Four

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is a little too extravagant, isn’t it?’



“Not for a first date. Besides, it is the perfect place with great food and full privacy.” Junhyung whispered softly into the stranger’s ears, his arms clasped around the small waist as they both looked out into the night lights of Seoul. They were both waiting for their selected meals to be served and in the meanwhile, stood at the balcony of their private dining room, indulging in the night breeze and silence from being atop a hill, close to the city but far enough for a break from it.



“Have you thought of how you are going to figure out my name without any background checks?”



“It’s all up to fate, isn’t it? Whether you would chance upon my name, or me yours, first. However, I find that I have a better chance of winning.” He murmured lightly, his lips brushing delicately on the shell of the stranger’s ears, smirking when he felt the smaller male shudder faintly in response.



A pair of perfectly rounded eyes gazed into his, dark and warm like hot chocolate, like the work of magic, effectively and effortlessly taking away his breath. A hint of mischief sparkled in them as the stranger challenged mildly, “And why is that so?”



“Because,” Junhyung tightened his hold around the smaller male, “I found you first. Therefore, I have a strong feeling that I would find out what’s your name before you find out mine.”



A soft giggle was heard and Junhyung almost sighed in disappointment as the pair of beautiful eyes turned away from him to gaze out into the night view once more, “That doesn’t even make sense.”



“What about us actually does make sense? The chance meeting in a foreign land? The coincidence in the airport? The work of fate in the club? That splendid union last night? The mind-blowing act of our second love-making just barely an hour ago that I can still catch a whiff of me inside you – which by the way, makes me want to claim you again?”



“Hold up”, the stranger’s cheeks were pink now, absolutely breath-taking with the night view behind him, as he stood facing Junhyung now although still in his embrace, “love making?”



“From what my heart felt, despite my lack of experiences, that was far from simple ion. Love making seems the only possible name for it. Was it not satisfactory to you? I apologise for this, my little angel, you’re my first and I admit that I was slightly nervous when I first took you. I promise it will get better.”



The smaller male shook his head furiously, his blush intensifying now, “It was more than satisfactory, brilliant, actually. I couldn’t ask for a lovelier first. But don’t you think, we are moving too fast to call this…love making?” He saw a flash of disappointment on the taller male’s face and felt the slight loosening of the hold around his waist, and immediately regretted his words. Who was he to deny that their acts really as the wanderer had called them, love making? Who was he to use time as an excuse to say that it wasn’t possible?



“I’m sorry… For being too presumptuous. Sometimes, I allow my emotions overrule the logical side of me.” The hurt in him was evident and the stranger’s heart broke as he cupped the wanderer’s face lovingly.



“No, no. You’re right. You aren’t presumptuous. I am just too fearful, too cautious, but I really shouldn’t lie to myself, to us, that what we have is more than the shallow act of ion.” His thumb caressed the wanderer’s face, tickling the nerves under the skin, causing the taller male to close his eyes. “The length of time we have we one another keeps lingering in my mind but I would be stupid to deny that what we have is so much more than superficiality just because of time.”



“I don’t want to force you or instil thoughts in your head—“, Junhyung started.



“Too late,” the stranger whispered as he leaned in to graze his lips across Junhyung’s, “you are already deeply etched in my head.”



“As you are to mine,” he whispered roughly as he claimed the luscious lips, ravaging it delightfully. The smaller male whimpered in pleasure as he felt the possessive grip around his waist tightening as his chest was now pressed tightly against the wanderer’s. Oh how he love this feeling of being wanted, being needed. Just as the tongues started clashing feverishly, there was a light knock on the door and the two males pulled apart, gasping for breath and smiling affectionately at one another as the waiter entered, setting their dinner on the table.



Junhyung guided the smaller male to the table, sitting him down first before striding to the chair on the opposite side of the table and taking his seat. He grinned as he watched the stranger lift the right utensils for the right dishes and thought to himself, ‘his family sure isn’t a simple one’. Every dish has been recommended by Junhyung and every one of it was exquisite, not something most could afford. And yet, the stranger naturally helped himself to them, with no trace of hesitation in the use of the wide array of utensils available for him.



“It’s unfair”, the smaller male spoke, bringing Junhyung out of his thoughts, “It’s unfair how you have a slight knowledge of my family but I don’t know anything of yours other than your grandfather paying for your wanderer lifestyle and now, summoning you back.”



“That, is considered slight knowledge, isn’t it?” Junhyung laughed at the look of outrage on the stranger and patted his hand on the table as he continued, “Alright, alright. Well, basically, my grandfather, like yours, has passed away. He doesn’t like my parents much as my mother wasn’t his choice daughter-in-law and childishly refused to accept that his favourite son, my father, had actually went against his words. Deep down, he still love my father but because of his pride, he willed his business to me. I’m luckier than you in the sense that my parents are still with me and they love me more than anything.”



“Then why did you seem so upset in the airport?”



“The business life isn’t something I wanted to venture into. I knew that when I return, I would face many pretence and falseness from the people around me. They just want a share of my family’s business and wealth.”



The stranger frowned and gave a slight pout – Junhyung almost pounced on the smaller male to lap up his lips but held on to his shaky gentlemanliness, “If the business life isn’t what you wanted, then what do you want? What do you dream of?”



Junhyung blinked at the stranger, wondering if it would be too overwhelming for the smaller male if he spoke his mind, but when he stared into those two dark pools of brown, he threw away all cautions. “I never knew what I really wanted in life, even in the five years of wandering. I enjoyed the freedom but there was nothing that I really wanted or was willing to fight for. I don’t want to scare you and I hope I don’t come off as someone rude, but you, little angel… Ever since I met you, I find that you are all I have ever wanted and someone that I would fight for. Right now, you are my dream.”



The stranger gaped at his words, gulping on the lump that had formed in his throat, “I’m… I’m not as wonderful as you make me out to me.”



Junhyung furrowed his brows and stood up, walking over and kneeling at the stranger’s side, “You are, and maybe even more. I don’t know what made you so insecure, so self-defeated, but I’m going to show you how beautiful you are, on the inside and out. Maybe my words have sounded honeyed from the first time I met you, but I swear that every word I said to you, they are true.”



“Thank you”, the smaller male smiled and pecked him on the forehead, “There’s no need to swear because I know that although hair raising, your words are all stemming from your heart. Now move that tushy of yours back to the chair and finish up your food before they turn cold.”



“Aye, aye, captain”, Junhyung gave a cheeky salute and ran back to his seat, digging in to his food.



The couple ate casually, chatting and laughing at everything under the sky, both completely ignoring the picturesque night view of the city now as the most stunning view right now was the one right in front of them. And the stranger thought, that maybe his life wasn’t all that sad while the wanderer thanked the heavens or whatever mighty beings in the world, for bestowing this perfect angel to him.



------



They left for the studio after dinner and both sighed internally as they reached the familiar glass door. It had been a fairytale-like night and now, it had to end.



“I would love to ask for your number but something in me thinks that I shouldn’t.”



The stranger smirked and nodded, “Yes, don’t. The only point of contact would be here.”



“So if I pop by for a date, you are to drop anything and everything and go on one with me?”



The smaller male nodded enthusiastically, “Yes, and if you don’t see me here, then that’s just too bad.”



“Sounds like a plan. Crazy, ridiculous, but fun. I’m allowed to ‘pre-book’ my appointment with you though?”



“Yes.”



“Great. I would like to have dinner with you again tomorrow, and maybe go for a night stroll along the Han River.”



The stranger pouted, “I can’t. Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays are family dinner days. My family said that we have to have evidence that I am still treated like family and so, I’m bound to have dinner with them on these days, be it at home or outside.”



“Fine, Thursday then alright?” Junhyung smiled and used a thumb to trace the stranger’s lips, “And you really have to stop pouting at me in public. It makes me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter