Beginnings

"Promise..."
 
 
 
 
 
“If I had a nickel for every damn time you said that, I would be rich.” You said while smiling at your friend.
 
 
“No you wouldn’t. I’ve only said it a few times in the past month.”
 
 
“That’s more than Alex.” You retort.
 
 
“Hey don’t bring me into this. I know I’m your friend and all but I’m not gonna deal with that one.” 
 
 
You sighed as you looked at the time. 30 minutes left until you could leave your friends and be alone. Most people wouldn’t like being alone because they probably had too many thoughts going on and don’t want to deal with them. You on the other hand love being alone because that meant you didn’t have to try. In anything…like, at all…Also, it was much better, in your opinion, than being around your friends who basically never shut up and were annoying enough.
 
 
While you sat there contemplating just how much you wanted to sock each of them in the eye, your phone rang. You looked at the cooler ID which only ended up being your mom but all the same you had to answer.
 
 
“Guys I gotta take this. Be right back.” You said as you stood up from the table and walked to a quite corner in the room.
 
 
“Wei?” Your mom always insisted that you speak Chinese to gain more practice but you only even answered the phone in Chinese.
 
 
“Honey, I am off to a business trip and I will be back in about a month. I realize that this trip is longer but I’m trusting you. During that time I have arranged for you to skip school to go, some days, and go take care of yourself. I really want you to be careful with your condition.”
 
 
“Yes mom, I understand. But remember, I AM 18 now. my condition does not change anything about that.” You said while internal you were screaming.
 
 
“Alright, well do your best and please stay up to date with everything. I’d rather not come back home to see you in the hospital.”
 
 
You knew your mom was always worried but this was a different level. She never gave you these kinds of instructions, and even if she did she was never to uptight about the whole ordeal.
 
 
“I have to go now mom but I promise I’ll stay on top of things and stay healthy.”
 
 
“That’s my girl. I love you.”
 
 
“I love you too.” You hung up the phone, not wanting to talk anymore. Even though you loved your mom she still managed to make things more sad. Noticing that your friends were completely immersed in whatever else they were talking about, you left the cafe and headed back home. 
 
 
 
***
 
 
“Joshua,” the youngest in the group of 4 said questioningly.
 
 
“Yes?”
 
 
“Must we always go through this with you? I realize that you have things to do but can’t you push it back for a bit?” The blonde headed boy asked while sitting on the floor with his legs crossed and tossing his snapback up in the air.
 
 
“The8 you know I need to get this finished by tonight. I promised you that I would take you out to to skate boarding but right now I need to work.” The orange headed boy returned to his work at his desk with all the concentration he could get at the moment.
 
 
“Hyung!” Minghao groaned and flopped his back onto the floor with a slight thud.
 
 
“The8, careful”
 
 
“I’m not a delicate child Hoshi” He retorted with a pout that made his face look like a small child when they were upset.
 
 
“I know that but honestly, you’re 18 and going into college soon.”
 
 
“You’ve already been accepted to a college. Why are you so uptight?”
 
 
Hoshi looked at The8 for a minute, sighed and turned back to his essay on the history of economics. Joshua on the other hand had pushed himself back form the desk and sat on the floor.
 
 
Minghao, still laying on the floor, rolled to one side to face the big windows that reached the floor in the dorm room. He let out a sigh and began to think deeply. 
 
 
“Will any of us ever get somewhere that we want to be in life?”
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
As you opened the door to the house, you the lights and found a box in the coffee table with a note. It was written in long perfect cursive which indicated that your mom had left whatever it was for you.
 
 
“Sweety, I’ll miss you and I hope you enjoy this. Wear it to a party, go out and be social rather than stay home alone. You have a whole month to do that and only 4 days to party. Love, Mom”
 
 
“Hm” You grabbed a knife from the kitchen and cut open the box. Inside was a black dress with black and whet stripes on the top. Attached to the skirt of the dress were suspenders that were red.
 
 
“If she thinks I’m gonna go party she may be wrong. But…I should respect her wishes.” Taking the dress, you went up to your room to get your medication. The clock read 4:30, cutting it close to the time when you had to take the medicine. Any later and you would have been in the hospital.
 
 
As you took the medication, you looked out the window. The sky was grey and it was starting to rain. Just another day where you were trying to survive.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hey guys! Sorry if this chapter isn't very good and is alos short but it's only the beginning. If you liked this chapter please subscribe to this and be ready for more updates :)