Tenth Chapter

Spirit Connection (BTS Jungkook Story)

-Matsuko Suzu-

I sat cross-legged near the tree, humming a tune whilst resting my eyes. There was no one at the graveyards visiting today, so it was serene. Minutes past and already I heard soft crunching of the grass. Slowly opening my eyes I see someone sitting beside me.

Namjoon. Sitting straight up I looked over. He had his headphones around his neck, a sketchbook and a pencil on his lap. Putting his headphones on he picked up his pencil and began doodling; starting with a circle by what I thought was a face structure.

Next he drew shining, flowing hair off to the page with a small hibiscus flower clip on her left side of her head. He added more facial features such as small, plump lips, large beautiful eyes that gazed right at the viewer; a petite nose to compliment her round cheeks. I chuckled, hugging my knees and resting my head on them.

Seeing him draw was so soothing...for some reason. Do all artists feel like this? When he lifted off the pencil in finality I saw the portrait much more clearly. A girl, smiling bright and cheerful. That girl...is me.

"If you're here," he spoke up. I stared at him with surprise. "Write something. Anything." putting the pencil in the middle of the paper I gazed at it. A few seconds passed, and his expression remained unfocused, almost lost. Hesitantly I picked up item and taking a deep breath I pressed the tip on the white surface:

Matsuko Suzu.

When I turned back to him he had a small smile; a rather sad one. His eyes glistened. "So – you really are here." he whispered softly. "A ghost...right?"

I nodded, writing again:

Yes.

He bit his lip and sighed, closing his eyes for a moment before opening them again. "H-how are you? Are you doing well?" I can tell he was really tense, at the same time he seemed scared.

I'm doing well. I heard about your radio broadcast from Jungkook.

"Ah, so you did, huh?" he scratched the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly. I chuckled.

Namjoon. Do you know why I called you out here?

He remained still. He pressed his lips together. "You wanted to prove you're a ghost...wasn't it?" he whispered. The truth - how I hate saying it. Especially when it breaks someone's heart in the end.

That's not only the reason. You remembered my death, didn't you?

"April 12th..." he mumbled under his breath. I nodded.

Yes, April 12th was when I was killed in a car accident. Somehow I came back as a spirit on Earth, or a 'Wanderer'. I'm sorry for telling you this so late. I know you must be shocked by all this.

"Wanderer...spirit... I've heard of that term before. Isn't it when you want to go to the afterlife you must fulfill your regrets when you were alive?" he asked.

Exactly, but I don't know mine. That's why I am going to talk to each of my friends, starting with you Namjoon.

"M-me? What about...?" he stammered.

A week before my death. Did you remember? You came over and said something to me. Do you still know it?

Of course, I still do. I had to know once and for all...if Namjoon was one of my regrets.

"Yeah, I remember." he gazed down at his hands. "I confessed to you."

Those last words struck me deep in my heart. Vivid memories came right back to me and I felt light headed. Because he was right. He confessed to me. A week before I died.

~.~.~.~.~.~

Flashback.

/At Suzu's house/

"Oh my god, stop!" I clutched my stomach from all the laughter. Jungkook had two pieces of Pocky in between his lips to like a walrus. It didn't help with the situation either because he mimicked their sound; making it even more funnier.

He waddled toward me in the most goofy way possible, making me go into hysterics. "Seriously, we should finish our homework. Quit fooling around, Kookie." I settled down; wiping my runny nose.

"Arasso, arasso." he bit off the biscuits. "I'm all pooped out from making you laugh anyway." he teased. I rolled my eyes. I honestly don't know what happened going from English to putting an entertaining act all in one setting. I had a feeling he really did not want to do work - especially on Language Arts.

So he sat back down on the floor with the table in front of him. Picking up the pencil he began to read the book as I wrote down my answers. After about 10 minutes we heard the door swing open to see Namjoon come in.

"Am I bothering you guys? I bought some takeout if you guys never ate dinner yet." he placed the plastic bag on the table. Getting up we went over and checked the contents. Pork dumplings, kimchi, even some egg noodles with stir fry. My stomach already growled from hunger just by looking at it. Pocky seriously isn't enough.

Jungkook grabbed the plates from my drawer in the kitchen and gave one to each of us; while Namjoon handed out some chopsticks. We ate around the table with loud slurps and talking here and there until Namjoon spoke up again.

"So, how's the homework?" he asked.

"I finished the essay thesis!" I stated. He smiled.

"That's good. And Jungkook?" when he turned to him he almost choked on his water, coughing.

"U-um," he began. I sat there quietly, chewing on my food while hiding a smirk. When he babbled on excuses I just burst out laughing.

"Kookie-ah! You should really stop slacking off. Especially in English." Namjoon sighed. He sulked into his seat.

"Yeah, yeah I know." he replied numbly. "I only scored 4% on the test last time..."

"Exactly. If you need help, ask me or Matsuko kay'?" he patted his shoulder over the table. "I won't tell your parents."

Jungkook looked up slowly. "Really?" his eyes were filled with hope. He nodded.

"Do your work, and we're even. Arasso?" sticking out his hand Jungkook hesitated for a moment. Soon he shook with an even brighter grin.

"Thanks...hyung." that small moment was soon over when Namjoon came over and gave the biggest head rub on his head. Jungkook struggled to get out of his grasp but he held him tighter. Standing up I broke them apart. Of course with the playful atmosphere they forgave each other quite easily.

"Ugh, I'm going to the washroom to fix my hair. Thanks for ruining it, Hyung." he called out before leaving the room. I broke into a small chuckle. Same with Namjoon.

"God, this kid." he shook his head. I smiled.

"Tell me about it. By the way – why'd you come today? You don't tutor me on Fridays." I took a swig of water from my cup.

"I got food for you guys." he bit his lip. I lowered my gaze. Something seemed fishy, and it wasn't the shrimp tempura.

"Really?" I rose an eyebrow. "don't lie. There was something else why you came here."

"A-ani, nothing!" he denied rather too fast. A small smirk grew on my lips. Time to tease the guy a little bit.

"Eyyy, c'mon. You're hiding something aren't you? Tell me~" I crooned; poking at his sides. It only made him more annoyed, turning away from me. The more I poked he got more annoyed to the point he shouted back.

"YAH, MATSUKO!" he bellowed. I stopped immediately.

"Oi, sorry. I got carried away." I smiled sheepishly. He sighed, looking at me. His eyes bore into mine with so much seriousness I was a little thrown off.

"Matsuko, the real reason why I came here is because I have something to tell you." my heart skipped and the atmosphere got tense really fast. What real reason?

"I like you, Matsuko Suzu." his gaze softened. "I always have."

~.~.~.~.~.~

Author's Note: From here on out, the plot is just going to reach the very soon. Oh but don't worry, the angst is not coming...at least not yet hueheheh ><