Seventh Chapter

Spirit Connection (BTS Jungkook Story)

-Jungkook-

 

I stared at him behind, outermost shocked. When he turned around we stared at each other for a brief second before he broke into his wide gummy smile.

"Kookie!" he walked towards me. "I knew it was you!" He stopped short and stared at me some more. "Omo, still as cute as I remember you to be." I gulped; my throat running dry. I hitched my breath. My fingers slowly curled around my bouquet. When his gaze dropped down to it his smile faltered - but only a slight bit.

"I-it's been a while, hyung." I stammered. "W-what are you doing here, by the way?" I looked over him to see that at the edge of Suzu's tombstone was already another pair of flowers. He still remembers her, huh.

"Ah - I came to visit on her third year anniversary. Did you come for that also?" he slipped a hand in his black trench coat. With a subtle nod I slowly walked past him and placed them as well on the ground, and closing my eyes I took a deep breath before turning to Namjoon once more.

"Hey, why don't we hang out? I never ate lunch yet." he offered. From the corner of my eye I saw slight movement from the tree; only to see a slight wind pick up and sway the branch.

After thinking it over, I gave him a smile. "Sure. I'm getting pretty hungry anyways."

We ate some soft tofu soup, our meal seemingly quiet. I continued eating and picking up some braised potatoes, until Namjoon called me out: "Jeon Jungkook."

I choked on my rice; looking up slowly. Putting down his cup he reached over and refilled mine. then he chuckled. "Don't eat so fast, you're going to get indigestion." he said. I swallowed my food and nodded.

"Sorry, I'm just really hungry." I say numbly. "your radio broadcast...is it doing okay?" I held my spoon up in the air. He shrugged.

"Doing good as it always has." he gave a broad grin. Using his chopsticks he picked up some rice and kimchi and stuffed it in his mouth. "by the way, when I left her..."

Immediately I stopped and stared with the spoon halfway to my mouth. His eyes gazed down at the ceramic bowl in front of him. His mouth formed a small thin line and no words came out for the few seconds. I lowered my spoon and swallowed dryly. My hands came down and rested on my knees. I blinked; for my vision suddenly became hazy.

"She bawled like crazy," I say truthfully, clenching my fists under the table. "little did she know that you came back." I mumbled under my breath. I heard a sigh from Namjoon, a small soft smile growing on his lips.

"I wanted to tell her, but I guess I'm too late, huh?" he continued to eat, but I remained looking at him. There were so many other things I wanted to tell Namjoon, but my mouth couldn't form words at the moment. But the biggest question I had in mind was this: Why did he visit Suzu's grave after so long?

After eating I walked with him to the bus stop, which was when we exchanged a small farewell. He told me to visit him at the station sometimes, and I agreed. "Bye hyung." I waved small. With a little salute of his hand he went on the bus and soon, it drove away.

With a sigh I came back home and already I shouted out her name: "SUZU!"

No response; as the house remained dead silent. Taking off my shoes I dropped my sweater off the couch and looked around. Taking a deep I stopped and stared.

"I see you." I deadpanned. She froze halfway into crawling out from behind the counter top with banana milk in one hand and a bag of ginger nut cookies in the other. She stood still for a good few minutes until I came behind and pulled her right up to face me. She blinked with a shocked face; soon breaking into a smile.

"Ah, Jungkook! Back so soon?" she says innocently. That only earned her a bigger frown from me.

"Suzu," I say again. "What the hell?"

"What? I'm hungry, I'll get you another banana milk." she shrugged. I bit my lip and looked away irritated. she's too obvious.

"First off, your dead. Do you think grocery bags walk on their own?" her expression sulked. "also, you know what I'm talking about." she looked up at me, her eyes gleaming.

"Why were you at the cemetery?" I asked low.

She blinked quickly, and never said anything. I stayed staring at her; leaning closer which made her even more uncomfortable as she tried to avoid my eyes by gazing down at the floor. I placed my hands on her shoulders to keep her from looking away.

"I was just walking around. I didn't want to bother you today so I ended up visiting my tombstone, and that's when I saw..." her voice faltered. I loosened my grip on her shoulders to now she kept her head low.

"Did...he say anything?" I say. When she looked back up at me that's when I saw it.

"No, nothing." she said all rather too quickly. It rose my suspicion a slight bit; but nonetheless I let it slide. Taking a deep breath she turned around and walked away from me.

Before she went up she stopped in her tracks, still not looking back at me. I saw her fingers slowly curled inwards and with a shuddering breath she said in a low tone: "Thank you. For the flowers." And with that she quickly went up the stairs to hear a door shut.

I couldn't say anything. Why? Because seeing Suzu cry hurts me enough already.