KiSeob's Book #1

(BxB) Cube's Bookshelf [Major Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Love Blossom[/CONTENTID1]​

[CONTENTID2]​Setting: Idol AU || Notes: Just a words-vomitting while I listen to the same-titled song by K.Will, serious.[/CONTENTID2]​

[CONTENTID3]​​Lee Kikwang. The name that no one didn’t recognize in South Korea. The current famous solo idol singer that everybody loves. The reason? Because he’s a sweetheart and titled as the idol that lives for his fans. Yes, Lee Kikwang is just like his title. He always thinks of his fans in whatever he did, he really loves his fans and willing to do everything just for his fans. You won’t meet such an idol like him that adores his fans like how the fans adore him back. Hence, he worked very hard to meet everyone’s expectation. Either in his music, attitude and appearance, Kikwang perfected it all, just for his fans. And that also made him popular and won every music shows he went whenever he made a comeback.

And that had been the reason why he was walking so deadly to his next schedule. The one damn schedule he needed to do because of his fans. Simple, because he hated this one, but he couldn’t afford himself to do something against his fans’ wish and his CEO had just to use that one weakness of his.

This happened two weeks ago. Kikwang had been invited to a reality show where he could meet few lucky fans and granted their wish for a day. Apparently majority of his fans had applied for it so he was invited and some lucky fans were selected for the program. So he went for it with full of sunshine because he got to spend time with his fans that he claimed as his girlfriends. But it wasn’t simple as that. Kikwang sighed to the memory.

“Kikwang oppa.” Kikwang turned and flashed his smile. The café was reserved for the recording alone so he and 10 selected fans spent the time together, chatting and drinking coffee (which made by him). “Oppa, what do you think of new idol nowadays?” Kikwang blinked to the question because he didn’t expect that at all. Besides there’s too many idols debuted recently and Kikwang is not a type to care about it. But there’s certain someone he quite saw frequently during his promotion recently because that solo singer just debuted around the time he made a comeback. The fame of the new singer rose very quick and they even met as rival for No.1 winner on two music shows which still Kikwang won the trophy tho. Lucky that their promotion ended at the same time or Kikwang was sure he will see that guy received the award. Kikwang can’t help it but made that new singer as his rival and he hated that new singer, a lot. The fame that only shone upon him before now had to be shared with this new singer and Kikwang even noticed some of his fans started to support that new singer too. That made Kikwang hated the other more. And Kikwang’s best friend, Son Dongwoon wasn’t a help either when that guy became the new singer’s fans too and ditched him to stan his new idol. Somehow Kikwang just lost his best friend to that good-for-nothing new singer.

“Em, well they’re talented and I hope they could find their own colour quick so they can shine.” Kikwang just blurted out something as he paused too long to answer that question. The girl nodded. But her question didn’t end there when she frankly asked.

“What do you think about the new singer, Yoseob oppa?” Kikwang almost glared at the girl when the name rang in his ears. But Kikwang wasn’t that, he loves his fans so he calmed himself and answered the girl politely with a joke.

“Eh? Aren’t you showing too much that you’re his fans too?” Kikwang laughed and the other girls giggled. “Okay, anyway. I see his debut stage. He promoted at the same time as me. His voice is good. I can’t deny that.” Kikwang smiled even though he was cringing inside. He can’t believe he just complimented his rival. Kikwang sighed inside of his heart. The girl grinned and Kikwang raised his brow. The girl giggled.

“So, oppa completely okay right if-” The café’s door chimed, indicating someone is coming in. Kikwang wrinkled. The girl smiled and got up. “Yoseob oppa! Here!”

The girls gasped to the sudden appearance while Kikwang can’t contain his shock and displease. The hatred glare shot out from his black orbs as he met eyes with the newcomer. The girl just now brought Yoseob to the table. “Actually I really, really want to see Yoseob oppa and Kikwang oppa have a duet. So that’s my wish that I send to the show.” Kikwang blinked in surprise while Yoseob was standing awkwardly. The girl giggled. “Oh, Yoseob oppa and I are friends since young so we’re closed.” The girl grinned and made Yoseob sat on her previous seat which is on Kikwang’s left side.

“I’m sorry for her weird wish. It’s okay if you-” Kikwang ignored Yoseob’s words and smiled sweetly at the girl.

“Well, if that’s your wish, I will grant it. Is it okay with you, lovelies?” Kikwang turned to the other 9 girls. They nodded happily and squealed a bit. Kikwang nodded. “Name a song then.”

“How about your song ‘Smile’, oppa? Yoseob oppa can do Gayoon’s part.” One of the girls said. Kikwang nodded and turned to Yoseob.

“Do you know how the song goes?” Kikwang tried not to grimace but his eyes still shooting hatred which made the new singer shifted uncomfortably. Kikwang didn’t want to know but he was pretty sure Yoseob knew he hated him from their few encounters at the music shows. Kikwang expected Yoseob to say no but he nodded and gave a quiet ‘yes’. Kikwang just nodded shortly and then noticed the girl just now came out with a guitar. The girl giggled when Kikwang looked at her in shock.

“Oh, oppa. I know how to play that song so I’m totally going to join this. Oh gosh, my dream comes true.” Kikwang just smiled to her excitement, momentarily forgetting his enemy was there beside him. The girl struck the first note and Kikwang started his part. When he finished his part, Yoseob took the part that originally done by a girl from his agency. The first duet he ever did and with a girl but he’s fine with it.

Kikwang stunned when the first word came out from Yoseob’s lips perfectly hit the exact note and even single details that made as if Yoseob was his original duet. Lucky he managed to snap from his daze and continue singing the next part. He ignored Yoseob’s voice through the whole song because he was kind of hating Yoseob more for having such a great voice and he felt defeated. Kikwang had more reasons to hate Yang Yoseob right now.

The claps heard when the song finished. Kikwang threw smiles to his fans. But the next word made Kikwang really shocked. “Oppa! You should do duet with Yoseob oppa more often. You two perfectly go well together. Oh my god, I’m sure fans out there will ship you two hard.”

“Lee Kikwang! Come quickly!” Kikwang rolled his eyes as he was ushered by his manager. He did protest to reject this project but the manager told him they didn’t have a choice when their CEO was so-in-love with the idea after watching the program on TV and decided to make a project. Yes, you can guess. A collaboration of Lee Kikwang and his enemy, Yang Yoseob.

Kikwang groaned the loudest he could when he stepped into the recording studio. He’s just lucky there’s no one there except for his manager and Yoseob. Yoseob gave a quick glance before ignoring the other. Kikwang landed his harshly on the black couch while the manager sighed as he gave a bottle of tea that good for throat. “I will be around till you finish. Let me know if you finish earlier, okay Kikwang?” Kikwang sighed and nodded. The manager patted his shoulder and left. Kikwang’s grumpy face didn’t change and he completely ignored Yoseob’s existence in the same room. Yoseob didn’t say anything either, completely knowing Kikwang will ignore or get mad at him if he did or said something. So the new singer just immersed himself on the lyric sheets, trying to get the mood for the song they will be recording.

Their CEOs had planned to promote this collaboration as a special duo unit and it won’t be like one time project as they will make a comeback seasonally for the first year and the next year plan is still in discussion. And now they’re doing spring-themed song according to the current season. Which made Kikwang wants to gag when he first received the lyrics of three songs they will have in their first collaboration album. Well, spring is called for love and of course the song will be a sweet love story one.

Kikwang didn’t have much time to get mad and grumpy when the song producer came and both were instructed to get into the booth and started the recording. They recorded the first song which is their title song quite smoothly, just got advised by the producer to get the perfect record. Nothing happened between the two, just Kikwang kept giving cold shoulder and glaring each time he could. Yoseob was feeling hurt to be treated like that when he had no idea why the other was so hostile with him.

 

 

Perhaps recording was bearable for Kikwang but obviously not MV shooting. Why they needed a MV at the first place? Kikwang can’t understand this when he thinks that this collaboration didn’t need to be so serious to even have a MV. But it still happened anyway and Kikwang had to put his smile for a sleepless 24-hours MV recording and another 24 hours for jacket album-shooting where he had to be in the same place with his enemy. “Kikwang ssi, we’re starting the final scene.” Kikwang got up from his seat and walked to the filming site. Yoseob was already there with few backup dancers. Yeah, the final scene was the duo dancing. Kikwang didn’t like the choreography, serious. It was too fluffy cute and awkward. Well, Kikwang is fine with something cute but not definitely doing it together with his enemy. He groaned internally.

The first take started and Kikwang tried not to frown controlling his face while perfectly deliver his dancing. The dance had a storyline of two best friends chasing over a girl who has a nice long hair and back that turned out at the end as an ugly girl. Some funny and cute acts in between and all had interactions between Kikwang and Yoseob, which the reason why Kikwang wanted to kill who comes up with this stupid idea.

The recording was a pure torture for both as they had to do 20 takes just for dancing, with cameras from different angle. Kikwang was being the usual cold jerk and Yoseob suppressed his hurt to everything Kikwang done. Kikwang kept trying hard not to frown or grimace whenever Yoseob did the cute act that he thought not necessary while the new singer was singing to the camera. Another reason to hate Yang Yoseob, that new singer is sickeningly cute and a try-hard.

The MV shooting ended smoothly, thankfully and the two singers got their one hour rest before starting the next session, jacket album-shooting. Kikwang lay on the couch as soon as he reached the waiting room, ignoring anything because he needed some nap. The couch was a bit small to him so his legs dangled at the end of the couch. Yoseob came inside and noticed the other on the couch. He chose to ignore and sat on the other couch, leaning back. Kikwang already fallen asleep and the silence accompanied the room because no one was in there.

Yoseob glanced over the sleeping male. He silently watched the other handsome feature. Well, Kikwang exceptionally looked harmless when he was sleeping and Yoseob can’t deny that guy was kinda handsome to his liking. The new singer once saw the other sleeping on one of the music shows where they had to share the room to Kikwang’s dismay. Kikwang was the first one to perform and lack of sleep so he took tiny chances to sleep and Yoseob saw him sleeping.

Someone opened the door and called their name. Yoseob glanced and signalled the st

Please log in to read the full chapter