[YeolxYeondooxHajoon] With You

The Road of Love [사랑의 길] | A One-shot Gallery

It was always about You. 

Cast: Seo Ha Joon, Kang Yeon Doo (Sassy, Go Go!)

Scenario: Kim Yeol gets into a car accident planned for Yeon Doo.


There was Seo Ha Joon, sitting on the edge of the rooftop, looking at the evening sky set in blankly. There were two things in his mind now: Kim Yeol and Kang Yeon Doo. The first, his best friend, who was in a critical situation at the hospital. The second, his other friend and first love. Also, his best friends's girlfriend. He never knew how it became this complicated for him. Maybe it was because his friend had sped up and got Kang Yeon Doo before he could. He still regrets not being faster in realising his feelings for the loyal, caring, sassy and bold girl.

He wasn't sure whether he wanted to see Kim Yeol now; in his own situation, he could not even sort out his own self. He needed time; time to gather himself, time to gather his feelings up and keep them in a far away corcer of his heart and mind, where he himself could not reach it. he knew he had to stop loving Yeon Doo. It was wrong. There was an unwritten rule in the whole of world: To never love your best friend's girlfriend. He didn't want to break it and thus, lose his only friend who really knows him. Yeon Doo knows a bit of him, it was Yeol who saved him from dying thrice. Twice from suicide, and once from this accident which was originally planned to kill Kang Yeon Doo. Yes, the three were at the same place, saving each other. And it was poor Kim Yeol who had to take the hit.

By who? Kwon Soo Ah's mother. For ruining her daughter's life and making her confess everything. Although Soo Ah's reason to confess was the words of Ha Dong Jae, Yeon Doo too had a major part in her confession. Just having her name menioned in Soo Ah's confession led her Mother to kill the girl.

He still remembered Yeon Doo's face; Oh her face filled with genuine guilt for not saving him when she could have. It was a planned accident to kill her, yet she put the blame on herself for Kim Yeol's condition. She was that selfless.

He never understood Soo Ah's mother: her own daughter chose to confess her guilt herself, what problem did she have now? Why was it that important for her to get her daughter into an Ivy League college? He didn't know; He didn't want to know. For the anger in him, he could've strangled Soo Ah's mother now. Yet, he stayed calm.

Promise me you'll never get angry, Yeon Doo had said to him.

"Kang Yeon Doo... Are you fine?" He asked, looking at the moon peeking at him from the clouds.


Kang Yeon Doo was sitting inside the stuffy club room of Real King, which was finally given back to them after Real King and Baek Ho worked together to win the Regional Cheerleading Competition. Yet, she didn't leave cheerleading. She was with Kim Yeol there, so she didn't have the mind to leave. She was a member of both Real King and Baek Ho. In fact, all of her friends were.

Right now, all she could think about was Kim Yeol. His name and face alone ran through her eyes. The scene where he lay with a puddle of blood around him, not moving an inch stuck on to her mind like a leech. She tried to erase it, but couldn't. It had consumed her. She had never cried. She wasn't the person to cry. Yet, today, she let everything out. She didn't care about herself anymore; all she needed was Kim Yeol"Kim Yeol..." She muttered in between her silent sobs. Soo Ah's words ran through her mind.

Don't lost him, Yeon Doo-yah. He's the most precious gift you can ever get... Even when I have never liked him more than as a friend, I can say that he'll take care of you really well, Soo Ah had said.

Now, she wanted to be the one to take care of him. There he was, in one of the pungent-smelling rooms, fighting for his life, while she was here, unable to do anything. Teacher Yang had promised her that he'd call her when he's okay. Since then, she's looked at her phone for over a thousand times now. No calls.

"Ssaem, call me!" She almost threw her phone, but then remember she couldn;t receive any calls if her phone's broken. She resorted to crying out again.

Triiiing. She immediately answered, not even seeing who it was.

"Yeon Doo, it's Mom"

"Eomma~!" She whined, crying more. "I hate to study~"

It was her habit to not tell her the real reason she was crying. That time she walked out of her school, she had said that her favorite dish was salty and cried salty tears. Now, it was studies.

"Yeon Doo-yah, what happened?"

"It's too hard!" She yelled.

"O-Okay, Yeon Doo, but you have to stay strong, dear..."

"No! I don't want to!" And she hung up, looking for any calls in between her conversation with her mother. No; not a single call.

She decided to call Teacher Yang herself.

Riing, Riing, Riing.... The call went. "Yeon Doo-yah" Her Ssaem answered.

"Tae Bum ssaem! How's Yeol?" She cried.

"The doctor hasn't come out yet, Yeon Doo. I'll call you once he comes out--"

"What is taking him so long?! It's just a matter of saving someone! Why can't he do that sooner?!"

"Yeon Doo, it's not as easy as you think. It takes a lot of time, Yeon Doo-yah"

"Shouldn't that time be over by now?!" She yelled. "I want to see him ssaem! I want to see him!"

"B-But it's raining now. I think it's better if you stay the-- Listen, I'll call you later, okay? I promise" With that, he hung up.

Yeon Doo cried harder.

"Kim Yeol! Why... do you make it so hard?" She cried, looking as the rain drops pattered against the window, creating a sound in the otherwise silent room. It soothed her.

I'm coming to you, Yeon Doo. She heard Yeol all of a sudden. And as if on cue, her phone rang.

"Kim Yeol's safe! You can come tomorrow to see him!" it was Teacher Yang. She let out cries of happiness as she thanked God for letting him live, with her.


[whoa... that was something, right? i never wanted to do anything to be bubbly eye-smile couple... and yet, here i am, almost killing Yeol (and he's my fav actor sobsob). i always felt they worried for each other, like Ha Joon worries for Yeol and Yeon Doo and Yeon Doo worries for Kim Yeol and Ha Joon and Yeol worries for Yeon Doo and Ha Joon. they're just a perfect (and cliched) love-triangle!]

Picture credit to whoever made it