MinKwang's Book #1

(BxB) Cube's Bookshelf [Major Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Petals[/CONTENTID1]​

[CONTENTID2]​Setting: Idol AU, Hanahaki AU || Notes: I dunno why I have this idea, enjoy and here a bit info about that disease[/CONTENTID2]​

[CONTENTID3]​Minhyuk covered his mouth quickly when the painful and deadly nausea hit him. Hyunsik who was sitting beside him wrinkled when he noticed his hyung’s pale face. “Minhyuk hyung, kuenchana?”

‘Please, not now…please.’ Minhyuk was pleading and praying inside, not noticing Hyunsik’s question. Hyunsik touched Minhyuk’s back. “Minhyuk hyung?” That drew all BTOB members’ attention on him. Minhyuk was fighting the urge to vomit and he knew it’s pretty hard to do so. Not when the itching was killing him. His throat felt like being rubbed on a hard surface and it’s very painful.

“Minhyukkie?” That voice came too close to his ears and it was his last straw. Minhyuk got up very suddenly and left the studio hastily. He didn’t care the after effect of him running out while they’re almost on air but he didn’t want to risk having the others see his sick condition. A very rare and ridiculous condition, and most importantly he didn’t want the secret to be out. Moreover to him.

Minhyuk locked the cubicle and poured everything out on the floor. He couldn’t risk a clogged toilet if he poured his vomit into the toilet bowl. Minhyuk squeezed his eyes tight; a tiny tear escaped his both eyes due to the pain. He coughed and coughed, kept coughing terribly that he felt he almost coughed out his throat. Minhyuk fell on his knees once he emptied his throat. He tried to breathe regularly. Minhyuk opened his eyes slowly and caught the sight of white dampened floor covered by numerous orange rose petals. A sigh escaped his lips.

Minhyuk rubbed his raw throat. He felt thirsty and sore each time after he threw up. The BTOB rapper massaged his temple a little. He was diagnosed with this weird disease – Hanahaki disease, a disease where the human coughed up flowers due to severe one-sided love – two months ago when he suddenly coughed up yellow rose petals one morning. Freaking out, he quickly went to the hospital alone for checkups. The doctor confirmed him about his condition and Minhyuk would never imagine the feelings he had was a serious one when he thought it’s just a mere crush. He didn’t say a thing to other people even his BTOB members and parents, he was afraid. None of them knew he’s gay and if he chose to share this condition of his to any of them, he definitely will need to tell them who his crush is and them automatically knew he’s gay. Minhyuk wasn’t ready for any judgment etc, so he kept quite.

His condition in the first month wasn’t too severe. He coughed up yellow rose petals in first two weeks few times in the morning after the first day. When he hit the third week, it became gradually often and the throwing up occured every morning when he entered the forth week. The colour also changed to orange. Minhyuk went on internet searching about his disease and even often contacted the doctor to know more about his condition on that forth week. He found out if his throwing up became more and more frequent; it showed his feelings grow deeper and became more serious. Moreover when the colour started to change, the doctor suggested him to get the surgery to remove the petals in his heart completely as soon as possible before the disease messed with his health. Minhyuk had read about the surgery and somehow he was afraid to go for it, he’s scared to think he won’t have any feelings left for his crush after all the petals removed. He couldn’t cope with that fact; somehow he was hoping his crush will like him back in order for this disease to be treated without the surgery. He also read about the meaning of colour on the internet. He had passed the stage he likes his crush a little bit more than a friend and with the orange petals now, Minhyuk knew he loved him passionately seeing how he’s afraid to go for the surgery and gambled his life on the line just for his obviously one-sided love.

“Minhyuk hyung? Hyung, are you in here?” Minhyuk startled and quickly moved his hands to clean up the petals on the floor. He flushed the toilet and threw the petal in the tissue bin inside the cubicle. He covered it with the rolled tissue so it won’t be seen and made sure nothing’s left on the floor. “Hyung?”

“I-” Minhyuk’s voice cracked. He coughed a bit and cleared his throat. “I’m here, Ilhoon.”

“Hyung, are you okay? What’s happening?” Minhyuk took a breath before opening the door. Ilhoon’s worried face came into his view. Minhyuk gave a mild smile.

“Nothing’s happened. I felt a bit sick and throw up. It’s okay; maybe I eat something’s bad.” Minhyuk said as he held Ilhoon’s shoulder on both sides, turning Ilhoon to the entrance. “Go back to the studio; I will come after I cleaned my mouth.” Minhyuk said as he went to the sink and gurgled some water. Ilhoon took a glance at the rapper and bit his tongue as he wanted to ask something but he stopped himself when he noticed Minhyuk’s tired face. He decided to ask about it later, when they’re back into the dorm.

Minhyuk returned to the studio, receiving a look from everybody. He quickly apologized and told them the same as he had told Ilhoon just now. The leader and the maknae were worried about the rapper but Minhyuk just smiled mildly, dismissed them and just lucky the DJ asked them to get ready for continuing the radio show.

 

 

Minhyuk leaned to the seat with closed eyes. His head was spinning after they finished the radio and on the way back to the dorm. Eunkwang let Minhyuk sat at the passenger’s seat beside the driver when he noticed the pale was still obvious on Minhyuk’s face. Understanding and noticing the same, the rest of the members kept their low voice along the way to the dorm letting their eldest rapper had some rest. Minhyuk opened his eyes when he felt a hand pressed on his forehead. He jerked a bit when he heard the familiar voice.

“Stay still; I’m checking your temperature.” Minhyuk’s cheeks heated and blushed so much. The driver took a glance at Minhyuk then at the back. The rest already fell asleep. “You’re not having a fever, thankfully.” Eunkwang sighed. “Are you really okay, Minhyuk?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just need some sleep.” Minhyuk turned to the window, avoiding Eunkwang. Eunkwang exhaled.

“Okay, when we’re home, you should take some medicine if you’re still vomiting. Tell me if you’re hurting anywhere, okay?” Minhyuk just hummed and closed his eyes again. Eunkwang just watched from the side. The rapper tried to empty his head, afraid he would suddenly want to vomit. Being with Eunkwang so close and with Eunkwang gave him such a good care, it torn him inside and his heart ached. He knew those aches can lead him throwing up again, the doctor told him that. So he tried as much as he could to stop feeling those. And yeah, Seo Eunkwang is apparently Lee Minhyuk’s one-sided crush.

They arrived at the dorm near to midnight. Eunkwang stirred from his sleep when the driver parked the van in front of the dorm. He began to wake up the others. Minhyuk rubbed his eyes when he was awake by the noise. He blinked few times before ruffling his hair, stepping out from the van. Eunkwang just watched his same age friend walked into the dorm.

“Hyung?” Eunkwang turned when Sungjae called him. Apparently the rest already came out from the van except him. Sungjae stared at the leader. “Why you’re still there? What are you thinking of hyung?” Eunkwang shook his head.

“It’s nothing, maknae. Get inside.” Eunkwang said and pulled his bag as he came out from the van. He followed Sungjae’s steps into the dorm. When he stepped into their dorm, Ilhoon and Changseob were sprawling on the floor in front of the TV perhaps too tired to get into the room. Peniel was in the kitchen while Hyunsik walked into the bathroom. Sungjae walked straight to join Ilhoon and Changseob on the floor. Eunkwang noticed Minhyuk was nowhere to be seen and he assumed that rapper was in the room. The leader walked to the three males on the floor.

“Guys, go into the room if you want to sleep.” Eunkwang kicked three of them at the leg. Three of them groaned. Changseob sat up.

“Now I feel the emptiness.” They turned to Changseob. Changseob looked at the leader. “Is Minhyuk hyung so sick? Is that bad? Seeing it’s not him getting mad at us currently.” Eunkwang took a breath. Changseob was right, it wasn’t his thing to scold the member to get to the bed each time they just decided to crash on the floor once they reached dorm. It was always Minhyuk who they claimed as BTOB’s umma. A worry passed through his expression. Ilhoon looked at Eunkwang.

“Hyung.” Eunkwang turned to Ilhoon.

“He perhaps is tired. Let him rest for today and we will ask him tomorrow, okay?” Eunkwang assured them. “I already remind him to let us know if he’s in pain. Just keep a close watch on him okay?” They nodded. Peniel who listened to their word turned his head to the room’s door. He took a breath. Among all perhaps only Peniel noticed Minhyuk woke up at dawn and rushed to the bathroom, as Peniel slept on the upper bunk on top of Minhyuk’s bed. He sometimes stirred from the sleep due to the movement and there’s one morning he spied on Minhyuk. He heard the vomiting sound, he wanted to confront the elder but he didn’t know how as Minhyuk is well known with his attitude of hating people get nosy with his problem. He didn’t know whether he should tell Eunkwang about it or not as maybe Eunkwang could talk to Minhyuk.

“Peniel?” Hyunsik just came out from the bathroom and went to the kitchen for some water. Peniel startled.

“Yeah hyung.” Hyunsik stared at the younger.

“Are you okay?” Peniel plastered a smile.

“I’m fine.” Hyunsik just nodded to Peniel’s answer.

 

 

Minhyuk woke up due to the constricting pressure in his throat. He bit his lips hard as he slowly got up from the bed, afraid Peniel the light sleeper will be awake. Once he’s safe, Minhyuk practically ran to the toilet. At ing 5 in the morning, Minhyuk helplessly threw up petals once again. The tears came down freely as Minhyuk withstood the pain. His eyes closed tight. Once the nausea gone and nothing more came out, Minhyuk opened his eyes. His eyes widened to see the colour. Bright red.

Minhyuk took the petals one by one as his tears rolled down more. He felt the pain; he knew his condition was worsening. Bright red means love. He loves him too deep and he knew there’s no turning back. If his feelings didn’t get reciprocated, then he needed the surgery to stay alive. Minhyuk was extremely afraid now; he didn’t know what to do. It’s just a matter of time when the colour changed to its final stage, the dark crimson that bring the meaning of mourning which is the signal his body was no longer to withstand the growing petals and he will died even he went for the surgery after he threw up dark crimson petals. Minhyuk collected all the petals, cleaned the floor and threw the petals into the bin.

After few moments calming himself, Minhyuk unlocked the door and stepped out. He was stopped by someone at the door. He gasped in horror and almost fell on his knees to his wobbly legs seeing the person in front of him. “Minhyuk.”

“I- I’m okay.” Minhyuk released the hand around him and held the doorframe instead. “I’m okay, Eunkwang. You scared me.”

“I didn’t expect you’re inside. It’s still early. Are you okay, Minhyukie?” Minhyuk nodded softly.

“I’m fine just suddenly wanted to piss.” Minhyuk flashed a stupid smile before letting Eunkwang into the toilet as he stepped away. Eunkwang looked at Minhyuk for a last look before closing the door. Minhyuk exhaled in relief and quickly marched to the kitchen to get some water as he felt his throat itched again.

Eunkwang threw the tissue into the bin. He wrinkled as he saw red in a glim

Please log in to read the full chapter