Six

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Young master, something's up! The two evil lords are smiling to themselves while having their breakfast!" 

 

 

 

Yoseob snorted, forever amused by how Gayoon would describe Doojoon's parents, "there's nothing strange about them smiling, they do that often, just not when I'm near them." He started tidying up Doojoon's office desk, noting that there really wasn't much to tidy up as that man was so well-organized, too organized perhaps. It had been a week or so since he have been working as Doojoon's assistant, choosing to not let people know that he's related to the Yoons yet though. 

 

 

 

"They were discussing something in whispers! You know them, they never whisper! Young master, I've been working for this family since I was five, trust me! They were talking about some green file or something."

 

 

 

Yoseob frowned as he switched from one ear to another, heading to the door when he stopped in his tracks, "green file? What else did they say?" His mind immediately rewind to the previous day’s scene when Doojoon asked him to help do up the contract for CEO Yong yesterday. He had passed that particular green file to the set of parents as they claimed that they had wanted to make sure everything is in place. 

 

 

 

 

"I can't hear really clearly but I think they mentioned something about sneaking something into that file."

 

 

 

The small male groaned in frustration as he ran back to Doojoon’s desk and started searching for the file, praying and praying that he would be to find, that it would still be there. He froze when Doojoon entered, looking at him curiously, “What are you looking for?”



“I’ll talk to you when I’m home,” Yoseob whispered to Gayoon before hanging up the phone and looking up at his supposed boss. “Hyung, the contract for Mr Yong, do you still have it? I realised that I may have made a mistake and I was hoping I could edit it if not it would reflect really badly on us.”



The cat eyed male noticed the shifty eyes and frowned, “I’ve already sent it over to the Yong’s company. What mistake is there? Father and mother found nothing strange about it and when they passed it back to me, it seems like everything was in order.”



“It’s erm, an error that can be noticed after reading through it over and over again. Like, the sentence is phrased as such but could be misunderstood as another.”



“Yoseob, what is going on? You are obviously hiding something from me.”
 



The smaller male sighed and fiddled with the hem of his shirt, “I don’t exactly know what’s going on and you probably would not believe me if I tell you this. However, I think your parents might have added something to the contract that would cause harm to Mr Yong.”



“Impossible, I looked through it when they returned it to me.”



“I know and I’m not doubting your capability or observation skills. However, I still feel that we should recall the contract as it just seems highly likely that they would have tampered with it. I mean, since when have they been this interested in the nitty gritty details of a contract? It had always been just them asking what’s their gain or loss if they were to sign the contract, nothing more!”



“Yoseob you have to relax and think logically. I went through word by word, page by page, and I was the last person to touch the contract and hand it to CEO Yong’s secretary. My parents are now going to the office for him to sign it so they would not get to touch it again. It’s just not possible for my parents to have tampered with it or even attempt to do anything to it.”



It took all of Yoseob’s strength to not scream at his hyung and instead, he took a deep breath and exhaled hard. He had no time to waste if Doojoon’s parents were really on the way to ensure the signing of the contract is completed. “Alright, if you say so. I’ll just take my leave then.”



The cat eyed male watched Yoseob close the door and leave with narrowed eyes, knowing that it’s impossible for the smaller male to give up just like that. A heartbeat later, he ran towards the door, opening it and the moment he stepped out of his office, he heard the ring of the lift door, signalling that it’s closed. He turned and asked his other assistant who was seated opposite Yoseob’s work desk, “Where did he go?”



“I have no idea but he said you have granted him half day leave and left.”



Doojoon cursed under his breath as he ran back to his office, grabbed his car keys that he had left in his drawer and sprinted back to the lift, hurrying to the carpark. He would bet with his life that smaller male was heading to the Yong’s main office, right into Yong Jun Hyung’s office. And if he was caught in that office, sneaking about for that green file, he was going to get a really bad lashing from the man and maybe even arrested from trespassing or attempted theft. His parents would probably worsen the situation since they hated Yoseob so much too.



Yoseob, however, was determined as he stepped hard on his car’s accelerator, beating a few red lights in the process. Thankfully, there were little traffic as the rush hour was over and he found himself skidding to a stop at the front of the office. Wasting no time, he slammed the door shut and hurried to the front doors. He tried to get past the security to the lift but was stopped.



“Sir, which level are you heading and who are you looking for?”



“I’m looking for your CEO, Yong Jun Hyung.”



“And who are you, to look for our CEO? Do you have an appointment?”



“I am Yang Yo Seob and no I do not have an appointment but I really really do need to meet him so if you could just do me this favour please.”



The security guards stared at him and rolled their eyes, “What, are you one of those unhappy employees who felt that they were fired unjustifiably or are you one of those ups who once an easy start up for their businesses? Many people wants to meet CEO Yong but he would not just meet anybody. So don’t make our lives harder than it already is and just go or we would have to forcefully drag you out.”



“Oh come on, please!” Yoseob backed away as the two burly security started towards him with outstretched arms, “okay, okay! Fine! I’ll go!”



He glared at the two males and walked away disgruntledly, mumbling to himself, wondering how could he help CEO Yong then. Grandfather Yong had always told him how much he loves his grandson and Yoseob somehow finds himself partly responsible to help that man. An idea struck him and he ran back to the security guards.



“What is it little boy!? Don’t test our limits!”



“If CEO Yong don’t meet anybody, then what about grandfather Yong, the CEO’s grandfather? He’s a friend of mine! Just tell him that Yang Yo Seob is looking for him and he would know!”



“Troublemaker! Are you pulling our legs now or what? If you want to convey a message to CEO Yong’s grandfather, I’ll punch you senseless and when you’re dead, maybe you’ll see him in the netherworld.”



The smaller male’s eyes grew as he stuttered, “What… what do you mean netherworld?”



“He passed away a week or so ago. It’s all over the news!”



“I don’t really read or watch the news…”



“Well, that’s not our problem. So now, get out of the way!”



Yoseob walked away listlessly, in complete shock now. It’s no wonder why grandfather Yong had stopped visiting him so abruptly. Sighing sadly, he was about to mourn for the old man when he realised what his main purpose here was. Now that grandfather Yong was gone, all the more he had to protect this grandson of his. Scrutinizing the surroundings, he smirked when he saw a fire exit staircase door at a quiet corner.



He continued casually walking to the front doors, behaving like he was really leaving. However, just as he stepped out, he took his phone and spoke into it softly but loud enough for the lady who was rushing into the office building to hear. “Oh the security guards said that the Ms Marie Park you were looking for is probably out sleeping around which is why she is not in the office yet.” The lady who was rushing in stared at Yoseob in shock before stomping to the security guards and started yelling her head off at them.



Taking the chance from the distraction, the smaller male ran to the staircase landing and disappeared behind its doors as quickly as he could. He apologised softly under his breath to the security guards as he had merely conjured the story after catching a glimpse of the lady’s name from her staff badge. Turning his focus back to the task at hand, his jaw fell open as he saw the amount of stairs that he had to climb and if he didn’t guess wrongly, the CEO’s office is usually at the top level. Inhaling deeply, he braced himself and started the climb up to the office.



Pushing the door open at the highest level, he panted as he walked unsteadily towards the office. Knocking tentatively on the door, he waited for a reply. When he got none, he turned the door knob and cheered internally as the door opened. Knowing that he didn’t have much time at hand, he ran in and gave a whoop when he saw the file that he was looking for, lying right smack in the middle of the main desk.



Flipping through it, his brows furrowed as he tried to figure out what was wrong with the contract. His fingers lifted the pages and tipped his head as he strugg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter