Twelve

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That's all you have?"



Yoseob looked around his room before giving a nod, "Yeah, that's all that belongs to me."



"Alright then, let's head back out. Junhyung has been very excited about this moment, he has been repeatedly going through the plan with us, and making sure none of us spoils the surprise. Not that we could ever since you are either spending time with the Yoons or with him." 



The smaller male guffawed at the trace of jealousy in Mrs Yong's voice as he took her hand, "From now on, my time spent with Junhyung would comprise of you and Mr Yong being around too."



"Ignore my petty wife. The both of you should enjoy as much couple time as you both can have." Mrs Yong slapped Mr Yong on the arm lightly as she whined to the smaller male, "But Yoseob ah, you know how much I would want to join you both at times right?" 



He laughed as Mr Yong rolled his eyes, gently pushing Mrs Yong out of the room to lead the way in going back to the living hall. Just as the smaller male was about to follow suit, he felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned to face Mr Yong who was smiling in a fatherly manner at him. "Yoseob ah, before it slips my mind, I want to tell you how grateful and thankful I am for you, your presence, and your existence.” 



He inhaled deeply before continuing, “Before you came along, my family wasn't a family. It was merely a group of people who are living together. Slowly, things began changing and it all started with you befriending my father. You made him reach for his inner most feelings that he had forgotten in the midst of his pursuit for power and wealth. You made him accept my wife despite her humble backgrounds. 



You also brought out the lost spark and fizzle in my wife. I fell for her innocence, her bubbly personality and her edgy style. However, ever since she married me, I saw how she slowly hid all of it, just so she could fit in, just so my father would accept her more. You opened her up and now, day by day, I am recognising the real woman I fell for. Don't misunderstand me, I loved her all these years. However, I knew she wasn't expressing her real self and I felt laden with guilt of being the reason for the loss of that sparkle in her. Yet, I knew I wanted her to continue being the woman by my side and so I allowed for that to happen. By relieving her of the burden to be 'prim and proper', you in turn relieved me from my guilt.



Then, you met Junhyung and you made him fall so deeply in love with you that he became so much more sensitive and real. I never had a real conversation with this son of mine and I knew how much he couldn't connect with us. In the five years he went travelling, there was not once that he video or voice called us. I had truly believed that my relationship, or the lack of it, with my son would be one that I would regret on my deathbed. I wanted to be friends with my child, to be a model father and I never could be. 



Recently, when I asked him about you, he told me so many wonderful stories that you both shared. I would see his eyes that would shine so brightly with love, his smile that was so wide his face was splitting into two, and listening to his heartfelt words that fills me up with so much warmth and pride. I've never spoken to him more than ten minutes in my entire life with him but ever since I knew about the both of you, he would fill me in with the happenings between you both. You gave him the fire, the spirit in him that he never had or he had buried deep in him. 



This morning, when he told me and your mother about the proposal he was planning, do you know... He actually teared up while smiling and telling us. He told us how he couldn't believe that he had gotten so lucky, so fortunate that the heavens would give him someone like you and that you would actually reciprocate and be so in love with him too. When we told him what a great man he was too, he denied it all. He told us that a great man was you and went on to remind us of the whole list of things that you ever did which we already did. But what touched us the most was... it was..." Mr Yong sniffed, trying to control his emotions to maintain his calm and strong disposition.



Mrs Yong who had turned back and heard the conversation took her husband's hands, patting them gently as she continued for him. "It was when our Junhyung told us of the day where he had not trusted you and actually almost let you go. He shared with us that the moment he realised the mistake, he had felt like dying. I don't know if we could ever truly understand how he felt but as he recollected the day's happenings, he held our hands for the very first time and said the exact words, 'if I ever lost him, I would be losing my world, my everything. If I ever let him go, it would be like I plunged a knife straight into my own heart.' Yoseob ah, we have never seen our Junhyung that vulnerable and that raw and open for us to read. It made us realise that our son is not as cold and insensitive as he make himself out to be. You brought back our real son, the son that we had forced to go into hiding..."



Yoseob hugged them both and as he released them, he smiled genuinely back at them, "I honestly am quite speechless as I doubt I'm as good as what you both make me out to be. However, I want you both to know that as much as you think I'm helping all of you, your family has helped me a lot too. Look at me, all packed and ready to walk out of the Yoon's main door. This is something I would have never done on my own. Therefore, I’m equally grateful so there’s no need for thank yous to me. Let’s go find Junhyung now alright?"



The couple murmured in agreement, looked at one another, hurriedly wiping away stray tears before they continued on their journey back to the living hall. It was a quite yet blissful kind of silence as they walked, Yoseob supporting Mr Yong as his fractured leg was still recovering. Just as a son would. 



Upon their return, they realised that all the reporters were gone and on a couch sat Junhyung who was leaning back leisurely, uncaring about the seething Yoons who were now sending piercing glares to Yoseob. 


“Little one,” Junhyung started, standing up and automatically reaching out to take the packed bag with one hand, looping the other hand around Yoseob's waist. "Ready to go?"

    Yoseob nodded and peered at the Yoons, bowing slightly out of politeness to say goodbye to them. Mr Yoon snorted, arms crossed as he stood with his chin lifted high, "Leave if you want, you ungrateful child. But let me tell you, this is not the end. We will make you pay for all the embarrassment that you brought to us today."       "Any embarrassment you suffered is all self-inflicted, don't push the blame to anybody else", Junhyung shot back coolly, guiding Yoseob towards the front door as he didn't want to spend even a second more in the presence of the trio. "And just in case it didn't cross your minds, you are all broke since you three exhausted all your liquid assets for the now defunct Lee company. Thus, there really isn't anything much that you can do or rather, there's no one who would do your dirty jobs for you now."       The Yoons trembled with rage as they watched Junhyung open the door, only to grin widely when the door opened to reveal Doojoon who stepped into the house, looking at the packed bag in Junhyung's hand before staring hard at Yoseob. "You're leaving with him?" He asked coldly, inciting a frown on the smaller male who ran towards him immediately.       "Hyung, you're back! Have you been alright this past week?"        Doojoon scoffed with a roll of his eyes, "like you cared?"       The smaller male placed a hand on the cat eyed male's arm, baffled and hurt by the way the latter was behaving. He was so unlike the Hyung who had always cared for and protected him. Not wanting to inflict any more pain on Doojoon, knowing that he was probably this way as he knew about Junhyung and him, he replied softly, "Hyung, you know I'll always care for you. I'm going away not but you will always be my hyung."       "If you cared for me, you wouldn't leave me. If you cared for me, you wouldn't have fallen for this man. If you cared for me, you wouldn't have given yourself to this man!" Doojoon was yelling now, fury burning in his eyes as Junhyung swiftly pulled Yoseob away, afraid that the cat eyed male might p
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter