Saturday – Month 1, Day 22 – 99 Problems

Love Song

Sooyoung,

I’ve gone back to my place.

Thanks for everything and …

I’m sorry.

Yuri

                Sooyoung read the note once more before she put it down to pour milk into her cereal. She moved the flakes around the bowl and continued to stare at the note as if a hidden meaning was going to jump out at her any moment. It was left one her counter yesterday and she had been too cowardly to call Yuri. She thought that it may be better for them to spend some time apart.

                After a quick breakfast, Sooyoung got dressed for work. It had been a while, almost two weeks, since she last wore a suit. It felt good. Sooyoung enjoyed dressing up professionally and looking good while doing it, but she usually do not dress up for school. That would be too pretentious. As she fixed her shirt collar, she noted a faint mark on her neck. She tilted her head and inspected the faded mark that must have been left by Yuri, and then she applied some makeup to cover it.

                Yuri always liked to leave little marks on Sooyoung, so that the younger woman would find them and think about her often. Sooyoung use to find it to be rather cute and sweet, but now it was a constant reminder of Yuri’s presence in her heart. Sooyoung tied her hair back and appraised her long legs in the dark pants before she grabbed her bag.

                The drive was another excuse for her numb mind to drift. Luckily, she managed to arrive without incident. As she pulled into the parking garage under the building, she noticed a familiar car parked two spots down from her. She sighed and shook her head.

                “She’s here already?” Sooyoung muttered and turned off her engine. Glancing at her watch, she commented again. “It’s only ten o’clock … if she’s already here …” She dreaded all possible reason for this meeting.

                The elevator ride was musical as usual, but Sooyoung’s mind was too busy to notice that it was some Kpop song rather than the usual boring tones. The moment she stepped out of the elevator, she felt an instant pain to her ear. “Ow ow ow, unni … it hurts!”

                “It hurts, eh? It’s going to hurt more when I kick your .” Kahi growled and pulled Sooyoung closer to her. “How dare you skip work, huh? You didn’t even call in this past week to explain!”

                “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! Please let go!” Sooyoung felt like her burning ear was going to fall off at any moment.

                “Yeobo, please stop assaulting our valuable employee.” Jungah calmly patted Kahi’s shoulder, as if that would pacify the fierce lioness.

                Kahi wanted to argue, but one glare from Jungah and her grip weakened, giving Sooyoung an opportunity to escape. The young woman winced as she gently massaged circulation back into her poor ear. “I’m going to sue if I lose my hearing …” she said under her breath, but loud enough for the other two women to hear.

                “WHAT?!” Kahi would have lunged at Sooyoung, had Jungah not pulled the angry woman back. “I dare you to say that again!

                “I said I am going to the meeting! Happy?!” Sooyoung brattily replied. Sometimes, she did it all just to see Kahi’s exaggerated angry expression. “Where is she at?”

                “Oh oh oh! I know! Can I take her there? Please please please?” Hyoyeon suddenly popped up out of nowhere, raised her arm, and jumped crazily. She scared almost everyone, except for Jungah, who had her poker face on.

                “Take her and go.” Kahi gritted her teeth because she hated Hyoyeon’s random and loud appearances; they were not good for her heart. “You two will be the death of me.”

                Sooyoung bowed to Jungah and meronged Kahi before she started to follow the hyperactive kid. She overhead Kahi complain about a headache to Jungah, to which Jungah offered to make Kahi some tea and snacks. It made her smile and a little jealous of the older women’s relationship. Compared to her crazy life, they seemed like they were in heaven.

                “Did you hear what I said, shikshin? Quit spacing out!” Hyoyeon flicked her forehead.

                Sooyoung winced and frowned at Hyoyeon, “What?”

                “I said that girl came really early, she’s been waiting for you with a strange look on her face. Did you break her heart or something? You shouldn’t fool around with clients, you know …” Hyoyeon pointed Sooyoung toward a door labeled Meeting Room 5.

                Sooyoung wondered which celestial entity she angered to get her ears and forehead attacked in one morning. She looked at the woman warily. “I don’t know, coming from the woman who’s dating one of her clients, those words sound a bit hollow.” She narrowed her eyes.

                Hyoyeon laughed and punched Sooyoung’s shoulder. “I guess it is! Anyways, see you around, shikshin.”

                “Quit calling me that.” Sooyoung said generally before she headed into the meeting room.

                It was a comfortable room that was often used for companion-client meetings to discuss terms of their contract. Seated elegantly on one of their armchairs in the middle of the room was Sooyoung’s one and only long term client. Immediately, she felt pressured by the complicated nature of this contract.

                “Good morning, Yoona-ssi. I’m sorry to have kept you.” Sooyoung put on her trademark smile and approached the chair opposite of Yoona’s. “Would you like some more tea?” She noted that Yoona’s cup was empty.

                “I thought we’d agree on dropping the formality?” Yoona answered with a pleasant smile that made Sooyoung extra cautious. “And yes, I’d love some more tea.”

                Wanting tea was a sign that Yoona wanted to stay a while and drag out this meeting. Sooyoung noted this, but she smiled anyways and sat down to pour more tea for Yoona and a cup for herself. “Here you are.” She slid the cup toward her client.

                “Thank you very much.” Yoona accepted it graciously. “How are you doing? How is school?”

                “It is well enough.” Sooyoung replied, after taking a sip of her tea. “And you?” To be honest, Sooyoung wanted to get the meeting over with as soon as possible. There was something about Yoona that unnerved her.

                “I’ve been fairly well. I’m afraid my life isn’t as exciting as a companion, such as yourself, Sooyoung-unni. Not much news in my life.” Yoona had on her pleasant smile, but something was a bit off.

                Sooyoung watched Yoona closely. “No news is good news … isn’t it?”

                “I supposed it is … must be how you felt about me? You don’t hear from me for a while and you assumed I’d gone away? Must be why you wanted to avoid meeting me last weekend.” Yoona gestured toward Sooyoung.

                “Something like that.” Sooyoung was not inclined to expand on the statement.

                “Thank you for being honest.” Yoona was playing with Sooyoung. “However, since your boss really wants my money, I guess you are stuck with me.”

                Sooyoung shrugged before she leaned forward and rested her elbows on her knees. She intertwined her fingers and stared straight ahead at Yoona. “Let’s cut the cat and mouse banter. I’ve got 99 other problems to deal with … What is it you want?” It was time to cut to the main issue.

                “Oh, I want a lot of things. I want a brand new car, probably something fast like a Ferrari. I want to be served better tea than this instant crap that you people are serving me. I’m a little hungry, so I want some sushi since I’ve been craving it forever …” Yoona giggled and continued to list random things to annoy Sooyoung. She was enjoying it too much. “But most of all, I want Seohyun to suffer for what she did to me.” Her voice, as well as her expression, turned cold and scary real fast.

                Sooyoung and Yoona engaged in a staring match for several seconds before Sooyoung shook her head. “I won’t help you hurt Seohyun. You’re only hurting yourself if you keep this up.”

                “I’m paying good money for you to do whatever I want you to do.” Yoona snarled.

                “I’m not a slave so I don’t have to do anything against my will. The contract will be terminated. As much as my boss wants your money, she would respect my decision. Money can’t buy everything.” Sooyoung’s voice was cool and emotionless as ever.

                Yoona studied the woman in front of her for a second. Her expression would be pretty and innocent under normal circumstances. However, at this time, her deer-eyes were almost wolf-like. Suddenly, she snickered and shook her head. “You are so innocent, Sooyoung-unni. I like that about you. It’s cute.”

                “…” Sooyoung was not sure how to reply to Yoona. The girl was obviously unscrewed and unbalanced, to say anything now would only feed to her crazed obsession.

                “You think money can’t buy the world?” Yoona reached into her bag and pulled out an envelope. “Well, news flash for you, Sooyoung-unni.” She removed its content and tossed it on the table between them. It was not what Sooyoung expected. “Money can buy these.”

Sooyoung stared at the photos that littered the table. They were photoes of her at school, at Taeyeon’s café, at the club, at dinner with Sulli … everywhere that she had been for the past week or so. There were photos of people that she had been with as well.

                “Are you …” Sooyoung began. was dry and she was shock that this girl had her followed.

                “No, I’m not going to hurt your friends and family. I’m not some kind of mafia.” Yoona giggled and shook her head. “If I were, they’d call me Cashmere Mafia or something and that’s just ridiculous.”

                “Then what is it you want?” Sooyoung asked hastily. Her voice sounded thinner and higher pitched than she wanted. Her patience was waning.

                Yoona removed from her purse another set of photos and Sooyoung felt dread washed over her. “Sooyoung-unni, I thought you were an innocent and honest woman … but apparently, you’re a two-timer. It broke my heart to see the truth about you.” She added more photos to the pile.

                There were photos of Jessica and Sooyoung kissing at the field, and then there were photos of Yuri leaving Sooyoung’s apartment. The last few photos must have been taken from the opposite building for hers, because it showed two very Yuri and Sooyoung engaged in some very rated activities. Sooyoung was shock beyond believe.

                “You spied on me? What kind of sick person are you?” Sooyoung had her share of troubled clients before, but nothing like this.

                “I didn’t spy on you.” Yoona sipped her tea then continued. “The detective that I hired spied on you. See? Money can get whatever I want … maybe I can get a tape of you and this y minx here? You must have done some wild positions, huh?” Yoona tapped smugly on the y photos.

                Sooyoung had never wanted to strike or strangle someone more than that moment in time. She could have killed Yoona with her bare hands. While she appeared shock on the outside, she was livid inside. She could hear her pulse drumming in her ears.

                “Well, you must be really shock that I got the scoop on your dirty business. I never thought that you’d be dating the eldest Jung sister … which I should really congratulate you. She’s a catch. Was she good in bed as well?” Yoona continued to stab the hypothetical knife into Sooyoung. “I wonder how she would react if she find out about this other person … Yuri, right? That’s a pretty name.” Yoona twisted the handle of that knife.

                Sooyoung almost lost her breath. She curled and tightened her fists until her knuckles turned white. “What are you planning to do?”

                “I just want to give Seohyun the wedding of her life. Is it that bad that I want to my ex-girlfriend to have a memorable wedding?” Yoona protruded her lower lip. “I really loved her so I want to make this once in a lifetime event for her and I want you to be my date and helper.”

                “You’re willing to ruin two innocent lives just to get your revenge? Can’t you see what your twisted thoughts have done to you? Where is the Yoona that Seohyun fell in love with?” Sooyoung tried to reason with the unstable girl.

                “You don’t know me, so don’t talk like you do. If you don’t agree to fulfill your contract and help me with my plans, then I’ll go tell Jung Jessica about Kwon Yuri, then vice versa. I can have thousands of copies of these photos posted everywhere so Yuri will never be able to see her face in public again. As for this place … I can have it emptied in a matter of hours.”

                Sooyoung looked dejectedly at Yoona. She could feel the walls closing in until she could not breath anymore. “Why me?”

                Yoona’s smile morphed into a smug grin. “Because you dared to reject and lecture me … and because you are with a Jung. I despise them all for taking Seohyun from me.”

                “Seohyun left on her own accord. She wants to do what is best for her family.”

                “SHUT UP!” Yoona’s smirking façade fell and she splashed the cup of tea on Sooyoung. “You don’t know her just like you don’t know me. I don’t need to hear your opinion.”

                Sooyoung felt the hot water seep through her clothes, but the pain was nothing compared to the panic that she was feeling. She did not want to hurt Yuri or Jessica, but hurting Seohyun was also out of the question.

                “Look what you made me do …” Yoona’s voice took a softer, more whiny, turn. It was so eerie how she kept changing. “All I’m asking is for you to attend the wedding and help me when the time comes, that’s all. You don’t even have to plan anything, just do as I say and you’ll be off the hook. Your boss will get money and no one will get hurt.”

                “Seohyun will … and her family … and the Jungs …” Sooyoung shook her head.

                “Exactly.” Yoona laughed and clapped happily.

                Sooyoung could not believe how much worse Yoona had gotten. She shook her head and rose from her seat. “I won’t help you. I’ll go tell Jessica everything. I’ll quit work here if I have to … but I’m not going to give into your crazy plot to hurt the only woman you loved.” Sooyoung started to walk out when she heard the crash of broken porcelain.

                “Choi Sooyoung! I will make you regret this! I will!” Yoona’s scream could be heard throughout the building, but Sooyoung was already out of the room. She did not want to hear the rest of Yoona’s crazy rant.

                Sooyoung’s surrounding felt like it was spinning and each of her step was heavily and wobbly. Her ears were filled with a ringing sound as she unsteadily made her way to the elevator. Despite Hyoyeon and Kahi’s worried expressions and questions, she pushed past them and made her way to her car.

 


 

                Like a mad woman, Sooyoung drove home and locked her doors. She shuttered her windows and crawled into bed. She curled underneath the blanket and cried because she had never felt so violated before in her life. The feeling of someone using the people she loves to force her to hurt other people was unbearable. She cried until she could cry no longer and was forced to text the only person she could think of at the moment.

I need you.

                Sooyoung pressed send and continued to cry until much later, when a knock came at the door. Wiping her tears, she went and opened it without hesitation. “Yu-“ She began to call out, only to be greeted with Yoona’s smiling face. “What are you doing here?” Sooyoung’s voice was a mix of disgust and anger.

                “You ran away before we could finish out meeting, Sooyoung-unni … have you been crying?” Words of concern were made irrelevant by Yoona’s cheerful voice. “You thought I was Yuri?” She looked beyond Sooyoung’s shoulders, into the shaded apartment. “You’re alone?”

                Sooyoung was not in the mood to be harassed by the wicked girl. “Leave me alone, Im Yoona. Just get out of my life and go on with yours.” She was about to shut the door in the girl’s face, when she was forced back into the apartment. Sooyoung’s eyes were wide. She was surprised by Yoona’s strength.

                “Don’t be like that, Sooyoung-unni.” Yoona shut the door behind her and walked toward Sooyoung, causing the older woman to back away. “I just want to check up on you since you looked so upset at the meeting.”

                “I’m fine. Now, get out!” Sooyoung pointed at the door, but the younger woman showed no sign of leaving.

                “I came all the way over here to check on you, the least you can do is offering me something to drink.” Yoona walked further into the apartment and looked around.

                “The only thing I have is water and since I don’t have any poison to add to it, I’m afraid I can’t offer you anything.” Sooyoung cheekily replied and stood in front of Yoona to stop the younger woman from going further. “Now, get out before I call security.”

                Yoona snickered and stopped. She turned back and looked up to Sooyoung. “Those words are so mean, unni. They hurt me right here.” Yoona tapped lightly on her chest, but Sooyoung did not bother to look. “Is it because I hurt your feelings earlier? I’m sorry …”

                Sooyoung knew better than to trust a vixen.

                “I was being mean to you, so why don’t you let me make it up to you …” Yoona had a strange look in her eyes as she bit her lower lip and stared at Sooyoung. She let her bag fall to the ground and her hand started to remove her jacket. If Sooyoung did not cooperate by blackmail, perhaps she could be seduced?

                “I would advise you to keep your jacket on, since you’re not staying long.” Sooyoung leaned down to pick up Yoona’s bag, but immediately she was stopped by a pair of foreign lips against her own. Immediately, she pushed her unwanted guest away. But before she could vocalize her protest, Yoona grasped her collar and pulled her down for another kiss. Sooyoung instinctively turned her head away.

                “Sooyoung-unni, be good and I’ll let you do whatever you want to me … you can play with me like you play with Yuri …” the she-devil whispered into Sooyoung’s ear and gently nipped the outer edge.

                “What is wrong with you, you … you harlot?!” Sooyoung pushed Yoona away. She was quickly angered by the way Yoona casually mentioned Yuri. She did not ‘play’ with Yuri, she really liked Yuri. Inside, her anger lashed out at the younger girl. “Don’t you dare mention her name like that! You don’t deserve to be touched by me. You don’t deserve Seohyun’s sadness!”

                Yoona was taken back by Sooyoung’s scream. The normally calm woman was exploding. Yet, her surprised expression quickly morphed into a vicious snarl. “You don’t know anything!” She screamed back. “I don’t need her sadness or pity, I want her love!” She was once again rejected and it hurt, even if it was just by someone she did not love. She was physically rejected. The anger boiled inside her heart until it overflowed like a river of tar.

                “You don’t deserve her at all. Look at what you’ve done and plan to do!” Sooyoung shoved Yoona’s bag back to her. “Get the hell out! I don’t want to see your freaking face ever again!”

                Sooyoung just finished her sentence when she felt a hard object connect to her head. She fell over when the sharp pain caused her to see stars and lose her balance. All around her were shards and petals from a vase of flower. After a moment of disorientation, she reached up to her head and felt her wound. Her fingers were coated with a thin layer of blood and immediately her hand started to shake. She felt nauseated.

                Sooyoung looked up to find Yoona looming over her and she knew the worst was not over.

                “How dare you reject me?!” Yoona hit Sooyoung’s head again with her bag. “Don’t you know who I am?”

                Sooyoung lifted her arm to try to block Yoona’s attack to her head, but then she felt a jabbing pain to her ribs, where Yoona started kicking her. “Stop …” she weakly stated.

                “Why does everyone reject me? Am I not good enough for you people?!” Yoona breathed heavily after screaming. She kicked Sooyoung a few more times in the ribs before she took a nearby sculpture and struck Sooyoung repeatedly in the arm.

                Each blow left Sooyoung with mind numbling pain as she tried to crawl away from Yoona. Sooyoung panted miserably blow after blow. She felt her strength leave her body.

                “You are nothing but a little for rent and you have the nerves to reject me? I can buy a hundred of you! You think that rejecting me won’t have consequences?” Kicks and punches punctuated each sentence. “Let’s see how you’ll reject me now!”

                Yoona pinned Sooyoung down on the floor and ripped Sooyoung’s shirt apart. Buttons flew everywhere and made small collective sounds on the hardwood. Sooyoung cried and screamed for help as she tried to fight Yoona off with her good arm, but her strength was no match for Yoona. As Sooyoung’s bra was being torn off, the sounds of footsteps from the distance got louder until Yoona was sent flying off Sooyoung.

                In the semidark room, Sooyoung looked up to see her savior glaring at Yoona.

                “Yuri …” Sooyoung grunted before the pain overtook her consciousness. The last thing she remembered was Yuri’s voice calling her name. Her body felt light as though she was being lifted up.

 


 

                “AHHHH!” Sooyoung sat up on her bed with a start. “Ahhh …” She tried to calm her hyperventilation as she glanced around the white room that looked like a hospital room. When she looked down, she found herself in a hospital gown. Her head felt like it was cracking open, so did her ribs. Her arm was wrapped in a cast. Every fiber of her body felt like it was hurting and screaming.

                Sooyoung recollected her thoughts before her eyes went wide and she threw back her blanket. She tried to climb off the bed, but she was connected to some IV line. As she contemplated ripping those lines off, there was a sound of the door sliding open and Yuri stepped inside.

                “YURI!” Sooyoung cried and then laid back with relief.

                “Uh … hello?” Yuri was taken back by Sooyoung’s ‘enthusiastic’ greeting. “I’m glad you’re awake.”

                “I’m glad you’re not in jail.” Sooyoung winced when the pain in her ribs got worse for a second when she breathed too deeply.

                “Why would … oh, you thought I killed that ?” Yuri shook her head and placed a vase of flowers on the bedside table.

                Sooyoung stared at the vase and thought about what Yoona used to hurt her head. She gulped.

                “I would have, had you not passed out. I was too worried about you to chase her when she ran out of the apartment. But now that you’re awake … I’m going to find her and skin her alive.” Yuri had a bad temper, but she usually appeared calm when she was angriest. It was a blunted effect thanks to her childhood with an abusive alcoholic father.

                Sooyoung shivered at the thought of Yuri finding Yoona. “Don’t … just forget it, she’s not stable right now.”

                “That doesn’t excuse her from hurting you … who was she anyways? Um … she’s another girl-“ Yuri had been curious since Sooyoung’s condition stabilized, but she did not want to ask about something she may be afraid of finding out.

                “No no.” Sooyoung shook her head lightly and told Yuri the story in a nutshell. When she was finished, Yuri had a perplexed look on her face. Yoona could ruin her life with just a phone call.

                “If you are right, then we can’t leave her to do whatever the hell she wants. She’s unstable. What if she comes back and hurt you? We have to tell Kahi-unni and post an officer at your apartment …” Yuri started her list of worries and Sooyoung could only look on with a smile.

                “Thank you.” Sooyoung reached out to hold Yuri’s hand and that shut the tanned woman up fairly quickly. “Thanks for worrying about me and coming to my rescue.”

                Yuri turned away when she felt a blush burned its way through her cheeks. She was not usually the one to blush.

                “Well?” Sooyoung whispered.

                “You’re welcome.” Yuri stood undecided for a moment, then turned back to smile at Sooyoung. “You can call me anytime.”

                Sooyoung and Yuri looked at each other, before saying “I’m sorry” at the same time.

                “You don’t have to apologize.” Again with impeccable timing.

                Slowly, the awkwardness came back between them. For a moment, they were back to the way they were before Jessica’s return. Sooyoung felt guilty for even holding Yuri’s hand and Yuri wanted Sooyoung never to let go. But their connection came to an end shortly afterward.

                “I won’t drink again.” Yuri pulled up a chair next to Sooyoung’s bed. “I’m sorry I broke my promise.”

                Sooyoung nodded and stared down at her casted arm.

                “I’ll wait for you, even if you choose Jessica because you’re the only person …” Yuri continued.

                “Let’s not talk about it right now.” Sooyoung interrupted her and looked over with a serious gaze. “I’m a bit tired right now.”

                Yuri nodded and smiled. “Okay.”

                “You must be tired too …”

                “A little.”

                “You can go home if you want.”

                “Nah, I’ll stay a bit longer.”

                “Do you want to sleep, too?” Sooyoung patted the spot next to her.

                “That bed doesn’t look like it’s built for two.” Yuri chuckled, but Sooyoung shook her head.

                “No, but you’d keep me company while I sleep.” Sooyoung scooted over to make space. “Make me feel protected and all that.”

                Yuri could never ignore Sooyoung’s pout, so she nodded and climbed onto the spot next to Sooyoung. She wrapped her arms around the younger woman, hugging her lightly, supporting her, and giving her warmth in the hospital bed. Yuri could smell a light scent, almost flowery, from Sooyoung’s skin. It was intoxicating. She inhaled sharply.

                “Goodnight, Yuri.” Sooyoung muttered softly and closed her eyes.

                “Goodnight, Sooyoung.” Yuri whispered.

                Yuri waited until she felt Sooyoung’s breathing slowed before she planted a soft kiss on Sooyoung’s forehead. She looked down to where Sooyoung’s slim form pressed close to hers. She silently vowed to make this Im Yoona pay for hurting her Sooyoung. She felt Sooyoung’s pain just by looking at the already thin woman.

                When Yuri came over to Sooyoung’s house earlier, she wanted to tell Sooyoung that she would be happy with whatever decision the other woman makes. Even if it meant that Sooyoung would be with Jessica. However, when she held Sooyoung in her arms again, she forgot why she would ever think such thoughts.  Because, Yuri was sure that only she could protect Sooyoung. She loved Sooyoung too much to give her up to Jessica.

                Slowly, as Yuri fell into dreamland she wished that she would get to always wake up with Sooyoung next to her.


:peeking out from behind a shield: A-Anyeong e-everyone ... :ducks:

Please don't hurt me for making Yoona so crazy here, it's to build up for later ... drama and such.

:continues to hide:

Thanks for reading and c-commenting. Please don't be angry with me! :whimpers: I lo-love your all very much :smiles:

See y'all soon!