Sixth Chapter

Spirit Connection (BTS Jungkook Story)

-Matsuko Suzu-

I left Jungkook's home and wandered the streets alone. I didn't really want to bother him, for he was probably busy with something else.

Besides, I wanted time for myself. Knowing that today was the day I passed away... I shook my head and sighed. This feeling... it was solemn.

I have been living on Earth as a wandering soul for three years, not heading over to the afterlife.

Could what Oka-san said about death be true? That I had to get over the regret that I made whilst I was still alive?

Sitting on the bench, I watched little kids playing at the swings, or chasing each other around the grass. I see little leaves fall and crushed underneath peoples' shoes as they walk quickly past.

A dog and its owner stopped jogging to take a breath near the bench, and as the jogger took a swig of her water bottle the dog looked at me with his big tongue sticking out.

With a grin I knelt down and rubbed the back of his fur.

"How are you? Had a nice walk?" It wagged its tail happily as I scratched its ear. I combed back its fur; playing with his paws. The dog barked, earning a curious glance from the owner. Nonetheless I continued playing with the animal.

After rubbing the back of its belly the owner soon grabbed the dogs leash and they continued to walk. The dog whinnied and resisted the pull of the owner, but I gave the dog a motion to continue on."Next time if we see each other we'll play again!" I waved. It whimpered, which only irritated the owner more.

"C'mon, let's go. You can play in the park next time." With a final tug the dog slumped away, which made my heart drop. Poor dog. I guess he really liked me. Staring onward I got up and continued to walk. There was only one place I had to visit before I went back to Jungkook's place, and that was the cemetery.

~.~.~.~.~.~

You would never expect a cemetery to be so eerily quiet, yet for me it gave some sense of tranquility aspect to it. I walked past the dozens of tombstones that were empty or filled with flowers and wreaths. Only a few people visited, but it was mostly empty. I read each of the names until up head I stopped and stared ahead.

From my view someone's back was turned to me as they knelt and placed a bouquet of red tulip's at the front.

"Its been 3 years, Matsuko Suzu." my eyes widened. That voice...I know who it belongs to. I covered my mouth with my hand. "how have you been?" Kim Namjoon said. I held the tree branch to hold up my shaking body.

Kim Namjoon was my tutor in helping me with Math during high school, and also one of my closest friends as well.

He stopped tutoring me the moment he said he had to move to Ilsan, but I never knew he would be right back here again in Seoul.

"What has he been doing this whole time?" I wondered. Of course he couldn't answer my question – so he continued on, basically, talking to himself.

"People thought that I was dating somebody. Well, you don't see a guy walking around the streets with a handful of flowers everyday..." He laughed under his breath.

I couldn't help but smile on my own. Still the same white haired dork I admire.

"I missed our old tutoring sessions. I missed how much I'd tease you about how your drawings of dogs look like pig-cow hybrids." I knew he was taking back a sob; for his voice faltered. I only stared, my heart clenching tight in my chest. I too, had the urge to fight back a sob. Tears pooled at the edge of my eyes. I covered my trembling mouth with the back of my hand.

"I missed the good old days." He sighed. Taking a shaking breath I wiped my eyes, but the tears kept rolling down my cheeks. Namjoon, don't be like this...it hurts me as much as it hurts you.

"You know that question you asked me long ago? About whom I liked?" I stared with my ears perking open. I did remember asking him that. It was just as a tease, but... why would he bring that up now? Is he actually going to answer that question?

I clutched the fabric of my clothing tighter under my fingers. Why do I feel so nervous all of a sudden? Before he opened his mouth I see a figure coming and walking past me, also with an arrangement of flowers in their hand. My mouth dropped.

Its... Jungkook. I hid behind a tree and peeked out, seeing the scene in front of me. Why is he here?

"Kim Namjoon?" His voice rose in question. I felt my stomach lurch with a sickening twist. Why do I have such a bad feeling about this?