Since The Start

It Happened

I stare at Ilhoon, a rather perplexed look on his face. “Why?” He asks in a rather guarded sort of way. Not that I don’t understand why, this is sort of a touchy subject.

I laugh, smile on my face. “I’m just curious. Junhyung mentioned it to me the other day. I mean for two years we were in close proximity, but I really didn’t know what you were up to.” I say with a shrug. “We can talk about something else if you’d like.” I offer up as I set the meat down on the table between us.

Ilhoon gives me this wary glance. “I feel like I’m being tricked, I say something you get mad, I don’t you get mad. Either way I feel like this could come back to bite me.”

I shake my head and watch Ilhoon, he’s fidgeting. “I’m not going to be mad. We weren’t dating. I did encourage you to go be happy just like you were me.” I say honestly. “Really, Ilhoon, if you don’t want to say you don’t have to. I’m just curious.”

Ilhoon doesn’t say anything for a while before he looks back at me. He splits the meat between us, making me a roll and passing it to me. “Just some dates, I was seeing this girl my sister set me up with for about a month, but I was still pretty hung up on you.” He says finally. “It didn’t go past us kissing. I just couldn’t do it. It wasn’t anything serious.”

I nod my head, as I eat I smile at Ilhoon. “Oppa, thank you.” I say.

Ilhoon glances to me, fidgeting again. I suppose he’s trying to work up the nerve to ask me. “Peniel told me after the fact, but the girls were setting you up on blind dates?”

I nod my head. “Quite a few to be honest. I only saw maybe three guys more than once, aside from Jongsuk.” I admit with a shrug, making Ilhoon a wrap. “Jaebum and Jinyoung even set me up with one of their friends.” I say chuckling. “He was pretty shy, but he was really sweet.”

The look on Ilhoon’s face tells me that he has an idea who it was. “Not that super buff leader guy under Starship.”

I chuckle and nod my head. “Why are you making that face?” I ask as I tilt my head watching Ilhoon stuff his mouth. “Oppa, nothing really happened.”

“So what did happen?” Ilhoon asks pointedly. He stares at me before letting out a deep breath. “I change my mind. Who else though?”

“It’s not that I don’t want to tell you, but you seem to be getting upset.” I say gently, I watch as Ilhoon shakes his head and gives me this very determined look. “Are you sure?”

“Just the ones you went out with more than once. Then I can drop it and never think about it again.” He says rather seriously. I kind of think this is a bigger deal than I thought it would be. I was honestly just curious about the girl Ilhoon had started to see. This though as him on edge, he has this whole worried look to him. “I promise, I won’t get mad. I’m just curious.”

I sigh as I make a wrap for myself. Honestly speaking, this one is my fault. “Jinhwan, Wonsik, and Hyunwoo.” I answer, the last one I say hesitantly.

“Hyunwoo?” I nod my head. “Like the guy that was the guy you married in the music video?” I nod my head again. “Why him?” He asks with a groan. “And who is Wonsik?”

“Ravi from VIXX, he’s funny.” I comment. I glance to see Ilhoon waiting. “Yoora suggest it to Hyunwoo I guess and set up the date, but it was weird. I only really saw him as a friend.” I answer.

“Jinhwan, the guy in iKon, under YG?” Ilhoon presses. I nod my head. “Why the hell do you have such refined tastes? And why Ravi, he’s tall, buff, a rapper, he writes his own stuff, he’s…really handsome. You went out with model types.” He lists all of it off, sort of gritting his teeth between reasons and mumbling the last bit.

I laugh, Ilhoon pouts. “Oppa, it isn’t like I’m the one set the dates up, I went on blind dates. I had no idea who everyone was setting me up with.” I say trying to ease him. “I don’t want to upset you.”

“Okay, okay, I get it. Just, it’s frustrating. You’re adorable, and I happen to know at least two of them claim you to be their ideal, and one of the other did very much have a very big thing for you. And they’re all very attractive…”

“Ilhoon, the dates were like two years ago.” I point out. “I only saw them the few times, after that just on shows and in passing.” I remind him with a smile. “Do I get a name of the girl that you sister set up with?”  I ask curiously.

Ilhoon smiles. “Yoona, she’s not an artist. She was down to earth, and really understanding of the whole me still being in love with you thing.”

“She sounds nice.” I comment easily. I watch as my boyfriend yet again starts to fidget. “What do you want to ask now?” I ask amusedly.

“How far did it go with them?” Ilhoon asks while blushing and looking away from me, he’s still shifting in his seat.

I let out a sigh, I sort of figured it turn into this. “I never did more than hold hands with Hyunwoo, if that’s the one you’re concerned about.”

“Ravi and Jinhwan?” He asks quietly, he’s worried about them all.

I can tell it’s bothering him. “Just kissing, Oppa. I’m sort of sorry I brought this up.”

Ilhoon shakes his head. “It’s not so bad, like you said, you don’t really see them anymore, and we weren’t dating. Besides, you’re still really honest with me.”

I laugh, shaking my head I watch Ilhoon carefully, trying to decide if things really are okay like this. “If we’re being honest, I’m pretty jealous of Yoona.” I say blushing and looking away from Ilhoon. “Even if it was just kissing.”

“Well I’m pretty jealous of the guys you did date. You’re sort of way too adorable. How did Junhyung even survive that?!” Ilhoon says sounding rather surprised. “Ah, wait. Don’t tell me. He had no idea until Jongsuk.”

I laugh, my blush dying down. “He had no idea until that day we had to go back in and re-record all those songs.” I admit candidly. “He was pretty mad.”

“How did he find out?” Ilhoon asks curiously.

I shake my head, he enjoys Junhyung picking on other people. “He sort of stumbled in on a lunch date.” I answer coyly. “Yeah, no. He was pretty mad.”

“Oh I know. Junhyung vented to me after we started talking. It was ridiculous, even the nice things or his good points weren’t safe!” Ilhoon says smirking. “You know, I kinda feel for him though. Though it makes me wonder what he said about me? I bet he had even more people to complain to though.”

“Never called you a .” I answer with a smile. “At least not around me. You know he took it pretty well this time around too.” I say mentioning how we told Junhyung about us. Though I’m sure my brother is happy that I just didn’t wait to tell him. It wasn’t until later that Junhyung came up to me, hugged me tightly and thanked me for telling him so early on.

Ilhoon smiles. “I do have that going for me.” Ilhoon and I finish the rest of our dinner talking about random things, the subject of old dates long past, and us moving on.

Ilhoon and I move to sit on the couch after cleaning up out dinner. “So tell me how we got lucky with this date night?” He asks curiously.

“Melody has a special date with Mark, Julia is hanging out with some of her friends from YG, Sooyoung is a drama shooting in Busan, Yoora has rehearsal for the musical she’s in, Jinri is on a date with some guy she met in her class, and Iseul is hanging out with Sehun. Of course Cheonmi and Jackson are together, probably making out.” I answer listing off our good fortune. “And I’m on break!” I say cheerfully.

Ilhoon smirks at me. “Special date?”

I smirk at Ilhoon. “I don’t know, they’ve been together for a while now, I bet Mark has something he wants to ask.” I reply knowingly.

“Oh, that’s exciting.” The look on Ilhoon’s face quickly sours, his eyes landing on me. “You’ve been proposed to an ungodly amount of times, by idols, friends, and fans. Not to mention that one guy.”

I scoff and roll my eyes. “One was for work, the friends’ ones you had a direct part in, you’ve proposed to me and suggested we elope all before we even started to date.” I say while dismissing the claims rather easily.

“Well I do plan on asking you eventually, you know.” Ilhoon says rather seriously. “It isn’t like I plan on letting you go this time.”

“Well when you ask, I’ll give you a proper answer.” I reply with a smile. Ilhoon smiles at me, a hint of blush on his face.

“Have you talked to Junhyung?” Ilhoon asks after a while.

I nod my head. “We write each other a lot, I do the same with Doojoon and Hyunseung too.” I reply quietly. The three of them have enlisted and been gone for quite a few months already. “My mom took it pretty hard when Oppa went.” I say frowning.

“Well Junhyung is really dependable.” Ilhoon says in a soft tone. “You must miss him a lot. You were in Japan when he went.”

I nod my head pouting. “We couldn’t really help it.” I say sighing heavily. “I did spend a whole weekend with him though so it’s not like I didn’t see him off.” I say trying to comfort that thought. Ilhoon moves over pulling me into his chest. “I’m not sure what I’m going to do when you go.”

“Well, that’ll be in a while. We’ll be married by then.” Ilhoon says rather confidently. “And when I get back, we’ll get a home together, start a family, it’ll be pretty sweet.” He says rather easily.

This time I can picture it quite well. Ilhoon and I buying an apartment together, the family we’ll start, sending our kid off to school eventually, I can see it all.

“You pictured it just now, didn’t you?” Ilhoon mumbles while kissing my cheek. When I nod my head I can feel his arms tightening around me, and my holding him close. “I swear, I’m gonna give you all that.”

“I look forward to it. So you better be ready.” I mumble shyly into his neck.

Ilhoon chuckles. “You’re getting pretty serious there,” He murmurs while rubbing my back in a very soothing fashion. The thought of having Ilhoon next to me for the rest of my life is comforting. Everything about this idiot makes me feel at ease. “You’ve always accepted my proposals.”

“I’ve been in love with you since the very start.” I point out. “No one else stands a chance.” Ilhoon’s laugh is soft, but I feel the vibrations from his chest on my own, I can tell that this is laugh he covers up sappy moments with. “Oppa I love you.”

“I love you Dayoungie. I have since the start.” He whispers in my ear.


To be honest, I unexpectedly finished this.
I think this ties everything together nicely
while still giving you guys the chance to imagine what will happen and all.
I was planning on some different things, but as usual it didn't turn out that way at all.
I hope you guys enjoyed though!