Downhill From Here

"Promise..."

Back to the present

 

“Hey do you guys have keys to a car?”


“Oops. I left them in the dorm. I’d rather not go back and ask Joshua for them.” Even DK, who was always happy, did not want to face whatever mood Joshua was fixed in.

 

“That’s fine. I can go home to get my car. Do you guys want to come with?”


“Why not? It’ll be part of the adventure.”


You all piled onto the elevator with great anticipation. They were clearly very excited to go on an outing that was outside of the heart of LA. It was kind of boring after you have lived there for 5 years. By that time you could have seen the whole heart twice.

 

As you left the dorm building with the others, you talked and laughed as though things were right in the world. Little did you know that Joshua could see from his room how happy you were with them.

 

He sank onto the floor with his back against the wall. He didn’t know what to do at this point due to the fact that he had been really pushing his luck with you already.

 

“Why do I fail at life?” He mumbled to himself.

 

With all the strength he had left, he hoisted himself up off the floor, walked over to his bed and landed on it with a rather loud thud. Then again, his bed was just a mattress on the floor.

 

He closed his eyes and tried to sleep off most of the day. But the only thing he could do was sleep for 30 minutes at a time, wake up, and go back to sleep.

 

As the three of you walked away, you looked back up at the window you knew was to Joshua’s room and sighed slightly.

 

Woozi noticed you looking and stopped for a second to wait for you. When you caught up he put an arm around your shoulder with a smile.

 

“It’ll be ok. He’s having a difficult week is all.”

 

You nodded, acting as though you understood, but the smile on your face never reached your eyes. There wasn’t much to be done at that point; you were upset that Joshua was upset. Joshua was upset for many other reasons but you were one of the bigger reasons in his life to be upset by.

 

Wonwoo looked back at you and Woozi, he knew how you felt at the moment. His heart was hurting but he wasn’t about to show it to you because he knew what would happen.

 

Besides, he had to consider the blood transfusion between you and Joshua. If anything went wrong with you one you, the other would suffer the consequences as well but to a lesser extent.

 

“Wonwoo-ah.” Mingyu said as he poked his friend in the arm.

 

“Eh?”


“You need to stop thinking about her and Joshua.”


DK nodded his head in agreement. “We know that you like her but…Joshua…He hasn’t been in love for 6 years.”


“I know. What about me though? What about my feelings?” He couldn’t help it. You were perfect to him. He loved your personality, even the darker sides.

 

“Then start acting like you know. You’d be fighting with Joshua for her, he loves her too.”


“Mingyu, I get what you’re saying and I’ll do my best, but love isn’t something you can always control.”

 

Just as the latter was about the respond, you and Woozi came up beside the three. He smiled at them and pointed to the right.

 

“You guys have no idea where my house is do you?” You asked with a smug smile.

 

“Yeah no, we have absolutely no idea where we’re going.” DK said bluntly.

 

You laughed. DK was such a ball of sunshine, there was never a dull moment with him around.

 

“Come on. It’s down this street and to the right.” You took the lead as the others followed you quickly.

 

 

***

 

 

When Joshua woke up, after only sleeping for 30 minutes, he looked around the room slowly. Everything seemed a shade greyer and duller than before.

 

As he sat up, his heart rate began to beat irregularly. The blood transfusion had most definitely worked but the side effects were taking a toll on his body. Joshua could feel the change in the pace and sighed heavily.

 

He swung his legs out from under the covers and leaned his back against the wall, in a reclining position. The light that came in through the windows was darker and greyer than normal. Then again, Joshua couldn’t really care at that point.

 

Everything seemed to be moving at the pace of a snail. The more time Joshua spent sitting on his bed the more he began to question himself. It was as if something in his life had finally clicked, but he didn’t like the result that he was given.

 

Within the silence of the room, a soft and quiet buzzing sound could be heard. Joshua reached for his phone next to his bed and looked down at the caller ID.

 

He quickly answered it. “Hello?”

 

“So, how did you like the gift, my friends and I left you?” The voice was cold with a condescending tone to it.

 

Joshua could feel the anger boiling up inside him. “That’s not funny.” He growled.

 

“Oh, of course it wasn’t funny. What was funny was that you actually did the blood transfusion yourself and didn’t take her to a doctor.” The voice paused for a moment in anticipation for Joshua’s comeback. But it never came.

 

“You know Jisoo, you’re too sensitive sometimes. I told you that I could fix that for you.”


“Don’t you remember that I told you I didn’t want you to fix it? I’m fine just the way I am.”

 

The voice laughed, it was a warm and friendly laugh. Though Joshua could tell that underneath that warm sound was a cold and menacing sound.

 

“Oh Hong Jisoo. You are quite stupid if I may point out.”


“I’m not stupid. Even if we had gotten her to a doctor the blood would have drained out of her by then. She would have died. Why would you start this soon?”


“It’s simply a game Jisoo. You make a move then its our turn. I’m afraid that you just weren’t prepared for this move. Now it all comes crashing down on your head.”

There was silence for a moment, then Joshua spoke again. “Stop calling my Jisoo. I hate that name and you know it. I wish we hadn’t met in the first place.”
 

“Awe, such harsh words coming from the dongsaeng.” No scale could even begin to give a rang of how much sarcasm was packed into those words. The pressure was building up in Joshua and sooner or later, it would have to come out.

 

“What do you want from me this time? Haven’t I given you enough?”


“You’ll never be able to give me enough. Not until you become what I created in you and when you finally stand by my side.”


“Why should I? The others are capable of this as well.”


“You make a valid point my love. Yet they aren’t as appealing as you are.”


“I’m going. And before I hang up, tell Jin that if she ever comes back to this place without my knowing it, I’ll sink my fangs into her neck and kill her.” He then hung up, quickly pressing down on the screen. This was followed by a swift move of his arm, which ended with his phone sticking out of the wall on the opposite side of the room.


“…they won’t be happy with this.” He stood up to grab his phone from the wall. When he pulled it out, he cringed. The dent wasn’t just that. It was an opening and Joshua would either have to pay it, or fix it himself.

 

The anger inside him was calm now. He no longer felt the need to punch a wall or even have the thirst for blood. His eyes didn’t turn red and his fangs never grew out. He was just calm.

 

He was back to his bed, sat down with his legs crossed and grabbed his guitar. It was time to write a new song and create something instead of destroy.

 

As he played seemingly random notes on the guitar, he began to sing softly and sweetly. If anyone had been in the room with him would have been mesmerized. Just hearing him play was something special but to hear him create a song was beyond unheard/seen of.

 

“On that day it rained, the clouds and sky cried. Forced smiles and awkward words tell of our goodbye.”


He wasn’t thinking of good song lyrics. Joshua couldn’t begin to try due to the lack of actual inspiration. His mood was also bringing him down, with each note he became less and less happy with himself.

 

After about 15 minutes of this sulking around and becoming a real sack of potatoes, Joshua got up and changed. He put on a white dress shirt, black dress pants and pulled out the black tie that his mother had given him.

 

He stood at the mirror putting on his tie. “Time to practice.” Just as he was finishing buttoning his shirt, Joshua heard a soft sound behind him. He turned around to find Minghao.

 

“The8?”


“Hyung, where are you going?”


“What do you mean?” Then it hit him.

 

“What’s wrong?” Joshua asked.

 

“It’s Margo. Her blood pressure dropped while we were out with her.”


“Please tell me this is a joke.” No matter how hard he wished, he knew that The8 was dead serious about this. When you’re a healer you can’t joke about anyone’s personal health.

 

“Alright. Where is she?” Joshua grabbed his blazer and followed the younger out of the room.

 

“We had to bring her back here.” Wonwoo said with an underlying tone of distain.

 

“Well good thing you did.” Joshua kneeled down to get a better look at you. Indeed, your breathing had become much slower and your skin was whiter than normal.

 

“The8, get me your medical case. I’m not doing another blood transfusion this way.”


The8 nodded his head then ran off to get his case. Joshua ed the cuffs on his left sleeve then rolled it up so that The8 could get to the vein.

 

Wonwoo sat on the couch, watching in silence and unwilling to say anything to the American Hyung. Then again, he never had to say anything in the first place. Joshua knew very well that Wonwoo was staring at him with scornful eyes. He also knew just why Wonwoo was pissed off at him, it was all because of Margo.

 

“Hyung, lean against the back of the chair and relax your body.” The8 said calmly while pulling out a pint bag and the needle.

 

Joshua did as he was told, the others watched in silence. Mingyu took one look at Wonwoo and knew he was about to kill something. He placed a hand on the others shoulder.


Wonwoo looked at him and softened his gaze. Mingyu shook his head slightly, there wasn’t much to be done about the situation that they were in. Looking at Joshua and Margo was just going to make matters worse.

 

“Woozi, hand me that pillow so his arm can rest on something.”


Woozi had your head in his lap. He moved ever so slightly and grabbed the pillow off of the couch. He didn’t want to wake you up.

 

The8 took the pillow and set it under Joshua’s arm. He held the needle in his gloved left hand while he used his right to check Joshua’s pulse before inserting the needle.

 

“Mingyu, can you glove me other hand for me?”


Mingyu nodded and grabbed another glove from the case. The8 slipped his hand into the glove with a slight snapping sound. Latex wasn’t the best kind to use but it was all they had for the moment.

 

“You know how this works Joshua. It’ll hurt more than when you did the actual transfusion.”


“I’m aware. It hurts more for us.”


“Just making sure.” The8 said before sticking the needle gently into the latters arm.

 

Joshua cringed slightly. The pain he felt was much worse than before. He’d gotten his blood drawn many times before but this was different.

 

“This’ll take about 15 minutes. His blood collects quickly.” The8 said to the others.

 

“How many times does he have to do this?”

 

“Well it depend Wonwoo. If I can find a way to get her blood levels back to normal and stay that way without the blood from Joshua, then he won’t have to do it at all. Or now though, this is the best way to go.”


“Why not just do the transfusion the normal way.”


“The normal way?” Joshua looked at Wonwoo quizzically. “There’s no normal way of doing this. I don’t want to bite her again because that will leave marks. Besides, she stills has them from the first time I did the transfusion.”

 

“I’m still having her use the balm but it would seem that it’s not working as quickly or as well as in the past. I might have to make more.” The8 pulled out a notebook from his case and began to write down what he needed.

 

“Why couldn’t you have just taken her to a doctor?”

 

“By the time we would have gotten her to a doctor and in a room with blood she would have died. There was blood pooling around her so we didn’t have much of a choice.” Joshua didn’t look at Wonwoo as he spoke. He looked at your face for a moment.

 

Woozi looked down at you with a smile on his face. “The8, she’s getting the color back in her skin.”


Minghao stopped what he was doing and looked back at you. Sure enough your skin was going back to its normal tan glow. He smiled and nodded his head. “Very good.”

 

“The8, how much longer do I have to lay here?”

 

“Well, seeing as how she’s gaining some color back. I can unhook you right now. There’s about half a pint here but that should be sufficient.”

 

The8 took the needle out of Joshua’s arm slowly and carefully. He then placed a cotton ball on the vein and told Joshua to hold it there for him so that he could get you started on the IV.

 

Joshua did as he was told and watched Minghao finish the job. He placed the bag of blood, sitting up right, in the case. He then took off the gloves he had used with Joshua and put on a new pair. The8 always used extreme caution when doing any medical work.

 

Once he had the new gloves on he grabbed the back of blood. Before he did anything though, a thought came to him. He turned to Woozi with a serious expression.

 

“Take her into my room. I have a hanger for the IV in my closet. Besides, she needs to stay still and lay down on a bed.”


Woozi nodded his head then looked at Mingyu. The latter stood up and help Woozi carry you to The8’s room.

 

Minghao held his hands up in the way that a surgeon would before operating. He turned to Joshua who was still leaning against the chair holding the cotton ball to his arm.


“Wonwoo. You remember how to put in an IV and set up everything properly right?”


Said male nodded his head carefully. “Why?”


“I’ll need you to do it for me. I have to finish with Joshua.” The8 moved back to the latter and began to grab what he needed from the case before handing it to Wonwoo.

 

He took it and started to walk to the room when Minghao grabbed his wrist quickly. Wonwoo looked into the younger’s eyes and suddenly became even more silent.


“Wonwoo, I promise you this. If you this up, forget a step, mix up the needles or wires, you will be dead. I’ve worked too hard to get to where I am in medical training and I will NOT let you destroy that. I’m counting on you to finish this well and without a single microscopic flaw. Here me big guy?”

 

Wonwoo looked at the younger with a frightened expression. No one had ever seen him get so serious or angry by anything in their lives. Wonwoo was only the first victim to fall into the pit.

 

“I understand.”


“Good. And put on gloves or I swear to the Gods I will insert a used needle into your arm.”


Wonwoo nodded his head. He couldn’t say anything else about what had just happened. Quickly, he made his way to The8’s room in silence.

 

The8 watched him disappear around the corner then turned back to Joshua with a very small smug smile on his face. Joshua opened his mouth to say something but The8 stopped him.

 

“No need to say anything hyung.” The younger carefully began to wrap the cotton ball around Joshua’s arm.


“You are very scary when it comes to medical stuff.”

 

“I was taught by the best. When that happens, you can’t let them down. Otherwise the trained would have been for nothing at all.” He spoke softly as he finished up the wrapping.



“Besides, I could tell you needed me here and not have Wonwoo staring at you. Though in all seriousness, if he s this up I’ll really get pissed and jab a used needle into his arm.”


The8 cut the tape and sealed it around Joshua’s arm. The latter looked at it for a moment and sighed. He thought today would have been the day to finish it off. Yet fait had decided there would be no such thing.

 

“The8.” Joshua’s voice was barely a whisper but the younger still heard it.


“Nae?”


“Keep her safe while she’s here. I have to go out and get some stuff done but I’ll be back in two hours.”


“仕,but…Do drink some blood and eat something. I think we have a few pints left in the fridge.”


Joshua nodded his head and slowly stood up. The8 helped him up, patted him on the back then walked to his room to make sure Wonwoo the dork hadn’t ed up his work.

 

As Joshua walked to the fridge, his heart was beating much too slowly. He knew this way before the blood was drawn and the first blood transfusion. He opened the fridge and found four pints of blood that was left. Joshua read the labels and cringed at each of the.

 

The first was from a young girl who had suffered from a punctured lung. The second was from a man who had been bitten by S. Coups when they were running from a mad man. Third; pigs blood, Minghao always said that it was good for you when needed and only given in the proper dosage.

 

The last one, the one that Joshua hated the most to see in the fridge. The fourth was from a girl as well. This girl was very close to the boys and had even dated Seungkwan.

 

This girl was the one who started giving the group of thirteen boys the most trouble and grief in their lives.

 

“I can’t believe it.” Joshua sighed heavily but took the first pint bag. It was the least painful to know about. He walked to the couch and sat down to drink the blood and try to relax.

 

Woozi walked back to the living room and saw Joshua drinking the blood. He sat down next to him.

 

“How are you feeling?”


“Well…” Joshua said in between sips. “I emotionally feel like a pile of bricks and physically…”


Woozi looked at the latter, waiting for a response, which took a long time to get. When Joshua finally answered, The8 had already come back from his room. Behind him, wincing was Wonwoo due to the tight grip on his ear by none other than Xu Minghao.

 

“I physically feel like I’ve been kicked by a small horse.” He looked out the windows and said nothing else after that.

 

“The8, what are you doing?”


Woozi looked up at the younger who was holding on to Wonwoo’s left ear, rather harshly, with a look that couldn’t be explained. The8 looked down at Woozi; if it was possible, his frown deepened even more that it already was.

 

“Well, guess who almost ed up and didn’t use gloves or actually hang the pint bag from its stand?” He glared at said male who had done all this with fierce anger.

 

“Sorry Minghao.” Wonwoo spoke softly and quietly. It was clear he was trying to retain any kind of dignity that he somehow had left.

 

“Sorry?! Ha! Sorry ain’t gonna cut it hyung. If you had done anything else…” The8 suddenly stopped talking and took a deep breath. He left go of Wonwoo’s ear and closed his eyes for a moment.

 

“Wonwoo, if you had ed up even more by, oh say, getting a used needle and sticking it into her arm, well then I would have punted you in the head. Trust me what I say that I have a lot of strength and it would hurt to another degree if I had beaten your sorry .”

 

Wonwoo nodded his head but said nothing. He knew that when you ed up the medical steps, The8 would be on your in a heartbeat. Literally. This time he decided to keep his mouth shut until it was somewhat safe to speak again.

 

“Now, I would like to say that I can forgive you. Unfortunately that won’t be happening. You have now set my skills back by…oh 10 lessons. So thanks you to, I will have to redo those 10 lessons and get the score again.”


With that, The8 returned to his room, closed the door and didn’t come back out. Wonwoo looked down the hall and couldn’t move a muscle. Joshua watched him out of the corner of his eye. It was actually sad. The8 was being harsh on him but it did make a bit of sense.

 

When you mess of a medical procedure, you can kill a person. If you don’t scrub down correctly, if you don’t use gloves, if you don’t use the proper equipment…everything can and will go downhill from there. Joshua knew this all too well. He had been asked by The8 to help him with a medical procedure and screwed up.

 

The8 was so upset that he almost hit Joshua over the head with the nun chucks he kept in his room. From that day on, Joshua never asked to help The8 nor did The8 ask Joshua for help. That was made very clear due to the outcome of the previous time.

 

Now, it was Wonwoo’s turn to disappoint. There hadn’t been many times when it happened but it did. Those were the rare moments.

 

 

***

 

 

The8 walked into his room and closed the door. He walked over to his bed to check on your blood pressure and see if anything was out of sorts. Fortunately everything was safe and in good measurements.

 

“Thank god.” His voice was soft and quiet. He walked over to his desk to start writing out everything that needed to be done once again.

 

He knew that Wonwoo was going to mess up something. He knew that he would have to retake at least one of the classes if the older had ed up. Luckily, the part he messed up wasn’t too bad. The8 only had to go back to the personal hygiene and care for patients lecture. It could have been much worse.

 

“Minghao?”


He turned around to see you looking back at him with a sleepy expression. The8 smiled and rolled his chair over to the bedside to see you better.

 

“How ya feeling?”


“Well…kind of light headed.”


“That’s normal. Don’t worry, nothing bad that I couldn’t fix.”


When he said that you looked around and saw that you were in his room. Then you felt the needle in your arm. You looked to your right and found the IV, an almost empty bag of blood and then The8. He just looked at you with the calmest expression ever.

 

“Wow…”


“Hey, you’ll be fine. Be glad they got you here and not a hospital. I’m more efficient than them.” Minghao smiled up at you.

 

“Thanks. How long have I been out for?”


“Uh…” He checked his watch. “About 25 minutes. But you weren’t necessarily ‘knocked out’. You were asleep for a good portion of the time.”


“…I didn’t take my pill…”


“For your heart condition? I know. Luckily, that was easy enough to make in house.” He wheeled off to the case, took out a small bottle then rolled back to you. Minghao handed you the bottle and leaned back in his chair.

 

“How did you know?”


“It’s pretty easy to figure out when I’m training to be part of a medical team. Especially when you have a person who needs more blood. There are tests to run and things like that.”


“How can you fit all of that in your room?” You asked incredulously.

 

“Well it wasn’t just in my room. I mean, my closets are huge and yes I have a lot of equipment but some of it is in Hoshi’s and Joshua’s rooms. They don’t mind, we settled that way before we got into this dorm room together.”

“Huh.” You said and looked at the bottle. It had the same label as on the one you had at home. This label, however, was written by hand and very delicately.

 

“Did you hand write this?” Eyeing Minghao as you spoke.

 

“Yeah. I wrote it in Chinese. My English isn’t good enough and my Korean could have gone badly. Bedsides, your first language is Chinese so I figured, why not write it for her?”


“That’s really sweet.” You thanked him and smiled. You couldn’t bow to him due to the IV and you felt like a truck had hit you.

 

“Here, take one right now so that you can get your heart rate up again.” The8 handed you a glass of water.

 

You took it from him and opened the pill bottle. When you shook the bottle to get a pill out, it came out with a heart in the center. You smiled, at least someone was trying to make you happy.


“How did you manage this?”


“Well it wasn’t easy let me too you. It wasn’t hard either. I won’t explain how I did it because you don’t need that lecture for now. Now take the pill and then I’ll take the IV out from your arm.”


You did as you were told and took the pill. As you drank the water, Minghao set off to taking the IV. The8 grabbed a pair of gloves and slipped them on with that classic snapping sound you hear when surgeons get ready to operate.

 

He gently pulled the needle out and immediately covered it with a cotton ball so that the bleeding wasn’t too bad nor would you loose that blood you had just gained. He then grabbed the wrapping so he could secure the cotton ball.

 

Once he finished you took your pulse and smiled. “Wonderful. You’re back to normal almost. Come with me and I’ll get you something to eat.”


“仕“

 

Minghao helped you stand up slowly and make your way to the living room. When you got there, Woozi, Wonwoo and Mingyu were waiting for you. Joshua was nowhere to be seen and The8 knew something had gone wrong while he was with you. He didn’t say anything about it though; there was no use in worrying you about what had happened.

 

 

***

 

 

WHEN THE8 LEFT THE ROOM

 

“Wonwoo what did you do?” Woozi asked a bit coldly.

 

“I didn’t do anything.” The latter frowned and sat down on the couch.

 

“I very much doubt that one.” Joshua said quietly but Wonwoo heard him.

 

“What is that supposed to mean Mr. Gentleman?”


Joshua chuckled a bit before looking at Wonwoo and sighing. “It means my dear friend, that you must have done something to piss off The8 enough for him to do that. He hasn’t acted that way since I tried to help him last. That was 3 years ago.”


Wonwoo was about to snap at Joshua but Mingyu cut in before anything couold be said.

 

“It’s true. You do not mess with The8’s medical stuff or procedures unless you want to be attacked with metal nun chucks and punches.”

 

“It would be advisable Wonwoo that you just let The8 have this in his life. Things haven’t been working out for him for along time. This is the one thing, besides dancing, that really makes him happy.” Woozi pointed out with sincerity.

 

Wonwoo said nothing but it was clear he was getting to the breaking point. Mingyu could see the anger and jealously rising in his friend. His eyes were turning another color, that wasn’t good for anyone within five feet of him. Unfortunately for all of them, they were within that range.

 

“Woozi, can you help me up?” Joshua looked at the pink haired boy.

 

“Sure thing.” Woozi helped Joshua to a stand and made sure that he wasn’t going to fall over and kill himself.

 

Joshua walked into the kitchen, threw away the pint bag then unrolled his sleeve. He grabbed his blazer and was about to walk out the door when Wonwoo stopped him in his tracks.

 

“You’re not a gentleman. Why did S. Coups ever give you that nickname?”


Joshua stared at Wonwoo. He was pissed off by this point in time but didn’t say a word. How could he? The only thing that stood in the way of fighting was you. You were more important to Joshua than anything. He wasn’t about to fight Wonwoo for no real reason.

 

Besides, Joshua was still weak from having his blood drawn. He wouldn’t have been up for a fight even if Wonwoo had hit him. Thankfully, the latter only stood watching Joshua leave the room. The door closed behind him with a soft click.

 

“Joshua was the bigger man here Wonwoo. Don’t go picking a fight when there’s really no point to it.” Mingyu said bluntly and began to play games on his phone.

 

Woozi said nothing, but Wonwoo knew that Woozi’s silence mean that he agreed with Mingyu. It was over. There was nothing to be done about what just transpired. Joshua had left the building and now was out God who knew where.

 

Oddly enough, he was dressed for a formal occasion. This was the most confusion part to Joshua’s clothing of the day.

 

“Hey guys. Look who’s up and feeling much better.”


They all turned to find you and The8 standing in the hallway. Woozi smiled at you and got up to give you a hug. Mingyu followed right behind him.

 

Wonwoo stood at the couch, no movement came from him other than the rise and fall of his chest. He looked at you and found he couldn’t even say anything. There was too much embarrassment for the time being.

 

“Where did Joshua go?” The8 asked in a serious tone.

 

“He left. We don’t know where he went. He never said.” Mingyu said

 

“Crap. You guys take care of Margo, I have to go find Joshua.” The8 turned you over to the three of them and left the dorm quickly.

 

“Come sit. Don’t tire yourself out.” Woozi and Mingyu helped you to the couch so you could sit.

 

“Hungry?” Mingyu asked.

 

You nodded your head. It was about time to get something to eat. It was 2:30 pm and way past lunch time for you.

 

“I’ll order something to be delivered here. Wonwoo, come help me pick.” Mingyu took out his phone and grabbed Wonwoo by the wrist, pulling him into the kitchen.

 

“You feeling okay?”


“I don’t really know. I feel like I’ve been hit with a ton of bricks but…I guess so.”


“No. I mean how do you feel about Joshua?” Woozi asked. His tone of voice didn’t say much but you could tell he was being dead serious about the question and that he expected an answer.

 

“Well…” You didn’t really know where to start. It had only been 3 weeks since you two met. Yet there was something about the way he would talk and act around you that made spending time with Joshua more fun.

 

“I’ll ask you again when you feel better.” Woozi said and patted your shoulder. Not out of sympathy but as a way to show that he was a friend and that you needed to talk.

 

You nodded your head and looked out the windows of the dorm. There were rain clouds rolling in and all you knew was that Joshua and Minghao were out there somewhere. Sooner or later there would be thunder, sooner or later, there would be a flash flood in LA.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! I’m so sorry for the really extremely late update. My life has been hectic and I haven’t had much time to write. That’s why this chapter is so long. I figured that I owe it to you all.

 

You’ve all been waiting for so long and I feel very bad about not updating sooner. Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter and I will have a new one out this week I hope.

 

Also, it’s Christmas Eve! That means Christmas is just around the corner. I hope you guys are getting excited.

 

If you guys have any ideas for a special Christmas chapter, yes I do that kind of thing even though it’s corny, please feel free to let me know in the comments. The Christmas chapter won’t really be a chapter in the story but more of a one-shot with the characters.

 

So again, thank you guys and I’m sorry for the long delay for updates. And as always, happy reading!