Thursday – Month 1, Day 27 – Blindsided (part 3)

Love Song

 

 

                 “There’s no winner in Truth or Dare.” Hyomin sighed.

                  Sooyoung could not help but agree with her cousin-in-law. She knew she would be the biggest loser by the end of this game. Sooyoung had two options, feign sickness and hide in the bathroom or play and accept her fate. After taking a deep breath, she smiled and turned toward Hyomin. “I’ll start with … Hyomin then.” She wanted to delay the pain as long as possible and that meant she needed to avoid giving Jessica a turn.

                  “Huh? Why me?” Hyomin blinked.

                  “Just because.” Sooyoung smiled. “Truth or Dare?”

                  Hyomin rolled her eyes and nodded. “Fine. I pick Truth.” She played it safe.

                  Sooyoung thought for a moment then asked. “So when are you marrying my cousin?”

                  Hyomin looked shock and Sunny stared at Sooyoung. “What kind of question is that?” Sunny chuckled nervously and gave Hyomin a side-glance. She could tell that Hyomin was slightly uncomfortable.  “We don’t ha-“

                  “I’m saving up money right now … since I want the perfect wedding from Sunny’s dream … and we’d probably want a kid after marriage.” Hyomin replied in a thoughtful and quiet voice. She was blushing and trying to avoid Sunny’s stare. “If Sunny still wants kids …”

                  “I-I do!” Sunny blurted out. She reached over and planted a big kiss on Hyomin’s cheeks.

                  “Oh save that for your wedding.” Jiyeon yelled and laughed.

                  “You two are so sweet, it’s making me sick.” Sooyoung made a disgusted face. “Okay, your turn to ask someone.”

                  Hyomin grinned happily after a few more kisses from Sunny. After she came back from the clouds, she looked around the room and pointed toward Jiyeon. “Jiyeonie, Truth or Dare?”

                  Jiyeon gave the stereotypical teenager eye roll and shoulder shrug. “Dare.” She wanted to be seen as dangerous or at least, adventurous.

                  “Alright …” A devious smile suddenly lit Hyomin’s lips. “I dare you to ask Jieun over for dinner tomorrow night.”

                  “Wha-what? No!” Jiyeon vehemently shook her head. “You two are going to embarrass me!”

                  “You chose dare! If you give up, then you’re a chicken … like bock, bock, bock, begwoooock!” Hyomin and Sunny started to flap their arms and made chicken noises while everyone else chuckled.

                  Jiyeon was blinded by red-hot embarrassment, “Fiiiine! I’ll invite her over tomorrow … but you two better not do anything to ruin my reputation.”

                  “Reputation? What’s your reputation?” Sooyoung teased and Jiyeon gave her a mean look.

                  “I’m a badass mother fu-“ Jiyeon sneered.

                  “Watch your mouth, young lady.” Sunny snapped before Jiyeon could finish.

                  Jiyeon folded her arms and frowned at the cackling couple. “I hate you two!”

                  “Alright, it’s your turn, Jiyeon.” Sunny reminded the youngest while Hyomin continued to snicker.

                  Jiyeon looked back at Sunny. “Truth or Dare, unni?”

                  Sunny was not expecting such a quick reply so she was a little surprised. She took a moment to think. “I’ll go with Dare.”

                  Jiyeon smirked and pointed at Hyomin and Sunny. “I dare you two not to speak for the entire day tomorrow.”

                  “I refuse!” Sunny frowned and shook her head.

                  Hyomin pointed to herself. “Why am I in Sunny’s dare?”

                  “You chose dare! If you give up, then you’re a chicken … like bock, bock, bock, begwoooock!” Jiyeon laughed as she used Hyomin’s own words against her. She wanted to avoid Sunny and Hyomin saying embarrassing things about her.

                  “You sneaky little …” Hyomin reached for Jiyeon’s throat, but Sunny held her back.

                  “Deal!” Sunny smiled while Hyomin whined. “Buuuuuut …”

                  “Don’t worry darling, we don’t need to speak to get our words across. We will communicate via interpretive dances and kisses … maybe through a musical?” Sunny grinned and Jiyeon was horrified. “That’s right little girl, you’re going to be extra embarrassed.”

                  “NOOOOOOOOO!!” Jiyeon wailed while Hyoyeon, who was sitting beside her, covered her ears.

                  “Yah!” Hyoyeon sharply elbowed Jiyeon’s side. Then the two proceeded to bicker with each other while the game continued.

                  “Okay, let’s see … Yuri-shi, Truth or Dare?” Sunny nodded toward Yuri, holding the tan woman’s gaze with heavy intensity.

                  “Truth.” Yuri tilted her head and smiled at Sunny, like a challenge. She could tell Sunny distrusted her so she readied herself for the question.

                  Sunny continued to lock gaze with Yuri and thought for a little while. She did not particularly dislike Yuri, but Sunny had only known Jessica as Sooyoung’s love. She also did not approved of Yuri’s slightly aggressive attitude and the way she dressed. “If you could date anyone in this room, who would it be?”

                  Sooyoung was paying full attention to Yuri’s question, she could feel her entire body tense up, but she pretended to be calm. She smiled at Taeyeon, whose eyes met hers for a moment. It was not difficult for her to act aloof and listen at the same time, she often did this for work.

                  “Hmm … that’s a tricky question. I don’t want to offend anyone by picking their girlfriend,” Yuri intended for Tiffany to hear that, “That leaves three single people, but Jiyeon is too young for my taste …” She turned to look between Jessica and Sooyoung. “I guess I will choose …”

                  Sooyoung stared at Yuri, she disliked the way Yuri was dragging the answer out to build tension. Jessica merely looked back at Yuri with a bored expression. Finally, Yuri grinned toothily and turned toward Sunny, “I would date Sooyoung.”

                  “Why?” Sunny followed up.

                  “That’s a second question.” Sooyoung interjected.

                  “Because I’m in love with her.” Yuri answered without missing a beat.

                  The room became silent as everyone froze and looked at the smiling Yuri. Sooyoung almost forgot to breath and she felt herself sinking back against the love seat. She wished she was completely absorbed into the sofa and her presence be wiped from the room. She turned to steal a look at Jessica, but the other girl’s expression was the usual bored and cold combination.

                  The game must end now and just as Sooyoung was about to say something …

                  Yuri widened her smile and then turned to Tiffany as if she did not just drop a bomb in the room, “Truth or Dare, Tiffany-shi?”

                  The fact that Sooyoung did not reply to Yuri’s love declaration said more than words ever could. Jessica was painfully aware of that.

                  Tiffany gave Yuri a confused look before looking at Taeyeon. She croaked a husky response, “Truth.”

                  “Hmm … I thought you would choose dare …” Yuri was naturally gifted at acting cheerful, “Alright … other than Taeyeon-shi, who from this room would you date?”

                  Sooyoung was sure that she never told Yuri about how Tiffany had a crush on Sooyoung during high school. She was even more sure that Yuri was intentionally agitating Tiffany. “You’re recycling Sunny’s question?” Sooyoung tried to distract Yuri.

                  “I don’t think that’s against the rules or anything.” Yuri replied with her ever-smiling expression that was driving Sooyoung insane. Sooyoung knew what Yuri was trying to do, not that she could blame Yuri, but it was all going to hell.

                  “I would date Jessica.” Tiffany spoke after giving Taeyeon an apologetic look. Yuri was not going to ask why, but Tiffany continued anyways. “Because she is an honest person with a kind heart and quiet thoughtfulness. She would never intentionally hurt anyone. Dating her would be an honor.” Tiffany spoke for Sooyoung and Yuri to hear.

                  Sooyoung was brought to shame by her friend’s sincere answer. Her hands knit together as her eyes lower to her lap. She knew all those qualities and more, yet she was going to hurt Jessica.

                  “I see.” Yuri muttered.

                  “Sooyoung.” Tiffany picked the conflicted girl, not giving her a chance to think.

                  Sooyoung looked up and met Tiffany’s penetrating gaze. “…” She straightened her back and braced for impact, “Dare.” She was not ready for truth.

                  “Kiss Jessica.” Tiffany spoke without blushing.

                  “Tiffany!” Taeyeon gasped and turned to her girlfriend, who ignored her surprised and pleading look.

                  Jessica was surprised as well. “Tiff …” She cautiously turned toward Sooyoung, she saw only nervousness and guilt. What disappointed her most was Sooyoung looking at Yuri like an apologetic puppy. Jessica’s head was spinning as her heart raced.

                  Sooyoung could not believe that Tiffany felt that strongly about her and Jessica. She smiled nervously and turned to Jessica, after flashing Yuri another nervous look. “Excuse me …” She muttered and leaned in, aiming for Jessica’s rosy lips.

                  Jessica watched Sooyoung approaching her lips. She felt excited by the anticipation of the kiss, but her heart was sinking like a stone. When Sooyoung was a breath away from her lips, Jessica turned slightly and the kiss went to her cheek instead. Her eyes watered and she looked down at the floor. Without a sound, time could have stopped right before the kiss and their love could have been salvaged for eternity. Instead, time continued and the kiss felt like a condemning sentence. It brought neither elation nor relief, because both parties felt their world cracking at the core.

                  Sooyoung leaned away and quietly sighed. Her heart swelled with uncontainable sadness. She knew that Jessica knew. The only thing left is a confirmation, something that she was not willing to give yet. Sooyoung was trying to save her burning home with a bucket of water, it would unavoidably burn down but she wanted to hang onto that hope for as long as possible.

                  “Hyo, Truth or Dare?” Sooyoung continued the game with a sad smile. Everyone else was subject to the overwhelming sadness and awkwardness for a little longer.

                  Hyoyeon studied Sooyoung’s face for second. She was not known to be perceptive, but she could feel her friend was losing hope. What else could she do but to provide some comic relief? “Dare! Give me something good!” She cheerfully smiled.

                  Feeling thankful, Sooyoung smiled at Hyoyeon and nodded. “I dare you to prank call Kahi-unni.”

                  “WHOA! I said dare, not death sentence!” Hyoyeon cried out of fear.

                  “Are you chicken?” Yuri giggled and joined in. “C’mon, it’ll be fun. Call her home number.” She was in a playful mood.

                  Sooyoung tossed her home phone onto Hyoyeon’s lap. “Remember to hide my number.”

                  Hyoyeon gave Sooyoung a look that said ‘you ungrateful brat’ and picked up the phone. “I hope she doesn’t pick up unknown callers.” The phone beeped with each number she keyed in and then she pressed the speaker button. Half of the group watched her while the other half sat silently, lost in their own thoughts.

                  After three rings, Hyoyeon wanted to give up, but a soft click from the other line signaled a connection.

                  “Hello?” A woman’s voice picked up.

                  Hyoyeon’s eyes widened and she gave Sooyoung an urgent look. It was Jungah, not Kahi, who picked up. The one person that even Kahi was afraid of and Hyoyeon was going to piss her off. The poor girl almost cried and hung up.

                  “Hello?” Jungah said again.

                  “H-Hey.” A strange accent came out of Hyoyeon’s throat as she nervously looked around the room. The accent sounded like a male smoker, due to its raspiness.

                  “Who is this?” Jungah’s voice sounded concern.

                  “This is Louis Armstrong, this Pizza Shack?” Hyoyeon continued.

                  “No. You’ve got the wrong number.” Jungah sounded curt.

                  “What do yer mean I got wrong numbah? I got yer ad and it says yer numbah here.” Hyoyeon pretended to sound agitated.

                  “I said you’ve got the wrong number. I’m hanging up now.” Jungah’s annoyance was evident.

                  “I ain’t got the wrong numbah! You take my pizza order!” Hyoyeon struggled not to laugh.

                  “You’re out of your mind!” Jungah yelled.

                  “I’m outta mah mind? Yer outta yo mind!” Hyoyeon yelled back and hung up.

                  It took a second before the sound of laughter exploded through the room. Hyoyeon laughed and kicked her feet. “Omygosh! That was hilarious, I can just imagine Jungah-unni’s face. I wish I could see it!”

                  “Who was that lady?” Jiyeon giggled while she got herself another slice of cake.

                  “My boss’ girlfriend.” Hyoyeon laughed and looked at Sooyoung, hoping for some sign of approval. Yet, she was let down when she saw that Sooyoung, Jessica, and Yuri were deep in their own thoughts. She sighed and moved to put the phone back when it rang.

                  Sooyoung blinked and turned toward the caller ID, where Kahi’s name was flashing in bright green light. “Kahi-unni is calling …”

                  “WHAT?! HOW’D SHE KNOW?!” Hyoyeon threw the phone over to Sooyoung. “THIS IS YOUR FAULT!”

                  Sooyoung dropped it like it was hot and let the call go to her answering machine.

                  “Choi Sooyoung, if you were going to prank call me, at least block your number. Come to my office tomorrow.” Kahi’s voice was scarily calm before the click.

                  “Ah! What did you do?! Did you not use the hidden call function?” Sooyoung yelled at Hyoyeon.

                  “I did! I did *69!” Hyoyeon protested.

                  “You idiot! It’s *67!” Sooyoung roared. “She’s gonna kill me! Or worse, she’s going to let Jungah-unni kill me!”

                  “It’s your own damn fault for making me do your stupid dare!”

                  “Okay! Calm down … I’m sure everything will be fine. Bring Jungah-unni some flowers and beg for her forgiveness before you go see Kahi-unni.” Yuri settled the screaming match between Hyoyeon and Sooyoung.

                  “What kind of boss is this Kahi?” Sunny was curious, since she never got much details on Sooyoung’s work.

                  “She’s fierce.” Hyomin accidentally muttered aloud.

                  “You’ve met her?” Sunny furrowed her brows at Hyomin, who realized her mistake.

                  “Uh no! I’m assuming that she’s fierce, from the way she talks, you know? Scary …” Hyomin tried to laugh it off.

                  Sunny was extra sensitive and she could easily tell when Hyomin was lying, but she decided to ‘ask’ her girlfriend later. By ask, she meant she would withhold and interrogate the police officer until Hyomin spill everything.

                  “… Don’t rat me out.” Hyoyeon pointed at Sooyoung before she nodded at Taeyeon. “Taeyeon-shi, what would you like?”

                  Taeyeon, who was grinning dorkily, perked up and smiled at Hyoyeon. “Um … Dare.”

                  Tiffany was surprised, since Taeyeon was not much of a dare person.

                  “Okay, let’s see …” Hyoyeon put her fingers together and looked devious. She grinned thoughtfully and nodded, “Okay, I dare you to give your Tiffany a foot rub.” She was playing some kind of supportive character today, trying to keep everyone together. She should get a lot of good karma for all this.

                  “Okay.” Taeyeon smiled demurely and reached for Tiffany’s foot, but Tiffany quickly avoided her hand.

                  “Oye, that’s so embarrassing … we’ll do it later at home.” Tiffany laughed and patted Taeyeon’s cheek.

                  “Ooo …” Jiyeon cooed.

                  “Yah, there are innocent ears in this room. You shouldn’t talk about ‘doing it’ and such …” Hyoyeon laughed.

                  “Jiyeon lives with the Bunny, I’m sure she’s heard all sort of things.” Sooyoung nodded toward her cousin.

                  “Yeah, I’m pretty much scarred for life and only therapy will help me.” Jiyeon shrugged while Sunny gave Sooyoung a warning look.

                  “Okay, so Taeyeon-shi will ‘do it’ with Tiffany-shi later …” Hyoyeon stressed the ‘do it’ part. “So go ahead and pick someone.”

                  Taeyeon nodded and pointed to Sooyoung. “Sooyoung, Truth or Dare?”

                  Sooyoung rubbed her neck and deliberated. “Um … Dare?” She was determined not to play with truth.

                  Taeyeon looked a bit disappointed. “Okay, I dare you to only tell choose truth for the rest of the game.”

                  Sooyoung did not expect that from Taeyeon. She stared at the woman she loved and respected like a sister. Half of her wanted to tell the older woman to stay out of her business. But she kept shut. Taeyeon wanted to help her be decisive, but Sooyoung did not want anyone meddling in her business.

                  “So?” Taeyeon asked again when Sooyoung just quietly sat there in silence.

                  With her lips pressed together, Sooyoung reluctantly nodded. She was sure that Taeyeon was setting something up. It was not safe for her to pick Tiffany, Sunny, Jiyeon, or Hyomin and Sooyoung did not want to pick Jessica, in fear of a truth question. She looked around the room and Hyoyeon just went to the bathroom. That left her with …

                  “Yuri.”

                  “I pick Truth.” Yuri only picked truth during her turns. She had nothing to hide.

                  Sooyoung wondered what she should ask Yuri. If this were just any normal nights, Yuri would be elusive and avoiding any straightforward answers. Should Sooyoung use this chance to ask Yuri if she really love her? What exactly should Sooyoung ask Yuri?

                  “What is it that you fear most?” Sooyoung asked the woman she perceived to be fearless.

                  Yuri smiled and tucked strands of hair behind her ears. She leaned slightly forward in her seat. “I guess … I’ve always had this fear that you would leave my life forever. I actually have nightmares where I was paralyzed and mute while watching your back walking away until you faded into black.”

                  Sooyoung pressed her lips together while looking at Yuri’s sad expression. Yuri was being honest, baring her most personal thoughts and feelings to a group of mostly strangers.

                  “Jessica-shi.” Yuri smiled at the surprised look on both Jessica’s and, most importantly, Sooyoung’s faces. “Truth or Dare?”

                  “Truth.” Jessica stated simply.

                  “Do you think you’re the only person to love and be loved by Sooyoung?”

                  Jessica noticed the aggression in Yuri’s eyes, she knew that the tan girl was toying with her. She looked at Sooyoung when she shook her head. “No. I don’t think I’m the only one.”

                  Sooyoung was captured by the disappointment and hint of tears in Jessica’s eyes. Even with her drowning shame, she could not look away from the beautiful sadness. She felt her spine freeze up and her body was paralyzed, unable to move.

                  “Do you remember a few days ago, when you walked me back to my house?” Jessica’s voice was soft and sweet, but shaken with nervousness.

                  Sooyoung blinked since she was unable to move.

                  “You said that you have only been with one other person … is it Yuri-shi?” Jessica was struggling to keep herself from falling into pieces in front of so many people.

                  Sooyoung felt the air leaving her lungs and her head felt like it was going to split open. She stared unblinkingly at Jessica. Like bombshell raining down, she felt her body tremble. A little blink came before a slight nod.

                  Jessica was not surprised, yet she was deeply hurt by the confirmation. She wanted, no … she needed to know, but now she regretted knowing. She breathed out shakily, her nostrils flaring as she tried to calm herself with deep breathing. “And you …” She choked on her words as her eyes reddened.

                  Sooyoung remained still as a statue, watching her love’s heart get broken by her.

                  Jessica struggled to speak as sobs tried to escape . “And … and you love her?” She finally said it.

                  Sooyoung felt all eyes on her, but the only ones that mattered at that moment. Jessica looked away to avoid crying. She wanted to hear Sooyoung’s voice confirming her worst fear.

                  “I don’t know …”               

                  Those words hurt Yuri even more than when her mother left her father and her.

                  “I may be …”

                  Those words hurt Jessica even more than when Sooyoung disappeared from her life for 4 years.

                  Everyone stayed still and quiet, eventually the silence became too loud for Taeyeon to bear. “Maybe we should go …” She suggested, wanting to give the Soorisic trio some privacy. However, Jessica suddenly laughed and shook her head.

                  “If anyone should leave, it’s me.” Jessica smiled bitterly and grabbed her bag before leaving her seat and heading for the door.

                  “Jessi!” Tiffany cried after the distraught woman, but the door was slammed shut.

                  “What are you sitting there for?!” Sunny ran to and shook Sooyoung’s shoulder. “Go after her.”

                  Sooyoung looked up at Sunny. Her eyes were emptier and more hopeless than the first time Sunny met her.

                  “If you don’t go after her, she’s going to be gone forever.” Sunny gently reminded Sooyoung and pulled her up from her seat. “Go. Talk to her.”

                  Sooyoung silently nodded and ran out the door, her mind a total blank. She could not wait for the elevator, so she ran down the stairs. The normally slow runner pushed her legs to their limits. She ran out of her apartment building and looked both ways for Jessica.

                  She spotted familiar small shoulders walking away from her. She could tell that Jessica was crying since the older woman was wiping her eyes with her forearm. Sooyoung wanted to call out, but her voice was lost along with her words. She leaned forward and hobbled as fast as she could after Jessica. Despite the shorter woman’s fast pace, she managed to come close and caught up to her.

                  She did not know what to say or do, she just wanted to do something. As she came behind Jessica, she crashed into the shorter woman’s back and hugged her tightly with one arm. “Don’t go. Please, don’t go.”

                  “Let go of me!” Jessica cried and struggled, her hands clawing at Sooyoung’s good arm and leaving scratch marks.

                  “Don’t go. Don’t go …” Sooyoung repeated until her own tears darkened Jessica’s hair.

                  Caught in her own whirlwind of emotions, Sooyoung hung onto Jessica despite the older woman’s struggle and prying pedestrians around them.

                  “I beg you, Jessica. Please don’t leave.”

                  “Why should I stay? To watch you and her flirt with each other?” Jessica pried Sooyoung’s arm off her shoulders. She whirled round and slapped Sooyoung squarely on the cheek. It was the first time that Jessica had raised her hand against anyone. She looked down at her reddened palm and felt a second of regret before she balled it into a fist.

                  Sooyoung touched her burning cheek and lowered her eyes. She could not meet Jessica’s gaze for she was too ashamed. “I’m sorry …”

                   “How dare you promise to love me when you’ve already loved someone else?”

                  Sooyoung shook her head. “I’m sorry Jessica … please, give me some time …” She was pathetic and she knew it. She could not deny her feelings for Yuri, but she did not want to lose Jessica either.

                  “Time? All I have given you is time! You’ve led me to believe that you still love me.” Jessica trembled while Sooyoung’s words only fueled her anger.

                  “I’m sorry …” Sooyoung repeated like an idiot.

                  “Why don’t you have the decency to tell me these things? Why do I have to force it out of you through a game? I feel like a fool.” Jessica stomped her foot and shook her head. She was beyond hurt and angry, her feelings were so raw and powerful, she just wanted to hurt Sooyoung. “You promised. You promised you’d love me …” She sobbed as grief filled her eyes.

                  “I’ve always loved you, Jessica. I’ve never stopped.” Sooyoung gripped the fabric of her shirt, where her heart resides. She clutched it tightly as she wept. “You’ve always owned my heart …”

                   “Then why did you rent it out to her?” Jessica asked sadly. “If your heart is so precious, why did you lend it out so easily?” Her beautiful tears were flowing freely. The overhead streetlight shone down upon her and she looked just like an angel. Sooyoung made an angel cry.

                  Sooyoung had no explanation for the way she felt. How could she put to words her inner turmoil? How could she make Jessica understand all she had been through? How could she say that Yuri was there for her when Jessica was away? So she stood there, wordless and motionless, hoping for time to freeze until she could find her speech to persuade Jessica to stay.

                  Having had enough, Jessica yelled. “Figure your out, Sooyoung. I don’t want to be a part of your games.” She wiped the tears from her cheeks and tightened her lips before she turned around to walk away yet again.

                  “No!” Sooyoung yelled and hobbled after Jessica, despite the ache in her wounds. “Please Jessica, don’t go. I’m sorry.” It was all that she could say, because she knew no excuse could save her. No matter how much she begged and cried, Jessica continued to leave her.

                  They continued the scene down to the parking garage, where Jessica hastily opened her car’s door.

                  “I can’t live without you.” Sooyoung grabbed the door, pulling it away from Jessica and hoping to delay her departure.

                  To her surprise, Jessica’s eyes were steeled when they met hers. “You’ve already done it once.”

                  Speechless, Sooyoung gasped as her mind went blank. She expected anger, but she was not prepared to be hated by Jessica.

                  “I didn’t fall in love with an irresponsible coward. Grow up and be a responsible person before you say that you love anyone.” Jessica jerked the door out of Sooyoung’s hand and slammed it shut.

                  The engine roared with indifference before the car pulled away. Feeling numb, Jessica drove and dared not look in her rear view mirror, she was afraid that she would lose her resolve. She came to Sooyoung with the hopes of starting over that night, but the result left her unable to stand the sight of Sooyoung any longer.

                  Blindsided with a sudden lack of air in her lungs, Sooyoung collapsed and watched as Jessica’s taillights faded. Then, a sudden feeling of loss washed over Sooyoung and she called Jessica’s name with all her strength. Yet she knew even the other woman would not return, even if her desperate cries did reach Jessica’s ears.

                  All the secrecy and lies came crashing down so fast on Sooyoung’s head. She hated herself almost as much as she hated the situation.

                   She might have sat on the ground forever, had Sunny not came down to help her onto her feet. Leaning again the smaller frame of her cousin, Sooyoung cried and babbled incoherent words all the way back to the apartment. “She’s gone … she hates me …”

                  Sunny hugged Sooyoung while the latter cried into her shoulder.

                  When Sunny and Sooyoung came back to the apartment, Yuri had already left, quoting she that had an important appointment tomorrow. Tiffany said she was disappointed in Sooyoung and Taeyeon tried to cheer her up before they left. Hyoyeon’s girlfriend called her, so she left. Only Hyomin was left cleaning while Jiyeon was sleeping on the sofa.

                  As Sunny tried to tuck Sooyoung into bed, the younger woman grabbed her arm. With eerie and hollowed eyes, Sooyoung softly asked. “Tell me what to do.”

                  Sunny shook her head and gently laid her hand on Sooyoung’s forehead. “Shh … sleep …” Sooyoung cried again and continued to weep until Sunny gave her some pain medications that made her drowsy enough to sleep.

                  When Sunny came out of the bedroom, Hyomin had finished cleaning up. She looked at her girlfriend and opened her arms until Sunny’s warm body hugged her tight.

                  “She’s hurt and I don’t know what to do, Hyomin. How can I help her?” Sunny cried softly into Hyomin’s chest. She was sad when she saw Sooyoung so devastated. She loved the girl like a younger sister.

                  “Only she can help herself in this situation …” Hyomin rubbed Sunny’s back comfortingly. “But, we can stay here to take care of her while she figure it out.”

                  Sunny looked up at Hyomin, her eyes were still red with sadness, and sniffed. “We can?”

                  Hyomin nodded. “She’s family right?”

                  Sunny nodded.

                  “We can’t abandon family.” Hyomin smiled.

                  “… so cool …” Sunny sniffled and smiled, her eyes were brighter. She was happy and thankful for a love like Hyomin.

                  “I know. I may not win at board games, but I win at life.” Hyomin shrugged before wincing. “Oww …”

                  “Don’t be so smug.” Sunny laughed her tears away and hit Hyomin again.  



 

                  Across town, Yuri deliberated before she touched the screen of her phone.

                  “Hello, this is Kwon Yuri …” She said when the other line picked up.

                  “…” There was silence on the other line.

                  “Let’s meet tomorrow and talk, just you and me.”

                  “…”

                  “This has to end eventually.” Yuri continued.

                  “… when?” Jessica finally spoke.



 

Hello readers!  Thanks to everyeone who still reads this story and has been a great source of strength and support.

I love you guys *cries*

I hope you enjoyed this chapter ... it was hard to write the scene between Sooyoung and Jessica, since I've never experience emotions that strong before. I tried my best ...  but yes, I have started wanting to shake Sooyoung until she comes to her senses. Uh ... I'm getting frustated with my own work ... that's not good!

Anyways, next chapter will be up next weekend ... A Yuri & Jessica meeting? What will they talk about?