think you should buy that because Sunghoon's allergic—"
 
"Wait, wait, wait!" Seungcheol interrupted before Wonwoo could even finish his sentence. "The child is allergic to plums?!"
 
"Uh, yeah..." Wonwoo nodded.
 
That's weird... I'm allergic to plums too.
 
Then it hit him. It could be possible! Maybe... Maybe Sunghoon was his son. There are a lot of possibilities that could prove it. They look alike; they have the same features; they're both allergic to plums.
 
Jihoon left three years ago after they proved their love to each other. It could be that Jihoon left because he was scared of Seungcheol's rejection (Not that he ever will). His face lit up and suddenly, he found hope.
 
"Thanks, man! Goodnight!" he pat the younger's shoulder and left him like that. Confused.
 
-
 
Seungcheol woke up late which was normal because he was a deep sleeper. He decided to go for a walk just to breath in fresh air and maybe take a few more pictures along the way. Everything was still shocking to him. Seeing his lost love here, Jihoon having a child that could possibly be his too and Jihoon probably have a boyfriend— or worse, fiancé.
 
While thinking about these, he stumbled and realized that someone bumped onto him. He eyed the stranger. He had big eyes that were slightly drooping, brown-ish hair, pale skin and a bit shorter than Seungcheol.
 
"I'm sorry!" the stranger bowed.
 
"Its okay, man. I'm sorry too. I guess I wasn't very awake yet." Seungcheol smiled reassuringly.
 
"I'm really sorry..."
 
"Hey, Its okay." he chuckled, "I haven't seen you around here... uh?"
 
"Jisoo. I'm Jisoo. I work in the city. I only come home for two or three days but I lived here longer. It is I who haven't seen you anywhere here before." Jisoo explained. His eye-smile definitely showing brightly.
 
"Ah, how rude of me. I'm Seungcheol by the way. Nice to meet you. Well? we just arrived here last week actually. We're here for some kind of vacation." The taller nodded.
 
Jisoo nodded back in understanding, "You heading this way?"
 
"I don't have anywhere particular to go to honestly."
 
"Oh, how about coming with me? I should at least invite you to some coffee. I mean as an apology, you know." Seungcheol thought a coffee wouldn't be bad considering he haven't had breakfast yet.
 
"Sure, i guess. As long as you don't mind."
 
On the way, Seungcheol glanced at Jisoo from time to time. He couldnmt help but admire the other because he knew what life was like in the city. It was loud and noisy and sometimes stressful. If he hadn't accepted his dad's invitation to go with him three years ago, would he and Jihoon still be together?
 
"....cheol... Seuncheol!"
 
"Huh?"
 
"You were spacing out. What's the matter?" the two became comfortable after getting to show each other a little bit better. They were the same age anyway.
 
"I'm sorry. I'm fine, I just... I think I really need a cup of coffee." he chuckled in response, making Jisoo laugh along with him too.
 
"Alright! We're almost there. That's where I live." Jisoo pointed to a somewhat familiar house. Seungcheol thought he had seen it before but he wasn't entirely sure since some province houses looked a bit alike.
 
They stopped at a house and walked in. Seungcheol stayed behing Jisoo. He just realized, this was Jihoon's house!
 
"I'm home!" his new friend announced and invited him inside.
 
"This is Jihoon's house."
 
"You know Jihoonie? Wow! I guess we're kind of fated to meet sooner and later!" Jisoo grinned.
 
"Soo-appa!" came a booming voice from a child running towards Jisoo.
 
"There's my little man!" Jisoo crouched down and hugged the kid, ruffling his hair in the process too.
 
"Cheol-appa is here too!" said the little boy and he giggled from too much excitement.
 
fate he thought. He just met Sunghoon's Soo-appa and probably Jihoon's boyfriend. He suddenly felt so awake that maybe he didn't need caffeine anymore.
 
"Jisoo! You're... home." Jihoon's cheery voice fell when he saw Seungcheol.
 
"Jihoonie~ I invited him here and looks like you know each other already!" Jisoo smiled, oblivious at the awkward atmosphere.
 
"Jisoo, I just remembered, Jungah halmeoni needed me for something... Yeah, uh, thank for the invite but I probably should go now." Seungcheol lied. His eyes shaking and tried to avoid Jihoon's gaze because Jihoon knew of this habit.
 
"See you later Sunghoonie. Bye bye!" Before they could even respond, Seungcheol disappeared.
 
He ran away. Maybe he was a coward. No, scratch that. He was a coward. He didn't want to see Jihoon be happy with someone else. He suddenly got irritated with Jisoo for no particular reason. He actually admired the guy but if he continued to watch them together, he knew his heart would hurt more and more.
 
Seungcheol ran until his feet hurt and until he panted for air. When he stopped, he observed his surroundings and noticed that he already passed by their house. The tall male felt hunger and decided to go home for now to eat because apparently without food, he could get dizzy.
 
-
 
Monday had always been a boring day for Wonwoo. One, he had the day off (Soonyoung and Seokmin were taking over the daycare) and two, he didn't have work so he couldn't see the kids. The same reasons but different. Maybe he'd make more tomato juice.
 
Wonwoo woke up early but stayed in bed until around eight. He kept staring at the white ceiling like it was the most interesting thing on earth. When he had enough and got bored, he went to the bathroom to get ready for the day and went to the kitchen afterwards for some breakfast. He then saw Jungah halmeoni and Mingyu cooking something smelled unbelievably great.
 
"Good morning halmeoni~" he greeted while walking towards the dining table.
 
"Good morning Wonwoo. Slept well?" Mingyu asnwered instead but his tone was a bit cocky in Wonwoo's opinion.
 
"I see, you're a halmeoni now. That explains why you're wearing a rather girly apron." the older laughed his off as he watched the other's face turn red.
 
Kim Mingyu: 1
Jeon Wonwoo: 1
 
"We're having Mingyu's first cooking. Fried eggs and bacon. He tried making rice too! Yah, this kid's a fast learned!" grandma, praised Mingyu proudly ad laughed.
 
Wonwoo's face turned a light shade of pink when Mingyu set the plates. The eggs and bacon were cooked perfectly. Mingyu was definitely a fast learner but somehow Wonwoo couldn't see the satisfaction from the other's face.
 
On the contrary, Mingyu was proud about about learning how to cook. He was extremely bored and he missed the loud city life. He missed driving his babies and going to clubs for fun. Thinking about participating in car racing made him excited but knowing he had to stay here made his mood drop down six feet below. He wanted to go home.
 
Seungcheol didn't join them for breakfast. According to Jungah, he was busy snoring in bed.
 
The kitchen was filled with silence as the three of them eat. There was this unusual aura surrounding Mingyu but that didn't stop him from inhaling food. He ate like he was starved for like a week. He just finished his third bowl of rice and was going to get another bowl.
 
"Do you have three more people living inside your stomach?!" Wonwoo spat before eating his last spoon of food.
 
Mingyu only glared at him and ignored his remark. The younger wasn't in a good mood and when Kim Mingyu was not in a good mood, he needed to eat.
 
They finished at around ten-thirty because Jungah talked to them a lot. Wonwoo volunteered to wash the dishes but she insisted Wonwoo should tour Mingyu around because the younger spent the whole week at home, learning how to cook from the old woman. Wonwoo gritted his teeth at the idea but he nodded nonetheless.
 
The two went out a bit after they got ready. Wonwoo cleared his throat as they started walking side by side with a slight distance of three meters. Mingyu looked at him and lifted a brow. "What?"
 
"You're rather snappy this fine day." the shorter of the two chuckled, "What's up?"
 
"Nothing."
 
"Come on, something must've been up for you to be like this." Wonwoo poked the younger's arm. They were okay before breakfast so why is this kid acting like this now?
 
"Its nothing." Mingyu repeated.
 
"Oh dear lord! Don't tell me you got sulky just because I called you a grandma!" Wonwoo started laughing, holding his stomach at the idea that made the other more cranky.
 
"I said its nothing!" Mingyu shouted, panting right after because if irritation.
 
Wonwoo stayed glued to the ground and his eyes widened at Mingyu's sudden outburst. He was scared but only for a moment. He understood the younger. Being away from the life you're used too was stressful and well, annoying.
 
"Okay, I get it. I'm sorry so calm down." the older pat Mingyu's shoulder, "You know, this province is not that bad. What about this? Since you seem like someone who loves food A LOT more than anything, I'm going to treat you to some street food!"
 
Mingyu's gaze softened at the mention of food but stayed silent. He was not very fond of street foods. He ate too much of those from when he was a child and got sick of them, he didn't want any more of those.
 
It was as if Wonwoo read his mind because the older started chuckling and said, "I'm not talking about fishcakes. There's this small store and they sell really great and cheap food!"
 
The taller watched him babble about food with excitement, looking straight at nothing in particular. He thought about food too. Was it extremely good that it made Wonwoo react like that? It made the Mingyu a bit interested. He was the food king after all.
 
"Let's go right now!" Mingyu was brought back to reality when the older pulled his hand and started to run.
 
By the time they arrived at their destination, Mingyu was already panting. Wonwoo was too so that was fair. The store was called Jam-jam and it was fairly small. There were tables outside too for people to wanted to breath fresh air.
 
"This is it? There's no one here. Are you sure they sell good food?" Mingyu doubted.
 
"Its still early for lunch so there aren't many people around." Wonwoo grinned and opened the wooden door, "After you."
 
Mingyu rolled his eyes and pushed him away making him stumble. He chuckles when Wonwoo glared at him but he ignored it and opened the door himself, "After you." he said.
 
"Copycat." Wonwoo laughed  but he entered first anyway.
 
"Nana noona! Raina noona! You're here too?" Wonwoo pointed at the two girls. He gave Mingyu a follow-me look and walked towards them.
 
"Yeah. I suddenly wanted kimchi pancakes for lunch!" Nana giggled. "So, who's this? You're boyfriend?" Nana teased.
 
Mingyu furrowed his brows at the remark while Wonwoo only scoffed, "I'm tour guide of the day."
 
"Oh, by the way, Mingyu, this is Nana noona and Raina noona, they they live in our neighbourhood. Noona, this is Mingyu." the older introduced.
 
The four of them ended up eating together. Surprisingly, Mingyu ate a lot after having eaten a grand amount of breakfast just a while ago. The girls couldn't believe what they were seeing. How could this guy eat that much?
 
Wonwoo asked for everyone's sake, "How can you eat that much when you just ate breakfast for four people?"
 
"One shall not refuse food!" Mingyu argued, mouth still full from eating, "Besides, I get hungry all the time and don't even ask why because I can't explain."
 
"I think you're weird..."
 
-
 
A/N: Hi guys! I'm back with a long-ish chapter. We just finished the exams and Imm finally on winter vacation. Ohoho. I think my story get a lot boring-errr every chapter. I'm so sorry. T A T And I realized I've been writing Seungcheol's name as "Sungcheol" Gush! >< I need a beta reader.
 
Thank you to those who continue to read my story. And thanks to those who checked it out. Let me know what you think about this. Also, don't forget to comment, upvote and subscribe! Comments make me giddy. Ehehe. Thank you!
 
SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
- ellemoonbin