Ninth Chapter

Spirit Connection (BTS Jungkook Story)

-Namjoon-

"Hey, I'm glad you could make it." Jungkook slightly bowed and entering the studio his mouth dropped open.

"Wow." he breathed. "Hyung this is where you do your radio broadcasting? It's huge!" his voice echoed. I laughed.

"Yup, this is the place." I say. Going into the recording room Jungkook dropped his bag on the couch and I sat across from him, smiling to see his big eyes wander the room with such curiosity.

"Erm, I hope you don't mind. I brought Jimin-sshi along because he got really bored..." Looking over my shoulder I see him looking at the rack of different variety of snap backs. When he tried to pick one up Yoongi scolded him and immediately the boy bowed in apology. All Yoongi did was roll his eyes and sighed.

"Want to try and mix a few tapes?" I got up from my seat. With an eager nod he followed me into the small room closed off by the soundproof glass and took a seat by the mix table.

I showed him the basics of changing the frequency of the song; adding the bass and tweaking the tempo. 15 minutes in he already got the hang of it.

I decided that maybe he could try in helping us with the broadcast. "What?" Yoongi and Jimin said in unison. Jungkook just stared at us, completely in shock.

"C'mon, give the kid a chance. Besides - no one would know it's him anyway. Unless you want to be credited, Kookie." for a moment he was silent. Yoongi rubbed his chin in deep thought. Jimin had his head down and just stared intensely on the floor.

"A-alright. I'll try it hyung." Jungkook finally replied. "I-if Yoongi-ssi doesn't mind, really..."

"As long as you know what you're doing kid... I'll be behind the table." he rubbed the back of his neck uncertainly. Jimin still was biting his lips, but nonetheless he went along as well. With just minutes before the live airing we positioned ourselves to the right mic and headphones. Cuing Yoongi with the signal of '3...2...1' I switched the snaps of my fingers to Jungkook; signaling to press the ON AIR button.

"Annnnnd, welcome to R.S! This is Rap Monster and your executive co-host Suga!" I placed my headphones on more securely. "today, our music may be a little bit different. A special friend of mine is trying out the new mix table, so please give him praise for it's his first time."

Jungkook had to hold in his laugh or he would have burst on a radio broadcasting live. Nonethelss he remained serious and mixed the tapes. He did a decent job in adding the music at the perfect sequence that you wouldn't think he was a newbie to it.

By the time the last music piece was finishing, so was the end of the radio broadcast. "That's it for the show! Hope you like the amazing music, and we'll see you next week. This is Rap Monster, signing out." As soon as the OFF AIR lit up I leaned back against my chair with a huge sigh of relief.

"Not bad." Yoongi patted Jungkook on the back. "actually, we just got a 100 more listeners from this broadcast alone. Maybe a mere 3% more than last week?" Yoongi checked the data on the computer.

Jimin chuckled. "Soon Jungkook will be famous, huh?" he nudged the shy boy on the ribs.

"Ah- that reminds me." Jungkook looked at me. "Hyung, there was something I wanted to talk to you about. Can we talk in private?" the serious expression in his tone caught me off guard entirely. What happened to the cheerful atmosphere?

Clearing my throat I lead him outside the room and into the small office; closing the door behind me before sitting down at my desk. Jungkook sat on the chair across from me, but his eyes remained heavy and dull.

"So, what is it that you want to tell me?" I clasped my hands over the desk top. Pursing his lips he gulped slowly, looking up.

"Promised you won't tell anyone about this?" I nodded right away. I'm loyal; I keep my loyalty to my friends especially.

"Even if it sounds really crazy, or if sound crazy...you won't tell anyone?"

With a smile I nodded. "Course. I'll keep it as long as I would until you tell me other wise. But Jungkook...are you okay?" the hands in his lap were shaking; trembling even. His breathing became shallow. He was blinking so rapidly.

"Namjoon." his voice came to an audible whisper. "It's about... Suzu. There's something you need to know about her."

My heart thudded to a stop. I clamped my jaw as my throat closed tight. My fists as well. Why would he bring her up now? For some reason hearing her name made my stomach drop, but recoil all at the same time. A sudden shock ran down my spine.

"Matsuko Suzu." I say slowly. There was nothing else to know about her. She died of a terrible car crash accident and now she's probably in heaven; watching over. A short, unfair life is what she had. A short, unrequited love is what I had.

"You can ridicule me all you want. Yell at me if you want. But if I say it's the truth, it is. No bluffs, no lies."

"I'm listening, Jungkook." I tried my best to reassure him.
"Suzu is alive." He leaned closer. " she's alive. As a ghost."

~.~.~.~.~

After I brushed my teeth and dried my hair I lied down in my bed, my hand underneath my head. I stared up at the ceiling, a deep sigh escaping my lips. The words that Jungkook said repeated in my head over and over:

She's alive. As a ghost. I turned to the side, gazing onward. My thoughts were jumbled all around. It can't be. She's dead. How can she be a ghost? And how can Jungkook see her?

Maybe he's suffering a mental disorder? But of course, it couldn't be. Sitting up I opened the drawer of my desk table on my right, taking out an envelope. Opening it up I unraveled the letter in my hands.

To Namjoon,

How are you? It's been awhile since I had last seen you. It feels like your tutoring was just yesterday.

I want to meet up with you. I can prove to you, about how much Jungkook said earlier was true. If you're not going to be at the hill of the graveyards tomorrow afternoon I understand.
I only want to know...whether or not you trust Jungkook. Trust me.

Thank you, Namjoon. I hope to see you soon.

-Matsuko

He wouldn't be lying...would he?