And then I met you: 01

And then, I met you

ATIMY // 1

 

"Sungcheol hyung! What are you doing here?" Mingyu opened the door to a Sungcheol with not one but two luggages. "Did you run away from home?"

 

No, I did not! Now, move it." Sungcheol only shoved his cousin by the shoulder and walked in carrying his things.

 

"What the was that for?" Mingyu tackled the older after closing the door behind. He was the taller one and so he managed to headlock the other.

 

Sungcheol struggled , flapping his arms and hit his cousin's face. The older often stayed at Mingyu's place but he never brought his things. Not even one piece of underwear! He somehow always steals borrows things from the other.

 

"Okay, now why are you here?" Mingyu asked after letting the other go.

 

"I heard from auntie. Your dad banished you to the province!" Sungcheol laughed out loud and then continued, "and I, being the best cousin in the whole wide world, am willing to accompany you!"

 

"Uh, what?" not sure if he heard right, Mingyu only blinked.

 

"Dude, are you dumb or are you dumb? I just told you I'm coming with you!"

 

Mingyu wasn't the idiot, Sungcheol is. Why would he come to the province when he could have stayed in the city where everything is fun. I'd trade places if that's allowed. Tch.

 

-

 

Trees. A tree-filled place was what Mingyu had expected but after a rocky ride, the young man saw electric posts! And aside from that, he saw cemented roads and what shocked him the most was that there were buildings. Not actually buildings just, small concrete places. Definitely not what he thought.

 

"Is this really a province?" Mingyu thought out loud.

 

"Yes Mingyu, this is a province. You know what? You're really dumb! Provinces started developing from like ages ago and where we are now, Gyeonggi-do, is the most developed province in South Korea. This is basically like a mini-city." Sungcheol explained calmly while playing on his PSP. Damn, this guy is good at multi-tasking.

 

But hey, a province was still a province for Mingyu. He spent long years of hating the province that he just can't love the place immediately even if it was the most developed province in the country now.

 

"Sungcheol-ah, Mingyu-ya! We're here." the driver parked the mini van in front of a two storey house.

 

The house was painted a shade of beige. It wasn't as big as Mingyu's house but it had this very inviting aura. It had a small backyard planted with different leafy greens and there were tomatoes. Maybe they even planted a radish in there. Mingyu couldn't tell since he had never planted anything before.

 

A grandma welcomed the guests and showed them upstairs to their rooms. She offered help with their luggages but of course, the boys had learned manners. After leaving their luggages to their respective rooms, Mingyu noticed stick drawings pinned to a door just next to his room, they were pretty cute. Maybe there was a kid living there too.

 

"How old are you kids?" the grandma asked as she served the boys some peeled apples and grapes and some water.

 

"Halmeoni, My name is Sungcheol.I'm 22 years old this year and here, is Mingyu. He's 20 this year. We'll be in your care from today, halmeoni!" Sungcheol grinned before stuffing his face with the apples.

 

"Halmeoni, these grapes are good!" Mingyu smiled. "Do you grow this?"

 

The grandma laughed a bit."No, no, my grandson bought them the other day."

 

"Oh!" Sungcheol exclaimed, "You have a grandson!?"

 

"Yes. He's around your age and he works at a daycare near here. Just around the block." the old woman gesturedher fingers, as if tracing a road map in the air.

 

It was around 6:30PM when the boys helped the old woman prepare dinner. Mingyu and Sungcheol though, did not know anything about cooking. They were asked for helped but it was them that needed more help. That night, as the sun sets slowly before the beige toned house, the cousins learnt how to make rice. They also helped set up the table, halmeoni was preparing dakgalbi and the two beginners offered to prepare more like transfer side dishes to small bowls.

 

"Halmeoni! I'm home!" A deep voice came from the entrance door following loud footsteps.

 

Mingyu ignored the new arrival, concentrating on transporting the soybean soup when suddenly he felt something hot on his chest. He looked at the fallen bowl, realising that what caused the painfulness on his chest was because somebody bumped onto him causing him to spill the soup to himself.

 

"! ! THIS ING HURTS! AHH!"

 

"Oh My God! I'm so sorry.. holy friend chicken. I'm so sorry!"

 

"Are you ing blind?! Or do you perhaps have both left legs! Ugh! , this hurts!" Mingyu continued to rap curse words and eventually ran upstairs to change.
 

"Wow. What a first impression." Sungcheol clapped and walked towards Wonwoo who was now cleaning the floor.

 

"Hi. I'm Wonwoo. I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to do it." Wonwoo bowed repeatedly at Sungcheol.Maybe he's going to get beaten up. Why is it that his clumsiness had to show today? I'm so ruined. I'm an embarassment. Oh my god, they're gonna beat me so hard. 

 

"Don't worry about it. Mingyu's just a little bit sensitive right now. I'm Sungcheol by the way.Nice to meet you."He offered his hands and Wonwoo shook it, bowing more.

 

The other residents tried to wait for Mingyu's return but he never came back, Sungcheol said they could start eating and he'll just bring food to his cousin later. Wonwoo nodded but still thinking about the incident. Maybe he should sorry later. No, wait. Scratch that, he should say sorry later.

 

-

 

After dinner, Sungcheol helped halmeoni put food on a round tray for Mingyu. Wonwoo hesitated a bit but spoke up anyway, "I- I'll go give it to him, I should say sorry too. He's probably feeling more pain now."

 

"Okay, you do that. Mingyu's friendly so take it easy okay? Oh yea, how old are you?" Sungcheol tiltled his head over to the side a bit and waited for the other to answer.

 

"I'm 21 this year."

 

"Oh, okay. I'm your hyung then." the older of the two pat the other's back.

 

Wonwoo walked upstairs with evident worry in his eyes. He was nervous but determined at the same time. He returned to his room first and got something like a peace offering before carefully knocking on Mingyu's door. "What?"

 

Wonwoo silently opened the door. "Uh..Mingyu-ssi?"

 

"What do you want?" Mingyu glared at him.

 

"Sungcheol-ssi asked me to bring this to you. And uh.. I'm sorry about earlier. I really didn't mean it." Wonwoo kept his eyes glued to the tray on his hands and waited for an answer.

 

"Alright, thanks." Mingyu took the food tray from the other and didn't say anything else, when he did not see the other go out, he sighed, "look, I'm gonna eat so, do you mind?" the taller said and gestured towards th door.

 

"Oh, okay. By the way I'm Wonwoo and here, you should apply this to your burn, its gonna feel better." Wonwoo handed him a cream and he took it.

 

"Great! Its your fault anyway so you should be giving me things like this now go away so I can eat in peace." Wonwoo audibly scoffed. This guest is totally different.

 

"You won't even say thank you?"

 

"Technically, its your fault so you should be thanking me for accepting these."

 

"You ungrateful jerk! Give that back!" Wonwoo screamed. Mingyu with his fast reflex raised his hand up, the other was  smaller than him and so he couldn't exactly just reached for the cream and run away. Wonwoo was not scary, in fact in Mingyu's eyes he seemed weak and fragile. At that moment, the taller thanked the heavens for his tall physique.

 

Wonwoo eventually got tired and gave up, stomping his feet on the ground before glaring at Mingyu. "I'll get you next time." he walked out and slammed the door shut.

 

"Yeah, shorty! When you got taller." Mingyu laughed but the sudden action hurt his chest.  he thought. He went to the bathroom first and applied the soothing cream on his burn. The coldness eased the redness a bit so he was fine to go eat now. The problem was, he didn't know how to wash dishes. Province have dish-washers... right?

 

-

 

Sungcheol decided to take a walk around that night just to get some fresh air.

 

"Ani.. umma like this but.. eun?"

 

Sungcheol stopped on his tracks when he heard something. Provinces don't have ghosts right? Maybe he was being hunted by a ghost? Was this a punishment for always stealing, well, borrowing Mingyu's clothes? But this was no fair because Mingyu always stole his foods too!

 

However, the charismatic guy decided to man up because he was a man and men don't get scared. The mumbling continued and as he walked closer and closer to the sound locatedat a front yard of a medium sized brick house maybe a five membered family. There, he saw a small person. A child looking back and forth at two different plants: strawberry and tomato. Oh my God, what a cute little toddler! Sungcheol internally squealed.

 

He slowly approached the small figure and sat down beside him, "Hello there little guy~" he greeted in a sing-song voice.

 

The little boy glanced at Sungcheol. He had a natural black hair , a pair of big brown eyes, a cute nose between two squishy cheeks and pretty lips that may or may not have reminded the man of someone from the past.

 

"Hello ahjussi!" the little boy waved his short hands and smiled ever so sweetly.

 

"Ey, I'm still young! Call me hyung instead okay? I'm Sungcheol hyung, what's your name?" Sungcheol chuckled and ruffled the boy's hair.

 

"My name is Sunghoon!" the little boy bowed politely and showed three little fingers, "I'm 3 years old!"

 

"I see. Well, what is Sunghoonie doing outside late at night? The sun said bye bye a few minutes ago." Sungcheol loved kids. He thought they were adorable and innocent and just looking at them smile or do anything at all made him smile.

 

"Sunghoonie want give umma a present but don't know which one!" Sunghoon struggled at talking straight while pointing at the plants but the older managed to understand what he was saying.

 

"Tell you what, we can make this very easy! How about we go ask your mom together which one she wants, hm?" Sungcheol offered. There wereno kids around when they arrived and now that he found an adorable one, he wanted to spend a little more time with the boy.

 

"Ah! Umma is a boy! Like Sunghoonie!" the toddler grinned proudly.

 

Legends said that when a man could have children, good luck is with him and within his loved ones be it with family or friends forever. 2 out of 10 maled have the possibility to have children and it was very rare. Sungcheol's eyes widened at the sudden information.

 

Little Sunghoon pulled Sungcheol's hand and led him towards the door. Oh, so this is whe he lived. he thought. When they arrived, the toddler was too small to reach the doorknob and so Sungcheol decided to carry the adorable child in his arms and open the door himself. This definitely wasn't kidnapping nor breaking and entering so he figured, it was okay.

 

"Umma! Hoonie home!" Sunghoon greeted loudly as they entered the warm house.

 

"Oh! Where did Hoonie go?" the voice asked and somehow, the older can hear the love from his voice.

 

Sungcheol also recognized the voice from a long time ago, back when he was 19 years old but he wasn't sure. Maybe he was hungry again or maybe he was just hallucinating. He couldn't be wrong though, it was the same voice that made him fall hard from before.

 

Then, his suspicions were justified when a small male with cotton candy pink hair walked in.

 

"J-Jihoon?"

 

-

 

A/N: Hello hello! Thank you for giving this story a view. I added mpreg to the warning so if you feel uncomfotable about that, I'm very sorry. ^^V Please give this story lots of love by subscribing, recommending, upvoting and commmenting!

SEE YOU NEXT TIME!

- ellemoonbin