Three

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can I?”



The wanderer have never met anyone with such lovely eyes as he cupped the small face with both his hands, “You can, if you allow me to.”



“Doesn’t my story scare you? Don’t you fear what my family could do to you?”



“I don’t”, the wanderer replied in complete genuineness, “Because if you knew who my family was, you would realise that my family would make your family fear me.”



The stranger laughed, such a melodic tinkle to the wanderer, “I can’t wait till I find out who you really are then. That way, when we go out, people wouldn’t think we are weird by calling each other ‘stranger’ or ‘wanderer’.”



“When we go out? You want us to go out?”



The smaller male coughed and sputtered nervously, “I… I… meant like… You know, if we—“



The taller male chuckled and pulled the stranger into a tight embrace, burying his face into the smaller male’s hair to take in the marvellous and addictive scent of his, “Let’s go out. Dinner tonight? It’s a date.” He heard an absolutely endearing, although muffled, excited squeal emitting from his chest and he laughed even louder, completely captivated by the darling in his arms.



“Pick me up from here at 6,” the stranger mumbled, still with his face against the wanderer’s sturdy chest. And who could ever resist this precious male. Definitely not the wanderer, definitely not Yong Jun Hyung.
 



------


He found himself back in his car an hour later, after more teasing and cuddling with the precious male he has found himself being so attached too. It scares him a little that a stranger could have such strong impact in his life but he was too happy to let it get to him.



The stranger was the most intriguing and amazing person that he found in all the years of wandering. The stranger could read him like an open book without him even saying much. The stranger made his heart flutter at simple small actions like blinking up at him when they are locked in a warm embrace. Oh and he cannot even find the words to describe the way his heart felt like it would explode when their lips met.



The wanderer smiled to himself at the memory of the stranger but was shaken out of his dreamland when he heard a soft snickering. Looking up, he met the eyes of his chauffeur through the car’s rear view mirror. “What is it?”



“It seems like that it had been a good morning for you, Sir.”



“Good? Wrong. That’s an understatement. Mr Kang, it was an amazing morning, the best morning I’ve ever had.”



“Who’s the lucky girl?”



“Girl? Wrong again.”



“Ah… who’s the lucky man?”



“To be honest, I don’t know him. I don’t know his name, I don’t know his background, I don’t know his family. But I know for sure that I am so damn attracted to him.”



“Love?”



“Not quite yet. But you know what Mr Kang? Maybe, soon.”



Mr Kang’s crow feet became more pronounced as he grinned at the wanderer through the mirror, “Interesting.”



“And frightening”, the wanderer whispered silently, as he processed his words. He had not meant to say it but he had. And it scared him even more that what he said, are words from his heart.



------



“He’s coming over already?”



“Yes, dad. Hara is all dressed and ready too.”



The older Mr Yoon removed his reading glasses and looked at Doojoon severely, giving a hum of approval at his son’s outfit, “What about lunch? Has all the food been well prepared?”



“All taken care of.”



Placing the newspapers down, Mr Yoon straightened his back and nodded his head, “Good. What about the tea?”



“Do we really have to—“



“I’ve told you before, don’t question my actions. Have you drugged the tea?”



“Yes, but dad, I really don’t think we need to go to such an extent. Who knows, Junhyung might just fall for Hara on his own. Besides, if we were to drug him and blackmail him with photos, Hara might get what she wants of being with him but they wouldn’t be happy. Both should be willing parties before anything happens.”



“Are you lecturing me?”



Doojoon sighed, a frown etched on his handsome face, “I’m not. I’m just suggesting a more sensible method for the union of both families.”



“Look, to secure our placing further in the business world, we have to have the Yong family back us up and the only way is for our girl to marry their CEO. How many times must I repeat that to get that in your head?”



The cat eyed male merely nodded and excused himself from the room, too tired to even retort or rebut his father anymore. He ambled to the living hall, internally rolling his eyes when he saw his sister dressed in a dress so short that you would feel cold down under for her, and so low that you would find that looking at her is equivalent to harassment. Beside his sister was his mother, whose lips were set in a thin line. She pampered her daughter and was highly affronted by Junhyung’s utter disregard to her daughter but she knew, that this man was the best son-in-law candidate for her.



The clock struck 12 and seconds later, he heard the ringing of a door bell and saw one of their maids running to get the door. The door opened and he saw his college’s ex best friend, standing tall and evidently unhappy to be at where he was. Straightening his necktie, he promptly strode to and greeted him, “CEO Yong, thank you for joining us for lunch.”



“An invitation that I cannot decline because I still have a string of respect for my grandfather and would like to discuss the ridiculous expectation he has of me with all of you formally.”



“Junhyung—“



“Once again, let me remind you to address me as CEO Yong. Now, let’s get on with lunch. I have an important dinner date later and I would like the afternoon to refresh myself. After all, I had spent the night at the wake and have not stepped into my home yet.”



Doojoon nodded and guided Junhyung to the dining area, Hara skipping happily behind, her mountains jiggling obscenely at every step. When they were seated, Junhyung looked at the overly excited girl who was clinging on to an arm of his in great distaste, “Would you please keep your hands, and your lumps, to yourself?”



Just as Mrs Yoon was about to say something, Mr Yoon had entered and sat with them on the table, agreeing with Junhyung, “Hara, please cover up. Welcome CEO Yong, congratulations on taking over your grandfather’s position.”



“There’s no need for any congratulatory. I was forced to take on this role as my grandfather doted on me rather than my parents just as Doojoon here.”



Mr Yoon’s face turned beet red as he swallowed a glass of iced water to hold his anger, ‘ignorant, pompous young man. Just you wait till you marry our Hara.’



They ate lunch with Mr Yoon trying to engage Junhyung in conversation, Hara attempting to get some attention and Junhyung replying them half-heartedly. Finally, the food on his plate was cleared and he placed his utensils on the table before looking up at the family, “I’m not going to waste any more of my or your time on any more false friendliness. Let’s get to business. Apparently, my grandfather and the late Mr Yoon had this ludicrous idea of our families bonding by marriage.”



“Yes,” Mr Yoon nodded calmly now, “Although I would beg to differ on the adjective used to describe it. It’s far from ludicrous, and in fact, it is very plausible to me.”



Junhyung waved a hand carelessly, “Of course it is to you. If I marry someone from your family, the Yoon’s status would be greatly raised and you guys would benefit from it. It is, however, to my disadvantage as I have no interest whatsoever in this woman.”



Hara flushed in embarrassment, and pouted at Junhyung, “Oppa, you—“



Junhyung scrunched his face in revulsion, “Don’t call me that. And anyway,” He turned his face back to the older Mr Yoon, “I’m sure we can continue to be business partners without the marriage.”



“Fine.’



He frowned, wondering why Mr Yoon had agreed so readily. He was ready with more sarcastic remarks and to portray himself as the worst kind of son-in-law and yet, he didn’t had to display any of those. It was all too suspicious. Narrowing his eyes, he gave a glance to Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter