Hi?

I'm homeless but I'm not....

Youngji, a young girl didn't deserve to live in the streets. She had no parents, no food and no education. She was quite tall, pretty but dumb. She always stayed on the streets watching people walk pass thinking how lucky they are. But it always hurted her whenever a kid around her age walks pass her with a parent. It made Youngji feel worthless, she couldn't remember anything in the past, she was only left with a small picture with a woman, a man and a young baby and a small blurred word that said 'Youngji'. It always clung on Youngji, she never knew what it meant. Every night she always slept on the bus stop bench and sometimes gets pushed off or scolded.

" Look omma! A girl!" cried a voice. " Darling, don't touch her! She's homeless! She is dirty!" yelled back a voice. Youngji soon woke up and sat on the bench leaving room for the visitors who were coming. " Omma, why is she homeless?" asked the voice. " She's patheic! That's why!" said the voice. The people who were talking approached her and sat on the other side of the bench. " Hello there," greeted a young boy. " Jackson! Don't talk to her!" yelled a woman. " I'm Jackson, what's your name?" asked the boy called Jackson. " Hi? My name is Youngji" replied Youngji. " Jackson!" yelled the woman. " That's my mum. She never let's me talk to people like you." said Jackson. " Oh?" said Youngji. " I'm going to my singing lessons" said Jackson. " Singing? What's that?" asked Youngji. " Singing is like.. Hmm.. How do I put this? Don't worry! I'll sing for you!" said Jackson and sang.

" During my past childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream,

about riding a balloon flying.

If a yellow balloon flies in the sky,

my heart remembers beautiful memories"                                             [ DBSK Balloons]

 

" That sounded really nice" smiled Youngji " But I don't understand". Jackson widen his eyes. " Are you serious?" he asked. Youngji nodded, " Well, you are homeless right?" asked Jackson. " Yeah.." replied Youngji. " So you didn't have anything to eat?" asked Jackson. Youngji slowly nodded, " Most of the time. Sometimes people give me money and I run off to buy some books, food and clothes" she replied. " You are smart" said Jackson " Here, have a museli bar. It's healthy and hopefully gains you some weight. You really skinny" said Jackson handing Youngji a museli bar. Youngji accepted his offer and held onto it. " You're not gonna eat it?" asked Jackson. " I will save it when I need it bad" replied Youngji. " JACKSON! THE BUS IS HERE!" yelled his mum. " I got to go. I will visit you tomorrow here ok?" said Jackson. Youngji nodded, " What's tomorrow?" asked Youngji. " The next day" replied Jackson. Youngji nodded in better understanding and watched Jackson leave the platform.


" Jackson sweetie. Who was that girl?" asked his mum. " Omma, she's called Youngji! She's homeless but she has a heart" replied Jackson. " So what? She's dirty!" said his mum. " Omma!! It's not fair on her! I don't think she even has parents! She's all alone!" said Jackson. " You got a point sweets" said his mum. " Can we take her home?" asked Jackson. " EW NO!" replied his mum in disgust. " Why? Once we give her a bath she will be no longer dirty" said Jackson. "We are not taking a stranger home Jackson!" siad his mum. " Please omma" begged Jackson. " Give her a few more days" replied his mum.