Thirteen

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob sat nervously on a chair, swinging his legs that hang just an inch above the ground when relaxed. A pout formed naturally as he realised that he really was that small, that his legs dangled from the chair when he was fully leaning against it. Junhyung who was watching him silently found himself smiling at the silly male, knowing full well what he was thinking of as he interlinked their fingers together. “It’s good that you are small, this way, you fit me perfectly.”



The smaller male jumped a little on his seat, slightly startled as he wasn’t expecting the taller male to read his thoughts and also because he had been all jittery throughout the morning. In fact, he had been a bundle of nerves ever since he received the invitation to the press conference stating that all shareholders of the Yoon Company had to attend. It didn’t helped that he also found out that Junhyung was to sign a contract with the Yoon Company before the revelation of whatever Doojoon had to announce. He wasn’t there to review or sneak a peek at the contract and he had breathed down Junhyung’s neck for days and nights to ensure that the contract has not been meddled with before signing it.



It was doubly unsettling that Junhyung appeared unruffled nor wary, simply dismissing Yoseob’s worries as unfounded and needless. “Remember, read it through thoroughly and for at least three times to make sure nothing is wrong. Don’t be too eager or rush to sign it even if the whole press is here and snapping away on their cameras.” He muttered anxiously at the side of his lips, squeezing the taller male’s hands as he rattled away.



Junhyung snickered, “Yes, my little one, I’ll make sure I read the contract, word for word before signing it. Should I read it out loud so that you would be appeased?”



“I’m serious!”



“I know, I know, and I am serious too when I tell you to relax, and that things are not as bad as you think it would be. Trust me, or trust Doojoon at least.”



Yoseob raised an eyebrow, “Trust hyung? You of all people are asking me to do that? Are you hiding something from me?”



Junhyung lifted a finger to his lips and gave a cheeky smirk before wagging his eyebrows as the background music faded away, cueing the start of the event. The Yoons walked in snobbishly and sat at the front row on the right half of the event hall while Yoseob remained seated on the other half. He watched as his love stood up, the aura of CEO Yong radiating from him as he slowly stepped up the stage together with his hyung, sitting beside one another on the long table that was neatly placed in the centre of the stage.



The smaller male blinked wordlessly as within a minute, Junhyung had signed on the contract, shook Doojoon’s hand and strode down the stage with a satisfied, pleased smile, reassuming his position beside Yoseob who was now whispering furiously into his ears. “Did you read through it properly? Why did you sign it so quickly? Oh Junhyung, do you know what you might have signed yourself up for?”



“Shhh, we have to display ourselves as well-mannered beings and listen to CEO Yoon’s speech.”



Yoseob stared at Junhyung incredulously, undeniably appalled by the imperturbable air surrounding the taller male as he struggled to pay attention to the obligatory speech of his hyung on the partnership with the Yongs.



“Prior to this partnership with the Yong Company, my parents and sister have actually signed a legal agreement to allow me to take ownership of the total of 30% of their combined shares on this company. This is also the reason why I have the various shareholders of the company invited here. I would like to officially announce that 80% of the Yoon Company’s share belongs to me and that makes me the biggest decision maker apart from the fact that I am CEO.”



A murmur of agreement spread through the hall and the three Yoons clapped their hands proudly, in support of Doojoon’s announcement. After a clearing of throat as a signal for everyone to quieten down, the cat eyed male continued in his speech.



“To all our current shareholders, I would like to take this chance to propose a new change in the company. In regards to the contract Mr Yong and I signed just minutes ago, I would also be assuming 40% of the Yong Company’s shares. If the Yoon’s shareholders are agreeable, I would be turning the whole of the Yoon Company to be a sub-company, basically a major department, of the Yong Company.”



Cameras were snapping away and reporters were all raising their hands that they were almost touching the ceilings as they fought to have their questions answered. The Yoons were staring at Doojoon in shock, not expecting to hear that and still trying to evaluate if the news that has just been announced was good or bad news for them. Yoseob had turned his head to Junhyung snappily, eyes fully expanded as he hissed, “I told you to read it properly! Now you have to give him 40% of your shares!”



Junhyung merely smirked and Yoseob watched in astonishment as Doojoon connected their eyes and gave a small nod, “So, all of Yoon’s shareholders are agreeable to that?” The other minor shareholders could only agree since they do not hold a significant percentage and they were evidently delighted that if the Yoons became part of the Yongs, it only meant more earnings and profits in the future. Yoseob, however, refused to nod his head, standing up indignantly.



“Hyung! Grandfather left the company in your hands because he trusted you and he knew you would be an outstanding CEO. How could you just place the company under the Yongs and just receive your income merely from the shares that you hold? And in such an underhand manner moreover, what shame! Grandfather would have wanted you to expand the company even more, not dump it to another company!” The smaller male was trembling furiously with rage now, his fists tightly clenched as he lashed out at Doojoon, disregarding the press that was beyond the regular frenzy now. This was definitely hot news’ material and headline worthy.



“Shut up, imp. You hold a mere 10% of the shares, your words carry almost no weight at all,” Mr Yoon’s cold voice pierced through the bustle of the crowd as the Yoon trio glared at him.



“But grandfather—“



“I’m not letting grandfather down, Yoseob ah,” Doojoon interrupted, smiling warmly at him. The smaller male quietened down, seeing the familiar loving eyes of his hyung after almost two weeks of cold, indifference attitude from him. The cat eyed male stepped down from the stage and approached the smaller male, holding his hand as he continued, “I’ll still be CEO. Just that, I’ll be CEO of the Yong Company. The Yoon Company will still exist but now, with the backing and under the name of the Yong Company. I am still making grandfather proud, I am still working hard as a CEO, and I am still earning money as the hardworking male grandfather wanted me to be.”



“But… I don’t, I don’t get it”, Yoseob looked at Junhyung enquiringly, baffled and at an utter loss right now.



The taller male smiled, prying Doojoon’s hands off his love in as subtle a manner as he can, “I’m stepping down as CEO, little one. I’ve told you before. The business life, it isn’t for me. Ever since I returned to Seoul, I’ve been trying to find a perfect replacement to take over my role and while I was talking to Doojoon about two weeks back, it seemed like nobody fits better than him.”



“He asked if I was willing to consider taking on the role as CEO for the Yong company but I couldn’t let go of the Yoon company since grandfather had spent most of his life building it up. I figured that a merger would be the best solution but Mr Yong here stated clearly that as long as my parents and sister were shareholders of the Yoon Company, he would not agree to the merger. Thus, this morning when they signed their shares to me, I’ve sent Mr Yong the final contract proposal which he signed a while ago.”



“Doojoon!” Mr Yoon barked, “Are you telling me that this is a plan conceived between you and Yong? Are you as ungrateful as that little over there, conniving with outsiders to trick your parents who had given you such a good life since you were a child?!”



The cat eyed male inhaled deeply and shot them a piercing glare that sent shivers down to the ends of their spines, “Yes, I came up with the plan with Junhyung two weeks back. Why, you may ask. It’s because I always thought that as unscrupulous as you can get, you wouldn’t do something too atrocious. Obviously, I was wrong. The moment I knew what you had attempted on Junhyung’s parents, I knew that this was it and I cannot allow for you all to continue on your merry ways. Now it may be his parents. But the next, I fear that it might be on Yoseob.”



The smaller male’s eyes filled with tears as he pulled away from Junhyung and ran to Doojoon, hugging him tight, “Hyung…”



Doojoon smiled as he wiped a stray tear from Yoseob’s face, “As much as I know that I’ll never be the love of his life, I know that I am willing to do anything for this child. All my life, the Yoons never felt like a real family except grandfather who would teach me meaningful life lessons. Then, when this child entered the family, I finally felt at home for the first time in my life. You three,” He stared pointedly at his adoptive parents and sister, “Have gone too far with your greed and I cannot allow for that to happen. Grandfather would agree with what I am doing now.”



“Bull”, Mrs Yoon snapped, “You made yourself sound so heroic and noble but you are actua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter