Crushed

I'm Sorry

(Junhyung's POV)

A week passed. I missed her but I'm avoiding her to let Kikwang get his prize. Why didn't I just ignore him? "Junhyung-ah." I heard Hara say. I looked at her waiting for her to speak. "So, you really like Jiyoung?" She asked as I noticed her looking down.

"I can't like her anymore." I said coldly and looked away.

"If you can't get her out of her head, could I help you?" She suggested as I stayed quiet thinking about it.

"What do you have in mind?" I turned back and saw her close to my face. My face was getting hot. Her eyes were on my lips as she came closer. Then her lips touched mine. It was soft and warm. I was frozen by the sudden kiss. I tried pulling away from it but couldn't. I happened to kiss her back until she pulled away. We were gasping for air. "I'm sorry, I can't..." I got up and walked to the Han River, where Jiyoung and I would always come after school.

"Wait, Junhyung!" She came following me. "About earlier, I could help you."

"No, I can't. I just can't. I'm sorry Hara." I apologized as we reached the bridge. I stared down at the flowing water and flashbacked to when Jiyoung and I were playing around with rocks and throwing it down the river.

"Rock, paper, sciccors!" Jiyoung and I both gestured our hands to make those.

"Aha! I win! I flick your head twice!" She grinned evilly and flicked me.

"Aish, next is throwing rocks down to the river!" I smirked.

"Ani, ahjusshis would get mad!" She glared at me.

"What, too scared?" I kept the look on and got ready to fight her in Rock, Paper, Sciccors! "Ready?"

"Rock, paper, sciccors!" We played again! I won this time!

"C'mon loser!" I handed her a rock. She glared at me and took it. She dropped it then leaned over the bridge to look at it fall down with me.

"Yah! You two!" An ahjusshi shouted from the boat that was below. "I'm going to get you guys!" Jiyoung and I ran to safety, which was back at school. Jiyoung smacked my head lightly and panted for air. 

"Don't waste my energy!" She turned away from me and walked off.

"But you lost!" I played smart.

"Whatever!" She didn't look back and started running ahead. "See ya!"

"Earth to Junhyung." Hara's hand was waving in front of my face.

"Huh, what?" I snapped out of it and picked up a rock from the ground.

"So what do you say?" She smiled peacefully.

(Jiyoung's POV)

For the past six days, Kikwang occupied me while Junhyung was with Hara.

"What is it that you're going to do?" I asked Kikwang. He smiled sheepishly.

"When the time comes, you will know." He replied as I got up. "Where are you going?"

"I forgot my books at school." I answered him and walked back.

"Wait for me." He grabbed my hand and gave me a warm sincere grin. I pulled my hand back and smiled at him as I continued walking. We arrived shortly and the very first thing I saw was Junhyung and Hara. Mouth to mouth. "Hey, it's Junhyung and hara." My heart shattered into pieces.I held in my breath and walked by quickly to grab my books inside the class. It was no use trying to forget him. I walked back to the Han River and lie down on the grass next to the river and closed my eyes listening to the rushing water smash into each other. "Jiyoung, are you okay?" Kikwang sat by me.

"Yeah, just relaxing." I lied.

"Oh, it's Junhyung and Hara on the bridge." I opened my eyes and sat up and saw them on the bridge.

"Kikwang, I have to go." I said quickly and walked towards home.

"I'll send you there." He smiled and walked with me. "Jiyoung, what kind of music do you like?"

"I like pop and ballad." I replied to kill time.

"Oh, is that so." He walked by me now. After that, it was pure silence until we got to my place.

"We're here. Thanks for walking me home." I gave him a slight smile and walked inside.

In class, Kikwang sat by me and Junhyung sat by Hara. I sighed and managed to ignore my broken heart. I opened up to Kikwang more and considered him a friend. We learned a lot about each other. On what food we liked, color, hobbys, all those basic things. He was keeping my mind off of Junhyung, which was good, but today, Kikwang didn't come to school. I decided to walk over to Junhyung and confront our friendship. "Junhyung, why aren't you hanging with me or Kikwang anymore?" I asked, hurt.

"I think it's better this way." He said softly, which broke my heart more. "If we continue to be friends... I don't think I can control myself."

"What do you mean?" My vision was getting blurred from the water swelling in my eyes.

"It means I'm done with you. It means we shouldn''t see each other anymore. It means I don't consider you a friend anymore." He said coldly leaving me to tears.

"...So this is how it ends. Our five years of friendship, over just like this? I truly trusted you Yong Junhyung, and it hurts me so much on how you ditched me. Maybe it is better this way..." I wiped my tears away and smiled at his cold expression. I walked out of class then to the river. The roarings of the flowing water didn't help me anymore as I sat on the grass. Silently, tears flowed down my cheeks. Then I felt arms around me, conforting me. I felt the warmth of his chest. My heart bursted making me cry endlessly. He held me until I calmed down. After calming down, I looked up and discovered it was Kikwang. I got his shirt all wet. "I'm sorry for getting your shirt wet." I pulled away from him and bowed 90 degrees.

"Don't bow, it's okay." He hugged me tightly. We stayed like this for a while. I enjoyed his presence as if of now. I never knew he would be the one to make me feel secure. "What happened to you, Jiyoung?"

"...Junhyung and I are no longer friends." I replied in a low voice.

"That's why. I'll go talk to him later." He mumbled to himself.

"No, don't." I whispered.

"It's okay. I will be fine." He smiled.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the background.

(Updated December 4th, 2011 @8:31PM California, USA)