1st Gold: Prologue

Spirit of the Wolf: Golden [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Past

A six year old Lee Sun Hee sat on the ground, her small hands pressing against her ears tightly as she tried to shut the loud shouting in the house out. It had lasted for hours, and the kid wasn't sure if she could take it any further. 

The man she called her father had raised his fist and it towards her mother with speed and no intention to stop. That had been Sun Hee's cue to run outside just before that could happen once again. Shivers of fear was still sent down her spine as she remember clearly the last incident. 

The birds had been singing loudly right outside her window, but yet, she couldn't hear it. Her parents' screams of bloody murderer blocked the beautiful voice anyway. The parents' fight had been going on all day, and she had listened to it before she went to kindergarten and after she got home. Sun Hee was tired of their voices constantly shrilling in her ears, the want of everything to stop continued to repeat in her mind. But she couldn't. She was too little and small and fragile. Her small voice was not hear compared to the piercing screams of her mother or the angry hollering of her father. 

The frustration had built up inside her, and once she finally had enough, everything had went wrong. All the power in her had bottled up into energy, a ball of adrenaline that grew each and every time she heard her parents' voices. 

The birds that sung outside her window so beautifully had suddenly fallen off the branch. The once clear sky had drastically turned darker, huge clouds blocking the sun. Everything got silent, the shouting was gone, and all she heard now was the loud beating of her own heart. She had then turned around, looking for her parents' as fear rose in her. But they had been knocked out cold on the floor. A day passed, and they didn't remember anything. 

Sun Hee remember how scared she was when her parents seemed to have no sign of waking up. A huge part of her was afraid that they had died. She still remembered the reflections of her eyes on the window as she stared out at at the birdies that laid dead on the grass; how her eyes had glowed gold. Black smoke had left the birdie's bodies, creepily going towards her. 

She hoped that would never happen again. 

The sound of the bush next to her rustle made her quickly look up in surprise only yelp in shock as the closeness of the face that had appeared in front of her. 

A boy around her age with huge puppy eyes stared deeply into her soul in confusion and curiosity. Head tilting to the side, he blinked, mimicking the girl's actions before his eyes traveled to the house behind her, eyebrows furrowing at the loud noise before looking back at Sun Hee with a small smile. 

He didn't say anything. 

She watched as the unknown boy removed her hands from her head before replacing them with his own. 

A flash of silver in the boy's eyes made Sun Hee's own widen as she stared at the reflection with her own gold eyes. 

They smiled. 

****

"HEY, JONGIN!" the little girl at the age of eight greeted her best friend as she climbed in the said boy's bedroom. Her short, black hair swayed as she peeked her head past the curtains to look for the boy with the Jackie Chan hairstyle. Her eyes slowly sat on the lump on the bed, a grin plastering on her face as the stretched lips revealed her missing tooth from her set of pearls. Stepping down from the window pane, she proceeded to walk towards the bed in the corner. 

"Jongin~!" the little girl sang playfully. Raiding her leg over the lump before letting it down forcefully, she watched in amusement as the lump curled up in pain, groaning out loudly. 

"Go away!" the lump cried with a muffled voice, blindly kicking at the girl. Furrowing her eyebrows in an almost-form of a frown, she fisted the blanket that covered the lump in attempt to pull it off. However, as if he had felt her hands, the lump pulled the cover towards himself, locking all possible breathing-holes. 

"What's wrong with you today?" the girl asked annoyed, not really used to her best friend acting so weirdly. Something was definitely up, and she knew. Tugging on the cover in want to reveal her best friend to the world, she was left disappointed at the fact that the lump easily kept the duvet shut and tightly against itself. 

"I-I don't feel too good. Y-You should go home before you get sick." the lump stuttered before sneezing right after -  bad habit it had after lying. The girl only rolled her eyes, smirking at the plan she had thought out in her head. 

"Alright,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter