Saranghae

I'm Sorry

(Kikwang's POV)

I knocked on Hara's door but no answer. I peeked inside the window but nothing. I continued to knock until I heard laughter behind me. I turned around and spotted Junhyung with Hara. I walked up to him and pushed him. "Yah!" Junhyung glared at me and fixed his jacket. "What was that for? You got your prize and still mad at me?"

"That's not the problem, Yong Junhyung." I whispered coldly.

"Then what?" He scoffed.

"Jiyoung." I said meeting his eyes. His expression changed.

"What?" He tried sounding casual.

"Why are being like this? Why are you avoiding her? Even if I am hanging with her now, you should continue to be there for her." I sighed and shifted my eyes onto Hara. She walked inside the house not wanting to interfere. 

"I can't stand the jealousy." Junhyung confessed after a minute of silence. "And to keep our friendship, I had to forget about her. Someone has to be hurt when things like this occur..." He walked inside the house and closed the door behind him. I sighed and thought about this situation I got myself into. I thought about his last sentence.

"But we're all hurt." I said as I walked back home and found Jiyoung on the front porch of my house knocking on the door. She turned around with a smile on her face and waved. While walking towards her, my heart started to pound my chest.

"Annyeong." She greeted me warmly.

"Annyeong." I replied back. "What are you doing here?"

"I was just wondering if you were hungry." Her eyes smiled. I nodded and grinned at her. 

"Come on in." I opened the door.

"Where did you go?" She asked and set the lunchbox down.

"Junhyung." I replied without thinking. "Ah, I mean, Lee Joon hyung." I bit my lower lip and avoided her eye contact.

"Why did you go?" She asked knowing that I was lying.

"Because I was worried." I answered in shame. "I was worried about you and Junhyung."

A smile appeared on her beautiful face. "Thank you." She came towards me and gave me a hug. It stayed like this for a while. My arms that's holding her right now, made my face burn from the blushing. While hugging her I decided that I will confess when my heart is ready to burst.

Jiyoung pulled away from the hug and tears spilled out from her dazzling eyes. I wiped her tears away. "Why are you crying?" I smiled at her.

"I'm happy I have someone to lean on." She grinned and wiped off her own tears. "C'mon, lets eat." She smiled and set her food out.

"Kim Chi, Katsu Chicken, and Ddukboggi!" I exclaimed in excitement. "Did you make this?" I swallowed hard by looking at the food. She nodded and gave me chopsticks. I sat down and grabbed the Ddukboggi to eat. The spicyness was perfect. The taste of it was... sweet. I loved it. Jiyoung sat next to me and ate.

"You know, I loved Junhyung." Jiyoung confessed after we ate.

My happiness faded away then I nodded. "I know."

"Was it that obvious?" She seem to be whispering it to herself.

Awkward silence was the loudest as if of now. 'Someone has to be hurt when things like this occur.'

(Jiyoung's POV)

"If we continue to be friends... I don't think I can control myself." The words echoed in my head as the silence grew louder. For two days, these words... these words put me to bed. What really was the meaning of this?

"Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae, saranghae..." My phone sang while someone called. The song made me remember the day when Junhyung made that rap.

"I can't get this right." He said frustrated almost ready to give up.

"Just keep practicing!" I grinned at him while he was looking at his paper. I grabbed it from him and sang it. "Saranghae, saranghae saranghae, saranghae, saranghae i se geuljaman."

"Shouldn't you be focusing on yours?" He smirked at me. "But thanks for helping. I'll try now. Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae, saranghae, saranghae, i se geuljaman."

"Finally!" I yelled in glee. He covered his ea rs immediatly and came closer to me. I felt breathless as he came closer. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes. He came closer until our face almost touched. I closed my eyes then he pulled me into a hug. My heart surely was skipping beats.

"Thank you." He whispered in my ears.

I flushed in embarassment and felt my face getting hot. We pulled away from the hug and only I felt awkward.

I broke out from the flashback and picked up the phone. It was my childhood friend, Kang Minhyuk. "Yobosaeyo?" I answered.

"Jiyoung! I'm back in Seoul for a while." He sound excited. He moved to Japan for education, Koyo Gakuin High School. "Come pick me up will ya? I wanna see you first! I'll be there in like 30 minutes!"

"Ah, okay. I'll come. Bye Minhyuk." I almost hung up.

"Wait, Jiyoung." He stopped me.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Call me Oppa like the old days." I could hear him giggling.

"Bye Minhyuk." I chuckled and hung up.

"Who was that?" Kikwang asked.

"My childhood friend. He just came back from Japan." I smiled at him. "I have to go and pick him up in about 25 minutes."

"How long has he been gone?" He asked as he went to wash the dishes.

"He's been gone for six years." I replied.

"You should welcome him with food! Yours is the best!" Kikwang suggested and gave me the clean lunchbox he washed.

"Nah, he never liked my cooking. So I always ate his cooking." I looked at my watch. "Kikwang, how far is the airport from here?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Updated December 11th, 2011 @ 12:21PM California, USA Time!)