Week 4: The Match Up

Are you the one?

“Are you excited to go on a getaway date? Today, you’ll be going snorkelling. The reef here is very beautiful and there are lots of fish, so it’s sure to be an amazing sight.”

“Oh that sounds like fun!” Jaelyn commented with a smile.

“Are we supposed to just dive in and have everything work out?”Yerin questioned skeptically. She had never snorkeled before, so she was a bit apprehensive to just figure it out trying while being on television.

Junmyeon chuckled at her question and shook his head.

“Of course not. That would be too irresponsible. You’ll have an instructor explain everything to you before the dates officially start. This lesson will be cut from the broadcast however, because it is not interesting to watch.”

Seulyi sighed when each of the couples were led to an other part of the beach and sighed again when she looked at Baekhyun.

“Hey, don’t act like that! You were the one who picked me this time, so you don’t get to complain.”

“I only picked you because Jaelyn snatched Myungsoo away,” Seulyi clarified.

“Like you didn’t make that obvious last time,” Baekhyun replied dryly. “But you did pick me over all the other guys, so at least act like it’s okay.”

“But it’s not okay…. I finally won, and now I want my date with Myungsoo….”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the girl.

“But you can’t have it. So you’ll have to put up with me for now. At least snorkeling is fun, right?”

“It is,” the girl agreed.

“Then smile a little...” he muttered.  

---

“So, have you ever snorkeled before?” Chanyeol asked the girl next to him. Yerin shook her head.

“But I’m looking forward to trying it.”

“Me too. Apparently, it’s very pretty here.”

“We’ll see if it is soon.”

Yerin had listened intently to the instructions they had received, not wanting to mess anything up. But Chanyeol on the other hand had mostly been goofing around, and was now looking rather lost as to what he should be doing.

“Didn’t you listen when they were explaining?” Yerin mumbled. “Breathe through your nose to seal  the mask.”

“Well, it was boring,” Chanyeol complained. “I had more fun looking at you. You were so focussed.”

The girl frowned at this revelation.

“You’re not supposed to only focus on me during important parts! If you don’t know what you are doing snorkeling can be dangerous!”

“But I have you to save me, so I’ll be fine! Besides, it’s a date, of course I’ll focus on you.”

“Let’s just dive into the water,” the girl quickly said, hoping it would hide her blush.

“Alright! But if I drown I’ll blame you,” he joked.

“If you’ve drowned you can’t blame anyone anyway,” she retorted, making him chuckle.

---

“woa, this is so pretty, right?” Jaelyn commented. They had just had their first dive into the water, and the amount of different fishes was like nothing she had imagined. The colours, the way they moved around, it created a stunning scene.

“It is,” Myungsoo agreed and added in a mumble: “I wish I had an underwater camera.”

“Why? You can see it better when you’re not looking through a camera,” Jaelyn asked with a shrug.

“But it’s a great scene for pictures.”

“It looks better in real life. Just enjoy it right now?”

Myungsoo nodded, and went back under, looking at the different fish once more.

“Jeez, he’s no fun, going back without even waiting for me,” Jaelyn muttered. Maybe she shouldn’t have taken him from Seulyi after all. A date with one of the other boys seemed more appealing every second. Myungsoo was too quiet, too boring. She was truly regretting her choice now.

---

Baekhyun and Seulyi had both been snorkeling for quite a while and now the girl was looking a bit happier. Sure, she still would have rather been with Myungsoo, but at least the sea was pretty. So many different coloured corals and fish, she could look at them forever. Only when she surfaced did she look at the couple several meters away from them, stealing glances at the boy she should have been with on this date.

“It’s less terrible than you thought, right? This date?” Baekhyun commented. He had seen the smile on the girl’s face when they were underwater, so he knew she was enjoying herself. At least more so than on their first date.

“It is. The snorkeling is a lot of fun,” Seulyi replied.

“Too bad you have to do it with me, right?” Baekhyun commented wryly. Seulyi nodded with a laugh.

“Yeah. But it could be worse.”

“Definitely. You could have been with someone boring... But then again, you’d prefer that, right?”

“He’s not boring!” Seulyi retorted.

“Riiiight. Wanna prove it? We can just go over to them, if you want?”

“You mean… To Jaelyn and Myungsoo?” the girl asked, her eyes turning wider, as did her smile.

“That’s what I meant,” Baekhyun replied with a smile. Since they were pretty close anyway, there was no reason not to join them. And he knew very well that the girl had wanted a date with the boring guy very much. At least this way she could still enjoy his company.

“Seriously? Let’s do it then!” Before he could say anything else, Seulyi had already started swimming towards the Jaelyn Myungsoo couple. Luckily for him, he was a pretty skilled swimmer and he caught up with her soon enough.

“Can we join you?” Baekhyun asked when they reached the two. Jaelyn and Myungsoo had looked a bit confused as to why they would come over, wondering if maybe something was wrong, but now, Jaelyn started to smile.

“Of course! The more people, the more fun right?” she commented with a smile.

Seulyi was only looking at Myungsoo, and when the boy nodded she smiled as well. It seemed like this date would still be somewhat good.

“Should we invite Chanyeol and Yerin as well?” Myungsoo suggested. They all turned to look at Chanyeol and Yerin.

“They look pretty cosy though,” Seulyi commented. She wasn’t lying, plus, the less people were there, the more chance she had at spending time with Myungsoo.

“Yeah, I guess we shouldn’t interrupt them,” Jaelyn agreed. “It’s good to see Chanyeol so close with her, since him and Hee-Jin’s never gonna happen.”

“Right? He and Hoya are fighting over her, but I’m pretty sure someone else entirely will end up with her,” Baekhyun laughed. Jaelyn nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, she doesn’t seem like the type to be amused by them fighting over her.”

While Baekhyun and Jaelyn were discussing Chanyeol and Yerin, Seulyi took this time to get closer to Myungsoo.

“How are you liking the date?” she asked him, while hoping he wasn’t really enjoying himself, hoping he would rather have gone on a date with her than with Jaelyn.

“It’s fun. The fishes are really beautiful.”

“I know right. I bet you would have wanted to photograph them,” she replied with a smile.

“Yeah. But my camera isn’t waterproof, so no such luck.”

“Maybe you should come back sometime, once you have a waterproof camera? I wouldn’t mind going twice.”

“Maybe I should…”

---

“It’s like there are a million different fishes here!” Chanyeol exclaimed when he and Yerin resurfaced.

“It’s really pretty yes!” the girl agreed.

“It’s kind of a pity we can’t talk much while we’re diving though,” Chanyeol commented.

“It is. How are we supposed to get closer like this?”

“I bet there are ways,” he replied with a mischievous grin. “We just have to find them.”

“Any suggestions?” Yerin asked playfully.

“We could start by holding hand while diving. That way, we also don’t have to be afraid of currents.”

“So you did listen to the explanation?” the girl asked in surprise.

“Only a little. I’m not as much of an idiot as you seem to believe,” he replied laughing and held out his hand for her.

---

“So what are we gonna do?” Hee-Jin asked.

“About the truth booth?” Hyun Mi questioned her cousin and she nodded.

“They’re all unlikely, right?” Xiumin replied. “I mean, Jaelyn and Myungsoo, I bet they never even talked.”

“And Chanyeol is into Hee-Jin,” Hyun Mi sighed.

“That would leave Baekhyun and Seulyi… But they don’t even get along all that well,” Hee-Jin reasoned.

“But it’s already their second date, so maybe they are a match?” Xiumin suggested.

“What are you guys discussing?” Woohyun joined the three in the kitchen.

“Discussing who to send in the truth booth,” Hyun Mi said with a smile.

“To get a match, it’s obvious it should be us,” Woohyun replied.

“But we can’t send the two of you, since you’re not on a date!” Hee-Jin retorted.

“We should have send you when you did have a date,” Xiumin muttered. “Though we couldn’t vote since we were on a date of ourselves, right Hee-Jin?”

“Right! Though the date was more fun than voting for a couple.”

“Totally!”

“Maybe we should have send the two of you,” Hyun Mi teased.

“I wouldn’t mind,” Xiumin replied with a smile, making the girl in question blush. She wouldn’t mind being a perfect match with him either. Though she wasn’t really looking forward to going into the truth booth, not even if it was with him. What if they were no match? That would be horrible… They had had such fun on their date, she didn’t want to think about not being a match. It was only then that she realised that she might like this boy a little more than she had initially expected.

---

Sunggyu, Hye and Dia were sitting in the library, looking over the notes Hye had made to figure out the couples.

“It seems like Jaelyn and Myungsoo is the most unlikely out of the three couples,” Dia stated.

“Agreed. It seemed such a random match, I don’t get why Jaelyn would pick him,” Sunggyu agreed.

“To mess with Seulyi. Not that I mind, since I’d rather not see Seulyi and Myungsoo go on a date,” Hye replied.

“Yeah. But it would have been a good chance to figure out if they are a match…” Dia reasoned. But then again, she was only in agreement with that if they weren’t a match. Because she absolutely did not want him to be a match with anyone but her.

“If Myungsoo and Seulyi had gone on a date it would have been way better than the current match up,” Sunggyu added.

“But they haven’t, so we have to do something with these couples. Who should go into the truth booth?” Hye asked.

“How about Chanyeol and Yerin? They seem like they could be a match...” Dia suggested.

“But isn’t Chanyeol going after Hee-Jin?” Sunggyu retorted.

“So they are out… And seeing as Jaelyn and Myungsoo is unlikely as well, that leaves Baekhyun and Seulyi,” Hye continued.

“But Seulyi doesn’t like him…” the redhead reminded them.

“She liked him enough to pick him for her date? So it seems possible,” Hye said and Sunggyu nodded in agreement.

I guess so…” Dia muttered.

---

“I hope you have enjoyed your dates,” Junmyeon stated when the couples joined the other contestants in the living room. They all nodded, even Seulyi, happy she still got to spend some time with Myungsoo on the date after all.

“It’s time to reveal the votes for the couple going into the truth booth. This time, there was a couple that got no votes at all, which is the first time this season. Apparently no one seems to think that Jaelyn and Myungsoo could be a couple… And I myself kind of agree. Though mind you, I am not aware of the perfect matches either, so you shouldn’t take my word for it.”

“So you don’t know the matches either? They keep them so secret,” Mark commented.

“We’ll find them out anyway,” Kimmi stated confidently.

“Your last match up did not suggest that,” Junmyeon stated dryly. “But, more importantly, the couple that got chosen to go into the truth booth tonight is: Baekhyun and Seulyi. Congratulations, you will find out if you are a perfect match!”

“Seriously? Who voted for us? It’s obvious we aren’t a perfect match!” Seulyi exclaimed.

“Yeah, yeah, let’s just go and prove it, and be done with it, okay?” Baekhyun said with a sigh.

“No choice but to do that, I guess,” the girl replied reluctantly, and the two headed outside.

“You have nothing to worry about right? Since you’re so sure your match is Myungsoo?” Baekhyun said with a shrug.

“Yeah… He has to be.”

“Then this is only a step in the right direction, isn’t it?”

“I guess so.” She had been so sure she was a match with Myungsoo. But now that she had to go into the truth booth with someone else, all she could do was pray she wouldn’t be a match with the guy standing next to her.

“Just be confident. Like you said, there’s no way we are a match,” the boy said with a shrug. He had already been to the truth booth last week and he wasn’t looking forward to going in again. But at least having two people who weren’t his match meant only eight girls could be his match… It would help them. Unless… Unless this girl turned out to be his match after all. But if she was… Their time in the honeymoon villa would probably be horrible, with her whining about how she should have been there with Myungsoo.

They stepped into the truth booth together, quickly putting their hands on the fingerprint scanner. Neither of them wanted to be a match and they both wanted to get this over with. Seulyi held her breath when the screen turned black, and sighed in relief when the letters NO MATCH appeared.

“Told you it would be fine,” Baekhyun said with a smirk. He was more than a little relieved himself.

“Yes, there was no way we would actually be a perfect match,” Seulyi agreed.

They entered the living room triumphantly, but everyone there was less than enthusiastic. They had all hoped they would finally find their first perfect match…

“I told you it was a stupid choice,” Seulyi claimed.

“It was the most logical of the three, though,” JB retorted.

“I thought it would be Chanyeol and Yerin, though,” Sungyeol muttered.

“If he thought so too, I must have been wrong,” Dia concluded and Hye nodded. “Told you.”

“We’re not good at this game at all,” Elea said with a sigh, and Hoya agreed. “We really need to do better.”

“We have to think about the next match up,” Hyun Mi agreed.

“At least we now know Baekhyun and Seulyi aren’t a match. We learned something,” Seong Yeon stated simply.

“But without getting confirmed perfect matches, we aren’t going to win this game,” Jaelyn retorted.

“It will work out somehow,” Xiumin stated.

“Right! I’m sure we can do it! It’s only the fourth week, we still have time!” Hee-Jin agreed.

“Let’s just hope it’s enough time,” JB stated.

---

Dia was sitting in the garden once again, looking up at the stars. After spending four weeks in a house with this many people, she really liked how she was able to have at least a little alone time at night.

No matter where she went, people would be there. She usually spend a lot of time in the library, reading some of the books, but even there were people. It was impossible to have some personal space, and it was totally tiring her out. So when she heard the door open, she sighed audibly.

“Am I bothering you?” Dia instantly sat upright when she recognised Myungsoo’s voice.

“You’re not.”

“You really like sitting here in the dark, don’t you?” he asked. She nodded.

“I do. It’s relaxing and it’s good to have some personal time.”

“I agree. It’s so busy in the villa, at times it drives me crazy, with the arguing and discussing.”

“Right? I can barely even read in peace,” the girl commented.

“At least there are plenty of books. Although I bet the producers don’t like it if all we do is reading,” Myungsoo commented with a chuckle.

“I bet not. It would be totally boring television,” she smiled as she spoke.

For a while, they were quiet, sitting next to each other and looking at the stars. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence, as both were happy to just relax for a while, away from the busyness from inside the villa.

“How… How was your date?” Part of her didn’t really want to know, but she was too curious not to ask.

“It was fun. We got to go snorkeling and it was really pretty.”

“That does sound like fun! I wish I could have gone too! It must be like swimming through a giant aquarium! I’d love that!”

“A giant aquarium? Yeah, I guess it’s like that,” he said laughing softly at her sudden enthusiasm.

“I really have to make sure I go sometime then!” the girl decided.

“Once I have a underwater camera, I wanna go again too,” Myungsoo replied.

“Ooh yes! It must have been perfect to take pictures off! Too bad you couldn’t have done so this time... I’d have loved to see what it was like… Though I guess I can see it on television later, once they broadcast it.”

“And you’ll see it when you go snorkeling yourself,” he added.

“Had you snorkeled before? Or did they teach you before the date?”

“We got a short explanation first. Otherwise it would be too dangerous.”

“I guess I shouldn’t go snorkeling alone then…”

“Is this your way of asking me to go with you?” Myungsoo asked with a smirk.

“Actually… It wasn’t. But I would like to go together,” she replied shyly, a blush appearing on her cheeks.

“Then let’s do that sometime?”

“Really!? Yes, let’s! You can teach me!”

“You should still take a class or something first,” he replied with a chuckle.

---

When Hoya spotted Elea walking through a corridor, he quickly walked up to her. When he tapped her shoulder, the girl jumped in shock, before smiling at him.

“Oh it’s you. You startled me.”

“Tsk, and you said I wasn’t scary,” he joked.

“You aren’t. But that doesn’t mean you can’t scare me…”

“Apparently not,” the boy laughed, and Elea joined in.

“So…” Elea started, wondering why he had come up to her. But just asking why he was here would seem rude.

“So, I was wondering what you were going to do today,” Hoya completed her sentence.

“Hmm, I’m not sure yet, why?”

“Well, I thought maybe we could watch another movie together, since it was fun last time?”

“Are you trying to get in my bed again?” Elea asked him skeptically and he laughed.

“Maybe…” he joked.

“Let’s go watch a movie then,” the girl decided and they walked off together.

---

Yerin was lying on the couch in the living room. She moved her hands under the pillow under her head, only to pull it out again quickly.

“What was that?” she muttered, and lifting up the pillow, she found a dried out piece of cucumber.

“Who would leave cucumber on a couch?”

“Why are you talking about cucumbers?” Chanyeol asked with a frown as he entered the living room.

“I found a piece under a pillow.”

“Gross.”

“Definitely. Who would spill cucumber and not clean it up? All I wanted to do was lie down for a bit,” the girl said with a sigh.

“You can still do that?”

“And find more gross foods? No thank you.”

“That would be bad, yes. But why were you tired? What did you do last night?” he commented teasingly.

“I never said I was tired! But I was up thinking about the games of course. I mean, we still haven’t found a perfect match. And Seulyi and Baekhyun went on two dates, they both chose the other, but it still did not work out… It’s starting to feel impossible.”

“Impossible? That will only make it more impressive when we win right?” Chanyeol said with a shrug. “Besides, it’s only week four, we have plenty of time.”

“But what if we don’t make it?”

“Then we had a wonderful time, met new people and enjoyed ourselves in a tropical paradise. What’s so bad about that?”

“Nothing,” Yerin had to admit. Chanyeol had a way of making her relax instantly, with his positive attitude.

---

“What are you doing?”

Mark looked up when Hee-Jin was walking over to him and smiled.

“I don’t even really know myself. I started out by reading about cooking… Since I messed up last time. But now it looks more like a huge mess of ingredients and scribbles,” he laughed and pointed to his notes.

“It… Kind of does,” Hee-Jin agreed. “But the food wasn’t that bad, right? Only the rice was burned… But everything else was okay!”

“The rice was what I did. With everything else, I had Kimmi’s help,” Mark admitted.

“Then you two are a great team!” Hee-Jin concluded. “Just cook with her again next time.”

“But she said she couldn’t really cook either… So I wanted to prepare…”

“So cute!” the girl stated. “But it should work out, right? Since it did the first time.”

“I guess so.”

“But… does this mean you are totally over Dia?” she asked curiously.

“I am. It was more of a crush anyway,” he admitted.

“I think it’s good. Since you didn’t really seem to work… Well, she didn’t really seem into you… Oh, am I being rude? I was trying to say something good… But I think I failed…”

Her comments made Mark laugh.

“It’s okay. You’re totally right, she wasn’t into me at all. But that’s fine. It’s better this way.”

“I think so too!”

---

“Baekhyun cooked today?” Chanyeol asked in surprise. “I didn’t think you could cook.”

“Neither did I,” the boy replied with a chuckle. “But I had some help from Jaelyn and Xiumin. Together we managed to make something.”

“It tastes good,” Hee-Jin commented.

“Yup, a lot better than I had expected from you,” Hyun Mi agreed.

“Guys…” Yerin started seriously, and they all looked at her now. Was there something wrong?

“We should really clean up after ourselves. I found an old dried-out slice of cucumber in the living room today. And that’s just disgusting.”

No matter what she had expected, she had not expected three of the people sitting at the dining table to start laughing. Especially not Dia, Hye and Myungsoo, who had always been rather quiet.

“I… I think it might be my fault…” the redhead commented.

“Or mine, since I was the one who scared you…” Hye added, laughing again when she thought back to the incident in the first week. The others were just looking at them in confusion.

“What are you talking about?” Jaelyn asked.

“What does scaring someone have to do with cucumber?” JB added.

“Myungsoo, what happened?” Seulyi asked the boy, who seemed to be aware of whatever it was that had happened.

“Don’t keep secrets!” Hee-Jin added.

“Remember I got sunburned during the first challenge?” Dia started.

“How could we ever forget? You looked like a lobster!” Baekhyun laughed.

“And it must have hurt and you had to wear such warm clothes all the time,” Seong Yeon added.

“Yes… Well, after the challenge, I put cucumber on myself, because it helps against the pain…” the girl continued.

“And it made her look like some kind of creepy monster,” Myungsoo added.

“Yah!”

“It’s true though,” Hye stated. “So when I entered the house and saw her like that, I screamed, because she looked so scary.”

“And that scared me, so I jumped up, and the cucumbers fell everywhere,” Dia explained.

“We figured we had cleaned them all up, though,” Myungsoo muttered.

“Apparently not,” Hye said and laughed again.

---

“So, you and Hyun Mi are a couple now?” Seulyi questioned Woohyun.

The boy just smiled and nodded.

“Why are you asking? Did you have your eye on me?”

“Eww.. Don’t flatter yourself,” Seulyi replied instantly. After all, she was completely loyal to Myungsoo. While she had to admit Woohyun had many qualities she looked for in a man… That wasn’t important right now. Hyun Mi was her friend and Woohyun seemed to be a total player. She wanted to know how serious he was about her friend.

“It’s just… if you are dating, why are you still flirting with all the other girls?”

“I’m not flirting now, am I?”

“This is you not flirting?” Seulyi asked in surprise. “Well, maybe you should practice that.”

“Okay, so maybe I’m a little flirting,” he agreed with a wink. “But isn’t that the game?”

“The game isn’t flirting, it’s about finding your perfect match.”

“That’s what I’m trying to do.”

“But since you are a couple, doesn’t that mean you are a perfect match?” the girl commented with a sigh.

“I hope it does. But as long as I’m not sure, I have to keep playing the game, right?”

“You don’t seem to mind it…”

“So?”

“Hurt her, and I’ll kill you.”

“So scary~” Woohyun sand with a chuckle. “I’m glad Hyun Mi has good friends like you.”

---

Sungyeol had joined JB and Mark in their bedroom and three boys were now sitting together on the beds, chatting about the things happening in the house.

“So, what’s going on with you and Kimmi, Mark?” JB inquired.

“She’s cute…” Mark commented.

“I know that… Of course I know that. That’s not what I meant. Do you like her?” he continued.

“I might… like her. But I don’t wanna go into a truth booth or anything.”

“Was it really that bad? To go into the truth booth?” Sungyeol asked.

“It was,” they both replied at once.

“I guess I should be happy I haven’t been on a date yet.”

“The date was fun though,” JB said with a smile.

“Agreed. Next time I wanna take Kimmi. How about you, Sungyeol, who do you wanna take?”

“I think it would be fun to take Seong Yeon,” the boy in question replied and JB nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, the date I had with her was fun. She’d probably be my first pick right now. Though I also like Elea, but I haven’t really talked with her that much.”

“Just talk with her more then? It shouldn’t be hard,” Sungyeol commented.

“I bet you just want Yeon for yourself,” JB laughed.

“Elea is nice though. She’s probably more social than Seong Yeon… I mean, I’ve talked with Elea, but I don’t think I’ve talked with Seong Yeon before…” Mark stated.

“We’ll see. They’ll pick at the match up, so we’ll see who’s more popular, I guess,” Sungyeol laughed.

“You’re just saying that because she picked you before,” JB teased.

“I hope Kimmi will pick me,” Mark muttered.

---

“Seong Yeon! Wanna go swim again?” JB yelled out to her.

“Swim? Not really….” the girl replied.

“You’re quite popular these days, did you know?”

“What? You’re obviously delusional,” the girl commented dryly, but her cheeks were starting to become pink.

“I can assure you I am not,” he laughed.

“I know for a fact, that more than one boy is hoping to be picked by you. So who are you gonna pick for the match up?”

“Stop teasing me! I know that can’t be right! And I have no idea who to pick… Maybe I should just pick someone randomly, like, go with Xiumin. That makes no sense though, he’s like... the least appealing to me.” She laughed, while shaking her head.

“Don’t do that, it’s no fun if you don’t actually think about it.”

“But with last week, it seems unlikely we are a match right? So you shouldn’t even wonder about this really,” the girl concluded.

“I guess so. It’s gonna be fun to see who I’ll end up with this week.”

---

“Not with Mark?” Sunggyu asked Kimmi. He had seen them together so often lately, it felt weird to see one without the other somehow.

“It’s not like I’m always with him you know,” Kimmi retorted.

“Apparently not… I just assumed you two had started dating or something.”

“But we haven’t…” Kimmi said with a sigh.

“You want to?”

“Maybe. But for now, I think it’s better not to. I don’t wanna have another truth booth fiasco.”

“I think you could be a match. At least, from my notes it seems to make sense. Hye’s been keeping notes as well, though, and from hers, it makes a little less sense, so it’s not like we figured anything out yet.”

“That’s not helpful at all,” Kimmi replied with a giggle.

“We’re trying, okay? We need to do better than last week, that’s for sure.”

“True. But we can’t do worse, right? I mean, having no matches would actually help a lot. Having more than one match is improvement… So it can only go better from here on.”

“I guess you are right about that,” Sunggyu agreed.

---

“Should I expect to find you in our bedroom more often?” JB asked Hyun Mi, the girl instantly turning pink.

“We were just watching a movie!” she defended herself.

“That’s what Woohyun said as well,” the boy replied. “But that wasn’t what I was asking.”

“I.. I don’t know… You could have woken me when you saw we had fallen asleep though!”

“But I figured you wanted to be there. I mean, you are dating so it’s not that weird to sleep together right?”

“We’re only just dating though…”

“You did kiss on television. So I don’t know...” he teased.

“My image is totally ruined. Woohyun what did you do to me?” Hyun Mi exclaimed, making JB laugh.

“Well, as long as you two don’t do anything while we’re in the room, I guess it’s fine.”

“We can still watch a movie when you’re… Oh! Of course we wouldn’t! That’s just gross! What are you even suggesting! That’s not going to happen!”

“Good. Since you probably don’t want them to tape that,” the boy stated.

“Definitely not!” Hyun Mi agreed.

---

“I hadn’t expected you to go on a date with Myungsoo,” Hoya commented.

“Yeah… I should probably not have picked him… I thought Seulyi’s reaction would be fun… But I kind of forgot about the date thing, I guess,” Jaelyn replied with a laugh.

“So, it wasn’t a good date?”

“Nah, it was fun. Seulyi and Baekhyun joined us, and he’s pretty fun. And snorkeling was great as well, so it was okay. Next time I’ll definitely pick someone else though.”

“I thought you only wanted Junmyeon,” the boy teased.

“I never said I only wanted him. I said I wanted to steal everyone away!”

“So you’re keeping that up, even after having an ‘okay’ date?” Hoya asked with amusement.

“Of course! Who knows, someone I don’t really like might actually be fun! I mean, there must be some reason the girls like them right? Though I suspect in Myungsoo’s case, it’s just his face…”

“That’s kind of rude,” Hoya stated, but he laughed a little nevertheless. “People have different tastes.”

“They do, which is good, or we would have a big problem with this game!” Jaelyn stated.

“True. But we’ll figure it out eventually.”

“Of course. We’ll get the money.”

---

“This game is the worst, why do I only like girls who don’t like me,” Baekhyun sighed. “First Seulyi, and when I picked Kimmi last week she was also annoyed. I’m not that horrible.”

“I’m sure you’re not,” Hye agreed.

“Right?” the boy said with a small smile.

“Maybe you should talk to more people? Well, you do… You talk a lot, actually… I don’t know why, then,” the girl commented. “So you are worried about being last pick tomorrow?”

“Worried is a big word. Besides, I never said no one liked me… Just that the girls I pick seem to be really against me somehow.”

“Maybe you just pick the wrong girls? Go after someone you wouldn’t usually chose, and maybe everything would work out?”

“So someone I don’t like is my perfect match?”

“Could be, right?” Hye said with a shrug. “If it was easy, we would have won in the first week.”

“I guess so…” Baekhyun stated, and soon was lost in thoughts again. If only this game was easy. But then again, it would be no fun if it was.

---

“Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for this week’s match up?” Junmyeon asked. Several of the contestants nodded and Junmyeon smiled.

“After last week’s disastrous match up, things can only get better now, or at least that’s how it should be! Girls, this week, you get to pick and we’re starting with Jaelyn who was the winner of our challenge!”

“I’ll pick Hoya,” the girl said simply.

“I take it your date did not go well?” Junmyeon asked, and his smile had gotten a lot wider.

“It would have been better if it had been with you,” Jaelyn replied.

“I’m sure it would have,” the host agreed. “Let’s have Seulyi pick next. The truth booth revealed you were no match with Baekhyun, so who will you pick?”

“Myungsoo.” No one had expected anything else. Yerin picked her date Chanyeol as her perfect match next, followed by Hyun Mi who picked her boyfriend.

Elea, who had wanted to pick Hoya sighed softly when it was her turn, but after pondering for a while picked Xiumin, making Hee-Jin pout.

Seong Yeon went with Sungyeol once again. After all, she did enjoy his company, even at the times she would rather be alone, so he could very well be her match.

“Next up is Hye, who will you pick?”

“I’ll go with Sunggyu, I guess.”

“So enthusiastic,” Sunggyu muttered sarcastically, but walked over to the girl anyway. Hee-Jin was next to pick. But with Xiumin, Hoya and Chanyeol out of the running, none of the boys going after her were available to pick.

“I’ll take Mark… Sorry Kimmi. But I don’t think the others could be my match… Sorry Baekhyun, Sorry JB.”

“I’m getting used to it,” Baekhyun muttered.

Kimmi was disappointed but picked Baekhyun without having to think about it. After all, JB couldn’t be her match.

“And that means Dia and JB are the last couple,” Junmyeon concluded. “Let’s see how many perfect matches you have found this week.”

“Please be more than one, please be more than one,” Several of the contestants mumbled. Soon, the first light went up. They kept quiet. One wasn’t enough. The tension heightened and when the second light went up everyone cheered. At least it wasn’t like last week. This was better.

“That can’t be all of them, right?” Chanyeol exclaimed when nothing else happened.

“And we were doing so well during the first two weeks,” Seulyi sighed.

“You did better than last week. Tonight, you have found two perfect matches. I will see you next week for yet another challenge!” Junmyeon said with a smile, leaving the contestants to rethink their decisions once more.