Eigth Chapter

Spirit Connection (BTS Jungkook Story)

-Matsuko Suzu-

My blood ran cold. My fingers felt numb. My heart thrummed loud in my chest. I began to sweat. When I wanted to move again I couldn't. Please, this has to be a dream. I must be hallucinating. Soon I heard their footsteps coming closer each second; and suddenly I felt as if they were just right behind me.

"Don't ignore me. You know I can see you." the person had a smirking tone. I gulped dryly.

With one hand on my shoulder they pivoted me around and soon I was face to face with a dark haired boy; his smile growing wide with the mischievous glint in his eyes. I gasped.

"Kim Taehyung..." I whispered. He laughed.

"You can recognize me after so long?" he stuffed his hands in his pockets casually. I smiled. Kim Taehyung was my old neighbor when I lived in my old apartment. We became quite close and he was usually my consultant whenever I wanted someone to talk to. To me he was like an older brother.

"Of course, you didn't change. Except...maybe your hair." I pointed out. He chuckled; making the atmosphere lighter until I stopped short.

"How can you...see me?" I stepped back. His smile dropped slightly and he let out a small sigh.

"I know you're dead, clearly. I have the ability to see ghosts." My eyes widen. See ghosts?

"H-how?" I stammered. He shrugged.

"I was born with it. My parents thought it was schizophrenia and I had to be hospitalized for a couple months. But when I was released it just made the problem much more worse."

"Worse?" I repeated. He nodded.

"Instead, I only see Wanderers. Ghosts who are troubled and remain on Earth until they fix a regret they have made when they were still living."

So what Oka-san said about the after life is trueBut could that mean...?

"If I see you, then you're one of them. Why didn't you go to heaven?" he asked. For a moment I took a deep breath before answering.

"I-I don't even know myself. I can't think of anything that I regret in doing or saying..." I admit.

"Really?" he scratched his chin. "Then can I ask you this - on the day the building caught on fire, why did you go back?" My breath caught in my throat. I held my wrists tightly in my hand.

"Ah, I had to get something... right! It was obviously really important, and I went back to my apartment for it. That only ended up taking my life clearly..." I laughed bitterly.

"I'm sorry." his face fell. I shook my head, saying it was alright. Suddenly he took out something from his pocket to be a little box with a simple cream bow wrapped around the navy case. When he gave it to me I opened it and already I was so baffled by it. I looked up at him in surprise.

"Wha-you-" I began.

"Shh, I just wanted to make sure this was the one that was left in the building. After they cleaned the place up they gave me a few things to keep, and I was about to put this at your memorial cabinet." he said. Without words I just threw my arms around him into a giant hug.

"Thank you so, so much!" I grinned. "but... would you mind if you kept it a little longer?" he furrowed his brows in confusion. Seeing that again I also realized - just what my regrets were.

And I had to start right from the beginning.

-Jungkook-

Where was she? I looked everywhere in the house but Suzu was no where to be found. What if she didn't make it back home?

I shook off that thought. That's ridiculous. She's a ghost - how can she get lost? After the fifth time I decided to call it a day and just went to sleep. The next day when I went down to the kitchen I see her watching T.V and a cup of tea in her lap. I yawned, striding over to her.

"Yah, Suzu." my stern tone made her flinch slightly. When she looked up she gave me a small smile.

"You're probably thinking about last night," she sipped, still keeping a neutral expression. I crossed my arms, waiting for her explanation. Moving over to the side she gave me room on the couch which I obliged greatly. She reached over to close the television before she began talking.

"Last night I went home by going through the park. There wasn't much people during the night; only a few of them were out to take a quick stroll for their pets. When I continued walking I walked past an empty area of the place and soon I heard someone saying: 'I see you'." my eyes widened in shock. What?

"I thought at first I was hallucinating. I got too scared to even move my legs. I just froze there. Until suddenly they turned me around and I was facing..." she gripped her cup tighter. "my neighbor. My old neighbor was able to see me. As a ghost." I sat and stared at her, reading her if she was in any way just pulling a joke at the moment.

But with her serious expression, she wasn't. "Who is he? Were you guys close?" I asked frantically. She nodded numb.

"Yeah, we were. He's like an older brother to me." her smile gave a tinge of sadness. I had my palms on my lap; my fingers curling in slowly. "I see" was the only reply she got from me.

"Apparently he had the ability to see spirits when he was born. It was labeled as schizophrenia but after being released from the testings it just got more worse. He only saw people like me. A Wanderer."

I heard about that term before - a spirit who dwells on Earth in trying to finish their regrets before going on to the afterlife. But if Suzu was one, what was her regrets? "Suzu," I looked at her. It was hard to compensate what she told me, but I had to hold that information in and continue. "what is his name?"

"Taehyung. Kim Taehyung." she cocked her head to the side. "Why?"

If anything, he could be my only lead. He might be able to figure why a regular person like me...who didn't have this ability until Suzu died...is able to see her now.

"Just wanted to know." I shrugged.

Author's Note: So the person who is able to see Suzu is Taetae! It was probably pretty obvious for some of you guys, and I couldn't leave him out the story when I already introduced all the other BTS members.- so you're welcome ^^