The End

What Hurts the Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 year later…

“Where is that brat bringing you to this time?”

Ryeowook’s roommate questioned as he leaned against the doorframe of Ryeowook’s bedroom door, watching with an affectionate smile on his face as Ryeowook combed his hair.

Ryeowook shrugged. “I don’t know, he said that it was a surprise.”

Kangin chuckled, “I can’t believe the both of you are still not official yet. You’re literally going on dates with him almost every night.”

Ryeowook shrugged once again. Truth to told, he found it weird too. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook hung out so frequently that you would think that they were already dating! But that was not the case. It was the total opposite. Part of Ryeowook convinced himself that Kyuhyun was just being a gentleman and giving Ryeowook the time he needed to get over his past abusive relationship with Siwon. Kyuhyun had mentioned numerous times that he would wait. But a little voice inside Ryeowook’s head often told himself that Kyuhyun hadn’t made their relationship official because he had gotten bored of him.

Ryeowook hoped to hell that it wasn’t true.

Somewhere along the line, Ryeowook had learned to let go of his past relationship and it was all thanks to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun showed him how dates were supposed to be romantic and fun, not stiff or uncomfortable. Kyuhyun let Ryeowook be who he wanted to be and not who Kyuhyun wanted him to be. Kyuhyun never controlled or judged his life decisions, he did not even threw a fit when Ryeowook told him that he wanted to move back into the orphanage. Kyuhyun only nodded and told him that he would be happier living in the orphanage since it was his home.

Ryeowook shared a room with Kangin and the both of them conducted lessons for the children in the orphanage. Working and living with Kangin brought a sense of happiness to Ryeowook. Kangin treated him like his own brother and together, they were like family. Ryeowook taught the children music and a week prior his birthday, he found that Kyuhyun, Kangin and Henry had all surprised him with the best gift he had ever received – A blueprint. A blueprint of an extension of the orphanage. It was just a small building but it was designed for Ryeowook to conduct his music lessons. The room that he was given to conduct his lesson was a little too cramped and they couldn’t fit too many musical instrument.

Ryeowook knew then that Kyuhyun definitely was the one. He worked well with Henry and Kangin and he didn’t hate the idea of Ryeowook living or working in the orphanage. He understood Ryeowook’s wants and needs and he respected him. That was all Ryeowook ever wanted in a lover, for him to accept Ryeowook and his loved ones for who they were.

“Looks like he’s already here.”

Ryeowook heard Kangin saying. He glanced out of the windows and his lips spread into a lopsided grin. Kyuhyun looked so handsome, standing against his car in a light blue button up shirt and dark rinse jeans. As if he knew that Ryeowook was looking at him, he tilted his head up to the window and when their eyes met, Kyuhyun broke into a huge smile and waved at Ryeowook.

Ryeowook waved back and then signalled that he would be down soon. He looked back to Kangin who was shaking his head with a teasing smile on his face. “Young love.”

Ryeowook blushed and playfully hit Kangin’s chest. “Hyung!”

“Go now.” Kangin laughed, “Have fun with Kyuhyun.”

Ryeowook smiled, eyes travelling back to the man waiting by his car, their eyes meet once again and the butterflies in Ryeowook’s stomach came back to life.

“I always do.”

***

“Are you sure that you made this?”

Ryeowook teased, scooping up another slice of cheesecake into his mouth. He closed his eyes, savouring the taste of the strawberry cheese cake. Ryeowook had his suspicious about the cake. He doubted that Kyuhyun could make something like this. Kyuhyun was pretty cursed in the kitchen to be honest.

Kyuhyun sheepishly smiled, “I might have had some help from Victoria.”

“I knew it. That delicious sauce from the pasta tasted too familiar.” Ryeowook laughed. “She must had a hard time working with you in the kitchen.”

“I was a good boy.” Kyuhyun insisted, “She told me to play games with Changmin while she prepared everything and so I did.”

Ryeowook shook his head in disbelief. “I can’t believe you made her do all of this!”

“I’m kidding! Of course, I helped her. I just wanted to make it special for you so I couldn’t risk cooking on my own and end up giving up something poisonous” Kyuhyun joked and then reached across the table and gave Ryeowook a kiss on his cheeks. “Happy birthday, Ryeonggu.”

Ryeowook smiled, “Thank you, Kyu. But you really shouldn’t have prepared all of this for me. The present you, Kangin hyung and Henry prepared for me was already enough.”

“I just wanted to make your birthday special.” Kyuhyun then got up and picked up both his and Ryeowook’s plates and brought it over to the sink since they were both done with dessert.

Ryeowook shook his head. First the surprise from Henry, Kangin and him and now this. It wasn’t much, just a candle light dinner at Kyuhyun’s apartment and although Kyuhyun did get some help from Victoria, Ryeowook was already blown away by Kyuhyun’s efforts.

“Hey, Wookie, could you do me a favour?” Kyuhyun suddenly called out from the kitchen.

“Of course.” Ryeowook replied, getting up.

“Could you grab my phone in my room? I’m supposed to receive a call regarding the new book and I just wanted to make sure I won’t miss it.”

Ryeowook nodded, “Sure.”

Ryeowook walked over to Kyuhyun’s room down the hall. To be honest, he had only been into Kyuhyun’s room a few times. They never slept together and the only times Ryeowook had gone into Kyuhyun’s room was that few times that Kyuhyun had to go to public events for book signing and had asked Ryeowook for advise on what to wear. They never hung out in Kyuhyun’s room. Most of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter